Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us (2302 Views)

Photo Of Nigerian Army Pleading With The Muslim Sect To Open The Road / Photo:nigeria Army Officers Pleading With Shiites Yesterday To Stand Down / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
Join Us, we can make a difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MIkMQqdpo
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Desola(f): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Join Us, we can make a difference

stupid girl! Ondo state, part of the Niger delta. Ole barawo banza! Illiterate morasucker oshi! Attache for brazillian weave. pshew!
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Johndoe100(m): 12:36am On Apr 25, 2012
Desola:

stupid girl! Ondo state, part of the Niger delta. Ole barawo banza! Illiterate morasucker oshi! Attache for brazillian weave. pshew!

You mangy cur, the oil in Ondo is in Yoruba land?
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 12:50am On Apr 25, 2012
Nice one Omotola! More of our actors should emulate this!

Johndoe100:

You mangy cur, the oil in Ondo is in Yoruba land?

Yes, it is actually in Yoruba land. Arogbo and Apoi migrated to Yoruba land. In fact, the are inland when compared to Ilajes and Itsekiris in Ondo state!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 12:52am On Apr 25, 2012
Desola:

Ondo state is part of the Niger-delta region, same with Imo and Abia.

Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 12:56am On Apr 25, 2012
It's a shame that these foreign companies take our oil YET they leave without giving anything back to the communities the oil is form. Another contrast is, they might have given these communities some money(compensation) but the LEADERS of that community would have shared it among themselves leaving the poor to fend for themselves.

Such a sad world! sad
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by aljharem(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123: It's a shame that these foreign companies take our oil YET they leave without giving anything back to the communities the oil is form. Another contrast is, they might have given these communities some money(compensation) but the LEADERS of that community would have shared it among themselves leaving the poor to fend for themselves.

Such a sad world! sad

abegi comot for road !!!

they are giving back in billions but your leaders are so corrupt, they steal from una.

Ibori, Alam, Emmanuel etc go figure
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Johndoe100(m): 1:02am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123:
Yes, it is actually in Yoruba land. Arogbo and Apoi migrated to Yoruba land. In fact, the are inland when compared to Ilajes and Itsekiris in Ondo state!

A well jason, we all know that you wish you were Yoruba. Sadly you are not. No matter how much you lick their azzes. Just for the record I place zero credibility on the arant nonsense you post to suck up to the Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 1:02am On Apr 25, 2012
alj harem:

abegi comot for road !!!

they are giving back in billions but your leaders are so corrupt, they steal from una.

Ibori, Alam, Emmanuel etc go figure

Alhaji, you should have known me by now. I try my human best not to take sides but the truth is even if some leaders have been taking these "compensations" on our behalf, it is the job of the companies to at least leave a POSITIVE LEGACY! That legacy cannot be found in Nigeria!
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100:

A well jason, we all know that you wish you were Yoruba. Sadly you are not. No matter how much you lick their azzes. Just for the record I place zero credibility on the arant nonsense you post to suck up to the Yoruba.

Its not about sucking up but it remains the truth!

People, Omoyele Sowore is an Ijaw man. take it like that.

Let me tell you a bit about the Apoi people. Many centuries ago, the migrated from a place in Bayelsa state and finally settled in Toru-Abukuba ( now Sabomi - sound Ijawish I guess) in Ese-Odo LGA in Ondo State. The Royal family later moved to Oboro and founded other towns including Igbekebo, Kiribo (Sowore's town), Oju Ala, Igbotu, Igbobini, Inikorogha (sounds Ijawish too I guess) and others.
They settled close to the Ilajes, Ikales and the Ijebus who were Yoruba speaking, because of their lost stay together, they intermarried heavily and slowly they began to lost their original Ijaw language. Presently, the Apoi speak Yoruba (the Ikale dialect), they NO MORE speak Ijaw. Just before lately, they title of their king was even 'Oba" until recently when they returned their original "Kalasuwe" (Kalasuo or Kalasue) title.

Consequently, Sowore is an Apoi (of Ijaw ancestry). If you call him a Yoruba man fine (from his names), if you call him an Ijaw man, fine (from his roots).

I am an Apoi (from Oboro) too, a blue-blood one for that matter, so I know what I am talking.

In conclusion, considering that the Yorubas claimed to have migrated from Mecca (Makkah), can we still refer to them as Makkans? Can we also refer to the Lagosians as Edos? (since they actually came from Benin). On this premise, I will like to conclude that the Apoi people can be seen as "Apoi" people. Because of the language they speak and their geographical location, if they are called Yorubas, there shouldn't be any problem. But definitely they are NOT Igbo or Hausa.

https://www.nairaland.com/704736/omoyele-sowore-owner-sahara-reporters/2#10210651

That, up there, is an APOI IJAW! The owner of sahara reporters who you hate is an Apoi-Ijaw! So what is the "suck up" theory here? Cause I don't do blind followership? Leave that thing!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by aljharem(m): 1:14am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123:

Alhaji, you should have known me by now. I try my human best not to take sides but the truth is even if some leaders have been taking these "compensations" on our behalf, it is the job of the companies to at least leave a POSITIVE LEGACY! That legacy cannot be found in Nigeria!

Dude what positive lagacy are you yarning about ? ?

I remember when they said they wanted to clean up the ND oil spill, what did your leaders do ? they told shell NO and ask shell to give them to the money that they would clean it themselves.

What happened after that ? Did they clean it up ? Yes or No

Exactly, dude take a trip back home to see how ND people are suffering and smiling.

You see ideeiots like Dalover, Johndeo etc tribal ranters always looking for one to blame for their woes without looking to their leaders.

Today Allison Madueke was found to be an accomplice in the fuel subsidy they claim it the Northerners stealing their money. What happened, these same ND youth are protesting in Abuja for the report not to be release so as not to open Allison to the public.

You see How daf.t Nigerians can be at times ?

Take a look at the mo.ron above you called Johndoe, What is he concern about ? Yoruba boundary or cleaning up the ND

Excatly, these people are more concerned by the Yorubas and the Huasa-fulani than their leaders

But the truth still stand, this yorubas they insult, they migrate their in thousands.

Their pride, I mean shameful pride would not allow them to adopt a free minded leadership. All they are concern about is yoruba this yoruba that. Ask how many Igbos are in Kwara ? they would say it is fulani land

How many are in Ibadan ? infact a popular bigot here on Nairaland called Andre schoolled in Ibadan. Ask him why he did not school in Imo state if it was better ?

How many of them are in Lagos ? They would say it was the former capital

How many of them are in Ondo, they would say it is not yorubaland etc

These are the people WE nigerians are dealing with everyday. People with envy and backward mentality

Another iddeiot called Wealey etc would say Ibori should not have been arrested since tiunbu the yorubasss king is free ?

What happened ? Uk now arrested him, he kept his mouth shut in shame

You have to understand Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by aljharem(m): 1:20am On Apr 25, 2012
Jason I employ you to go to Nigeria and know why Yorubas on Nairaland talk the way they do. You cannot blame them.

Why do you think the Edo (A neutral) and western delta (your people's land) supported them ? Ask youself these questions

Ask yourself why middle belt protested with the North ? I mean they want a separate identity but still support them.

It is not the matter of tribal thinking as so many easterners want us to believe, it is about principles and truth.

Why do you think there was protest in Cross river ?

Serious questions and answers you need to know.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by dayokanu(m): 1:22am On Apr 25, 2012
??
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by aljharem(m): 1:26am On Apr 25, 2012
Ask them why Apoi-ijaw act Yoruba rather then Ijaw ?

Ask why Ijaws like yorubas but Nairaland would make us believe otherwise.

There are people on Nairaland who are not who they call themselves but claim to come from a certain tribe (representation) and chat rubbish

Today Dalove is Urhobo -isoko-igbo and now his recent claim is Ijaw

I can keep going on and on

Who protested for GEJ to be president ? This people or yoruba (infact lagos) It is this same lagos that asked for accountability and they started insulting them. That is how backward they are. Please use your imagination these people are reta.rds.

Who voted for GEJ, SW but now they said it was them in the SW that give GEJ all the votes ? Imagine the slap, if they start ethnic battle, they would cry that yorubas are tribalistic forgetting that you do not pull the ear of the dog without recieveing a reaction.

I am telling all these so you know what we are dealing with in Nigeria. I mean the sort of people. People that are not ready for change or see us as equals rather see themselves as oppressed and others as the oppressor. Ask them what is the difference between a typical Igbo man or Ijaw man and a typical yoruba man in the same delta state ?Oh you see....
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 1:50am On Apr 25, 2012
Ahlaji, thanks for your words!
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Brixtonyute(m): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2012
@alj harem

I didn't know you're this smart and knowledgeable.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Johndoe100(m): 2:03am On Apr 25, 2012
jason123: Ahlaji, thanks for your words!

First, the idea that the Sahara reporters guy is the credible source for your history is the most sychopantic thing you have said yet. Please when you want to qoute history why don't you get a REAL source.

I see you having a conversation with your other ID, Alh haram. Boy you is messed up. You are fooling no one.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by strangerf: 2:06am On Apr 25, 2012
What is Omotola saying again? i cant understand her thick accent, too thick for my Western ear. She talks like she is about to take a shyt or something. Perhaps she is labour.

Anyone care to translate?
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by jason123: 2:10am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100:

First, the idea that the Sahara reporters guy is the credible source for your history is the most sychopantic thing you have said yet. Please when you want to qoute history why don't you get a REAL source.

I see you having a conversation with your other ID, Alh haram. Boy you is messed up. You are fooling no one.

God bless you!
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Ejine(m): 2:43am On Apr 25, 2012
alj harem: Jason I employ you to go to Nigeria and know why Yorubas on Nairaland talk the way they do. You cannot blame them.

Why do you think the Edo (A neutral) and western delta (your people's land) supported them ? Ask youself these questions

Ask yourself why middle belt protested with the North ? I mean they want a separate identity but still support them.

It is not the matter of tribal thinking as so many easterners want us to believe, it is about principles and truth.

Why do you think there was protest in Cross river ?

Serious questions and answers you need to know.

Alj Harem, you should first congratulate yourself for being a miserable predictable old soul with an Igbo obsession. Could you be kind enough to tell me exactly how Igbo came into your worthless tirade?
Is JohnDoe Igbo, or is DaLover Igbo?

Anyway, I'm not exactly surprised it's coming from a creature like you. Afterall, you're just a Northerner... You were born stup!d smiley
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by BlackPikiN(m): 3:55am On Apr 25, 2012
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by BlackPikiN(m): 3:56am On Apr 25, 2012
Ejiné:

Alj Harem, you should first congratulate yourself for being a miserable predictable old soul with an Igbo obsession. Could you be kind enough to tell me exactly how Igbo came into your worthless tirade?
Is JohnDoe Igbo, or is DaLover Igbo?

Anyway, I'm not exactly surprised it's coming from a creature like you. Afterall, you're just a Northerner... You were born stup!d smiley

Alh Harem is a grass chewing demented cow.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 25, 2012
BlackPikiN: [flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkDgnVJa7SU[/flash] [flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fI5TZOfjj8[/flash]

Her music sincerely sucks, her voice is really irritating.

That's just my opinion. Even Ty Bello sounds better.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by BlackPikiN(m): 4:06am On Apr 25, 2012
Wetin concern me with your opinion?

Nneka is an int'l artist singing about the injustices in Nigeria and Africa in general. Nneka is known around the world.

Dumb people dn't appreciate good music, though.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozn3IaAUOG4[/flash]

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvrfgFrj40[/flash]
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Crayola1: 4:21am On Apr 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Don't choke on that haterade dear, save some for seconds wink

I don't see why the title had to be Yoruba Woman does x for the Niger Delta, is she not Nigerian again? Are Niger Deltans not Nigerian?
Or the fact that she is Yoruba somehow makes it a legitimate cause? I guess Ken Saro Wiwa was protesting for his health...

Some folks need to get a life or borrow one.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 25, 2012
Crayola1:

Don't choke on that haterade dear, save some for seconds wink

I don't see why the title had to be Yoruba Woman does x for the Niger Delta, is she not Nigerian again? Are Niger Deltans not Nigerian?
Or the fact that she is Yoruba somehow makes it a legitimate cause? I guess Ken Saro Wiwa was protesting for his health...

Some folks need to get a life or borrow one.
BlackPikiN: Wetin concern me with your opinion?

Nneka is an int'l artist singing about the injustices in Nigeria and Africa in general. Nneka is known around the world.

Dumb people dn't appreciate good music, though.

Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 25, 2012
Crayola1:
I don't see why the title had to be Yoruba Woman does x for the Niger Delta, is she not Nigerian again?

The title makes the thread irresistible to posters like you. I just couldn't resist.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Crayola1: 4:52am On Apr 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

The title makes the thread irresistible to posters like you. I just couldn't resist.

Not really. I just looked, noticed the head retar.d who was leading the charge, said my piece, and kept it moving. One wonders why you bother coming all the way to the US and still carry such a backwards mentality, you could have saved the time and money and stayed in Nigeria. kiss

Like I said Ken Saro Wiwa protested for his health, thank God Omotola came 20 years later to rally for the cause lol. Omotola is doing good work no need to mess up her work by tagging yourself to her.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 25, 2012
Crayola1:

Not really. I just looked, noticed the head idiot who was leading the charge, said my piece, and kept it moving. One wonders why you bother coming all the way to the US and still carry such a backwards mentality, you could have saved the time and money and stayed in Nigeria. kiss

Like I said Ken Saro Wiwa protested for his health, thank God Omotola came 20 years later to rally for the cause lol.

BLA BLA BLA. . . .
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Crayola1: 4:56am On Apr 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

BLA BLA BLA. . . .

How cute grin

This mokey tap dances
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 25, 2012
Moving on. . . .

You need a powerful voice to make awareness.
Re: Yoruba Woman Pleading For The Niger Delta Crisis State. . . . Join Us by Crayola1: 5:04am On Apr 25, 2012

Lol what you can't find other videos that you need to repost one twice, damn you didn't think your troll out at all

Here I'll help add credibility your thread

BN Bytes: Leading Nigerian Actress & Amnesty International Ambassador Omotola Jalade Ekeinde wants Shell to Clean Up Oil Polluted Areas Across the Niger Delta – Watch the Video
Top Nigerian Actress and Amnesty International Ambassador – Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has joined Amnesty International’s campaign calling on Shell to clean oil polluted areas across the Niger Delta. Proving there is more to her than just her acting and music, the dedicated youth and human rights activist standing outside Shell’s Headquarters, London in the video, points out clearly that the polluted areas in the Niger Delta caused by Shell has destroyed the livelihood of thousands of Nigerians who depend on the environment to feed their families.

She wants Shell’s chief executive officer, Peter Voser to take full responsibility for the pollution in the region.

Top Nigerian Actress and Amnesty International Ambassador – Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has joined Amnesty International’s campaign calling on Shell to clean oil polluted areas across the Niger Delta. Proving there is more to her than just her acting and music, the dedicated youth and human rights activist standing outside Shell’s Headquarters, London in the video, points out clearly that the polluted areas in the Niger Delta caused by Shell has destroyed the livelihood of thousands of Nigerians who depend on the environment to feed their families.

She wants Shell’s chief executive officer, Peter Voser to take full responsibility for the pollution in the region.

Youre welcome have fun doing whatever this is lmao

Though I applaud her efforts the real responsibility lies with the Nigerian govt who allows and sanctions the actions by the oil companies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd Signs Trade Agreement With Pro Biafra Group / Ekiti Speaker's Wife Beats Driver Over Husband's Alleged Affair With Chief Whip / Jonathan Cant Win In 2015. amaechi/lamido cant account for $27B-musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.