Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. (8060 Views)

No Bomb Blast Or Attack By Boko Haram In FEBRUARY. / No Bomb Explosion In Abuja - FCTA / No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by scopusng(m): 7:26am On Apr 25, 2012
IKORODU - An attempt by a 26-year-old-suspected suicide bomber to blow up a church in Ikorodu area of Lagos was foiled, yesterday, following his arrest.

The development threw residents into panic as news of alleged infiltration of the Boko Harm’s sect into Lagos spread.

The suspected suicide bomber later identified as Olasunkanmi Ismail, reportedly scaled through the fence into Methodist Church at Ita-Elewa area of Ikorodu about 7.30 am.

Suspecting his movement, some curious neighbours reportedly alerted the church’s securitymen, who subsequently apprehended Olasunkanmi, who was clad in a yellow T-shirt and a black trouser.

When searched, a can covered with a paper on which was scribbled ‘open in case of emergency’ was found in his pocket.

During interrogation, Ismail, who claimed he was sent to plant an explosive on the church’s premises, refused to disclose the identity of the sender.

A mob which gathered in front of the church attempted to lynch him, but was prevented by the church’s presbyter, Rev. Mathew Ogunsiji, who invited policemen from Ikorodu Division.

Men of the Anti-Bomb Squad later arrived the scene where a search was conducted round the church’s premises and the suspect whisked away by policemen from Ikorodu Division.

Speaking with Vanguard, Rev. Ogusiji said the suspect was found hiding somewhere near the graveyard, adding that his attempt to escape was foiled by the church’s securitymen.

He said: “We were scared when he said he was sent to plant a bomb in the church. We then contacted the Commissioner of Police, who sent a team of anti-bomb squad to a search the premises but said they did not discover any bomb. This has sent a signal to us to improve on our security system which we hope to do.’’

Spokesman for the Anti Bomb Explosive Ordance Disposal, EOD, Mr. Gbolahan, said it was a mere bomb scare.

According to him, “The issue is no issue, but just a scare. When our men were informed , our EOD technicians got there and discovered a bottle covered with an inscription, ‘in case of emergency.’

”The men applied EOD procedure and swept the entire church premises, but did not find any bomb.

There is no cause for alarm.” He assured Lagosians to go about their legal businesses.

Spokesman for the Lagos Police Command, Joseph Jaiyeoba, corroborated Gbolahan’s claims,adding that investigation was on-going.

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/23762-Suicide-bombing-attempt-foiled-Lagos.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by scopusng(m): 7:27am On Apr 25, 2012
IKorodu ke? I need to relocate fast.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by RichDad1(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2012
Ikorodu? I beg ooo.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2012
scopusng: IKORODU - An attempt by a 26-year-old-suspected suicide bomber to blow up a church in Ikorodu area of Lagos was foiled, yesterday, following his arrest.
The development threw residents into panic as news of alleged infiltration of the Boko Harm’s sect into Lagos spread.

The suspected suicide bomber later identified as Olasunkanmi Ismail,

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/23762-Suicide-bombing-attempt-foiled-Lagos.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This is the reason its a dangerous idea to form southern Nigeria( as a country) with the SWners, becos Yoruba Muslims think like Northern Almajiris

1 Like

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by unclebros: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2012
A colleague of mine who lives in Ikorodu was just giving us this jist few minutes ago.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2012
Bomb Scare;With the level of insecurity in the country, who would believe that?
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by Onyocha: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2012
Ikorodu is in Lagos-yes we know.a mere case of some people seeking attention and feeling important about themselves.

thank God the purported suicide bomber is yoruba and not hausa.if he was northerner,even if no bomb was found people would still not rest their suspicion.useless nairalanders will still continue blabbing and making racist and irresponsible statements.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by stepo707: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2012
So they have arrived lagos.Hmm
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by bakila: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2012
Onyocha: Ikorodu is in Lagos-yes we know.a mere case of some people seeking attention and feeling important about themselves.

thank God the purported suicide bomber is yoruba and not hausa.if he was northerner,even if no bomb was found people would still not rest their suspicion.useless nairalanders will still continue blabbing and making racist and irresponsible statements.

+1000. The amount of my agreement with you.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by MmuoOkija: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2012
Yoruba suicide bomber!!!

Hmmmm!!! I'm guessing the bomber was from Ekiti State as indigenes of that state make good suicide bomber candidate as they have nothing to look forward to in that state.

In the movies, the Arab terrorists always say "allah Akbar" just before they blow up sh'it, I wonder what Yoruba suicide bomders say just before they blow s'hit up. . . . #Owambe Owambe or #NURTW NURTW . . . angry

Please Jonathan, declare a state of emergency in the West now o!! You know westerners dont have liver, so we can stem this rubbish early before it gets out of hand!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by member479760: 11:02am On Apr 25, 2012
why dey no petrol ham right away?
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by k10: 11:02am On Apr 25, 2012
probably a thief who wanted to use bombing to scare ppl
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by shekwon: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2012
Onyocha: Ikorodu is in Lagos-yes we know.a mere case of some people seeking attention and feeling important about themselves.

This is a true talk..there's no one thats is perfect' and there is no place with all saint..some people should think before they talk....
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by UmarSanda: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2012
There is nothing like suicide bombing or bomb, i was there yesterday morning when d guy was caught, n immediately post d happening on my facebook wall. D guy wantd 2 burgle d Church,and was caught nd handed ova 2 a vigilante group called "ONYABO" who beat him 2 stuppor n tie him,while asking him questions, he said he hide something in d church whic he could not produce afta taking d men round various point in d church, at a point he said d thing is in his ANUS. Nothing was found on him, i guess he was trying 2 avoid being killd,cos any criminal caught by dat group is usualy slain at a T junction. O boy rumour can spread like wild fire o, d issue of Bomb startd wen someone askd whether wat he hide was a bomb,n b4 u kw it ppl startd shoutin bomb! bomb!. I can also confirm dat d guy Is a Yoruba resident in Ikorodu,cos he mentiond a particular dreaded street dat serve as aboad 4 criminals like him.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by scopusng(m): 11:24am On Apr 25, 2012
Umar Sanda: There is nothing like suicide bombing or bomb, i was there yesterday morning when d guy was caught, n immediately post d happening on my facebook wall. D guy wantd 2 burgle d Church,and was caught nd handed ova 2 a vigilante group called "ONYABO" who beat him 2 stuppor n tie him,while asking him questions, he said he hide something in d church whic he could not produce afta taking d men round various point in d church, at a point he said d thing is in his ANUS. Nothing was found on him, i guess he was trying 2 avoid being killd,cos any criminal caught by dat group is usualy slain at a T junction. O boy rumour can spread like wild fire o, d issue of Bomb startd wen someone askd whether wat he hide was a bomb,n b4 u kw it ppl startd shoutin bomb! bomb!. I can also confirm dat d guy Is a Yoruba resident in Ikorodu,cos he mentiond a particular dreaded street dat serve as aboad 4 criminals like him.

I biliv u. No more relocating.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by tunde1200(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2012
Umar Sanda: There is nothing like suicide bombing or bomb, i was there yesterday morning when d guy was caught, n immediately post d happening on my facebook wall. D guy wantd 2 burgle d Church,and was caught nd handed ova 2 a vigilante group called "ONYABO" who beat him 2 stuppor n tie him,while asking him questions, he said he hide something in d church whic he could not produce afta taking d men round various point in d church, at a point he said d thing is in his ANUS. Nothing was found on him, i guess he was trying 2 avoid being killd,cos any criminal caught by dat group is usualy slain at a T junction. O boy rumour can spread like wild fire o, d issue of Bomb startd wen someone askd whether wat he hide was a bomb,n b4 u kw it ppl startd shoutin bomb! bomb!. I can also confirm dat d guy Is a Yoruba resident in Ikorodu,cos he mentiond a particular dreaded street dat serve as aboad 4 criminals like him.

GOD BLESS YOU BRO YOU MAKE US UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE STORY. AS AT THIS TIME YESTERDAY SOME ONE IN MY OFFICE BROKE THE NEWS AND WE ALL SHOCKED TO EVEN EAR THAT THEY ARE LOCATED AT IJEGUN AREA OF LAGOS ALSO. EVEN GAVE US SSS HOT LINES TO CALL IF ANY SUSPICIOUS MOVEMENT.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by babaowo: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2012
... True story gan gan re.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by buoye1(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

This is the reason its a dangerous idea to form southern Nigeria( as a country) with the SWners, becos Yoruba Muslims think like Northern Almajiris
......absolute nonsense YORUBA MUSLIMS arnt so religious as dia northrn cntrprt....am a yoruba xtain dat as a lot of muslim frnds,i school in d north bauchi state nd i knw how hausa muslim bhves...infct dey kill yoruba muslim during crisis.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by cowgurl: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2012
Whatever b d case, it js feels gud 2 kno Nigerians r becoming mor alert.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by baslone: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
Person wey just go lean back smoke im igbo turn Boko!!!!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
buoye1: ......absolute nonsense YORUBA MUSLIMS arnt so religious as dia northrn cntrprt....am a yoruba xtain dat as a lot of muslim frnds,i school in d north bauchi state nd i knw how hausa muslim bhves...infct dey kill yoruba muslim during crisis.

There is nothing nonsensical here, Which tribe in Nigeria are ready to blow himself and ppl apart from Almajiris and Yoruba Muslim as the case here.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by tchaik(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
What happened to commonsense and reasoning? I can't understand how any adult of an average intelligence will believe a sheet-of-a-story like this; all in the name of excitement. Let's try and make use of our freely given wisdom, you dnt have to purchase it.

[quote]
The suspected suicide bomber later identified as Olasunkanmi Ismail, reportedly scaled through the fence into Methodist Church at Ita-Elewa area of Ikorodu about 7.30 am.[quote]

A suicide bomber aint supposed to be scalling any fence, that's why it is called suicide; you blow yourself and your victims to hell.
[quote] Suspecting his movement, some curious neighbours reportedly alerted the church’s securitymen, who subsequently apprehended Olasunkanmi, who was clad in a yellow T-shirt and a black trouser.[quote]

Arrested a suicide bomber? SMH. By the way, what has he been doing before the arrest? Chewing gum?

[quote]When searched, a can covered with a paper on which was scribbled ‘open in case of emergency’ was found in his pocket.[quote]

Why didn't he open the can we he was accosted? (That is before his arrest?) Was that not an emergency?

[quote]Spokesman for the Anti Bomb Explosive Ordance Disposal, EOD, Mr. Gbolahan, said it was a mere bomb scare.
According to him, “The issue is no issue, but just a scare.[quote]

Definitely.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by doctokwus: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ur post is so factual& honest.D way d report was written alredy showed it was anoda nigerian rumor wt no basis in d tiniest of facts.If only pple like u cud come out more often2 gv factual eyewitness accts like dis,d nation wud b betta for it.Kudos
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by iykay4455(m): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
I don't believe this story.Yorubas are more enlightened than this
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
I think Umar Sanda is right. This is more likely a burglary attempt, rather than suicide bombing.

In the next three months, I'll no longer be giving you cash; instead, I'll teach you how to fish https://www.nairaland.com/923056/smart-ways-reduce-extended-family
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by seenoevil1: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
[size=15pt]YORUBA SEF DON DEY DO BOKO HARAM . HMMMM NA WA OH . ANOTHER AREGBESOLA IN THE MAKING . IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE SOUTH WEST AND DEPLOY MILITARY MEN TO EVERY CORNER OF THE SOUTH WEST . MILITARY OVER TO YOU [/size]
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by olajay5: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

There is nothing nonsensical here, Which tribe in Nigeria are ready to blow himself and ppl apart from Almajiris and Yoruba Muslim as the case here.
Dashboard or what did u called yourself. What has happened to your common sense? Because I xpected an averagely sensible person to able to read and reason rather than thinking upside down like u did. What has Muslim got to do with this story? First, the story is false. Second, not every Ismail is a Muslim just like not every Michael is a xtain.

Refer to the post by Sanda and see truly that the story is mere rumour. The guy is a mere miscrant trying to escape arrest. Until people like you stop this tribal/religious bigotry, this country will never move forward. Whenever there is a problem, let people look at it holistically, devoid of any sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by sebastinta(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
Mmuo Okija: Yoruba suicide bomber!!!

Hmmmm!!! I'm guessing the bomber was from Ekiti State as indigenes of that state make good suicide bomber candidate as they have nothing to look forward to in that state.

In the movies, the Arab terrorists always say "allah Akbar" just before they blow up sh'it, I wonder what Yoruba suicide bomders say just before they blow s'hit up. . . . #Owambe Owambe or #NURTW NURTW . . . angry

Please Jonathan, declare a state of emergency in the West now o!! You know westerners dont have liver, so we can stem this rubbish early before it gets out of hand!

dumb punk...u just type without thinking, most of our doctors and professors r from ekiti state. douchebag
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by vicholas(m): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
There is nothing like suicide bombing or bomb, i was there yesterday morning when d guy was caught, n immediately post d happening on my facebook wall. D guy wantd 2 burgle d Church,and was caught nd handed ova 2 a vigilante group called "ONYABO" who beat him 2 stuppor n tie him,while asking him questions, he said he hide something in d church whic he could not produce afta taking d men round various point in d church, at a point he said d thing is in his ANUS. Nothing was found on him, i guess he was trying 2 avoid being killd,cos any criminal caught by dat group is usualy slain at a T junction. O boy rumour can spread like wild fire o, d issue of Bomb startd wen someone askd whether wat he hide was a bomb,n b4 u kw it ppl startd shoutin bomb! bomb!. I can also confirm dat d guy Is a Yoruba resident in Ikorodu,cos he mentiond a particular dreaded street dat serve as aboad 4 criminals like him.

Thank you bros for the good story. i even had the story at my office today.
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by MmuoOkija: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
sebastinta:

dumb punk...u just type without thinking, most of our doctors and professors r from ekiti state. douchebag

Point of correction sir. . .

UNEMPLOYED DOCTORS & PROFESSORS!!

Thank you very much. . . . I pray the billion naira poultry project goes fine because you would have alot of graduate/professor chicken cage cleaners in your work force. .

person!!
Re: Alleged Suicide Bomber Arrested At Ikorodu, Lagos. No Bomb Found. by princedj(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Useless guy, he should be kept in prison 4 him 2 learn lesson.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Togo’s PM Resigns : Can This Miracle Happen In Nigeria? / Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre / The Igbos Are A Minority In Nigeria: Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.