Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,052 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja (40899 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu And Wife, Elizabeth, At Thisday Awards (pic) / American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards / Another Bomb Blast At ThisDay Office In Kaduna, 10 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by 9jii(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Stop blaming JEG n stop blamin north.b vigil n pray for better dayz who ever rule.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend: I hope you savagely Nigerians won't bomb NL. You may bomb all the nooks and crannies of your useless, filthy, and rubbish country - but leave NL and the oil for us.

I don't know how 120million gorillas can be made to live in a hellhole like that. Ugly people, inside and out.
MUST U SHOW U STUPIDITY ALL D TYM, CANT U B REASONABLE 4 ONCE?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend: I hope you savagely Nigerians won't bomb NL. You may bomb all the nooks and crannies of your useless, filthy, and rubbish country - but leave NL and the oil for us.

I don't know how 120million gorillas can be made to live in a hellhole like that. Ugly people, inside and out.
MUST U SHOW UR STUPIDITY ALL D TYM, CANT U B REASONABLE 4 ONCE?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Dede1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
In all the madness and craziness that besieged the accident of British suzerainty known as Nigeria, my only regret remains Ndigbo are not yet crazily armed to the hilt. I say let the bombs rain in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by passionate88: 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
micoyankee: This is bad.... God help naija, may †hε sponsors of boko haram family ηενεя rest in peace

AMENNNNNN
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by ismhab(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
clem14: Still available. Blackberry curve 3 for just 20k. If you are interested call 07037508963.
No be original na made in china.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by emmydex(m): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there is no DAILY TRUST for security. THE NATION is in fear, no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of our land. We know we have a GUARDIAN who is also our VANGUARD. We believe in our God despite the PUNCH on our faces and as the DAILY SUN rises, so our God shall rise against them, He will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIAN(s). Gentlemen of d press God is our TRIBUNE....

3 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by maasoap(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

GOD!!
Mr Toronto, I'm ashamed of you. This is all what you got to offer despite having first degree from Ghana and second degree from UK. Why are you so much in defence of incompetent GEJ, or you've forgot that majority of Nigerans voted for him and they have absolute right to criticise and demand for better governance and service delivery. GEJ is not a president of Ijaw Consultative Forum. Stop defending failure, a glaring one for that matter.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
fork adict: [/b]TO ALL PRO GEJ GUYS ON NL: PLEASE SINCE YOU GUYS SAY WE SHOULDN'T HOLD JONATHAN RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR SAFETY AND SECURITY AS NIGERIANS RESIDENT IN NAIJA. WHO DO WE HOLD RESPONSIBLE PLEASE? I NEED YOU GUYS TO ANSWER ME

Who we should hold responsible are Boko Haram and their sponsors. Do u hv any other questn?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
farolee: I guess you taking a cup of coffee in Aso rock,
No he's in Cote D'voire
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by fortyfeet(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
instead of thinking out solution, you are busy calling GEJ.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by SeunT2(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Not again,where is this beatiful country heading to... lord have your way... Their aim is to turn this country to a muslim country almighty God will not agree with their plan amen!
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by ismhab(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there is no DAILY TRUST for security. THE NATION is in fear, no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of our land. We know we have a GUARDIAN who is also our VANGUARD. We believe in our God despite the PUNCH on our faces and as the DAILY SUN rises, so our God shall rise against them, he will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIANS. Gentlemen of d press God is our TRIBUNE.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by rawtruth(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
Seun-T:
Not again,where is this beatiful country heading to... lord have your way... Their aim is to turn this country to a muslim country almighty God will not agree with their plan amen!

No, not a muslim country but a country as desired by Othman Dan Fodio. Ask Adamu Chiroma, he said it. It appears the Borno empire and Sokoto Caliphate have settled their 'mutual' differences and are now working towards a confederation made up of captured territories like Ilorin, Suleja, fct and other 'Hausa Bokwes'. That is why the Fulanis are trimming the countrysides by dealing with 'stubborn tribes' across central Nigeria while BH is hitting dissenting 'voices'in urban areas that would soon become part of the new confederation. Religion is just a ploy to attract foot-soldiers as well as a cloak that covers the 'real thing'.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by ovo4u(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
All because of 71 virgins embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed still one of the reasons I hate muslim. mess you all. How I wish one can wipe all this moda F. off this earth , then the world will be a beautiful place. cry cry
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ndi ara
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by supremebeing09: 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE GOD WILL NOT HELP US!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
IF HE WAS TO HELP US THESE BOMBS WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE OFF.
ONCE AGAIN, LACK OF LOGICAL THINKING.

RELIGION AND THE MINDSET. GOD HAVE MERCY. ACTUALLY, DEVIL HAVE MERCY. FRUSTRATING!

FORKING* QUESTION YOUR LEADERS. QUESTION AUTHORITY. WHY ARE YOUR LEADERS NOT PREVENTING SUCH ATTACKS? WHAT STRATEGY/STRATEGIES ARE THEY IMPLEMENTING TO DEAL WITH THE SITUATION? WHAT ARE WE FACING IN TERMS OF BOKO HARAM? WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF DEALING WITH THEM? HOW CAN THE ISSUE BE RESOLVED? HOW DO WE PREVENT FURTHER ATTACKS? ARE WE EVEN CONSIDERED CITIZENS OF THE STATE OR JUST MERE PUPPETS?

INSTEAD, YOU'RE ALL SAYING GOD HELP US. WHY NOT BLOODY GO TO BOKO HARAM'S STRONGHOLD AND PERFORM MIRACLES SINCE YOU'RE ALL BELIEVERS IN GOD?!!!!

F**K! F**K!! F**k!!!

I GUESS IT'S ONLY RIGHT TO SAY, "GOD HELP THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA'S MENTALITY".

DISAPPOINTING. NO WONDER YOUR PASTORS ARE RICH ENOUGH TO AFFORD PRIVATE JETS.

WAKE THE HELL UP!!!! AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
This is a sad story. Bombing is not taking place at that rate in well known radical Islamic country like Afghanistan.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Anasko(m): 10:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
blasts and shootings in gombe state univ. Now. Link. Voa hausa.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Sugardiva(f): 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
supremebeing09: FOR CHRIST'S SAKE GOD WILL NOT HELP US!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
IF HE WAS TO HELP US THESE BOMBS WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE OFF.
ONE AGAIN, LACK OF LOGICAL THINKING.

RELIGION AND THE MINDSET.

FUCKING QUESTION YOUR LEADERS. QUESTION AUTHORITY. WHY ARE YOUR LEADERS NOT PREVENTING SUCH ATTACKS? WHAT STRATEGY/STRATEGIES ARE THEY IMPLEMENTING TO DEAL WITH THE SITUATION? WHAT ARE WE FACING IN TERMS OF BOKO HARAM? WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF DEALING WITH THEM? HOW CAN THE ISSUE BE RESOLVED? HOW DO WE PREVENT FURTHER ATTACKS?

INSTEAD, YOU'RE ALL SAYING GOD HELP US. WHY NOT BLOODY GO TO BOKO HARAM'S STRONGHOLD AND PERFORM MIRACLES SINCE YOU'RE ALL BELIEVERS IN GOD?!!!!

F**K! F**K!! F**k!!!

I GUESS IT'S ONLY RIGHT TO SAY, "GOD HELP THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA'S MENTALITY".

DISAPPOINTING. NO WONDER YOUR PASTORS ARE RICH ENOUGH TO AFFORD PRIVATE JETS.

WAKE THE HELL UP!!!! AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH

Now that u hv. Complained and asked questions how has that helped us as a nation? Nigeria's problem as a nation is not just the leaders. Evry Nigerian complains and talks too much without sense. What we all need to do is SHUT UP and actually DO SOMETHING individually and 2getha as a nation to change. The change will nt come frm d leaders it will come frm the ordinary man on d street. Case in point: Rosa parks, Luther King Jnr. Untill we stand up and act I still say: GOD HELP US!
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by zalatan(m): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
boko haram mean namo,dey want truely pull gej 4 tree month
cry
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by otokx(m): 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
what a country?
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by rawtruth(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
Anasko: blasts and shootings in gombe state univ. Now. Link. Voa hausa.

These boko haram people are mere senseless anarchists! Why don't they live the schools standing so that when they eventually win the 'war' these schools would become their own type of institutions, or places to conceal women and children in 'Kule'? Nigerians must stand up and remove this evil from the country.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by supremebeing09: 10:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
Sugardiva:

Now that u hv. Complained and asked questions how has that helped us as a nation? Nigeria's problem as a nation is not just the leaders. Evry Nigerian complains and talks too much without sense. What we all need to do is SHUT UP and actually DO SOMETHING individually and 2getha as a nation to change. The change will nt come frm d leaders it will come frm the ordinary man on d street. Case in point: Rosa parks, Luther King Jnr. Untill we stand up and act I still say: GOD HELP US!

You're a bloody joke my friend. Go back to church my friend. Maybe I agree with you to some extent that all we need to do is shut up and act. Not individually but together for the nation to change. But almost every individual calling on GOD, GOD, GOD for change is just ridiculous. Where is the diplomacy? We've become so complacent as a nation we take things as they come. I am not against religion. Just so you know. With your mentality it is easy to label me an anti-Christ. Funny Rosa Parks and Luther King did not shout, "God help us". They acted imminently.

If one voice could bring about changes in America, why can't 150 million people do the same? In Egypt, young citizens like yourself and myself toppled the government's 30-year rule. Are we going to wait for 30 years before we act? In a developing economy like Nigeria? Keep calling on God for 30 years. Maybe he might just send Angel Gabriel to protect your Bottom.

By the way, this is a forum. It is not a means of relaying messages to our leaders. Maybe if you stopped opposing opinions then we could have a united voice on the issues facing Nigeria. Do your Maths and go to sleep my friend.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Brixtonyute(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
supremebeing09:
You're a bloody joke my friend. Go back to church my friend. Maybe I agree with you to some extent that all we need to do is shut up and act. Not individually but together for the nation to change. But almost every individual calling on GOD, GOD, GOD for change is just ridiculous. Where is the diplomacy? We've become so complacent as a nation we take things as they come. I am not against religion. Just so you know. With your mentality it is easy to label me an anti-Christ. Funny Rosa Parks and Luther King did not shout, "God help us". They acted imminently.

If one voice could bring about changes in America, why can't 150 million people do the same? In Egypt, young citizens like yourself and myself toppled the government's 30-year rule. Are we going to wait for 30 years before we act? In a developing economy like Nigeria? Keep calling on God for 30 years. Maybe he might just send Angel Gabriel to protect your Bottom.

By the way, this is a forum. It is not a means of relaying messages to our leaders. Maybe if you stopped opposing opinions then we could have a united voice on the issues facing Nigeria. Do your Maths and go to sleep my friend.

Brother, why are you wasting your time on these people? Most of the ones whom support this government have parents who are part of the establishment. They are part of whole thing wrong with your country. You see them make excuse for incompetence - yet on the other hand blame the poor people. They are part of the problem. The terrorist should just blow all of them up, and let's see if God is gonna save them from that.

The girl you're talking to is quite stupid and ignorant to be honest, and I believe her parents or family are also looters. BH has failed my hand, because they have refused to blow up the corrupt people in your country and their families.

Bombings in Nigeria is just a norm to everyone outside Nigeria. sad
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by supremebeing09: 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Brother, why are you wasting your time on these people? Most of the ones whom support this government have parents who are part of the establishment. They are part of whole thing wrong with your country. You see them make excuse for incompetence - yet on the other hand blame the poor people. They are part of the problem. The terrorist should just blow all of them up, and let's see if God is gonna save them from that.

The girl you're talking to is quite stupid and ignorant to be honest, and I believe her parents or family are also looters. BH has failed my hand, because they have refused to blow up the corrupt people in your country and their families.

Bombings in Nigeria is just a norm to everyone outside Nigeria. sad

My good friend, I only just became a member of Nairaland this morning. It's nice to know most people think like fishes. Not everyone is worth my comment. While I sit in London and continue to analyse several issues happening around the world, I hope my fellow Nigerians come to a realisation that we live in a world where everything is instrumented by man, not GOD.

Well, now I know that some people can be very narrow-minded. Thank you and God bless (NOT "GOD HELP YOU" MY NEW NAIRALAND FRIEND!) smiley smiley
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by richkids1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
God have mercy ohhh
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by supremebeing09: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
richkids1: God have mercy ohhh

JESUS H. CHRIST! STOP THIS "GOD HAVE MERCY" TALK AND THINK INTELLECTUALLY!

WE REALLY DO HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IN NIGERIA cry

SHAME.
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Okijajuju1(m): 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
maasoap: Mr Toronto, I'm ashamed of you. This is all what you got to offer despite having first degree from Ghana and second degree from UK. Why are you so much in defence of incompetent GEJ, or you've forgot that majority of Nigerans voted for him and they have absolute right to criticise and demand for better governance and service delivery. GEJ is not a president of Ijaw Consultative Forum. Stop defending failure, a glaring one for that matter.

I sy blame God because he has the absolute power to stop these things and decides to turn a blind eye. Atleast that what the bible and churches have made us to believe. And these bombers are motivated by the believe that he has a paradise of gold, wine and virgin women waiting for them at on the other side.

I am not saying Jonathan is flawless, but then again, putting him down and bashing him wouldnt help either. Look through this post and many others like it, all you see are bashing, curses and all sorts and manner of insults. . Nobody is profering any solutions. I am not oblivious to the shortcomings of this country, being President of a country like Nigeria must be the hardest job on earth. The Police is facing a whole new challenge. . . I remember a while ago when the first bomb blast went off at in Abuja and I started screaming that this was the beginning of several bombs to come. . If you look fairly on Nigeria, we have a knack for holding on to bad and negative things. . Its like kidnapping, when once it started, it spread and took almost 4 years to bring under a certain degree of control (thanks to the amnesty programme which I do not support by the way). . . Now we have bombs. . . Take a look at the pictures of the Nigerian police handling bomb victims, bomb sites and how they collect evidence, you would see that these guys are not equipped for this kind of crisis and are only improvising. .

I am not Ijaw, I am not defending failure either, but I dont think he has failed me. . . Its not as if the mess in the security agencies in the country started with him. If Jonathan messes up, I will say it as it is. . . I was the first to attack him for giving Retired IGP Hafiz Rigim a National Award when under his watch Nigeria turned into a terrorist nation and even the Police HQ was bombed . . . I dont work for the government, I only have my emotions in check and I am thinking with a clearer head than most Nairalanders.

wirinet:
The issue of invading ones own country does not arise here. But as president GEJ has enormous powers, he could declare a state of emergency in the whole nation or any part thereof. OBJ declared state of emergency in Ekiti and plateau for less serious reasons.

For your information, dept of homeland security was created as a response to 9/11 and not available at the time of the terrorist attacks. Why can't out security and Intelligence agencies monitor Boko Haram and trace the sources of their finance. Already the supreme leader of Boko Haram has been traced to Norther Cameroon, why can't they go after him? To disable a terrorist organization, you arrest or eliminate its leaders as is d
one by the US or Israel.

If the security agencies are weak, why can't he strengthen them? From available information on the media, the terrorists were trained abroad, Mauritania, Sudan, yemem (remember adbul mutallab said was trained with other Nigerians in yemen), they have funding from Iran and Al Quaida in the Magreb. So Boko haram has lots of international connections.

Do you know what happens in a state of emergency in Nigeria?! Let me explain, they mount roadblocks, declare a curfew, and just patrol the city in their trucks and cars. . . Thats brute force and doesn't solve the problem (IMO). Obasanjo was a mad man. . . A military man who's only solution to every conflict was brute force, case in point the ODI massacre. I dont think a state of emergency is the solution here, but rather intelligence gathering. In this regard, the SSS has failed woefully and if you want to blame the President for the failure of the SSS then I would understand. . . But lets not forget that he has people in charge of these security outfits and has changed them and still. . . O.K!!

Homeland security was set-up after 9/11 no doubt but dont forget that the CIA & FBI had most of the bombers on their watch list and other suspected sleeper cells before that attack. The point I am making here is that atleast they had a system that was already in place and homeland security only had to expand on their operations. NO BE SO FOR NIGERIA. . . The police has nobody under surveillance, the SSS is french for political bodyguards, the Civil defence (I dont even know what those ones are there for), The Nigerian police were only good for checkpoints, traffic offences and collecting bribes. . . There is no foundation or structure in place for anybody including Jonathan to build on. Go to the "STATE POLICE COMMAND" in whatever state you live in and see, even the local police precint in a slum like Harlem in New york is better equipped than they are. The restructuring of the Nigerian police and other security outfits is not a 1 month project. . . ALL OUR POLICE OFFICIALS ARE IN NEED OF SERIOUS TRAINING AND REORIENTATION. This is a job that takes time. . . I cant however speak on if this work is already in progress. . .

On the issue of funding and training for BOKO HARAM coming from Yemen, Iran and Co. . . . DO you want Nigeria to launch an attack on Iran for training our terrorists and importing weapons into our country?! Lest you forget, Iran has developed the Katusha rocket and would be glad to use Nigeria for target practice and who nows what level their Uranium enrichment programme is at right now. . Maybe they can also test their prototype on us. WE ARE NOT AMERICA. . The U.S could attack Afghanistan and Iran without the consent of the U.N because they are the U.S. . If we try it, thats it. . Or maybe we should attack Cameroun since they are harboring the leader of Boko Haram,. . . Let me assure you that before the first five Nigerian C-120's land on Cameroun soil, the French Navy complete with submarines and Aircraft carriers would be in Nigerian waters ready to launch a full scale strike on us. . Abi you think say dem no get backing?! This is why we can only use diplomacy not force. . our situation get as e be. . .

wirinet:
Is that not obvious, Boko Haram and politicians hiding under boko haram to further their political ambitions and international terrorist organizations that wants to use Nigeria as their new base after Pakistan and Yemen became too hot.

Once again, easier said than done. . Who are these politicians?! How do we spot them?! Who is investigating them?! Is it the same Nigerian police that cant solve a local robbery?! who?! Pakistan and Yemen were a haven for these sort of people until they learnt how to effectively deal with them. . . Give Jonathan a chance to deal with this. I do not think he enjoys the fact that these bombs are going off under his watch.

wirinet:
No I do not know the face of Boko Haram members but that is why officers that work for SSS, DMI, Police, etc earn salaries. To gather intelligence.
The names of prominent Boko Haram members are public knowledge as captured members have divulged that information long ago.

Unfortunately none of these outfits you named works. . . You know this, I know this. . If the Police and co cant see their enemies clearly marked in front of them so that they can shoot at them, they are useless. . . 'Intelligence' is not a word that you want to associate with any of our security outfits. . IF not, how did Boko Haram plan and execute a well planned and orchestrated hit such as the one in Kano where over 10 bombs went off on the same day and the SSS did not get a hint of such a large scale assault?! Forget that thing biko. . . I was in University of Uyo and overheard some folks discussing openly about going to Port-Harcourt to buy dynamites to disrupt a particullar political meeting and I didnt even know a number to call to report it as I had a clear view of the man and his associates, even got wind of his name and also the license plates of the car they were driving. BUT then. . . this is Nigeria, where nothing works.

wirinet: So why do we not have CCTV all over Abuja? Se bi dem say dem Don award the contract? Besides these technologies are very cheap and easy to install nowadays, its no big deal as you people make it look.

CCTV. . . Lets first of all have constant light then we can have CCTV. CCTV is only effective when there is a database where you can retrieve info on the captured suspect from. Example, if a blue Honda accord with license plate ABJ 001 FCT is caught on CCTV and you dont have a database where you can retrieve the name of the owner of the vehicle, the address of the owner of the vehicle and then use these info to track their bank accounts, block their travel passports and then put out an APB on the suspect, you might as well be shooting a cable programme titled "NIGERIANS GONE WIL" with them cameras. . . CCTV needs other things to make it work effectively, 95% of those things are not on ground and not readily obtainable in Nigeria. . . Its not President Jonathan's fault either, no be today yansh begin smell. . . lol

wirinet: Why don't you provide us with the breakdown if the N1 trillion security budget so we can see the amount allocated to pension, logistics, hardware, etc.
undecided

Unfortunately, I dont have access to this pieceof infomation, BUT its readily avaliable to you thanks to the FOI bill that was passed into law by President Jonathan. . All you have to do is write a formal request to the office of the Accountant general and demand the breakdown of these figures and see for yourself. . . Exercise you rights dude. . .

wirinet: How much money would be required to bring our security forces to standard? I am talking about standard based on threat levels we face in relation to our GDP. How much does other countries with similar GDP and threat levels spend? How much does Brazil, south Africa, Israel spend?
Even though we might not require an F-13 or a MIG to fight terrorism, how much do they actually cost? After all we have up to 10 aircrafts in the presidential fleet, are you saying Nigeria cannot afford 1 or 2? What about the planes already in the airforce, are they not operational?
We are tired of plans that are inside GEJ's chest, we need to see action and results. We need to see a drastic reduction if not complete halt in terrorist attacks on Nigerian soil.

Well, in a country were the minimum wage is barely 100 dollars (and not up to 80 British Pounds), were the government has to subsidize education, petroleum products, food and many other things, build and rehabilitate new and old/decayed infrastructures like roads, provide electricity (by building power generation plants all over the country which is ongoing by the way) and many other such cost intensive project, where we still really on aid to supplement the internal funds we have, where our foreign reserve is a joke, where we consume more than we produce (like Sanusi put it we import more than we export), I dont think we can afford to bite more than we can chew. . And this is eidenced by the fact that we keep purchasing secondhand fighter jets and helicopters. . The last vessel that was added to the Nigerian Navy (IMO) was a gift from the U.S. . .

The point I am trying to get across is that we should relax in our criticism of the President a little bit. No man likes to be in his shoes right now, with so many advisers (educated) and political appointees plus those on his facebook page, I'm pretty certain he has a flood of ideas on how to deal with this situation daily, but we need to step back and realize that this is not a problem that started with Jonathan. . . He needs our support more than our criticism. .

#JustSaying!!

ismhab: They have attacked THISDAY to prove that there is no DAILY TRUST for security. THE NATION is in fear, no confidence in the LEADERSHIP of our land. We know we have a GUARDIAN who is also our VANGUARD. We believe in our God despite the PUNCH on our faces and as the DAILY SUN rises, so our God shall rise against them, he will hunt them until they confess to be NEW NIGERIANS. Gentlemen of d press God is our TRIBUNE.

You are a MONKEY, but I love you none the less (NO HOMO). . .

Laughter is always a good medicine. . . You forgot to add TELL to your list. lol
Re: Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja by Pesuzok(m): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2012
End of this discussion
wirinet:

If we cannot hold GEJ responsible, then who should we hold?
Massive fraud in NNPC, GEJ not responsible.
Massive corruption in pensions office, not GEJ fault.
Near collapse of the capital market, GEJ has no blame.
Near total black out throughout Nigeria, GEJ not responsible.
Boko Haram bomb at will, including very close to aso rock despite warning from foreign intelligence agencies, not GEJ's responsibility.

So what exactly are GEJ's responsibilities?

If boko harams sponsors plan to make us believe that GEJ is incompetent, then they have done an excellent job.

So how are we to show that we are not ready to be taken for a ride? Carry a gun and lynch any northern Muslim we come across north of the niger? Please tell me what you want us ordinary defenseless citizens to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Surrenders To Police / Robert Mugabe Is Dead! Ex-Zimbabwean President Dies At 95 / Raid On Justice Odili's House: Search Warrant Used (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.