Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos (925 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Cameroon After Failed Suicide Attempt (photos) / Female suicide bomber arrested in Cameroon again (Photos) / Pictures Of The 13-year Old Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by Nchara: 12:44am On Apr 27, 2012
Lagos suicide bomber arrested in Ikorodu

By EVELYN USMAN & BOSE ADEBAYO
IKORODU—An attempt by a 26-year-old-suspected suicide bomber* to blow up a church in Ikorodu area of Lagos was foiled, yesterday, following his* arrest.

The development threw residents into panic as news of* alleged infiltration of the* Boko Harm’s sect* into Lagos spread.

The suspected suicide bomber later identified as Olasunkanmi Ismail, reportedly scaled through the fence into Methodist Church at Ita-Elewa area of Ikorodu* about 7.30 am.

Suspecting his movement, some curious neighbours reportedly alerted the church’s securitymen, who subsequently apprehended Olasunkanmi, who was clad in a yellow T-shirt and a black trouser.

When searched, a can covered with a paper on which was scribbled ‘open in case of emergency’ was found in his pocket.

During interrogation, Ismail, who claimed he was sent to plant an explosive* on the church’s premises, refused to disclose the identity of the sender.

A mob which gathered in front of the church attempted to lynch him, but was prevented by the church’s presbyter, Rev. Mathew Ogunsiji,who* invited policemen from Ikorodu Division.

Men of the Anti-Bomb Squad later arrived the scene where a search was conducted round* the church’s premises and the suspect whisked away by policemen from Ikorodu Division.

Speaking with Vanguard, Rev. Ogusiji said the suspect was found hiding somewhere near the graveyard, adding that his attempt to escape was foiled by the church’s securitymen.

He said: “We were scared when he said he was sent to plant a bomb in the church. We then contacted the Commissioner of Police, who sent a team of anti-bomb squad to a search the premises but said they did not discover any bomb. This has sent a signal to us to improve on our security system which we hope to do.’’

Spokesman for the Anti Bomb* Explosive Ordance Disposal, EOD, Mr. Gbolahan, said it was a mere bomb scare.

According to him, “The issue is no issue, but just a scare. When our men were informed ,* our EOD technicians got there and* discovered a bottle covered with* an inscription, ‘in case of emergency.’

”The men applied EOD procedure* and swept the entire church premises, but did not find any bomb. There is no cause for alarm.” He assured Lagosians to go about their legal businesses.

Spokesman for the Lagos Police Command,* Joseph Jaiyeoba, corroborated Gbolahan’s claims,adding that investigation was on-going.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/m...-lagos-church/
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by Nchara: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2012
Have Yoruba Muslims finally joined the fray? This is gonna be bloody. Let me pop my canned soda and chilax with some popcorn to see the movie.

1 Like

Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by Kenezi: 12:54am On Apr 27, 2012
Religion of Peace
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by achi4u(m): 1:01am On Apr 27, 2012
muslem doctrination are of the same par but if Yoruba muslem decide to join their counterpart up north then my prayers are answeredgrin
pls dont ask me how!
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by 9jaIhail(m): 1:22am On Apr 27, 2012
achi4u: muslem doctrination are of the same par but if Yoruba muslem decide to join their counterpart up north then my prayers are answeredgrin
pls dont ask me how!

Lol no need asking you how,we all know you meant well for them
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by aljharem(m): 1:25am On Apr 27, 2012
Without reading the topic or post. since it is Nchara I know it is about yoruba !
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by nanos: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2012
odi kwa risky
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by MeAboki(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kai, see misleading headline, suicide bomber; when actually there was no bomb nor any attempt by the suspect to kill himself, yet he was labelled suicidal.
A typical case of retardeen, Phd without intelligence at work. No wonder the boko boys are turning on the media for misquoting them - though not in support of their killing of innocent lives. SMH.
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by passionate88: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
he is a westerner..........
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by gidiMonsta(m): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
Una don start again ba? This foolish news has been dispelled in another thread na haba!! The guy na thief not bomber.
Re: Southern Suicide Bomber Arrested In Lagos by gbogboti: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
At times I really wonder. Between the Yoruba muslims and Hausa muslims who is lying? The Yorubas 'll tell u that islam did not say they should kill "un believers" that's christians and the Hausas 'll say d opposite. The Arabs practise islam d way d Hausas practise it. In fact, they quote d Koran very well pointing out to where Koran condemns christians. Me I tire o

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Flays U.S. Delegation For Aborting Nigeria Trip Over Insecurity / Invasion Of Air Nigeria Office By Firs / Lucky Igbenedion Has Stroke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.