Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? (743 Views)

Dasuki: Are We Back To The Dark Ages? THISDAY. / What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? by bsparks: 10:14am On Apr 27, 2012
After the news of the Thisday Newspapers' bombings broke out, GEJ promptly issued a statement condeming the act while in Cote D'voire for an ECOWAS meeting, where one of the issues being discussed is how to solve the insecurity in certain neighbouring countries (makes u kinda wanna smile; don't it?). I'm just thinking out loud but if he is not back in the country by now, aren't his priorities misplaced?
Tony Blair in 2005 flew back home immediately, from a G8 meeting, after the London bombings. Like I said, thinking out loud.
Re: Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? by rimzo(m): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2012
Bombing is not new thing again in Nigeria so our careless leaders will never turn serious attention to it. I always feel bad getting to realize I am a Nigerian.
Re: Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? by bsparks: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
rimzo: Bombing is not new thing again in Nigeria so our careless leaders will never turn serious attention to it. I always feel bad getting to realize I am a Nigerian.
Maybe if we had true democracy and we actually decided who our leaders wld be, I think they'd care more bout public opinion
Re: Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? by freecitizn: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
The lackadaisical attitude our leaders show to such security emergencies is very very upsetting. I really didn't expect any better from GEJ considering his antecedents...when on earth will these leaders treat the protection of Nigerian lives and property with the high sense of responsibility and urgency it deserves? They should start getting sanctioned and punished for insensitive actions or inactions like this!
Re: Re: Thisday Bombings - Is GEJ Back In Nigeria? by CyberG: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
Why would a dumbass school child fly back to Nigeria because of an ordinary bomb? Someone selected on the alter of tribalism and religion knows he doesn't owe you nada so far as he can keep stoking the narrow interests and paying them to sabotage the entire country.

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Way To Honour Abiola - Guardian Editorial / The Video Evidence (EXCLUSIVE): DISHONOUR AMONG THIEVES, Scams Within A Scam - / Jonathan To Send Birth Control Bill To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.