Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? (1044 Views)

Buhari To Address Nation On Recovered Loot - Oyegun / deputy Senate President Blast President Buhari / June 12th 1994: General Sani Abacha Address Nation On Reason He Assumed Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by Maisuya1: 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2012
I just watched the ukrainian president addressing the nation and giving a situation report about today's blast. How many blasts have happened in Nigeria and we never see the president speak on it or even tell us what is happening

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by phraoh(m): 8:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
And how many speeches would you want him to make with the incessant and daily bombings?
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by CyberG: 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
There is NO president in Nigeria. Just a school child dumbass impostor!
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
You want to make a puppet out of the president yeah??
I still don't get why it is easier for many northerners to criticize Jonathan than to criticize the evil called Boko Haram.
Mai Suya, if you can show me one link to a post where you have condemned the bombing as much as you condemn the President....
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by Arosa(m): 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
Another thing that the western world always do when there is a tragedy like this is to declare a national day of mourning. I just realised that if we were to do that in Naija, every day will be a day of mourning.
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by Maisuya1: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
PapaBrowne: You want to make a puppet out of the president yeah??
I still don't get why it is easier for many northerners to criticize Jonathan than to criticize the evil called Boko Haram.
Mai Suya, if you can show me one link to a post where you have condemned the bombing as much as you condemn the President....
I am not going to indulge your ignorance but let me give you a simple analogy; GEJ represents the people of Nigeria which included my self, he is paid from tax payees pocket so he answers to them/us. Now I never elected BH neither do I support their cause (coz if I did I won't be asking GEJ to fish them out).
If asking the president to give nigerians whom elected him situation reports of events in the country is such an issue to you guys, I would suppose asking him to go after BH will be to much to ask. Gosh! How do u guys reason, must every one be narrow minded like you. I myself have a brother who lost a leg in the pre election suleja bombings.(I don't pray that for anybody). So if a president can't guarantee our security he is not worth being there. (if he can't stand the heat, he shouldn't have entered the kitchen in the first place)
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
I think we have to be realistic here! Terrorism is not something even the most advanced military can fight in a second especially when a good percentage of the populace is sympathetic to the cause of the terrorists. America spent almost 1 trillion dollars trying to maintain security in Iraq and still bombs go up in Baghdad everyday. The security of Iraq was in the hands of the world's most sophisticated military system with over 100,00 soldiers stationed at any given time and yet that system lost over 5,000 soldiers to IEDs in a few years.
Lets face it and be realistic, continuous acts of terrorism is possible only in places where the populace have sympathy with the terrorists.
The only country that has successfully stopped terrorism is Israel. That hasppened and that happened because they fenced out those sympathetic with the terrorists

El Rufai twitted a very sad tweet yesterday. He used snide remarks on Thisday Newspapers for being sympathetic to Government and spoke like they deserved the bombing. That's someone I once respected. He has never once criticized Boko Haram. Rather he talks about dialogue. He says Government should withdraw troops. How on earth do you dialogue with a group of faceless cowards who derive joy in seeing the blood of innocent civilians and have no reasonable demands to bring to the table This is the stand of many northerners and I don't get it. Even Buhari never with all his influence would say a word. Its pathetic because it is the north that is being destroyed.

You say Jonathan should stop the bombing. My question, how is supposed to do that when you say he should pull out soldiers!! Seriously if you have a good idea on how to stop Boko Haram let me hear it.
We talk about using intelligence. What is intelligence and who are those supposed to execute any clandestine moves. Sadly, the only people you can use to execute any intelligence on Boko Haram is people that speak the same language and observe the same culture with Boko Haram. In which case Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri. Sadly many from these tribes have shown more sympathy, as exhibited by El Rufai towards Boko Haram than they show towards the Nigerian State. There is this attitude of Boko Haram is Jonathan's problem so he should fix it. No, it is a Nigerian problem and everybody has a responsibility towards bringing the menace to an end.

Until Northerners begin to see the damage Boko Haram is doing to their region and rise up and stand against Boko Haram, there would be no remedy.
The key reason for all the bombing is to ensure that Jonathan's government fails to have any reasonable impact before 2015, so many northerners who feel like 2015 is theirs by right are glad to see the bombings. That explains El Rufai stand. Sad reality though is the fact that Boko Haram has destroyed the Core North's chances of tasting power in Nigeria for ages to come. No other region would be comfortable with a northern president in the saddle.

In all, the saddest reality is the fact that Southern Nigeria is beginning to look more like Brazil,India, Turkey and the rest of the big time emerging economies while Northern Nigeria is beginning to look like Somalia or Pakistan or even Afghanistan. Its the sad reality and there isn't much Jonathan can do to change that.
It is the leaders of the north- those with a voice like Buhari, the Sultan and many of those other folk that have the ear of the almajiri that have a responsibility to speak to the Imams and the village heads and to the community leaders to stop the message of hatred and promote the quest for knowledge!!

Mai suya, we need to start asking ourselves true questions. Is Jonathan the problem or is Boko Haram the problem?? Is Jonathan responsible for the rise in the spate of bombings in Pakistan, Afghanistan and all the other countries where Islamic extremism have taken root? Is Jonathan responsible for the poverty in the north and the decades of neglect in developing education for the young and vulnerable. We should stop deceiving ourselves. Lets fix the root causes and we would avert the imminent danger lurking in the mountains!!!

NB
Sad that your brother lost a limb. Hope he is better now. My sincere sympathies.
Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ papabrowne, I'm a big fan of yours, very big fan. I always look forward to your posts. I remember your anaylsis on the reason you felt president GEJ was going to trump buhari in the last elections (2011 polls). I think you listed 7 or 8 facts to buttress your point. And as the elections flew by, you where on point. I just have to say once again that you are on point, not meaning to insult, but to state the facts as they truly are. With states in the south such as lagos, rivers, akwa ibom, ondo, enugu, imo, edo, ogun investing lots of money in infastructure, I'd just have to agree with you that the south of our country is looking more like brazil, india and turkey. Esp. Brazil and india. While the north is looking more like pakistan or yemen. This is therefore not to take away the gallantry of the peeps in kaduna (yersterday), who fought for there lives and the lives of others in the face of imminent danger. And to those three who lost there lives fighting for their freedom, and that of others may their souls rest in peace. This therefore does not take away the fact that it is the northerners who have let the cancer grow, marilyn ogar (sss spokesperson) gave a chilling, very chilling account of how bystanders clapped there hands as islamists attacked police and army officers brutally murdering them in the attacks in yobe ( the large scale attacks), as I watched her report on nta, I felt like crying. How then do you expect the security services to do a clean job when a good number of citizens support this murderous acts of blatant-dis regard for human life. But kudos to our security forces, the state security service, and the army for adapting really well, not so for the police. For a short period of time these two agencies have been able, to adapt and pre-empt strikes. Case in point was the easter bombings in kaduna, which would have been the worst terror attacks in the country, if not for the pro-activeness of the army and the sss making a series of busts, killing a total of over 30 insurgents in that holy week. It is comments like that of nasir el-rufai, and mai suya who continue to abuse the president, who forget that security first begins with us. The funny thing is, in the united states 8/10 of her citzens report suspicious activities to the police, this effectively means that in a group of 10, the police has 8 informants. The truth though is terrorism affects everyone of us as nigerians, when the world calls us terrorists, they don't differentiate from north or south, it is all of us who are called terrorists. So instead of looking for an avenue to insult the president all the time, we should collectively as a nation both as civilians or military devise means to isolate terrorists in our midsts and then kiLl all of them. They all deserve to die, tortured first before any death.@ PAPABROWNE, ones again, I'm a very big fan!!!!!! If there is any why for me to get your autograph online, I'd be most honored to get it.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Bomb Blast, President Address Nation. Nigerian Blast, Did U C D Presido? by phraoh(m): 12:13am On Apr 28, 2012
@ Papabrowne and Henry120....Yu guyz comments rock....Never knew there are still objective Nigerians on NL.....Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Hundreds Escape Death As Police Defuse Bomb In Abuja Church / What Is Our President Doing??? / Three Arrested For Kidnapping, Killing Lagos Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.