Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. (19700 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / 'my Husband Rented A Flat For Our Maid' - Wife / My Neighbour And His Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Dexlomo: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2007
Hello all,

Please Help me cos I am confused as per wat to do.

I am the 1st child of the family and I have 3 younger ones (A guy n 2 girls). Our parents had to travel out of the country on Wednessday and won't be back till next 2 weeks Friday.

However, it was discovered that our maid was pregnant on Tuesday and mumsy called the person that brought us the maid. She promised coming to pick her up for now but she is yet to come. The problem I am having now is that she is seriously vomitting and my younger ones are going back to school on Monday and I am never at home because I don't come back most times till around 10pm.

My youngest sister said she begged her for money yesterday which she gave her and she used the money to buy a small bottle of chelsea. Now I don't know what to do since she claimed it was my neighbour's nephew that impregnated her. Funny enough, the guy is a tailor and it's been a long time I last saw him. Sincerely, it was hard to believe when I heard cos she was always asleep whenever I get home and besides, I am so sure there is no means by which she can see the guy cos they have a busy shop in front of their house and the shop doesn't close earlier than 10pm daily as such, how could they have been doing it?

I am of the opinion that she goes there ever morning or probably I take her to the hospital the family uses and keep her on admission till my parents return 'cos my mum couldn't afford to loose her trip since it was her leave period and dad went on business purpose.

Please advice me before I make a wrong decision.

Regards,
Adewale.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by cybersleek(m): 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2007
Send her to your neighbours house, simple!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by janami(f): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2007
abi o. dump her and her ghana must go there.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Dexlomo: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2007
Thanks for the responses so far. But the issue is getting more complicated. Mum just called and I explained the situation of things to her. she said she is going to call the family doctor to come put her in the custody of his hospital.

Thank God I am free from unnecessary worries cos I am still trying to imagine why the silly thirty something year old bros will do that to a girl below 18.

Guys, please lets be more mindful before we do it.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by linapeace(f): 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2007
@poster

do you know the person that brought her to you guys? if yes ask her to take you there, cos no one can take care of her alone, and talk to her to stop taking alcohol cos is dangerous to the unborn baby, or do sge want to have a disabled child, pls make her understand some certain things she has to avoid now that she is pregnant.

if you are a matured guy or babe, why not go and talk to your neigbour nephew in as much as you know them very well,

or better still

i will advice you take her to your private hospital or whatever ,so she can stay there till your mum is back

God bless
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Dexlomo: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2007
Hello all,

Things had taken a worse turn around.

The woman who brought her to us came yesterday and said the girl's people said they don't take back their children with pregnancy. I wonder what is wrong with these Benionese as though we forced their daughter into it. She dey sneak go out for night go chop sweet things, she foregt say sweet things dey kill.

Please advise as the lady that brought her is suggesting abortion which i am very sure my parents won't support.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by jgirl3: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2007
Abortion ke? Let your mum talk to the woman that brought her. They brought her there and they are responsible for her behavior cos charity begins at home. If she wasn't controlled in her house and came to your own to turn wild. If not, let the girl show you the person that planted the pregnancy then carry her kaya and stay in the baby daddy's house.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by yimiton(f): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2007
No way to abortion!
Imagine what the story will become if she dies in the process or how guilty you'll feel all your life if she looses her womb.
I'm glad your parents are wonderful and responsible people. Not all parents will think that way.

You also sound like you're all very responsible, I'm glad she didn't say it was your brothers! That's where you would have had problems.

Right now, I don't see any issues here, look for this guy that impregnanted her and give the girl to him. Since your parents are kind enough to let the family hospital keep her, she can have the baby and the tailor foots the bills.
What ever the mother or father of the baby decides to do with it eventually, it's their problem.
As for the person that brought her, if she wants to kill the baby in the womb, it's her headache, you don't have to bear the guilt.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Dexlomo: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2007
Things have gone worse cos the girls people said they don't take their children with pregnancy and yet they don't want her to have the baby. My parents will be back on Sunday and daddy said he won't mind sueing them. But I am quite scared because of the picture this might have on the family image.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by feelgood(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2007
Be cool ol chap and quit worrying. Your parents know what to do - so wait for them to handle the same- it is their problem. Meanwhile, go read ur books, take care of ur younger uns & treat the maid nicely (dont throw her things out - you didnt employ her). Fret not, ur parents will soon come back

1 Like

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by naijacutee(f): 10:32am On Nov 24, 2007
What is "Chelsea"?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Oracle(m): 10:44am On Nov 24, 2007
Well, since your parents know about it, i think they'll do something about it, but before they come. maybe you should meet the father of her baby first and probably tell him his wife's condition.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2007
naijacutee:

What is "Chelsea"?

Was going to ask the same. I imagine some sort of drink / medicine?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Frankies(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2007
naijacutee:

What is "Chelsea"?

I suppose they are talking about chelsea dry gin. *wondering what that will do for her*

@ Poster

As per as your topic, If I see someone with that kind of plight, My advice will be as follows

Since the guy has admitted that he is responsible, it will make things simpler.

And your parents will object to an abortion,I think it is better to keep her between your family and the guy.Eventually after delivery,she can decide to give the child up for adoption but that would not be your concern because she will be leaving the house after the delivery.

So the fate of the baby ,apart from terminating his life, will be an entire responsiblity of the parties involved
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by mellow(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2007
naijacutee:

What is "Chelsea"?

Chealsea Football club of Nigeria. Sorry London r is it UK? Whatever.

Chealsea dry gin. It is the oyibo equivalent of monkey tail, Okro, kai-Kai, and so on and

so fifth. Got the gist?
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by dankmen208(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2007
Was going to ask the same. I imagine some sort of drink / medicine?
[quote][/quote] NO na Ago,Send tHe girl Back 2 Her PPl simPle!!! abi i ssay wetin?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Cotton(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2007
Frankies

I don't think the guy has admitted to the deed, he is at large.

Poster
Since your folks are aware, the burden is off your shoulders. Don't fret. (unless ur the one who, ) shocked
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2007
Some of these maids sef, are very annoying angry. they would come and cause problem for families that want to help them. same thing happened to us. but in our own case, the guy accepted the girl and they are married.

I think the guy should be made to accept his actions. your parents should put their foot down and make sure he accepts his actions. also the parents of the girl should also be put in their seat, what do they mean by that. they should have taught their daughter better. now they want to blame someone else.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by Seun(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2007
That's not the kind of environment the child needs. The maid should give the child up for adoption by a rich family.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by faketan(m): 11:59am On Nov 24, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

Some of these maids sef, are very annoying angry. they would come and cause problem for families that want to help them. same thing happened to us. but in our own case, the guy accepted the girl and they are married.

I think the guy should be made to accept his actions. your parents should put their foot down and make sure he accepts his actions. also the parents of the girl should also be put in their seat, what do they mean by that. they should have taught their daughter better. now they want to blame someone else.

Very funny. how many maids are helped? Look at the derogatory way someone refered to maids, take her and her ghana must go meaning that all they can have is ghana must go.

Any body who is priviledged should know that everybody is human no matter what role they play. If 90% of youngsters cannot control there sexual feelings, then she shld not crucified. [sub]forgot her crime is that she is a maid[/sub]She is pregnant not hailing her though but how many of the ppl here have never got pregnant or procured an abortion? The problem here is cos she is a maid. Too bad she under 18. But have done worse.

If you like attack mee. . . vava vooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by buttress(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2007
this whole gist has got me thinking you know. have been asking myself if we really have structures in place to support adolecent parents in the country to go on with their lifes regardless of what has happened to them. shit happens you know. if we dont do something for the teen mum believe me the child we grow up to fight the community. i just think they deserve support to move on with their lives, i feel for teen parents.
som guys no dey try sha!
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by lonelypal(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2007
Any body who is priviledged should know that everybody is human no matter what role they play. If 90% of youngsters cannot control there sexual feelings, then she shld not crucified. forgot her crime is that she is a maidShe is pregnant not hailing her though but how many of the people here have never got pregnant or procured an abortion? The problem here is because she is a maid. Too bad she under 18. But have done worse.

U got it right bro,
Everyone seems to be blaming the poor girl,but little did they know about what actually transpired between the duo-oga tailor and the girl, who knows the girl could be a victim of rape and decides to keep mute cos of the shame and stigmatisation she may face. I believe there is something fishing out and to resolve this, the poster should get in touch with the tailor as soon as possible and make him accept his responsibility
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2007
You and your family needs to be whipped for calling somebody a "maid",and i am quite sure she is not being paid for her work. You greedy ones think that giving somebody food and shelter is enough, wicked people.

She is a domestic worker and not a slave(maid) and must be paid, get that message to your parents when they come back from their whatever trip. This is the time to show her love and understanding and not sending her packing because she is your so called "MAID", ingrates!!! the time she was washing all your clothes nobody contemplated sending her home, the time she did the cooking nobody wanted her out and now that she is in difficulties people are suggesting throwing her away like if she is a rag, woe betide all that thought in that direction and they may never see good things in life unless they change
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by romeo(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2007
Dexlomo:

Can someone please help me.

It all started with my neighbour back then in Secondary school. He lured me into having sex with me and since then whenever I see a male, my privates rises especially if I can view the privates form the trouser. I want to believe I am not a full gay because I like girls and besides, I do not like the gay sex. However, my major problem is that I have a small privates about 6" when on. There is a girl I am dying for and yet I can't open up to tell her because I feel insecured about my penile size and that is what is making me remain in this funny gay mood.

Please how can I quit being gay?

Please, I need good responses and not curses.

Dexlomo:

hi all,
mine was far more than dirty. i met this gay guy in a bus i boarded form IB to LAg on 2nd Feb, 2002 and we were both seated at the last seat. from berger to Ojota i sucked him because we were the only two on the last seat then. sucking a total stranger.

Dexlomo:

hi,
mine was quite nasty because i'm a gay. it was just this last week sunday. i wnt to Kuramo beach after service and i met this guy Ibrahim. we got talking and i told him i was Hot. he charged me and we went to a place called white sand on VI around Water Corporation and there he gave me two nice hot rounds of sex. i really loved it.

Your so called "maid" is a million times better than you ashawo boy
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by samm(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
Sick, Sick, Sick!!!!!!!!!!! My daddy this, My mummy this. I can't believe what I am reading here. People have no regards for others. All ye Saints.

@Romeo
That's the truth. Maybe they should just kill the "Maid". Poster is a sicko!

1 Like

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
faketan:

Very funny. how many maids are helped? Look at the derogatory way someone refered to maids, take her and her ghana must go meaning that all they can have is ghana must go.

Any body who is priviledged should know that everybody is human no matter what role they play. If 90% of youngsters cannot control there sexual feelings, then she shld not crucified. [sub]forgot her crime is that she is a maid[/sub]She is pregnant not hailing her though but how many of the people here have never got pregnant or procured an abortion? The problem here is because she is a maid. Too bad she under 18. But have done worse.

If you like attack mee. . . vava vooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

I would be stupid to even attack you, cus you aint worth it. i said that from my own perspective, we had a maid and my parents sent her to school, paid her and fed her, while she stayed with us, but she was sneaking from school to go visit a guy. when she got pregnant, we made sure the guy owned up to his actions. and they are married today. so if you want to judge go find someone else, cus i ain't got your time.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by somze(f): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2007
As much as I try to ignore the poster's background (which as Romeo pointed out is worse than the maid's) i get to understand how maids (domestic workers) are segregated in our society. It's indeed sad and most of us are culprits.

Your maid is not different from other youngsters that get pregnant or have sex. It's no longer such a big deal as it used to be. A lot of people have contributed positively and nicely. Proper care should be provided for her. She needs all the love, care and patience during the period. Your parents can influence hers and cause them to show support. Also the father of the baby should take responsibilities. When the child is born they can take the right decision, but this is what should be done now.
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by DisGuy: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2007
child labour lipsrsealed I thought they banned this in Nigeria?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by ODIX(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
MY EXPERIENCE WAS EVEN WORSE.WE USED TO  HAVE A MAID SOME TIME A AGO, I JUST FINISHED MY DEGREE PROGRAM WAITING TO BE MOBILISED FOR NYSC.I WAS MOSTLY AT HOME ALONE WITH HER. WHAT MADE IT HARD WAS THAT SHE WAS VERY ATTRACTIVE SHE WOULD COME TO MY ROOM MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AT SLITEST OPPORTUNITIES. BEFORE I KNEW IT. WE WERE SLEEPING TOGETHER. THIS EXPERIENCE ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE.  NOTHING YOU DO WILL SATISFY HER,SHE SIMPLY INCREDIBLE.
       LOOKING BACK NOW I GUES I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE SURVIVE THAT EXPERIENCE .I WOULD NOT ADVICE EVEN MY WORSET ENEMY TO GO THROUGH WHAT I EXPERIENCED I EXCAPED WITH BY WISKER
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by somze(f): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2007
ODIX:

MY EXPERIENCE WAS EVEN WORSE.WE USED TO HAVE A MAID SOME TIME A AGO, I JUST FINISHED MY DEGREE PROGRAM WAITING TO BE MOBILISED FOR NYSC.I WAS MOSTLY AT HOME ALONE WITH HER. WHAT MADE IT HARD WAS THAT SHE WAS VERY ATTRACTIVE SHE WOULD COME TO MY ROOM MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AT SLITEST OPPORTUNITIES. BEFORE I KNEW IT. WE WERE SLEEPING TOGETHER. THIS EXPERIENCE ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE. NOTHING YOU DO WILL SATISFY HER,SHE SIMPLY INCREDIBLE.
LOOKING BACK NOW I GUES I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE SURVIVE THAT EXPERIENCE .I WOULD NOT ADVICE EVEN MY WORSET ENEMY TO GO THROUGH WHAT I EXPERIENCED I EXCAPED WITH BY WISKER
What sense have you now made?

What kind of people do we even breed in this country?
Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by rowlandwhy: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ROMEO,
I wonder why u guys like to peep into someone's past life.
The poster here is asking a question on critical issue on ground and needs us to advice him and u are here saying all sort of words to hurt him more,
i think this is not the time to claim holiness or sanity, he needs our advice,
by the way, he (the poster) has never condemned the girl in any way or called her a slut.
Moreover, everybody has his own life to live, pending when difficulties comes up .

3 Likes

Re: Our Maid Is Pregnant For Our Neighbour And It's Becoming A Nuisance. by ODIX(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2007
WELL I AGREE WHAT I DID WAS WRONG. LOOKING BACK NOW I REGRET EVERY MY ACTIONS.
I HAVE NO EXCUSE I HOPE GOD FORGIVE'S ME

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should A Married Woman Be A Bridesmaid? / A Surrogate Mother Needed / Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.