Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Building designs and advice for your projects - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building designs and advice for your projects (39217 Views)

10 Great Building Designs That Can Fit Into A 50'x50' Plot Of Land. / 3D Building Designs By Our Own Abdulwastecx! / Contemporary Nigeria Building Designs By Hafux Consuls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2013
Building consists of:
2 lounges
Dining
4 bedrooms (ensuite)
Kitchen/laundry/Store
Study/Home office
Ante room (with guest rest room)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2013
Six number three bedroom apartments.One number two bedroom penthouse.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2013

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2013
Each three bedroom apartment has a living room dining room,guest WC,kitchen with all room ensuite.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2013
The pent house consists of two rooms ensuite,living room,dining room,kitchen and guest WC
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 12:41am On Dec 29, 2013
Compliments of the season to all Nairalanders.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 3:33am On Dec 29, 2013
Behind bobo: Compliments of the season to all Nairalanders.

Tush_Bobo, what happened, we haven't seen you posted anything in a long time..

Can you post a 4 Units of three bedrooms all en-suite, 2 units ground floor and 2 units upper floor.
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yea... wasn't active on NL for a while. You know that happens at times. Below is a design which suits your request... The exterior view is not available at the moment.
Regards.

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Behind bobo: Yea... wasn't active on NL for a while. You know that happens at times. Below is a design which suits your request... The exterior view is not available at the moment.
Regards.

Thank you. It's very nice.. May be you can post the 3D of exterior when you have it..
That should fit comfortably on one Plot (60x120ft) with some space left for car parks, right?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you. It's very nice.. May be you can post the 3D of exterior when you have it..
That should fit comfortably on one Plot (60x120ft) with some space left for car parks, right?

Hajji Mufutau

Good floorplan. I would question the location of the kitchen door as I feel it is better that it opens into the living room instead of the hallway/corridor. Also the WC for the 3rd bedroom could it be worked on the other-end.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 12:18am On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby:
Good floorplan. I would question the location of the kitchen door as I feel it is better that it opens into the living room instead of the hallway/corridor. Also the WC for the 3rd bedroom could it be worked on the other-end.

Thank you my sister.. Yes, I was looking at that too.. The kitchen door should be to the Livingroom instead of the corridor..
The WC on the end Bedroom2 is also very small.. Thanks, if this will be used, then those adjustments will need to be made.
The WC Bedroom3, you mean it should be located to the front? What do you mean worked on the other end?.

@tuss_Bobo, can you do the redesign beased on the above observations.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 12:30am On Jan 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you my sister.. Yes, I was looking at that too.. The kitchen door should be to the Livingroom instead of the corridor..
The WC on the end Bedroom2 is also very small.. Thanks, if this will be used, then those adjustments will need to be made.
The WC Bedroom3, you mean it should be located to the front? What do you mean worked on the other end?.

@tuss_Bobo, can you do the redisgn beased on the above observations.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

I thought all the other WC's were on that side but with bedroom 2 being where it is its not necessary.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 12:32am On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby:

I thought all the other WC's were on that side but with bedroom 2 being where it is its not necessary.

Thanks. But the kitchen door will still need to be relocated.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 12:44am On Jan 02, 2014
mufutau55:

Thanks. But the kitchen door will still need to be relocated.

Hajji Mufutau

While he is adjusting the kitchen door, it might be a good idea to also locate bedroom 2 door in the middle(the door by the toilet) as it gives you more options if you decide to have a wardrobe in the room. This might be just me but I usually dont like to site the wardrobe where if someone is at the door, they can see into the wardrobe if its open.

Also you need to think about what type of toilet you intend to have and the layout (where equipment will be located) as it will determine where you site the doors. I have found that it works better for toilet doors to be in the middle.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 2:25am On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby:

While he is adjusting the kitchen door, it might be a good idea to also locate bedroom 2 door in the middle(the door by the toilet) as it gives you more options if you decide to have a wardrobe in the room. This might be just me but I usually dont like to site the wardrobe where if someone is at the door, they can see into the wardrobe if its open.

Also you need to think about what type of toilet you intend to have and the layout (where equipment will be located) as it will determine where you site the doors. I have found that it works better for toilet doors to be in the middle.

Very nice ideas for both options.. I will take note of them.. Very good suggestions.. Your experience is well utilized. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Behind bobo,

I am looking to have 8 mini flat each occupying a 32ft by 13ft space and my initial idea is attached. Could I have your suggestions on a different layout.

Alternatively it is over a 40ft by 120ft plot so do you have an alternative layout you would suggest.

Also

For the IT savvy what type of file do I need to save it as such that it opens without having to open an attachment first.

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby: Behind bobo,

I am looking to have 8 mini flat each occupying a 32ft by 13ft space and my initial idea is attached. Could I have your suggestions on a different layout. Alternatively it is over a 40ft by 120ft plot so do you have an alternative layout you would suggest.

Also

For the IT savvy what type of file do I need to save it as such that it opens without having to open an attachment first.

My sister Gabby.. I don't see any escape door in those design oh!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
mufutau55:

My sister Gabby.. I don't see any escape door in those design oh!

Hajji Mufutau

Na mini flat so na one entrance and maybe escape window if we dey lucky. Na God dey protect us from the metal security on windows in 9ja oh. grin grin
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby:

Na mini flat so na one entrance and maybe escape window if we dey lucky. Na God dey protect us from the metal security on windows in 9ja oh. grin grin

I have similar Mini flat (2 units) as my Boys Quarter and I managed an exit door into it.. If you shoot me email, you may find it useful or helpful.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
mufutau55:

I have similar Mini flat (2 units) as my Boys Quarter and I managed an exit door into it.. If you shoot me email, you may find it useful or helpful.

Hajji Mufutau

alayandeproperties@yahoo.com. Thanks appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 1:35am On Jan 03, 2014
gabbytabby:

alayandeproperties@yahoo.com. Thanks appreciated.

Signed, sealed and delivered, sister.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
mufutau55:

Signed, sealed and delivered, sister.

Hajji Mufutau

Thanks bro it adds to the thinking fountain and you call that boys quaters, Na starter bigman quarters oh.

I am strickly doing for rental and based on the location that the land is at and likely maximum rent, if we add just 3ft round your BQ I will make it 2 bed.

I like the general layout. You always have to think of the 9ja angle such that you limit visitor access to your private space (and make where they need to use visible) as far as possible such that, the toilet location is iffy.

I do work in the real estate sector (we mainly build for rental) but when I have requested help with design from colleagues, I have found that I need to bring in the 9ja element into it. For me. the kitchen is too large especially for how a kitchen is viewed and used in 9ja. Nobody wants to be in the fire house for too long. A door by the kitchen to the outside(makes for a cooler kitchen) would do away with the need for the corridor and also make the living room area larger and fetch better rent.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
gabbytabby:

Thanks bro it adds to the thinking fountain and you call that boys quaters, Na starter bigman quarters oh.

I am strickly doing for rental and based on the location that the land is at and likely maximum rent, if we add just 3ft round your BQ I will make it 2 bed.

I like the general layout. You always have to think of the 9ja angle such that you limit visitor access to your private space (and make where they need to use visible) as far as possible such that, the toilet location is iffy.

I do work in the real estate sector (we mainly build for rental) but when I have requested help with design from colleagues, I have found that I need to bring in the 9ja element into it. For me. the kitchen is too large especially for how a kitchen is viewed and used in 9ja. Nobody wants to be in the fire house for too long. A door by the kitchen to the outside(makes for a cooler kitchen) would do away with the need for the corridor and also make the living room area larger and fetch better rent.

Thank you very much for the observations and suggestions.. you really know your stuff.. I will surely take a not of those suggested ideas for my next project. Sharing of ideas is what I like about this forums..

If you can please modify that sketch for me the way you see if fit, scan it and resend it to me for future use, I will surely appreciate it.

Yeah! Spyder told me to rename it from Boy's Quarter to Men's Quarter.. smiley
Thanks again.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Good suggestions all... the kitchen could be accessed from the corridor or dining(both have their pros and cons). If accessed from the corridor,there will be a wall opening on the kitchen/dining wall for food transfer.Access from the dining is better in most cases.

Exit doors are in the kitchen but in this case it works only for the ground floor as the upper floor has no stairs(this is not standard for 2 storey buildings)

Hajji Mufutau are you currently working on a project of this nature?
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by mufutau55(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
Behind bobo: Good suggestions all... the kitchen could be accessed from the corridor or dining(both have their pros and cons). If accessed from the corridor,there will be a wall opening on the kitchen/dining wall for food transfer.Access from the dining is better in most cases.

Exit doors are in the kitchen but in this case it works only for the ground floor as the upper floor has no stairs(this is not standard for 2 storey buildings)

Hajji Mufutau are you currently working on a project of this nature?

Yes. I am currently working on that kind of project.. although it's a "Boy's/Men's Quarter" it has been built but just last fixing inside, it can no longer be modified.. If you want me to send you the plan I sent to GabbyTabby for modifications in case of future use, I can do the same.
Let me know your email address and I will. I will also appreciate the modifications.. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
gabbytabby: Behind bobo,
I am looking to have 8 mini flat each occupying a 32ft by 13ft space and my initial idea is attached. Could I have your suggestions on a different layout.
Alternatively it is over a 40ft by 120ft plot so do you have an alternative layout you would suggest.
Also

I could only open the first attachment.You can always attach as jpeg- use the snip tool to capture the screen then save it in jpeg format.
I will post shortly an idea of what will work.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
@gabbytabby, the plot can contain three mini flats per floor... this translates to 6 flats for two floors. The second option which has 4 flats per floor would not work due to absence of parking,ventilation and upper floor access issues.

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Behind bobo: @gabbytabby, the plot can contain three mini flats per floor... this translates to 6 flats for two floors. The second option which has 4 flats per floor would not work due to absence of parking,ventilation and upper floor access issues.

I strictly want it on one floor and just need 6ft around it all round for ventilation and having my version looks like I can just about get 8 on it.
I am not too bothered about parking space its not designed to have one. Is there anything wrong with having 8 of my version?

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
That means you want to have them vertically arranged...There will be ventilation problems and the toilet will be locked within and plumbing will be an issue,this is at first glance...will take a look and revert
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Behind bobo: That means you want to have them vertically arranged...There will be ventilation problems and the toilet will be locked within and plumbing will be an issue,this is at first glance...will take a look and revert

Cant we design the fencing type to better aid the ventilation (railings at the top). If its conduit plumbing through the foundation would that not solve the plumbing problems. The toilet will still have a 2ft by 2ft block tube window outlet.

I had the option to push the toilet back by the wall but then the front will be dead space while this way, visitor will have access to it and there is a 2ft by 2ft window tube from the toilet to the window and you still will be able to have a wardrobe below this tube.
Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by tushbobo(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
I believe the attached is an idea of the configuration you are looking at. With this the best you can achieve is 7 apartments- i know u want to maximise the plot but 8 apartments result in over 65% coverage which is unacceptable. Also, it is standard to have 6 meters clear to the building's facade from the property line.

Re: Building designs and advice for your projects by gabbytabby: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
The above is exactly what I am talking about. Only that it needs to have a veranda in the front.

Its 2 plot so if I were to use 120ft by 45ft instead would that make a difference and they are then able to have parking. Also could we do a slight modification and make each flat 32ft by 12.5ft instead. That gives us additional 4ft one way and 5ft the other to play with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.