Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (50889 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by studM(m): 1:05pm On May 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Waste of Money that was ill gotten.

Ogun state is s'hit!!

Oyedepo is a thief.

Property value would not be up to that in the long run.

Buying one = Wrong investment.

Forgot to add the estate would be highly regulated. . . You cant wear trousers, must attend winners on Sunday, no coming back after 9pm, you must own a bible, and kneel and kiss Oyedepos arse to own one.

U must b a bastard and a he-goat for making such a comment,u will die in ur foolishness if u dnt repent!big FOOL
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by studM(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Subterfuge. . .The man is a thief !

U must b d greatest fool of all tym,u will perish in ur foolishness if u don't repent,nama
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by sigba(f): 1:11pm On May 01, 2012
You guys should stop hating and analysing. Mind your businesses pls.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by doctokwus: 1:26pm On May 01, 2012
babaowo: ... Thank God this is from outsider!
Outsiders passed dis stage of religious scam yrs ago.U shd only thank God when 'insiders'(nigerians) see dis scam too.Just doing an estimated arithmetic:assuming 50,000 worshippers with just 4 services per week giv an average of N1k=N200m,by a month=N800m,a year N9b.So this man has nothing less dan N9-N10b free money to invest in a year,whc is only a conservative estimate.Why won't he do whatever he likes.I don't begrudge d man his ability to convince some pple to part wt their money,but he just shd call it a 'church offering company' or sth like dat,not God's work.
D same model was used by former World Wrestling Federation(WWF),now WWEntertainment(WWE);d outcomes of matches are pre determined,d shows well rehearsed,d only real thing has bn d physical combats itself.Winners is also similar to WWE,d only real part is d collection of tithes& offerings!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 01, 2012
OLEDEPO and his WINNERS gang....

ONE MAN on top filled with the Holy Ghost and commanding...
LOTS OF PEOPLE below (poor, rich but alike in mental deficiency) giving and giving...

ONE MAN on top receiving and receiving and investing
LOTS OF PEOPLE below paying for the services that their tithes provide...

ONE MAN on top enjoying the physical blessings of his mugus...
LOTS OF PEOPLE below hoping and praying and waiting for their spiritual blessings...

LOTS OF PEOPLE below SPIRIT-LED yet BRAIN-DEAD

LOTS OF PEOPLE that are unwilling to use their own brain to reason beyond the walls of CANAANLAND...

SAY THE TRUTH-- and they call you HATER, POOR, POVERTY MENTALITY...

YET THEIR SAVIOUR 'JESUS' was given BREAD AND FISH.. he didn't keep it then open a BAKERY, he blessed it and gave BACK TO THEM IN ABUNDANCE (but alas, he was poor that we might become rich)

A MAN, SAYS 'GOD TOLD ME', he's a pastor so GOD MUST have told him
A YOUNG GIRL, says she's a witch for Christ, she's possesed, demon-owned..

MAY THE JESUS WHOM YOU FOOLS BELIEVE IN, open the eyes, if there are any, of your understanding...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 01, 2012
Some fools are busy wasting their time calling dis man names while he is busy making more $$££¥€. Make una get buzy and let God be the judge. How many of our politicians that has stolen all our money ever dreamt of such vision this man had. Rather they are busy buying mansions outside but this man is investing here making our country to look more presentable. Ride on Pst Onyedepo is God only knows who is right or wrong
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by stede(m): 2:37pm On May 01, 2012
We thru a lot of comments.

But we need people who can rise to solve problem facing the nation..

I think housing problems, power, health, good roads,education & unemployment r d problems of an average (common) man

Will so much appreciate the clergy if he can INVEST IN THE POWER SECTOR..
Since the FGN is not ready to solve our problem.

WE NEED A REFORM IN OUR POWER SECTOR URGENTLY....

Day 2 of University of Ibadan protest against PHCN......

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by mrperfect(m): 4:32pm On May 01, 2012
Thank God for his life.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by SisiKill1: 5:13pm On May 01, 2012
stagger:

Chairman, there are levels in life.

Peter Odili and his wife once lived in a one bedroom apartment when they started life.

GEJ had no shoes at a point in his life.

A man who earns N50,000 should not aspire to buy a house in Canaan City because it is not for him. He should rather aspire to work hard so he can make the kind of money that will enable him to live there or anywhere else later in life.

So stop talking about the poor. Every shoe has its size.

There is no doubt in my mind that WHEN the time comes, you will be the leader of the Koolaid Mixers. . .Just happily mixing away!! cheesy cheesy

And so to help you perfect your mixing skills, I present you a tutorial . . .HERE

Godspeed! Bro. . .Godspeed!! smiley smiley
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On May 01, 2012
Just replace Jonestown with Ota

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWr45bKWpE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Listen to the Last Recording of Jim Jones as he urges his Sheeples to drink poisoned Koolaid. . .918 people died that day. They all drank the poison, feed it to their children because they believed “Daddy” (that’s what they called him too) could do no wrong and would never steer them wrong.

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FCYg4v9lBE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Can't you just hear him now. . .decreeing them to drink up!! cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by rhymz(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

There is no doubt in my mind that WHEN the time comes, you will be the leader of the Koolaid Mixers. . .Just happily mixing away!! cheesy cheesy

And so to help you perfect your mixing skills, I present you a tutorial . . .HERE

Godspeed! Bro. . .Godspeed!! smiley smiley
OMG!! This is hilarious....reminds of the cynaid koolaid mix ture our dear Jim Jones administered to his zombies and got all of the idiots to comit mass suicide....lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2012
2sexy:

May God SAVE your soul... the Bible says... judge not.

May I ask you what are your plans to get to where Bishop is right now,leave religion aside? Let's see this man as an someone not holding the position he is holding right now.

How many of you here has a plan to acquire as much as this man has in his life time. I bet less than 1%. Yet you hate to see a fellow man succeed.

A lot of you here, as far as the Nigerians I know, will gladly accept 1Million Naira if Bishop Oyedepo should give you, yet you curse, insult and say what ever you like...

You better start planning your own future and leave the business of fooling around. When he was making all this plans, where you there?

People willingly give this man money because of what they believe in... Many people do not pay their tithes but I will tell you this as a man who didn't grow up in a christian home that tithing works... I have benefited from it. It take faith to get anything to work...

Keep cursing and see Oyedepo ACQUIRE more... This is just the beginning.

Halleluyah. . .

Just incase I didnt pass the message clearly the first time. . . OYEDEPO is a criminal and one of the major problems with Nigeria.
All he has done in the name of christianity is all for self-enrichment and not to the benefit of the average Nigerian.
This building project is for the rich and not the poor.
A large percentage of his followers who contribute to his pot will NEVER be able to afford those houses.
I do not need Oyedepo to be rich. I do not need God to be rich. I am a gainfully employed Nigerian who works for his money and earns an honest living without defrauding anyone.
All Oyedepo does is sell false hope to people, collect their monies and reinvests them to make more for himself.
Examples are his University that costs over a quarter of a million in tuition fees alone, his books are not free either, neither are his CDs and other religious paraphenelia.
I didnt curse him, I only called a spade for what it is.

If it operates like a thief, schemes like a thief, then it is definitely a thief.

I only pity the likes of yo who still think that there is a God out there looking out for you. . . You stand a better chance of making it through Ogwu Ego (otokoto) than you do through bribing God in the name of tithing and all worth not.

Save yourself.
sigba:
Never knew you were this foolish. I pity you.

I pity you.

You despise wisdom and are blinded in your foolishness. I wish you well and hope you dont get to realize too late what a fool you have been all your life.

God dosent give a fhuck about you or anyone here on earth, go ask those whose died inside the house of God up North from the bombs and bullets of Islamic militants.

WHy do you think Oyedepo has heavily armed Mobile Police men and other security in his entourage?! I wouldnt be surprised if he wore a Kevlar bullet proof vest under that his agbada sef.

I laugh at your ignorance. . .

studM:

U must b a bastard and a he-goat for making such a comment,u will die in ur foolishness if u dnt repent!big FOOL

According to the bookof Hosea 4:6 and Isaiah 5:13, My people die for lack of knowledge.

You are a walking dead. You lack knowledge and are too stubborn or r'etarded to see otherwise.
We will all die for certain, even my favorite preacher the late Mrs. Bimbo Odukoya died in a plane crash.
You on the other hand is worse off because your living is useless and of no benefit to nobody including you.

If you took a rope and hung yourself right now, I doubt the mother who wasted 9 months (with which she could have been doing more productive things like playing table tennis) carry you in her womb would even shed a tear.

Fhuck off before I send a real God (Okija) to smite your accursed person with leprosy.

Bigger M'oron.

P.S; I love my fans. . . grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by michaelala(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2012
Personally, i believe that the primary duty of the man of God should be aggressive soul winning and prayers, but i dont know the kind of calling the Bishop got, i cant fight for God, i cant condemn †ЂΞ Bishop because of anointing. If he has not been called by God to go into private investment, then let it be a case btwn him and God. What i read I̅n the bible concerning disciples of christ (which we as Christians should be) is that 'they sold everything they had and gave to the needy according to their needs, they were in one accord in breaking of bread, they meet in their temple courts daily etc
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by GboyegaD(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2012
I never wanted to comment on this thread but I cannot but help to say if this is how we reason in Nigeria, we may never move forward.
The major question I have always asked is who owns the businesses and no one ever has the answer. If we use proceeds from the church to start up various business which overtime has grown and are now bringing in much profit, where did the initial capital come from? We have been so used to worshipping men than God and that is why we are often times religious than being true worshippers.
For those who keep worshipping him, I know at the end of time, God will open your eyes to see the reality.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Beautymc(f): 8:27pm On May 01, 2012
Haters of Bishop Oyedepo, live d man alone. It is very obsvious that all d pple accusing him are from a very poor background b'cos a rich men children doesn't care about another man's wealth b'cos their father made such provision for them and u can't see them on nairaland insulting someone's parent. Pls it is not Oyedepo's fault, rather it is ur parents fault. Ask ur father where he was when others were making it in life. what have u guys achieved in life? Live dis man alone and face ur future and it's funny that the more u guys insult him is the more he moves forward. Better ask ur lazy father some questions of his life before u insult someone's father.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by bokohalal(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Just replace Jonestown with Ota

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWr45bKWpE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Listen to the Last Recording of Jim Jones as he urges his Sheeples to drink poisoned Koolaid. . .918 people died that day. They all drank the poison, feed it to their children because they believed “Daddy” (that’s what they called him too) could do no wrong and would never steer them wrong.

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FCYg4v9lBE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

Can't you just hear him now. . .decreeing them to drink up!! cheesy

You took that awy from me. Nice one.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by shinystar(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2012
Well, King Solomon was richer. Yet he said all is vanity. Vanity upon vanity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by dont8(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2012
portage: At least, this man or his Church is re-investing in the Land. After all, the politicians are taking all the money out of the country. Here is a Church or man giving back. Good job.
The likes of David Mark, Babangida, Bankole, Abacha, Obasanjo, Oyinlola, Alao-Akala, Ibori, Dariye, Alams, Peter Odili etc etc did not better the world around them with the money stolen now Even our Banks are not helping the masses!! Instead of them to build low cost housing....the likes of Erastus Akingbola, Cecilia Ibru would rather stomach the money and buy houses in Maryland US!
And to all those saying the world will perish....YES, it will one day grin. But why not enjoy your God given life in comfort? why do you have to suffer and live in penury all your life ? Why are we always negative in Nigeria?
''Instead of them to build low cost housing''. That's the point! It would have been a laudable project if he had made it a 'low-costing' one that would be affordable to his teeming congregations. Question is, what's the take home of the average members? Does the take home, takes them home? Talkless of owning a home in 6-digits.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by stunna2(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2012
if one spends enough time here on Nairaland, one can figure out how nigeria is the way it is now, how it got there...why it will remain there for a while yet and the way forward...if any at all!!

a Governor was reported to have said that the sycophants in the corridors of power makes it impossible to be upright and do good by the nation and for s second, i felt he had a point; and some of the people here tryna silence critics of church thieves who milk the poor to start viable businesses but then Incorporate the businesses in their personal names and reap the profits alone in an arrogant and shameless and godless manner - proves him right!

when you have the approval of so many believers and worshipers of your cult of personality...who needs to wait on God for approval on judgement day?

Jesus ask a deciple to put their sword back when they try to defend him but these pastors pay for military police armed to the teeth to protect them...and the people defending them here have such a weak mind that they can not make the connections or lack of connections on the issue of the thieves being followers of jesus for themselves!!?

the problem with nigeria is the way nigerians think...their minds - not the pastors or the politicians who together make up the 'thief class'!

as long as the pastor class of thieves remain to bless the corrupt works of the politicians...and the followers (population) keep following, then the situation is hopeless!

proposed solution: re-education!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 01, 2012
@stagger... Mr man...Value the land in Ogun state and that of Lekki, they can't be compared, you can get a land at most 2million, build at high class for 10million, now tell me what will i pay such for? And if you say 90 percent can afford this, i think you need to do your research well, every sunday morning, when i go to work, i see about 2/3 of the population in my vicinty waiting for the bus to come pick them up, and then saw someone i knew who was squatting in a one-room apartment, which salary will give you a million naira monthly young man...so you tell me 90 percent of those in this church are ceo's, or can i say 419ers? now that you are so much of a brainee, then i think you should re-check your skull and think hard of what you have just said.

@studM...Why would you say such, your view is your view, some others view is his/her view, now that you have repented, do you go about cursing every other person..I wonder how you think anyway. calling people fools, because they gave their views...na wa oo.

@GboyegaD....For some reason, i am glad some people think.

@dont8...Help me ask them oo..must it be 6 digit?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 12:41am On May 02, 2012
[size=17pt]Why cant OLE-depo give the houses for FREE?. Is it too much to ask? chai What will Jesus do? [/size]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Nobody: 9:08am On May 02, 2012
Did OP say affordable? shocked
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by dare2think: 10:26am On May 02, 2012
Erm, Please permit me to digress a bit!

I thought this 'Man of God' placed a 'Curse' on Boko-haram?

At some point, the deceit will reach its climax and even the most ardent Oyedepo apologist will look into the mirror and realise that the biggest fool on earth is staring back.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by jidowu84: 11:32am On May 02, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

hmmmm! I never thought I would meet an upright Yoruba man in my lifetime!! Can any goodthing come out of Yoruba Land?!! HMMMM!!! I will be watching you!!
@mumu okija, why ar you awkward in thinking? That is how negative minded fools like you said in d bible and d best that has ever happen to human raise came out of nazareth. I dnt blame u. What else do expect from a structureless tribe like urs. Spi*t.:::
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by alpha4474: 12:31pm On May 02, 2012
Okija_juju:

Waste of Money that was ill gotten.

Ogun state is s'hit!!

Oyedepo is a thief.

Property value would not be up to that in the long run.

Buying one = Wrong investment.

Forgot to add the estate would be highly regulated. . . You cant wear trousers, must attend winners on Sunday, no coming back after 9pm, you must own a bible, and kneel and kiss Oyedepos arse to own one.

No Prophet has honour in his country. It is only in Africa that we bring down success.
Where is the law that gives all men the right of innocense until proven guilty. No one
or law as ever accused him of stealing, is this not a great project, but all you see in
it is ill and evil. The prices of houses may not be that much, but no one as forced you
to buy one, that is if you can afford it. Let those who want to live there do so regulated
or not, its their choice.

As Bishop Oyedepo not done any good at all? Why the mud slinging

God help us!
www.ifreelance247.com
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2012
Another over-priced slum in Nigeria.

This time to be built by a leading thief.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Lawalemi(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2012
Where is this city in Ota?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Kanto: 7:26pm On May 02, 2012
Pastor Oyedepo is a 419ner, duping people in the name of God and using the money to enrich himself. Churches are registered as charities because they are supposed to redistribute what they get to help the poor and disadvantaged but these 419 pastors like Oyedepo dupe the masses and use the money to set-up private businesses. The man should be arrested and prosecuted for fraud.

Shameless thief, ole barawo!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Jenwitemi(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2012
Proposed ni o! Na proposed o! There was a time when Ajaokuta steel mill was once proposed. The plan for canaan land has not been implemented yet. Let us wait till then.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by SabrinaNene(f): 7:05am On May 03, 2012
So many Nigerians are highly deluded, so you can't question someone's actions because they have anointing? in my opinion anyone can be a pastor or preacher or whatever they are called, all you need is charisma and the ability to interpret the bible in such a way that it benefits you..i don't blame the pastors though, because the church business is booming there, its like robbery under the cloak of religion...smart move.
People that are supporting Oyedepo should really examine their reasons, are you saying he is right because he is anointed and you don't want to burn in "hell", or because you really believe he should focus on business rather than help the congregation that pretty much put him where he is?
There is nothing wrong with bring business savvy, i just feel like in his position it is definitely suspect because his church is like a personal bank account from which he is funding his activities, and that is HIGHLY unethical. If he really is a man of God isn't his reward meant to be in heaven, why is he so concerned with material things.
BTW I really don't want to see any bible verses being quoted to me, I grew up with religious parents and I've read it, so if your answer isn't based on any substantial logic, then don't talk.

thanks!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures by Sagamite(m): 7:18am On May 03, 2012
SabrinaNene: So many Nigerians are highly deluded, so you can't question someone's actions because they have anointing? in my opinion anyone can be a pastor or preacher or whatever they are called, all you need is charisma and the ability to interpret the bible in such a way that it benefits you..i don't blame the pastors though, because the church business is booming there, its like robbery under the cloak of religion...smart move.
People that are supporting Oyedepo should really examine their reasons, are you saying he is right because he is anointed and you don't want to burn in "hell", or because you really believe he should focus on business rather than help the congregation that pretty much put him where he is?
There is nothing wrong with bring business savvy, i just feel like in his position it is definitely suspect because his church is like a personal bank account from which he is funding his activities, and that is HIGHLY unethical. If he really is a man of God isn't his reward meant to be in heaven, why is he so concerned with material things.
BTW I really don't want to see any bible verses being quoted to me, I grew up with religious parents and I've read it, so if your answer isn't based on any substantial logic, then don't talk.

thanks!

So many Nigerians are cretins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Vouches For Oritsejafor / Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / 8 Characteristics Of A Virtuous Woman...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.