Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum (27755 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by frgy1: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2007
Na waaa !!!!!
but e be like say una don forget mention wia the tin from com gangan
if you REALY REALY love this delicacy we are talking about,
take a trip to that historical town called OYO.u might consider relocating grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by LanreDaMan(m): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2007
I love Amala too with Gbegiri but Leave out the Ewedu
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by dennylove(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2007
truthfully speaking,am an igbo guy but,this amala n gbegiri stuff is becoming everyday tradition to me.check out this spot @ ogunlana drive,surulere,lagos. IYA GANI SPOT.
inshort,my story is like dat song from "STYLPLUS"     title of song "IYA BASIRA".have we heard the song? grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by U1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2007
Ajikawo:

you could check out iya basira's joint or olulwalogbon food canteen @ fagba, them sabi do am well well, ja ra yin, tongue

Iya Basira again! shocked :oCheck yourself.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by cybersleek(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2007
To all the amala lovers in the house, i pray that all those who have never tried this invention from yoruba land should do so soon as you can never be wrong. If you doubt me, ask those who went to Univ of ibadan about amala theater arts, with the oily stew and eja kika, yummy! chei! im missing naija already!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by fuzek: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2007
dennylove:

inshort,my story is like that song from "STYLPLUS" title of song "IYA BASIRA".have we heard the song? grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink

shocked shocked shocked
U neva start tongue ''Iya Basira'' una don enter am wink cheesy grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by igbonla(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2007
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2007
the amala-tourism continues,

KANO
at church road, sabon gari is one amala joint of special note. the place is dirty, but nonetheless, boys come from everywhere in white to have an early go at amala.

kaduna
on your way out of kaduna, on the bypass to abuja, there is one superb amala place that i frequent when i am journeying by or i am in town. the kpomo is the beauty of the place

i am coming
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2007
Jos:there is this yoruba woman at jenta adamu/golf course roundabout,that was the first place i ate amala.omo i no regret am.the woman sure knows what shes doing.
Lagos:akowonjo just beside Legacy high school.that one too dey try.
My aunts prepare it for me Now so i rarely vivist those joints again.
so much for amala Tourism.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2007
I don't like amala, both white and black one, but eba will suit me kiss kiss kiss. can eat eba for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Amala takes so long to prepare unlike eba will take less than 10min
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by fuzek: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

but eba will suit me kiss kiss kiss. can eat eba for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
OMG rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin

1daful thread!!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Kabidoye(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2007
Nice topic. Here's my contribution.
If u r in Kaduna, there is a place in barnawa. along d road towards CBN quaters. by the left. in a mechanic compound. that place is the bomb. When u get to minna niger state, there is a plac in Kpakungu. along the road. the place is inevitable. Also in minna, behind the bosso campus, there is this joint there too. In lagos, on the island, the road opposite ghana high, to ur left, a mech. workshop compound. Also in Ikotun Egbe, they are just too numerous to mention. In Ilorin, in post office area, along the rail trace, I almost bit my tongue. Go guys enjoy urselves with the amala luv.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by kaypinchi(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2007
Nice thread

There's a place at Ilasa, Lagos. The place is called "Babalola" i.e on Babalola street. A woman has been churning out ovals of amala & gbegiri for the past 25 years or thereabout as I was told.
Was priviledged to eat there about 5 years ago and I tell you I've going back there 1ce in a while.
The attraction there to me is the way the meat ( beef, stewed ponmo, shakis, roundabouts etc) & the stew gbegiri, ewedu, ata dindin are made .

Would have gone there right away but 2day is Sunday.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by dablessed(f): 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2007
jkk
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Luti(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
My PEOPLE,

this na the real discussion. I never loved AMALA b4 now until i discovered a place in Mile 2 called (BELGIUM).[size=8pt][/size] shocked
Guys i'm not advertising for this people but try and visit this place and ur life will never be the same when it comes to eating good food.
Infact i took my wife there and ever since she has been craving for the AMALA.

Good food is good ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by crazyT(m): 1:51am On Nov 12, 2007
Hey guys! Can you all just be considerate enough and stop all this Amala stories?  grin grin

Don't get me wrong I love amala to a fault but the last time I smell (not to talk of eat) Amala and gbegiri last was about 7 years ago.
Can you believe that the pizza and coca cola I was planning to eat before reading all this amala stories now looks like sand and water now?
How I wish I could run (about 6000 km) down to Shitta or White house Sabo now and grab Amala with gbegiri, goat meat, bokoto and orisirisi. Men! I really miss Nigeria.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:58am On Nov 12, 2007
fuzek:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
OMG rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin

1daful thread!!!
LOL oh don't you like cold eba and hot stew or spicy efo /efo and egusi with assorted meat and chicken
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by trips(m): 6:33am On Nov 12, 2007
There is this joint at Adeniji Phase one estate
TITE amala with some heavy ogunfe not forgetting ewedu and gbegiri
O boy!!
I call it Iya Basira cos mi girlfriend is begginnin to complain
lol!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by folabim(f): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2007
Abeg una never tell me where I go get my amala with abula for PH o. Somebody heeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by spora(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2007
E kare. Eyin omo Adedibu! Amala and Gbegiri! hmmmnn nice thread.

In my village, the one made from cassava is oka or lafun; LF, the one made from yam is amala and the one made from green plantain is called Kelu (ke as in kenny, lu as in LUTH). Men, I remember home.

At Pedro on your way to Bariga, there is Mummy's Dish at Johnson Bus Stop. You are sure to get a nice time with Oka! Even after swearing I will never go there again, the first place you see me the next day is Mummy's Dish. I hope them never d me Iya Basira there.

Somebody mentioned Iya Yusuf at Gaa Akanbi Junction in Ilorin. Aaaaaah, o ku ai gbagbe. That was my best joint when I was in Ilorin.

How can I forget NASU Cafe at Ibadan Poly. You are guaranteed a delectable oka for complete 12-hour in a day. That was my second home when I was doing my ND at Ibadan Poly. That was early 90s though. I don't know what goes on there now.

Oka! Oka!! Oka!!!
I hail thee.
Our own dear native meal
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2007
I am a No 1 fan oh. I Live in Abuja, I go to a joint in Central Area the road that links Ademola Tukunbo to Federal secretaraite
In fact when I was in school, I will be in the middle of a lecture and I will just feel like eating amala, i will leave the lecture hall and take two drops to go to terminus, there use to be a joint there. The amala can keep u dreaming. My friends use to say the woman jazzed me
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by spora(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2007
aisha2:

In fact when I was in school, I will be in the middle of a lecture and I will just feel like eating amala, i will leave the lecture hall and take two drops to go to terminus, there use to be a joint there. The amala can keep u dreaming. My friends use to say the woman jazzed me

****thinking*****
hmmnnn. Poor girl!
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
No wonder, she came out with ordinary pass.
Amala ti se e lese
Olodo rabata, amala loo moo je
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by papagiddy(m): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2007
am from ogbomoso and that is our original native. any resturant menu without amala and gbegiri is is resturanant at all. including mr biggs!! i tell you!!
i take it daily.you can get it at alata cool room here in ogbomoso
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by ola4u: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2007
Amala dudu, o ma ra dan, gbegiri obe to dara, ewe du du to nyo, gbogbo re nse ara lore, ota aisan lara

Ahhh nobody know oriki of Amala dudu, gbegiri and ewedu oooooooooo

check it out

White House at Tin can near spring bank.

NURWT office, Coconut bus stop. Apapa

Iya Silifat, Benson Bus stop, Ikorodu . , Ask the all the Bankers in Ikorodu
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Carlosein(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
hehehe grin

i represent o. agbowo, amala abula theatre arts u.i.

dugbe, iwo road, orita challenge, etc etc

in lagos i either make it myself or have someone make it for me.

think i'll have some as soon as i can make it. grin grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by rajaholoru: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2007
Iya wasiu a.k.a naastraight at cultural center in Ibadan, her amala and gbegiri is of grade AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA . It is very close to Oba Akinbiyi High School 1 Ibadan. Try it today!!!!!!!! Thanks
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by rajaholoru: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2007
Iya wasiu a.k.a naastraight at cultural center in Ibadan, her amala and gbegiri is of grade AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA . It is very close to Oba Akinbiyi High School 1 Ibadan. Try it today!!!!!!!! Thanks
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hey Spora, u harsh oh. But for amala, I would hav made a first Class but i dey manage 2.1
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by kooldamsel(f): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2007
@fuzek
I tire o
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by busygirl(f): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2007
Na wa oooo, So many AMALA FANS in da house. . . .I love amala, but only when it's served with vegetable soup. Anyways people, be careful with them joints. , .You all know the story of IYA BASIRA and if you don't, ask STYL-PLUS grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by damoche07(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2007
@POSTER.

I served Zamfara state so i can describe a place for u in Gusau where u can have access to the special meal.But be careful,u might get addicted.

After the main round about close to Ali Akilu on your way down Sani Abacha road,there is a shopping complex on the left.The shop is right in the complex.The complex also houses these travel companies.Just ask anybody around that place about the Amala joint.they can't miss it.Its cheap,popular but the downside is that u miight have to leave a portion for the Almajiris.

Hope to get a feed back about the place.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE I NEED THREADS LIKE THIS.THATS WHY I COME TO NAIRALAND.I AM TIRED OF ALL THESE 'SHOULD I MARRY HIM',DOES HE LOVE ME' THREADS.Nonsense threads.Anyone out there in the same boat with me?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by roodest: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2007
Anyone here living in Yenagoa, Bayelsa?
You know the spot is @ Otiotio Road right?!
This woman doesn't put meat in your food,
She LOADS like a dozen GIANT pieces of meat to go with such wonderful a meal as the best AMALA + GBEGIRI in the South-South

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians / My Posh Food Thread ❤ / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.