Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum (28441 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / ~Gbegiri Soup Recipe~ / How To Prepare Gbegiri Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by dablessed(f): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hmnn, ( thinking aloud ) the amala women are always  iya wasiu, iya sikiru, iya kudira, iya basira,   i wonder.

Anyways, not really an amala fan, ikokore is it for me!

However, been to tomi's kitchen on deptford high street a few times and loved their amala with eforiro.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by dela(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2007
@tobi 1909.
u be correct.Na Ogbomoso u fit chop correct amala n gbegiri.dat food, is one out of this world.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by hafees: 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2007
try a place called belgium in mile 2 and die a small death, cloud 7. hot with an aroma that is out of this world. now enter iyana ipaja garage and u could become dizzy with the aroma of hot gbegiri and ewedu and as people also wrestle with their plate. tips: never eat ur amala /abula without ogufe (goat meat) or worstil eja kika (smoked fish) finally never die without eating amala you might not make it heaven!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by chii: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
I love this thread

[sub]can't stop dreaming of my youth service days cry cry cry cry

Please house, give it up for 4 inastriat in mokola. Im ibo, never tasted gbegiri till i went there and beleive me, i was addicted.

Used to go there EVERY thursdays after CD's and infact every other day
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by biggerboy(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
Have u ever tried gbegiri with rice? grin grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by bigboy2006: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
if u go to bere for ib city u go see better amala there and akanran road good amala with bush meat, mee--e-n the amala is so delicious and tatanlizing but i don miss when i they gbedun secondary school will dey always go to akanran go wak amala gbona.so try and see
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by spora(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
biggerboy:

Aaaaah! O pari!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by MoOdYLaDy(f): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2007
biggerboy:

Have tried okor with rice and egusi soup with rice
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by wakagirl: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
Any idea where i can get the best of ofada rice with the ata dindin, i sure will be tempted to head there from the airport when i land in a week time.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by mekoyo(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2007
Una dey make my mouth watery for here o. I like amala well well o. But that gbegiri thing is out of it.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by mrtunde(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2007
Oooo my Amala
Oooo my Amala
When shall i see you ooooooooo?
When shall i see, Amala and abula i will never forget Ogunfe.

meeennn, I feel like a thousand raps right now.

The great amala joints have already been mentioned. I will like to add coca-cola at Marina. Their amala is not the bomb, but decent. Its the closest you have to the real thing.

Amala is best served in a calabash with abula (all in together and ate with five fingers). anything else will lose its authenticity.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by zoomzu(f): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2007
Yea! I have been to that Inastraight @ Ibadan. Thier Amala is great.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by zoomzu(f): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2007
Iwe Iroyin in abeokuta is not bad as well even mama sunday in Adigbe, abeokuta.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Shinatu: 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
Meeeeeeen na wao! What will you guys not discuss on Nairaland?
I have been laughing my head off!

I must be an amala freak because I know most of the places mentioned in Ibadan and Lagos.

Amala is my best food in this whole wide world but I cannot bring myself to eat what is served in the restraurant in my place of work in Warri because it is far from the Buka, 'ina igi' type that I love.
I cannot wait for Xmas to come for me to go home for another shot

For Warri people check Eboh by Cinema junction and Refinary road (cannot remeber the exact place)
but it will be served in nylon with the Ewedu in another plate not the usual style of serving from the hot pot into  the plate with the soup poured on it!

There is a place in Ibadan that has not been mentioned, Yakoyo is behind new Gbagi market, the woman must have bulit many houses with people's money cheesy

Inastraight is not what it used to be, it was formerly downhill behind cultural center and it was almost an addiction for many people in ibadan then,learnt the wonam used to kill about 6 goats a day.

There used to be another Olaiya in Ketu garrage, it was actually run by a man, I used to look forward to my Saturday mornings there when I was working in Lagos.

Any new and exciting joint in Ibadan?
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by BISHOB(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2007
I bless God for this post. The first thing I do when I get to a new place is to look for where to get the best of "we wo" joint in its decent presentation. Good hot amala with abula (mixture if gbegiri and ewedu or ila) with prefered ogufe (goat meat), the day is made.
For me, PWD in Ikeja has a joint, Iyadunni @ challenge roundabout, Ibadan, Opposite waec office Ibadan, mama ope mokola, Iya ila motor garrage in kaduna, ile molebi in aba etc.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by femi1886(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2007
Amala with Abula (gbegiri and ewedu ) is the bum. I had so much of it at Ogbomosho and guess Wat for 5 years i didn't get tired at all. You know the most fascinating thing about this meal is that u can take as much as u want knowing that once u get off that sit and take a couple of steps u are good to go cos its naturally light and guess Wat u would surely be back the soon if it was well done. Joints like Lagos ,iya shuiab,tokotaya etc in Ogbomosho are best have been to. Most mention somewhere in secretariat in Alausa along awolowo way ikeja is also great in Lagos.

Anybody with information on where i can get quality Amala and Abula in Abuja city should PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE inform me i really miss that thing

For does that haven't tried it what can i tell u?

YOU SURE MISSSSSSSSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by JNdupu: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
However, been to tomi's kitchen on deptford high street a few times and loved their amala with eforiro

For all London Amala piners, y'all should know Tomi's Kitchen also does Gbegiri
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by dablessed(f): 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
JNdupu:

[i]

For all London Amala piners, y'all should know Tomi's Kitchen also does Gbegiri

That's news to me!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by toks81(f): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2007
I ate amala at home growing up and my mum is one person who never encouraged eating outside.The first time i had a foreign amala experience was in OAU ile-ife,at old buka.I was really scared at first because of the environment.Not to clean baby poop somewhere and then the women behinde large cauldrons dishing out the meal looked like overfed witches serving human parts.well i ordered quite little(to feel among say me sef fit chop outside).After i had a five minute crusade binding and casting the devils from my amala i finally settled down to eat.MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!It was experience like a virgin haveing an orgasm after GOOD sex.

That was the first dis-virgining experience!

Then in my final year i went with my friends to UI for research work and one of my 'ajala' friends who has combed IB took us to this place at sabo.Oh boy!the amala na die.I bought oh.Bought in a plastic bowl all the way back to ife.

I enetred a small bus back to Ife that night which was so uncomfortable,if you see the way i clung to my bowl eh,it a was like i was carryin a priceless artifacT.

The Amala/Gbegiri combo is one tagteam that rules anyday.
Even ajebo dey doff cap anytime they experience the combo.
lesson learnt over the years is that good amala is served in not so clean environment.

just pray chop and if u get long throat the combo go teach you lesson grin

NB:Have u heard of fireservice at townplanning area?them good man!try them out.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by ifyalways(f): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2007
grin the amala tourism still continues wink
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by nextlevel: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2007
if you are not a lover of amala you are missing
check it out at IYA IDOWU food canteen,asa-dam road along kwara state house of asembly.
Governor Sai Bukky de branch there

1 Like

Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by wakagirl: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2007
Pls now somebody tell me where i can get OFADA RICE PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by TolaR(f): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2007
I have to say that the very best Amala and Gbegiri with a dash of Ewedu or Ila can be have at the city of Amala self in Ogbomoso. This is the place where those of us that are natives eat Amala and Gbegiri for breakfast and take hot pap afterward.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by LAGATA(m): 7:21am On Nov 15, 2007
u guys think dia is no correct amala joint up in the North abi? I beg all u to take a trip to Kaduna. Dia is this place along Ibadan Street close to Ahmadu Bello way. O boy! dia is no day i upload amala with correct abula dia dt i dnt stain my clothes. Enuf eran igbe dia (Bush meat) pls feel free 2 hola me wenever u enta kd - 08034654459 grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by knotty(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2007
LAGATA:

u guys think dia is no correct amala joint up in the North abi? I beg all u to take a trip to Kaduna. Dia is this place along Ibadan Street close to Ahmadu Bello way. O boy! dia is no day i upload amala with correct abula dia dt i dnt stain my clothes. Enuf eran igbe dia (Bush meat) please feel free 2 hola me wenever u enta kd - 08034654459 grin

oh sure, i shall buzz you once o hit Kd. do not worry about the spending. knotty shall take care of that.

OYO NORTH

this pace make the best amala flour itself, no wonder it is called the food baket of the state. but, the gbegiri only gets to its best frenetic self only when it is prepared for special occasion. the people are frugal with everything, you know.

so, go from SHAKI, to KISHI, SHEPETERI, OJE OWODE, TEDE, IRAWO, AGO ARE, ISHEYIN, IGBETI, the best you will get of the stuff is sunday afternoon meals after church and during BURIAL CEREMONIES.

at burial ceremonies, it comes with eko tutu and hot gbegiri.

how i miss home!!!!

NIGER STATE
GADA.
for travellers by road from the south up north, there is this sleepy town in niger state that is benownst only for the sake of one woman selling amala. the once sleepy town has suddenly burst to life thanks to travellers like me who like to pack a d savour our amala as we journey upnorth.

i am sure, a lot of my peole know this place.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by blesyne(f): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
hush i love amala so much,especially d one prepared by my mum with efo elegusi spiced with crayfish. tongue cheesy[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Alsutan: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2007
Oh,ooooooooo God bless iya amala .I go marriy the woman by force.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by biggerboy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2007
You guys have made me to remember my good old days in secondary school at Baptist Sec School liberty road Ibadan, i used to collect my allowances weekly then and i would not mind spendng everything on a day on amala and gbegiri at Alhaja's joint very close to the scool,even our teachers were not left behind.Nobody ever remained the same after eating that Amala.Then if you are having your NYSC in kebbi state,it will be a sin if you finish service without visiting the woman at Jega very close to Mayanma Park.I promise you a wonderful experience because that was the same thing i experienced when i was serving.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by topgirl: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2007
there's a place in Ibadan called bodija ojurin,just b4 u enter the mechanic village by the entrance.if u eat the amala with correct ;Dgoat meat,cow meat,snail,stockfish,bushmeat with efo riro there, ur life will never remain d same again.dat amala is serious. grin
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by Fileki(f): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
''Amala water'' beside book sellers @ Dugbe in Ibadan,+ Iya Ila @ Molete my God!
just try it if u are close to the address and give me a feedback.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by TOYOSI20(f): 12:54am On Feb 23, 2008
Me I love amala, with ewedu.
Re: Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum by sunnykiss(m): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2008
grin ;Dwalai lai ta lai give me the pot of soup sebi amala and gbegiri, i love it well well grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of Hilda Baci Making Traditional Igbo Oha Soup / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? / My First Time Of Making Coconut Fried Rice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.