Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch (14071 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Nairalanders Please Watch Out - Scam / Nigerians In Chinese Prisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by justwise(m): 10:32pm On May 04, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @Achi4u
while China becomes one of the main power of this world, you call them poor, lol! yes there is poverty in China, do you know any country where there aint any?
as for heartless, maybe this is what Nigeria need to get rid of all the corruption that keeps the country in the sad state that it is.

Have to agree with that, though many more will try to outsmart themselves and will still end up in jail.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 04, 2012
^^^^and some may even succeed.... as there will always be the hardcore criminals out there with the "i got nothing to lose, baba Ijebu told me i will not get arrested" attitude.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by violent(m): 10:49pm On May 04, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, we cant sit here and claim that they are all innocent of their crimes, especially when we all know too well about the mentality of our dear brothas and sistas out there. yes, a few of them might be innocent of the crime they are accused of (just like inmates in the US, UK etc) but it certainly doesnt take away the gravity of the issue.

I haven't argued that they all must have been innocent of the crimes they were accused of, but the fact that quite a handful may have been convicted wrongly and without fair trial makes this all the more disturbing. In fact, it actually does take away the gravity of the criminal issues as argued. You can't punish an innocent man just because no one was willing to fight for him...You can't simply lock him behind bars without informing his family or his government while taking away the years in his life. That's the only issue i think is worth discussing!!!

also, i wont try to say whats right or wrong IN CHINA. the Chinese Gov is the ultimate body to decide on that......and if anyone is not happy with the laws in this country or their judicial system, they can stay the hell away (or behave themselves while there). many foreigners (myself included) have lived in china and never seen a police station holding cell, let alone a jail cell.

The fact that you have never seen a police station or holding cell does not mean they don't exist!!!.....and there's absolutely no evidence to argue that all those who have been locked up were locked up for not behaving themselves. If people were locked up without informing their families and their governments, how then can we be sure of the true circumstances under which they were locked up or even more importantly their safety?

One of my favorite quotes goes: "A corpse is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops".... If one man suffers injustice somewhere, who knows who the next man may be? If i were locked up somewhere unjustly and my rights to freedom denied, i would love to have a little shrewed of hope that someone with some humane rational sense out there will be fighting my cause, not condemning me along with several others who were being rightly punished for their crimes. For God's sake, these people have families and some even have aged folks. If some of them are not guilty of their crimes, then we ought to be fighting their cause, not throwing mortars at them!!!

China doesnt really care of the nationality of the culprits, as we all witnessed with the execution of the Brit Akmal Shaikh for drug smuggling, while the whole British Gov was pleading with China not to....so it sure aint got nothing to do with being Nigerian.

My argument here is that China is definitely more cautious with the way it handles British and American nationals. If China has strong evidence proving that individuals from these countries are guilty of the crime they are accused of, then it has a right to stand its ground and it will....otherwise, China understands that it does risk a lot of diplomatic row if it happens to fabricate charges against indivuduals from these countries. In the case of Akmal Shaikh, Britain several representations to China and pulled all the diplomatic strings it could. Outside this, i haven't read of similar cases in recent times. China really does understand that the governments from each of these countries give a fuccck about their citizens abroad....No one cares if 1 million Nigerians get slaughtered in China!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by justwise(m): 10:59pm On May 04, 2012
[quote author=MRbrownJAY]^^^^and some may even succeed.... as there will always be the hardcore criminals out there with the "i got nothing to lose, baba Ijebu told me i will not get arrested" attitude.[/quote]

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by zaboy: 11:12pm On May 04, 2012
This video just shows the ones in China. There are much more in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore etc Yes, some of them may not be guilty, but most of them are!

Seeing most of the inmates coming from the south of nigeria, i tried to think why? I mean the northern part of nigeria is supposed to be the most under-developed part, and yet, you never see a northerner even in a refugee camp let alone engaging in drugs or fraud abroad. why?
any ideas pls?
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by SOUTHSOUTH1: 11:30pm On May 04, 2012
WERE THEY NOT TOLD AND AWARE?
PLEASE LET THE GREEDY AND DESPERATION ONES KEEP GOING THERE, AFTER ALL NIGERIA IS OVERPOPULATED!!
150 MILLION PEOPLE NO BE BEANS..
DON'T ADVICE THEM AGAIN, LET THEM GO SO THERE'LL BE SPACE FOR THE REMAINING TO GET JOB, ADMISSION INTO UNIVERSITY ETC...
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 12:20am On May 05, 2012
brotha Violent
fair trial?! what China does is no different than what any other country in the world is doing. how long were the Guantanamo inmate detained before they even had access to a lawyer or a "fair" trial? how long were they tortured to even talk of a fair trial? each and every country around the world has their own agenda and laws, and can do whatever they please within their country, so long as it is within that said country's law. so China's laws are no different than any other country around the world. you get caught smuggling big drugs or taking big bribes, you get locked up or killed, no questions asked, thats the law in China. is it right? maybe not. does it discourage criminals, HELL YEAH!!!

the Chinese Gov doesnt have any obligation towards these criminals, their families or the 9ja Gov. as we clearly heard from the video, the 9ja embassy sometimes help these inmates by charging their prison CC. so the Nigerian embassy clearly knows they are there, and its their job to contact families, not the Chinese Gov. also, many are so ashamed of where they are, they are reluctant to contact their own family, as we saw that one of them was contacted from China jail. why would the Chinese Gov open these inmates bank accounts, if it was not for these criminal's family to help and send money?

the Nigerian Embassy and Gov is the one who should stand firm and press the Chinese Gov, if they dont, why would you want foreigners (like China) to care about Nigerians? have you ever heard the Nigerian Gov raise the issue about ANY of these inmates, like the Brits did with Akmal Shaikh? do you honestly believe GEJ (or anyone else in power) cares for the wellbeing of Nigerians in jail in China?
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 12:52am On May 05, 2012
I feel 15% sorry only for the innocent kids going through hardship because of their father's get rich or die in jail lifestyle. Now ladies this is one of the reasons yall need to go to school, learn some kind of handiwork and say no to " Being a house a wife" because your [s]fraudster/smuggler]wannabe so called businessman husband could fall into it at anytime.

Bringing the thief back to Nigeria to join them with the already fraudsters, scammer's and drug dealers is somewhat ok but no really ok because they deserve to serve their time wherever they committed the crime. Just like one of em guys said on the video, how about prisoners in Europe and all the medicaid and identity crooks in Texas and California?

China is the worst place for anyone to commit such crime especially when you are black and African. I can't and will never work in a baking zone, you know why? because I can't take the heat. So let them stand as example to other Nigerians. If weren't born outside Nigeria trust me I wouldn't live anywhere else apart from Nigeria. I know hundreds of people getting super rich in Nigeria while others prefer going to Ghana and other African countries in the hope of greener pasture.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by onila(f): 5:42am On May 05, 2012
REALITY101: I feel 15% sorry only for the innocent kids going through hardship because of their father's get rich or die in jail lifestyle. Now ladies this is one of the reasons yall need to go to school, learn some kind of handiwork and say no to " Being a house a wife" because your [s]fraudster/smuggler]wannabe so called businessman husband could fall into it at anytime.

Bringing the thief back to Nigeria to join them with the already fraudsters, scammer's and drug dealers is somewhat ok but no really ok because they deserve to serve their time wherever they committed the crime. Just like one of em guys said on the video, how about prisoners in Europe and all the medicaid and identity crooks in Texas and California?

China is the worst place for anyone to commit such crime especially when you are black and African. I can't and will never work in a baking zone, you know why? because I can't take the heat. So let them stand as example to other Nigerians. If weren't born outside Nigeria trust me I wouldn't live anywhere else apart from Nigeria. I know hundreds of people getting super rich in Nigeria while others prefer going to Ghana and other African countries in the hope of greener pasture.

smiley
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by djeezy(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2012
morpheus24: saw this story on channels.

Hope this deters many of you that think you are invincible and want to go do bad things in other countries. You mihgt get caught up.

See the families you are leaving behind!!!

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7egbLaX4MA&list=UUEXGDNclvmg6RW0vipJYsTQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/flash]
Nigerians are everywhere. What a shame.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by tonypark: 8:11am On May 05, 2012
Firstly, it's my great hornor to share my idears here.
My name is tony, and I am from china.and to be honest,chinese law is very strict to any criminals here, even for chinese people.We treat everyone equal,no matter what is from china or other countries.espeacially for the people from africa, i have special emotion.We are in one world,and we need to be equal and friendly to each other.Of course,there must be having criminals in any countries,if I go to other countries, I constantly remind of I am from china, and to be friendly to anyone, and do not break my bottom line to be a good man.
And now, the African friends mostly live Guangzhou,china.because the weather there is more or less the same as they are in Africa. More and more African people come to this city, and they find jobs,do china-africa bussiness,to be a teacher in university,etc.Most of them are living in china.I think this is a good situation.But small group of people sell drugs,it's not good to anyone although this can earn money quickly.But we can totally earn money to use our hands, to find jobs,etc.
Anyway,china is also good, and welcome to do bussiness with us.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by newmaonza: 10:37am On May 05, 2012
NRI PRIEST: I am very very embarrassed and shocked to say the least! This is nothing but GREED and these dumbheads know very well that they have children and wive but never stopped a minute to think about the repercusions. I feel very sorry for the families they left behind! Its a shame too that most of these people here are IGBOS! Some of our people are just very GREEDY ! !
you r silly, so every nigerian crimimal is igbo. . .pls apply discretion when u point accusing fingers
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Tyche(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2012
violent:

Your post and a few others does assume that the individuals serving jail terms in China must be really guilty of their crimes and deserved to be punished accordingly. Your post rules out the possibility that a few people may have been cut within the seriously alarming Chinese system which shows absolutely no regard for human rights or the rights to fair hearing or fair justice.

China is not the UK or the US. In China, it is you against the system, and you stand absolutely no chance if you can't speak or understand Chinese ------- you simply can't argue your case in Chinese courts and your guilt or lack of it rest in the hands of people who wouldn't even recognize the rights of their own citizens how much more you from a country stereotyped for corruption?

It doesn't even help that Nigerian's foreign policies are in shambles. hear the illiterate Nigerian minister saying "I was really shocked when i got the list, and we don't know what to do" shocked shocked ....i haven't yet heard of a more distressing statement since the last time i heard Jonathan spoke about terrorism being a global phenomenon.. The Chinese government will think twice before coming up with ridiculous charges for an American or British citizen, sure no one wants a Hilary Clinton or William Hague causing a serious showdown on their doorstep, but who gives a Fuccck about the little nasty Nigerian?.

My heart truly goes out to the families who have to bear the brunt of either these men's irresponsibility or the bitter taste of the insane Chinese system.
U gave a balanced view of the situation. There is always two sides to a coin.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by proffmanue(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2012
we Nigerians are the root cause of these problems before us.
we celebrate corrupt officials instead of fighting them.
until we go after corrupt officials our selves, there
will be no change because the institute that fight corruptions
are lead by the same cronies. Heads must roll before change can come to Nigeria. cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 05, 2012
OMG! shocked
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by member479760: 12:56pm On May 05, 2012
Stop selling drugs, stop doing fraud!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by obowunmi(m): 3:12pm On May 05, 2012
and we Nigerians welcome the Chinese with open arms in Nigeria. Before signing these land and oil deals, Nigerians should make the Chinese release their people from prison.

You see how Nigerians girls fight over Chinese and Indian men in Nigeria. undecided undecided undecided

Chinese take our OIL but they jail our people. Nigerians wake up
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by obowunmi(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2012
proffmanue: we Nigerians are the root cause of these problems before us.
we celebrate corrupt officials instead of fighting them.
until we go after corrupt officials our selves, there
will be no change because the institute that fight corruptions
are lead by the same cronies. Heads must roll before change can come to Nigeria. cry

well said my brother. angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by obowunmi(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2012
So it looks like the Chinese carry large containers of cocaine into the country, then find HUNGRY and desperate Nigerians to import the drugs into other countries.

Why isn't anyone watching Nigerian water ways ??
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Habibakasim(f): 8:27pm On May 05, 2012
God i op plp wil tak lesson 4rm dis
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 05, 2012
tony_park: Firstly, it's my great hornor to share my idears here.
My name is tony, and I am from china.and to be honest,chinese law is very strict to any criminals here, even for chinese people.We treat everyone equal,no matter what is from china or other countries.espeacially for the people from africa, i have special emotion.We are in one world,and we need to be equal and friendly to each other.Of course,there must be having criminals in any countries,if I go to other countries, I constantly remind of I am from china, and to be friendly to anyone, and do not break my bottom line to be a good man.
And now, the African friends mostly live Guangzhou,china.because the weather there is more or less the same as they are in Africa. More and more African people come to this city, and they find jobs,do china-africa bussiness,to be a teacher in university,etc.Most of them are living in china.I think this is a good situation.But small group of people sell drugs,it's not good to anyone although this can earn money quickly.But we can totally earn money to use our hands, to find jobs,etc.
Anyway,china is also good, and welcome to do bussiness with us.
Na who ask this one story
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 05, 2012
Some pple in diz forum said China is equally strict to evryone including their citizens which its a lie and i can say they re more n more strict to Nigerians in particular because i hv once applied to one university there, whre d sch welkom me in sensible manner n i was told by their intl office dt my adm is click dt i shld provide whre to snd my acceptance letter to.....abt 2weeks later,i was emailed dt my applctn was canclled by thier autonomous region gov...oh,i felt da pain seriously!! And i probably knw dt is bcs am frm Nig..
We nigerians are d one dt can fight dz as many pple are always been sayn abt Nig embassy there is rubbish n to my view i thnk dt Nig gov wil neva intervene in any of her citizen being accused,wether innocent or nt.......Bleep Nig gov!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 05, 2012
ogbeche77: Na who ask this one story

Abi oooo,na bcs he gt customer frm naija na hm make ham dey advertise n telln story,,
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by BUSHMAN1: 11:21am On May 06, 2012
Demaejy: Some pple in diz forum said China is equally strict to evryone including their citizens which its a lie and i can say they re more n more strict to Nigerians in particular because i hv once applied to one university there, whre d sch welkom me in sensible manner n i was told by their intl office dt my adm is click dt i shld provide whre to snd my acceptance letter to.....abt 2weeks later,i was emailed dt my applctn was canclled by thier autonomous region gov...oh,i felt da pain seriously!! And i probably knw dt is bcs am frm Nig..
We nigerians are d one dt can fight dz as many pple are always been sayn abt Nig embassy there is rubbish n to my view i thnk dt Nig gov wil neva intervene in any of her citizen being accused,wether innocent or nt.......Bleep Nig gov!
i can see why your aplication was cancelled, you can not spell a sentence properly,i can hardly read your writing, am sure the chinese had the same problem reading your writing and spelling too,they dont want an illitrate like you in their school
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 06, 2012
BUSH MAN: i can see why your aplication was cancelled, you can not spell a sentence properly,i can hardly read your writing, am sure the chinese had the same problem reading your writing and spelling too,they dont want an illitrate like you in their school
you are a fool,i hope you are behaving and thinking as your name implies,whereas,everyone is trying to abbreviate words here to make a quick typing...what hell you didn't see in my spelling? Are we in ''spelling competition'' Infact,you are not supposed to live among a human being...go live in the bush where you come from!!!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Lexusgs430: 6:15am On May 07, 2012
NRI PRIEST: I am very very embarrassed and shocked to say the least! This is nothing but GREED and these dumbheads know very well that they have children and wive but never stopped a minute to think about the repercusions. I feel very sorry for the families they left behind! Its a shame too that most of these people here are IGBOS! Some of our people are just very GREEDY ! !

Why the igbo jibe?
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by BUSHMAN1: 4:27pm On May 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you see! now i can read your writing, there is no need to abbreviate,there is also no need getting angry and oh! if you also beleive that my name is "BUSH MAN" you are more inadequate than i thought,if i tell you were i live you may not beleive it,you even made few mistake in your latest writing, but thats fine, atleast you tried. anyway i ve made my point thats all that matters enjoy..
Demaejy:
you are a fool,i hope you are behaving and thinking as your name implies,whereas,everyone is trying to abbreviate words here to make a quick typing...what hell you didn't see in my spelling? Are we in ''spelling competition'' Infact,you are not supposed to live among a human being...go live in the bush where you come from!!!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by bluecole2(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2012
Emotional, sad for the poor families. Regardless of what the offences might be, people deserve to have a fair trial, be it in Nigeria, China or elsewhere around the world.

It's a shame some of the members of this forum don't understand what's is like to be in trouble thousands of miles away from home. Being in a better jail doesn't change anything, knowing you don't have a voice.

Human right of every nationality has to be up-helpd and that includes getting a fair trial. And it's the least our government should do for it's citizens. If we keep pointing fingers, especially in the wrong direction, our government will continue to be inconpetent and we the citizen will be the one to suffer the consequences of their inaction to fight for the rights of it's citizens.

Think brothers and sister, don't be in a rush to judge. Try to see things from a different view.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by justwise(m): 6:38pm On May 07, 2012
bluecole2: Emotional, sad for the poor families. Regardless of what the offences might be, people deserve to have a fair trial, be it in Nigeria, China or elsewhere around the world.

It's a shame some of the members of this forum don't understand what's is like to be in trouble thousands of miles away from home. Being in a better jail doesn't change anything, knowing you don't have a voice.

Human right of every nationality has to be up-helpd and that includes getting a fair trial. And it's the least our government should do for it's citizens. If we keep pointing fingers, especially in the wrong direction, our government will continue to be inconpetent and we the citizen will be the one to suffer the consequences of their inaction to fight for the rights of it's citizens.

Think brothers and sister, don't be in a rush to judge. Try to see things from a different view.

I feel sorry for the families left behind, lied to and still in the dark about what their loved ones did.

I don't feel sorry for any drug pusher/dealer, they want to make quick money and go back to Nigeria to intimidate those working hard decently with their dirty money. Well-done Chinese Govt.!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by JeSoul(f): 6:51pm On May 07, 2012
bluecole2: Emotional, sad for the poor families. Regardless of what the offences might be, people deserve to have a fair trial, be it in Nigeria, China or elsewhere around the world.

You do make a good point. And at the same time it is the overwhelming responsibility of any individual heading to foreign soil, to examine his decision soberly. How many people are flocking to Afghanistan? Pakistan? it is for a reason. Despite the fact being known worldwide about the brutality of the chinese justice system, nigerians are still going there. Honestly, how can one feel sad for a mn who got burned for putting his hand on the stove when it is common knowledge stoves burns hands?

Many Nigerians head abroad, thinking the same quick, fast, short-cut, bribe-your-way-out lifestyle that prevails in naija will be tolerated in other countries only to find out otherwise.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Koolking(m): 8:04pm On May 07, 2012
violent:

Your post and a few others does assume that the individuals serving jail terms in China must be really guilty of their crimes and deserved to be punished accordingly. Your post rules out the possibility that a few people may have been caught within the seriously alarming Chinese system which shows absolutely no regard for human rights or the rights to fair hearing or fair justice.

China is not the UK or the US. In China, it is you against the system, and you stand absolutely no chance if you can't speak or understand Chinese ------- you simply can't argue your case in Chinese courts and your guilt or lack of it rest in the hands of people who wouldn't even recognize the rights of their own citizens how much more you from a country stereotyped for corruption?

It doesn't even help that Nigerian's foreign policies are in shambles. hear the illiterate Nigerian minister saying "I was really shocked when i got the list, and we don't know what to do" shocked shocked ....i haven't yet heard of a more distressing statement since the last time i heard Jonathan spoke about terrorism being a global phenomenon.. The Chinese government will think twice before coming up with ridiculous charges for an American or British citizen, sure no one wants a Hilary Clinton or William Hague causing a serious showdown on their doorstep, but who gives a Fuccck about the little nasty Nigerian?.

My heart truly goes out to the families who have to bear the brunt of either these men's irresponsibility or the bitter taste of the insane Chinese system.

+1000. Your reply is sane sir. Some of us like to swallow hook and line whatever the media dishes out. The media scramble to outsmart and outshine others in their quest for popular acceptance and recognitions. Investigative journalism in Nigeria is near-zero. They are not known to be giving the people what they want the people to hear but not what are factual. Let's us all exercise caution in our haste to condemn we never can tell who is the next victim. My heart goes out to the loved ones of these people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Panic As Petrol Queues Surface In Abuja Due To Flood On Lokoja Road. / The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Thinking Of Relocating To Canada.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.