Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,256 members, 7,860,589 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:04 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926825 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
temmytanny: why not, you are free bro

thanks bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
brightmon:
Yes
K. My issue is that on my sworn affivit,I declared my age myself since my parents are late.Is that a problem?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
@gentigar,my wife and i sent our bio cheat to kcc in june and our case num is A00011000 plus and is stil we havnt got a reply,pls wen is our case numbr is gona be curent and wen is d liklyhood we gona hav our second notification.tanks God bless u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
nigga_guy:
K. My issue is that on my sworn affivit,I declared my age myself since my parents are late.Is that a problem?
I dont think so but why dont you use any of ur Aunty or uncle's name? Dont give room for any question.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
@temmytammy,
AMen... fenks brov
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
foworola:

Thanks Temmy and congratulations on your success with the lottery. Concerning jobs... My advice is two fold here 1. Start with whatever job you are able to start with to break the circle of unemployment. 2. for those with a good career background, dont start with just anything, look for the field you want to go and try starting in the mid level,if possible. these are about the two choices u have (may be prejudiced!) I was already in mid management level in the UK and was not willing to start with menial jobs when i got here, it took some time but i was able to start here in mid management again.

However, they really dont care much about employment history abroad here. You have to build your resume such that it reflects that you have been working here for like two years, get your friends and family to act as references for you and use their addresses as work address. your friends and families sud be able to help u with this. they do not check your passport to see how long u have been in the country so dont fear for that.

N.B this is just my candid opinion and its left to u 2 decide if you dont want to dress up your resume.

I really appreciate your candid opinion but the problem i have is continuing similar job i had in naija. I was working as RF and optimization Engineer(GSM networks) in Nigeria but its very scares here in US cos they use mostly CDMA networks and am not too vast in it,so i may require some trainings before i can get a job in such area moreover,the career isnt close to my UNI field of study. I intend to start from the scratch in another field but more emphasis on settling down first before going for further studies. My host and cousin have been very helpful here,i got two jobs already but you know witout SOLA SOLA,driving licence and car,nothing for me. Once i get my SSN, i belive Baba God job do the rest for me.
GOD BLESS YOU SIR or MA?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@temmy so it is possible to play dv 2014 when u re already a dv2013 winner. information is POWER
Yes my bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
mannet:

Please, like i said b4 i read through all the post and i never saw where anyone was envying u,i ead in-between lines very well so please nobody knows u and we are all faceless so i don't see why someone will envy u ,stop this insinuations,accusation and propaganda...like i said b4 let this matter be dead and buried thank u for ur cooperation.
Thank you my brother for your candid opinion
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
Helo house, any dv2013 selected person(s) with interview success info.so that we can learn from your interview experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
foworola:

Gentiger, not trying to pull issues here with you. However, you will agree with me that not everyone has such a family as yours,and i must say its quite impressive. that being said, i am assuming that you have not really been to see these your uncles and sometimes things are not as people perceive it to be, their mansions might not really be mansions, and again having a 8 bedroom mansion in Texas, North Carolina or Georgia doestnt mean u are super duper rich, cost of living is just lesser there but job opportunities are not so much around there. Your uncles do have children and they come first so do not rest on your oars believing you have unlimited stay at an uncle's place. EVERY MAN 4 HIMSELF!

For everyone else without such connections, my candid advise from a Nigerian to another is this, get the driving test manual of the state you land in ASAP, and learn it well. You may not be able to sit for the test until you get your social security and green card as you may need 6 points of identification to book the exam but reading before all the documents come will help u write the exams early. Also, its always better to go apply for your social security as soon as possible cos some districts take longer than others. to be continued...

@Foworola,God bless u for this insight and exposure,over the years i've really come to realize that our people abroad are nothing but lairs and they all live and display fake lifes making us all believe that they are rich and well to do over there but when it comes to helping u they turn their back against u and even make u their number 1 enemy as soon as u ask for any assistance from them.Let me briefly share my testimony and experience about "RICH" Family members/relatives;

During my service,i was very lucky to be posted to an oil/gas company and things were really ok for me financially,i had an uncle in UK who has always promised to help me for my undergraduate studies abroad which he never fulfilled till i graduated and went for service,while i was serving he pressured me to apply for my masters in UK,promising that he will foot the bills ,which i did and was given admission and when the admission letter arrived he started singing a different tune asking me and my parent to go look for N5.5 million which we will use for bank statement and return the money to the owner after interview/visa is granted.This was my uncle who knows my background and he's my mums direct elder brother and he understands how difficult life has been for us yet he was asking me to go look for such money which i told him is not possible.After a while he reduced the money to N3million,2million,N500k and later N250K. Fortunately for me after service i was retained in the company for 4 months on contract basis,all these while i never knew the game my uncle was upto because i have always believed he was rich and living a large life with his wife and kids,in short i trusted him so much because he was truly rich but soething went wrong wth his business and he went so bankrupt that he can hardly feed conveniently. Then came a day he called me that i should try and bring 250K and his wife is ready to assist me with 250k to make up 500k and we will use that money to borrow from money lenders and use it for bank statement to get visa and after that i can come to UK and hustle for the school fee and other things,so there came a time my boss and friends in the office were very skeptical about the reality of my going abroad to school and they ask if i trusted my uncle so much that he's capable of helping me and i said yes but the only question i never really got an answer to is; if my uncle is that rich and living ok why will he need my 250k to help me come abroad to study a big question.....To cut my long story short my uncle duped me of 250k till this day and also i lost the opportunity to get a contract renewal in the company because i thought i was going for my masters and getting a job is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle,so i lost the big opportunity.
My point is this never trust or believe whatever ur family,friends or relatives abroad tell u,they lie alot and they live fake life,infact i know many of them that request for financial help from their family back in Naija here.So now imagine asking such people for documents that reveals their true nature and status...definitely u are asking for too much trouble.Either u believe it or not from my research 80% of our people abroad are not as wealthy or rich as we think so lets learn lessons from this stories and stop unnecessary arguments.
The Oyibo people that removed AOS as part of the requirements for visa know very much what they are doing because they've also realized that 85% of Nigerians abroad will not assist on that AOS base on their status,hence there's no need asking.
Please also learn from story...don't live ur destiny in the hands of family members abroad,they will so disappoint u and live u frustrated,i have alot of stories about them but i will leave the rest for another day.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by foworola: 4:35pm
There has been a lot of back & forth with this AOS thing & i just have 2 say a thing or tow about it. my hubby won 2010 & we went from the UK so our experience is a bit different from a lot of people on this forum.

AOS affidavit is a very detailed document that entails ALL about your host. that document could be used to destroy someone's financial life in this country. So, 95% of people may not be able to give it 2 anyone except their immediate family. I personally can not give it to a friend cos i don't want to put my family into trouble if this friend decides to be fraudulent, which happens! Also, the affidavit is saying that this person will be responsible for you in the capacity they stated in the form, so if i say i am giving u a certain amount or accommodation, that means you can sue me for not giving it & you will win cos once the form is signed by a notary then its legal. there have been sad instances in the past when this have happened to people trying to help others.

My advice is that you can request from a friend gently but do not ask more than once if you have to. this is cos some people don't know how to say no so instead they wont pick your call again. you have thereby indirectly destroyed that relationship or whatever help you may have been able to get from the person.

Thank God you don't need it in Nigeria, so ... its your call

Foworola, please i will like to know about ur interview experience in uk such. because i will also be doing my interview here in uk. I will really be grateful if u can mail me @ olamurphyola@gmail.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
mannet:

@Foworola,God bless u for this insight and exposure,over the years i've really come to realize that our people abroad are nothing but lairs and they all live and display fake lifes making us all believe that they are rich and well to do over there but when it comes to helping u they turn their back against u and even make u their number 1 enemy as soon as u ask for any assistance from them.Let me briefly share my testimony and experience about "RICH" Family members/relatives;

During my service,i was very lucky to be posted to an oil/gas company and things were really ok for me financially,i had an uncle in UK who has always promised to help me for my undergraduate studies abroad which he never fulfilled till i graduated and went for service,while i was serving he pressured me to apply for my masters in UK,promising that he will foot the bills ,which i did and was given admission and when the admission letter arrived he started singing a different tune asking me and my parent to go look for N5.5 million which we will use for bank statement and return the money to the owner after interview/visa is granted.This was my uncle who knows my background and he's my mums direct elder brother and he understands how difficult life has been for us yet he was asking me to go look for such money which i told him is not possible.After a while he reduced the money to N3million,2million,N500k and later N250K. Fortunately for me after service i was retained in the company for 4 months on contract basis,all these while i never knew the game my uncle was upto because i have always believed he was rich and living a large life with his wife and kids,in short i trusted him so much because he was truly rich but soething went wrong wth his business and he went so bankrupt that he can hardly feed conveniently. Then came a day he called me that i should try and bring 250K and his wife is ready to assist me with 250k to make up 500k and we will use that money to borrow from money lenders and use it for bank statement to get visa and after that i can come to UK and hustle for the school fee and other things,so there came a time my boss and friends in the office were very skeptical about the reality of my going abroad to school and they ask if i trusted my uncle so much that he's capable of helping me and i said yes but the only question i never really got an answer to is; if my uncle is that rich and living ok why will he need my 250k to help me come abroad to study a big question.....To cut my long story short my uncle duped me of 250k till this day and also i lost the opportunity to get a contract renewal in the company because i thought i was going for my masters and getting a job is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle,so i lost the big opportunity.
My point is this never trust or believe whatever ur family,friends or relatives abroad tell u,they lie alot and they live fake life,infact i know many of them that request for financial help from their family back in Naija here.So now imagine asking such people for documents that reveals their true nature and status...definitely u are asking for too much trouble.Either u believe it or not from my research 80% of our people abroad are not as wealthy or rich as we think so lets learn lessons from this stories and stop unnecessary arguments.
The Oyibo people that removed AOS as part of the requirements for visa know very much what they are doing because they've also realized that 85% of Nigerians abroad will not assist on that AOS base on their status,hence there's no need asking.
Please also learn from story...don't live ur destiny in the hands of family members abroad,they will so disappoint u and live u frustrated,i have alot of stories about them but i will leave the rest for another day.
Thanks. It is a story that touches the mind but there's a lesson in it.Learn IT
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
brightmon:
hahahahahahah.
special number for the house before we sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GT-CiEuw94

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
mannet:

Your story really touched me and i pray GOD make your uncle realize his actions.We all have stories to tell..... I am very lucky that my host was willing to give AOS during my own time. But he promised he wont send a $1 to do my processing in naija then,i felt he was cruel. Since i came here(US) he spent alot on me and my family and i appreciate it. My story is diff from yours i guess. THATS LIFE....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
@Tammytanny na the copy of the AOS Video cd.you say make you show us @ a subsidized rate for naira land. I like u cos you no want make we spend much for sylver bird galleria.LOL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
mannet:

wow, i hope those that have Obama as brother and David Cameron as uncle reads this but my brother, Temmy, kemzone, Adesoji, you, others and I, is trying to educate the house that AOS is not easy to get and MAY run into problem requesting it from your host. I even went to the extent of telling the house that the lagos Embassy repied my email on AOS that its nolonger requried for Nigeria but that uncle Sam still insist that they shuld for source it knowing what it may result to. Honestly did you read my post on the subject matter? You will know we are on same page.
I also think WE shuld be bold enough to call a spade a spade if WE want to really put this AOS issue to rest and not watch Uncle Sam send them on Mission Impossible 5 (AOS).
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
look4all: @Tammytanny na the copy of the AOS Video cd.you say make you show us @ a subsidized rate for naira land. I like u cos you no want make we spend much for sylver bird galleria.LOL
no oo na special number from TU BABA - only me.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
look4all: @Tammytanny na the copy of the AOS Video cd.you say make you show us @ a subsidized rate for naira land. I like u cos you no want make we spend much for sylver bird galleria.LOL
How i go spend 3k for silifa bird to watch film wey dey alaba for 200?hhehehehehehehehe grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
temmytanny: How i go spend 3k for silifa bird to watch film wey dey alaba for 200?hhehehehehehehehe grin
you know say last them they sout say grab your copy NOW ! Grap your copy NOW!! , Na him me com tink say God touch your mind say make you kuku sponsor the AOS movie oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
mannet:

Please, like i said b4 i read through all the post and i never saw where anyone was envying u,i ead in-between lines very well so please nobody knows u and we are all faceless so i don't see why someone will envy u ,stop this insinuations,accusation and propaganda...like i said b4 let this matter be dead and buried thank u for ur cooperation.

I understand some of you guys use 2 or 3 different emails to register different users. In order words you are actually dealing with the same Person with different psudo names. Hmmmm! I won't answer you on this matter. I will only beg you all to face the subject matter of this forum and let Gentiger be.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2012
look4all: you know say last them they sout say grab your copy NOW ! Grap your copy NOW!! , Na him me com tink say God touch your mind say make you kuku sponsor the AOS movie oo
hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Who has watched BORN IDENTITY BEFORE?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 12:13am On Oct 14, 2012
temmytanny: Who has watched BORN IDENTITY BEFORE?
for my area for festac where we no get bush. Lol getgija na shey u undayzas sha.people wey live for lekki neva talk na dirty festac
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:16am On Oct 14, 2012
look4all: for my area for festac where we no get bush. Lol getgija na shey u undayzas sha.people wey live for lekki neva talk na dirty festac
grin grin

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 12:43am On Oct 14, 2012
Ibracadabra long time and how are you doing
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 3:00am On Oct 14, 2012
look4all: Ibracadabra long time and how are you doing

I'm doing good bro... Counting down to November... I'm optimistic and sure God won't let us down... Fortunately, my uni which hadn't given me my original certificate for over 4 years has eventually released it to me... Even though I know that my statement of degree is acceptable, this further boosts my confidence a lil...

How r your preparations going? When are you current?

Anyway, I'm already dreaming of America and d snow... lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 3:45am On Oct 14, 2012
hello house i fill the foam as single but now have get married but no kid what do you expect me to do and my case number is 70** but am not yet to submit the foam pls house tell me what to do.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 3:47am On Oct 14, 2012
tobi16: hello house i fill the foam as single but now have get married but no kid what do you expect me to do and my case number is 70** but am not yet to submit the foam pls house tell me what to do.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 6:12am On Oct 14, 2012
Pls what did u mean by caes numbser. Is case number ur CN plz tell me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Easye83(m): 6:31am On Oct 14, 2012
Can I stil check my status for dv2013 and wen is it suppose to emd,I mean checkin of result.
I av already register for dv2014
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2012
tina_crl01: Pls what did u mean by caes numbser. Is case number ur CN plz tell me
Yes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Easye83(m): 6:35am On Oct 14, 2012
Can I stil check for my dv2013 status,if I can wen will it xpire

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.