Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,522 members, 7,847,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924687 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Easye83(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2012
Can I stil check my dv2013 status and wen is d results expiring cuz I v already playd for 2014
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2012
Ibracadabra:

I'm doing good bro... Counting down to November... I'm optimistic and sure God won't let us down... Fortunately, my uni which hadn't given me my original certificate for over 4 years has eventually released it to me... Even though I know that my statement of degree is acceptable, this further boosts my confidence a lil...

How r your preparations going? When are you current?

Anyway, I'm already dreaming of America and d snow... lol
Thank God for the testimony of the release of the original cirth and as for me,stil waiting for the 2NL Which i believe is on the way. 1jhn my brother Go ur visa is sure cos the Glory that attract favor is come upon you now in jesus name.AMEN
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:36am On Oct 14, 2012
Trezeget: @gentigar,my wife and i sent our bio cheat to kcc in june and our case num is A00011000 plus and is stil we havnt got a reply,pls wen is our case numbr is gona be curent and wen is d liklyhood we gona hav our second notification.tanks God bless u

You will be current in November. Your interview will be in January. Just get your documents together and begin preparation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:41am On Oct 14, 2012
tobi16: hello house i fill the foam as single but now have get married but no kid what do you expect me to do and my case number is 70** but am not yet to submit the foam pls house tell me what to do.

Congrats at your selection. You got no problems. Add her as your derivative and be prepared to defend it. Get pictures of your marriage and courtship in place. You will need those. You've been current since September and your interview will come up in November if you submitted your forms early enough. Goodluck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2012
@gentigar,i rely apreciate,GOD BLESS U.wud like 2 hav ur email adress
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:39am On Oct 14, 2012
temmytanny:
special number for the house before we sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7SnFmt84c&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Special Number to wake Up with....Word from the Elders
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dridowu: 10:20am On Oct 14, 2012
temmytanny: Who has watched BORN IDENTITY BEFORE?
thanks for d help, I will resend d remaining 1 later. Thanks so much
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Trezeget: @gentigar,i rely apreciate,GOD BLESS U.wud like 2 hav ur email adress

info.seagate@gmail.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2012
Good morning all and thank you very much for ur contribution on the forum.Pls my case number is current in december,when am I likely to be interviewd.Provided I decided to come to Nigeria after gettin all the necessary document in USA, how many month must I spend in Nigeria before going back and must I go with my family each time i m going cos I heard one must be there in every six months. Thanks as I wait for ur response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
Kemzone2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7SnFmt84c&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Special Number to wake Up with....Word from the Elders
Wao! i really enjoyed your special number
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
foworola:

Gentiger, not trying to pull issues here with you. However, you will agree with me that not everyone has such a family as yours,and i must say its quite impressive. that being said, i am assuming that you have not really been to see these your uncles and sometimes things are not as people perceive it to be, their mansions might not really be mansions, and again having a 8 bedroom mansion in Texas, North Carolina or Georgia doestnt mean u are super duper rich, cost of living is just lesser there but job opportunities are not so much around there. Your uncles do have children and they come first so do not rest on your oars believing you have unlimited stay at an uncle's place. EVERY MAN 4 HIMSELF!

For everyone else without such connections, my candid advise from a Nigerian to another is this, get the driving test manual of the state you land in ASAP, and learn it well. You may not be able to sit for the test until you get your social security and green card as you may need 6 points of identification to book the exam but reading before all the documents come will help u write the exams early. Also, its always better to go apply for your social security as soon as possible cos some districts take longer than others. to be continued...

I really appreciate your contributions foworola,pls which part of the United state are you residing? I Live in Massachusetts, and will also need your contributions on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1058937/diversity-visa-immigrant-welcome-america.Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
jbmohd: Good morning all and thank you very much for ur contribution on the forum.Pls my case number is current in december,when am I likely to be interviewd.Provided I decided to come to Nigeria after gettin all the necessary document in USA, how many month must I spend in Nigeria before going back and must I go with my family each time i m going cos I heard one must be there in every six months. Thanks as I wait for ur response

If your number is current in December,then December must be your interview date depending on when you send your forms back to kcc.You must not stay outside the United state more than six months without a supporting document from immigration dept.and you don't really need to travel with your family all the time;it is costly and risky.I will advice you get your family an accommodation and let them settle down while you do the travelling.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
Thank you very much sir.Pls can I ve ur email address.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
jbmohd: Thank you very much sir.Pls can I ve ur email address.

adesojiaderemi@ymail.com

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
Hello all,is there any new 2nd NL in the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
emebeteaderashn: Hello all,is there any new 2nd NL in the house
NO! but i believe 2NL ll be coming out dis week.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
Good evening house,i need some insight...am hopping to get my 2nd NL this month(AF000004xx) and i have a question...during my registration there was a single letter misspelling on my middle name,but when i sent the forms back to kcc on july16 i also sent a short note explaining the situation...do you think that it will be a problem during my interview??thank you in advance...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2012
emebeteaderashn: Good evening house,i need some insight...am hopping to get my 2nd NL this month(AF000004xx) and i have a question...during my registration there was a single letter misspelling on my middle name,but when i sent the forms back to kcc on july16 i also sent a short note explaining the situation...do you think that it will be a problem during my interview??thank you in advance...

No! Won't be a problem. Mistakes are made to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2012
Been gone a while.

Happy Birthday in arrears Tiwanna!
Wish you more and more of the Lord's goodness, blessing and mercies in your life!

Thank God i missed the rofo-rofo action.

i won't say anything becos the 'elders' in the house have said it all!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
foworola:

Gentiger, not trying to pull issues here with you. However, you will agree with me that not everyone has such a family as yours,and i must say its quite impressive. that being said, i am assuming that you have not really been to see these your uncles and sometimes things are not as people perceive it to be, their mansions might not really be mansions, and again having a 8 bedroom mansion in Texas, North Carolina or Georgia doestnt mean u are super duper rich, cost of living is just lesser there but job opportunities are not so much around there. Your uncles do have children and they come first so do not rest on your oars believing you have unlimited stay at an uncle's place. EVERY MAN 4 HIMSELF!

For everyone else without such connections, my candid advise from a Nigerian to another is this, get the driving test manual of the state you land in ASAP, and learn it well. You may not be able to sit for the test until you get your social security and green card as you may need 6 points of identification to book the exam but reading before all the documents come will help u write the exams early. Also, its always better to go apply for your social security as soon as possible cos some districts take longer than others. to be continued...

So on point!!!
Already got the manual for my intended landing state!!

Thanks for your very valid, accurate and helpful words of advice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
Gentiger:

No! Won't be a problem. Mistakes are made to be corrected.
Thats a relief sir thanks,so do you think that i will get 2nd NL this month like i said earlyer my documents were delivered on july16
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2012
jidex001:
Nice one Bro, God bless u real good.
My question is at the point of interview , what can of question were u asked and what did they say about your educational background. Were u ask a question on one of the subject you did in secondary school. Thanks as a await your reply

Note that I chose to qualify with work experience. My current occupation is classified as a jobzone 4??( now that i thru i no fit readily remember! lol)
CO - What do you do?
me - I'm a ***** engineer with ***** company (oil and gas)
CO - Since when have been working there?
me - over five years now.
CO - Ok. Congrats, your visa has been approved.

Funny thing was that they did not collect any of my evidence of employment. just my educational certificates from ss testimonial to university cert and NYSC - Originals and photocopy (CO returned the orijos to me).

I noticed some peeps believe there is a formula to it. i don't subscribe to that school of thought.
it depends on what you have claimed and how well you can defend it, which in turn depends on the circumstances around the individual/family. I also believe what the COs are mostly looking for is inconsistencies in our claims and signs of insincerity in our answers.

I would suggest each of us should scrutinize his/her claims and prepare a solid document based defense for every claim. Then prepare for questions based on what you have claimed to have/be.

In my case, as far as i'm concerned, i merely showed up that day. I thank God for ordaining my steps to study what i did, get the job i have and win the lottery. He has been ordering my steps and keeping alive to fulfill the plan.
He that did mine shall also do for those who believe in Him. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
emebeteaderashn:
Thats a relief sir thanks,so do you think that i will get 2nd NL this month like i said earlyer my documents were delivered on july16

It's indeed strange it hadn't arrived yet. Not to worry, expect it any moment soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2012
Gentiger:

It's indeed strange it hadn't arrived yet. Not to worry, expect it any moment soon.
Thats What i thought sir,its strange do you think may be they cancelled my case because of the misspelling that i made on my middle name during the registration?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
emebeteaderashn:
Thats What i thought sir,its strange do you think may be they cancelled my case because of the misspelling that i made on my middle name during the registration?

Noooooo! KCC does not void winners. If they have suspicion based on evidence, they include it in your case file to the embassy. The embassy is vested with the powers to grant or deny visas. Fear not, you will hear from KCC sooner.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2012
Don Kool:

Note that I chose to qualify with work experience. My current occupation is classified as a jobzone 4??( now that i thru i no fit readily remember! lol)
CO - What do you do?

Funny thing was that they did not collect any of my evidence of employment. just my educational certificates from ss testimonial to university cert and NYSC - Originals and photocopy (CO returned the orijos to me).

I noticed some peeps believe there is a formula to it. i don't subscribe to that school of thought.
it depends on what you have claimed and how well you can defend it, which in turn depends on the circumstances around the individual/family. I also believe what the COs are mostly looking for is inconsistencies in our claims and signs of insincerity in our answers.

I would suggest each of us should scrutinize his/her claims and prepare a solid document based defense for every claim. Then prepare for questions based on what you have claimed to have/be.

In my case, as far as i'm concerned, i merely showed up that day. I thank God for ordaining my steps to study what i did, get the job i have and win the lottery. He has been ordering my steps and keeping alive to fulfill the plan.
Nice one sir,God see you tru ur flight over here.WELCOME TO AMERICA!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
Gentiger:

Noooooo! KCC does not void winners. If they have suspicion based on evidence, they include it in your case file to the embassy. The embassy is vested with the powers to grant or deny visas. Fear not, you will hear from KCC sooner.
Wow thank you sir for your elaborated explanation,i didnt know that,thank you again sir...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
Don Kool:

CO - What do you do?

This was lovely. All I can say is building of confident. Well I got five years experience in avaiation sector and still and in my final year in Lasu PT. WeLl, no wahala @ all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
Don Kool:

CO - What do you do?

This was lovely. All I can say is building of confident. Well I got five years experience in avaiation sector and still and in my final year in Lasu PT. WeLl, no wahala @ all. God dey
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
jidex001:

This was lovely. All I can say is building of confident. Well I got five years experience in avaiation sector and still and in my final year in Lasu PT. WeLl, no wahala @ all. God dey

Maybe I know you....I am an Aviator too
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2012
@all all of us dt is on a look out for 2NL we shld all be glue to our email cos october bulletin came out last friday so what else shld we be xpecting ?i pray dis new wk ll be fovourable one in Jesus name AMEN and those that ll be going for interview in ds new wk,u ll also be favourd in Jesus name d visa is urs claim it.good luck

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
ur father and Alico Dangote were kind of having a serious argument that led 2 a fight,u tried 2 intervein Dangote now instructed u to SLAP ur father for 100 million naira.what ll u do? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.