Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923341 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
loconzo00:
Thanks a lot for your advise.
She is presently in Nigeria, our interview can't be held or transferred to Europe.
Moreover once my passport is submitted here in Europe, any withdrawal cancels the processing entirely.
Thats why i consider this to be tight and in need of advise.
More advise please guys.
Cheers

My candid advice is that your wife should procees her visa with the kids, then you can join them latter, getting US visa is not that difficult in europe and above all comitt everything to God's hand He will surely work it out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
brightmon: A DV 2013 Interview in Nairobi and Lagos.
had my interview in Nairobi today.
i was called for the interview which was
very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2. do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.
thank you all for your prayers and may you
also be successful DV2013AF00002787
Interview: 11th Oct 2012 8am......Got the
VISA.....Thank you lord.
Visa Pickup: Wednesday Oct 17th
Another interview in Lagos.
Good day friends
This is my first time of posting into this
page.
I was selected for DV2013 and my
interview was held yesterday.
But ............................. Hold your breath a while! It did lasted for
less tah 7 minutes. Find below the
questions the CO asked.
My CN: 2013AF000018**
Interview date 11/10/2003
Me: Good day CO: Noded her head in response
CO: Call your family members
Me: I did
CO: Raise up your right hands
WE: We did
WE: We took a pledge that we would say nothing but the truth and we had our
fingers print
CO: Asked my wife and kids to get seated
CO: Are you the principal applicant?
Me: Yes
CO: Tell me a brief history of yourself starting from secondary school days till
date
Me: I did
CO: Where are you working?
Me: Dangote I said.
CO: Which of the business organisations of Dangote?
Me: I told her
CO: What is your wife doing?
Me: Trader
CO: What kind of commodity does she
sell. Me: Diaphers
CO: How much do you earn om monthly
basis?
Me: I told her
CO: Call me your wife
CO: Hello madam Wife: Good morning
CO: What do you do for a living?
Wife: I am a trader
CO: What do you trade in?
Wife: Diaphers and Noodles
CO: Location? Wife: She responded
CO: When did you get married
Me: December 20**
CO: Do you have weeding pics to prove it?
ME: I gave her the pics
CO: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CO: Come back on so so date for your visa.
Thank you all. I appreciate this forum. I
had the interview same day with my friend
and he was also successful. America here
we come

Brightmon! is that you?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Don Kool:

Note that I chose to qualify with work experience. My current occupation is classified as a jobzone 4??( now that i thru i no fit readily remember! lol)
CO - What do you do?
me - I'm a ***** engineer with ***** company (oil and gas)
CO - Since when have been working there?
me - over five years now.
CO - Ok. Congrats, your visa has been approved.

Funny thing was that they did not collect any of my evidence of employment. just my educational certificates from ss testimonial to university cert and NYSC - Originals and photocopy (CO returned the orijos to me).

I noticed some peeps believe there is a formula to it. i don't subscribe to that school of thought.
it depends on what you have claimed and how well you can defend it, which in turn depends on the circumstances around the individual/family. I also believe what the COs are mostly looking for is inconsistencies in our claims and signs of insincerity in our answers.

I would suggest each of us should scrutinize his/her claims and prepare a solid document based defense for every claim. Then prepare for questions based on what you have claimed to have/be.

In my case, as far as i'm concerned, i merely showed up that day. I thank God for ordaining my steps to study what i did, get the job i have and win the lottery. He has been ordering my steps and keeping alive to fulfill the plan.
He that did mine shall also do for those who believe in Him. Amen.

Thank God for your life, I pray those that want to work out their salvation by their strenght will learn from this, it is not by AOS,or by family background, it is of the Lord that showeth mercy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
house, no be me ohhh, will post mine soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
A Guy won the dv 2000 and was looking for an avenue to raise money, he approached all his family members , na so so story den dey talk, he think weting man go do, na so dis idea came to his mind...Sylvester was kidnapped.

Kidnapper called his family member to tell them their kid has been kidnapped

Kidnapper: emm, hello do you know Sylvester
Family : Yes na our son
Kidnapper: ok. we wan let you know say we don kidnapp am
Family : I beg if na joke make you stop am
Kidnapper: You no well, We give you 3 days to come up with 3million or else
Family : bros I beg, i dey come ...he go call other family memeber tell them the story,they ask him him to help them negotiate the price, because if this guy travels abroad he go fit pay back shap shap

2hrs later kidnapper called

Kidnapper: hello are guys ready now?
Family: Bros den say that price too high, make you cut am you Know how the country be,
Kidnapper: ok, Make am 2.5 m
Family: haaaaa bros is till dey too high, I beg make we pay 500,000
Kidnapper:my guy you dey too tight o, ok , make am 1m
Family: bros even the 500k never complete we just have 250k as deposit
Kidnapper: 250k, are u guys serious? well I know how the country be, add 200k on top make the thing close

Family: ok Bros, but no tell Sylvester say na 400k we pay o, tell say na 2.5m,by the time he travel go abroad and send the 2.5m we go give u additional 500k..

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
loconzo00: Hello DV Lottery gurus on this forum,( @adesojiaderemi, @brightmon, @getinger,@tiwanna,@temmytammy and all others) i've got a problem that needs your suggestions and advise.
My wife is the main applicant for dv2013 she has just won. Her number is 11***, very close to 12000.
I guess our number will be current for January.
She is expecting. She is due for early March. We plan to have her delivery in US by His grace.
THE PROBLEM
I currently reside in Europe. I have to be there for the interview in January in Lagos.
My passport is due for submission this month end for processing here in Europe.
It takes an average of 3 months for the processing to complete.
Meaning that my passport will NOT be ready for collection UNTIL the end of January by which time the Lagos green card interview would have passed.
We thought of asking for a reschedule from embassy in Lagos but my fear is that the embassy might issue a new date that might be inconveniently after her delivery due date in which case she will have to deliver in Nigeria and we will have to go through a new round of visa issue for the baby. This we want to avoid at all costs.
We also thought of requesting for a reschedule from Kentucky before our 2NL is ready, but i fear that might jeopardize our chance or we might be referred to Lagos embassy.
Your advise will be much appreciated.
Thanks

If you submitted very early (in may/early june), chances are that you'll get interviewed in January... One question before I move on; Isn't it possible to process your passport in Nigeria? I'm positive that if you came home to renew your passport, it wouldn't take 3 months.

Now, another red flag I'd warn against (stand to b corrected by the house) is that since you haven't gotten your 2nd NL yet, you shouldn't write to the embassy to postpone your interview. Even if you have to reschedule, get your 2nd NL first... And since your wife is expecting in March, I believe God is purposely giving you a January interview date.

But I have to point out that you are working on "many variables"... Your wife may being due for march doesn't mean she can't put to bed earlier. Your interview which you feel comes up in January isn't guaranteed yet (until you get your 2ND NL, all predictions have margins of error) and besides, we don't know airlines' policies on 9month pregnant ladies...

In summary, I advice u renew your passport in Nigeria (for speed of processing, and besides your wife would need your presence)... And please don't write to push your interview forward when you haven't gotten an interview letter yet... And finally, pray about it and let God figure this out for you (instead of trying to figure it out yourself)... You have crossed d greatest hurdle- which is getting selected in d first place... Good luck pal

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ibracadabra:

If you submitted very early (in may/early june), chances are that you'll get interviewed in January... One question before I move on; Isn't it possible to process your passport in Nigeria? I'm positive that if you came home to renew your passport, it wouldn't take 3 months.

Now, another red flag I'd warn against (stand to b corrected by the house) is that since you haven't gotten your 2nd NL yet, you shouldn't write to the embassy to postpone your interview. Even if you have to reschedule, get your 2nd NL first... And since your wife is expecting in March, I believe God is purposely giving you a January interview date.

But I have to point out that you are working on "many variables"... Your wife may being due for march doesn't mean she can't put to bed earlier. Your interview which you feel comes up in January isn't guaranteed yet (until you get your 2ND NL, all predictions have margins of error) and besides, we don't know airlines' policies on 9month pregnant ladies...

In summary, I advice u renew your passport in Nigeria (for speed of processing, and besides your wife would need your presence)... And please don't write to push your interview forward when you haven't gotten an interview letter yet... And finally, pray about it and let God figure this out for you (instead of trying to figure it out yourself)... You have crossed d greatest hurdle- which is getting selected in d first place... Good luck pal

U have spoken well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pls i want to know if one can receive 2NL even when not current.Any experience about this.Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
jidex001: Guys in da house, I have issues with my primary school certificate and even testimonial. All because their was fraud in the school system but because I also attended the same secondary sch. But the school proprietress has decided to give me recommendation letter. What do you think. Pls reply.
u dont need to present primary sch cert
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
pls pals, my case no is 15*** when shd i be expectin my interview letter? i sent my packages in july ending
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Greetings to all forumites.

I think I have cooled down from my chagrin interview experience and I am sober to share it now.
I was actually optimistic of sharing my success story and not my suspense story that is why I haven't shared it yet but I think others can also gain from this if nothing else.

We went to the Embassy with the wife. We interviewed outside of Africa since we live in Europe.
DV lottery and all other immigrant visa categories had priority here so we were whisked into the embassy premises before you knew it. We were asked to match straight to counter X where we presented all our original documents.
We were asked if we brought hard copies of our photos which we did so we handed it over.

The receiving officer went through all our documents and asked us to pay at the cash point and take a set and that we will be called for our interview.
We waited for about 20 - 30 mins and we were called to the counter.

There were two interviewers this time I don't know why.

Co1: Do you intend to tell the truth and nothing else?
We: Yes I do, spouse - yes I do

My fingerprints was taken and followed by my spouse's in that order.

Co2 : How are you in ghanaian language (3ti sen - akan)
Me : Surprised - 3ye (I'm fine Ghana)

Co2: Why do you have your high school certificate laminated
Me: For safekeeping, It was a long time ago 14 years . (I can't remember but my checks later proved my high school laminated all graduate's certificates).

Co1: Do you have any one else to join your applications
Me: No

C01: Is this your wife are you married?

C02: Do you have any children either now or from previous marriages?
We: No

co2: Are you both from same tribe in Ghana

Co2: Why did you study akan when you come from a different region in Ghana.
Me: It is not Akan it is fante, it was mandatory to study the local language of the region you study in back then, don't know if things has changed. (she was a weird type acting like she knows more about Ghana than me. I think she is the reason of my delay and still have to live with the suspense.)

Co1: When did you get married?
Me: Mentioned date and year

Co1: Asked my spouse how we meet
My spouse: Narrated how we met through a mutual friend

Co1: Who is this mutual friend what is he called
My Spouse: Gave name of mutual friend

Co1: How are you related to mutual friend
My spouse: Spouse answered.

Me: I answered

Co1: What are you doing now?
Me: working at Bleep

Co1: What are you working with?
Me : computers

Co1: You are studying information security too?

Co1: How can you work in the south and study in the north at the same time?
Me: It is a distance program.

Co1:What programme was it?
Me: Information Security

Co1: What are you currently doing_
My Spouse: Bleep

Co1 was writing all answers on piece of paper and not typing directly in computer. Don't know why.

Co1: I'm just curious, how come your birth certificate is issued less that a week ago.
Me: The processing delayed because I had to apply for it in Ghana and it took time for some strange reason. My spouse's certificate did not take long. They posted it on friday and I recieved it on monday that is why.

Co1: My colleague will give you a letter and you will hear from us. You did not need provide us with anymore thing.
Me: Thank you.

The paper we were handed said that our application needed further administrative processing. I was worried initially because I thought the people from home hanged me dry with some shoddy documents but when I further researched what administrative processing means. I found out that it was more related to my field of study and field of work.
I have attached the links here to help you. If any of you are in the same field then do not worry, The Lord that has started the good things in our lives will complete it in Jesus' name.
Its also because of our niaja friend and others like him who decided to strap some nasty stuff around his balls and go on a flight with it on christmas day. What a douchebag!
I am not afraid of anything actually, for the record my second 5 year yankey visa expires in a year and a couple of months. 10 years of yankee experience but still more wahala lol. smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

http://www.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/oie/forstu/pdf/tal-students.pdf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
hello house. pls ooooo solvei don come with my problem oo . if the d.o.b on the passport + marriage cert. +affidavit of support tallys without dsp230 for the derivative. hope no problem. cos the cost of change d.o. b for passport fit kill person. i hope they do not confirm all along with dsp 230 of the deivative all information of the principal applicant remain intact. Thanks as usual
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
hello house. pls ooooo i don come with my problem oo . if the d.o.b on the passport + marriage cert. +affidavit of support tallys without dsp230 for the derivative. hope no problem. cos the cost of change d.o. b for passport fit kill person. i hope they do not confirm all along with dsp 230 of the deivative all information of the principal applicant remain intact. Thanks as usual
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hov63: Pls i want to know if one can receive 2NL even when not current.Any experience about this.Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
ksjlar: Greetings to all forumites.

I think I have cooled down from my chagrin interview experience and I am sober to share it now.
I was actually optimistic of sharing my success story and not my suspense story that is why I haven't shared it yet but I think others can also gain from this if nothing else.

We went to the Embassy with the wife. We interviewed outside of Africa since we live in Europe.
DV lottery and all other immigrant visa categories had priority here so we were whisked into the embassy premises before you knew it. We were asked to match straight to counter X where we presented all our original documents.
We were asked if we brought hard copies of our photos which we did so we handed it over.

The receiving officer went through all our documents and asked us to pay at the cash point and take a set and that we will be called for our interview.

WOW!
I noticed some other immigrant visa applicants (not DV) that where being interviewed by two CO's while i was waiting to be interviewed at Lagos embassy.
Turns out it was people that had been filed for -i.e, you married a citizen and he/she filed for you.
The interview was very much like the your described experience - how did you meet, what his/her fathers name, where are the phone records to demonstrate that you two have been communicating, where did the wedding take place, who paid for it.... plenty, plenty questions. Each interview was averaging 20 to 30 minutes after which the two COs would discuss at length.
Funny enough one was black and the other was white.

I pray all goes well for you and your spouse. Keep the faith.

I really have to wonder why they would cross-examine you like that!! DV interview should be strictly "NO LONG THING".
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
ksjlar: Greetings to all forumites.

Co1: Do you intend to tell the truth and nothing else?
We: Yes I do, spouse - yes I do

My fingerprints was taken and followed by my spouse's in that order.

Co2 : How are you in ghanaian language (3ti sen - akan)
Me : Surprised - 3ye (I'm fine Ghana)

Co2: Why do you have your high school certificate laminated
Me: For safekeeping, It was a long time ago 14 years . (I can't remember but my checks later proved my high school laminated all graduate's certificates).

Co1: Do you have any one else to join your applications
Me: No

C01: Is this your wife are you married?

C02: Do you have any children either now or from previous marriages?
We: No

co2: Are you both from same tribe in Ghana

Co2: Why did you study akan when you come from a different region in Ghana.
Me: It is not Akan it is fante, it was mandatory to study the local language of the region you study in back then, don't know if things has changed. (she was a weird type acting like she knows more about Ghana than me. I think she is the reason of my delay and still have to live with the suspense.)

Co1: When did you get married?
Me: Mentioned date and year

Co1: Asked my spouse how we meet
My spouse: Narrated how we met through a mutual friend

Co1: Who is this mutual friend what is he called
My Spouse: Gave name of mutual friend

My spouse: Spouse answered.

Me: I answered

Co1: What are you doing now?
Me: working at Bleep

Co1: What are you working with?
Me : computers

Co1: You are studying information security too?

Co1: How can you work in the south and study in the north at the same time?
Me: It is a distance program.

Co1:What programme was it?
Me: Information Security

Co1: What are you currently doing_
My Spouse: Bleep

Co1 was writing all answers on piece of paper and not typing directly in computer. Don't know why.

Co1: I'm just curious, how come your birth certificate is issued less that a week ago.
Me: The processing delayed because I had to apply for it in Ghana and it took time for some strange reason. My spouse's certificate did not take long. They posted it on friday and I recieved it on monday that is why.

Co1: My colleague will give you a letter and you will hear from us. You did not need provide us with anymore thing.
Me: Thank you.

The paper we were handed said that our application needed further administrative processing. I was worried initially because I thought the people from home hanged me dry with some shoddy documents but when I further researched what administrative processing means. I found out that it was more related to my field of study and field of work.
I have attached the links here to help you. If any of you are in the same field then do not worry, The Lord that has started the good things in our lives will complete it in Jesus' name.
Its also because of our niaja friend and others like him who decided to strap some nasty stuff around his balls and go on a flight with it on christmas day. What a douchebag!
I am not afraid of anything actually, for the record my second 5 year yankey visa expires in a year and a couple of months. 10 years of yankee experience but still more wahala lol. smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

http://www.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/oie/forstu/pdf/tal-students.pdf
Thanks for the information. You will see positive respond by God grace. This is really going to help us on this forum. I read informations on the links and to my understand, During the application processing the SAO make the 50% decision of giving or visa denial and the consular will make the remain decision. If the SAO already deny your application you re still going to be interview even if you produce all the neccessary document, Its still gonna be visa denial but If the SAO already check your application and you re good to go then the consulate check your document its okay, you will be grant a visa. So we selectees should keep praying hard. Please include the SAO in your prayer. We need more interview experience even if its visa denial, share it.. Everything always happen for a reasons.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Yusmash00: I'm sorry to hear about your visa denial. You re a great man for still sharing the story on here. A better choice is coming your way soon. Thanks for the information. This is really going to help us on this forum. I read informations on the links and to my understand, During the application processing the SAO make the 50% decision of giving or visa denial and the consular will make the remain decision. If the SAO already deny your application you re still going to be interview even if you produce all the neccessary document, Its still gonna be visa denial but If the SAO already check your application and you re good to go then the consulate check your document its okay, you will be grant a visa. So we selectees should keep praying hard. Please include the SAO in your prayer. We need more interview experience even if its visa denial, share it.. Everything always happen for a reasons.

He was not denied, still under process. Read his post well oo

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
Can someone please help me out. How long does it take for KCC to notify mail received...I sent my forms and Barcode sheet vial mail attachment to KCC. I am yet to get a notification that it has been received..do I need to send via postal?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
@gentigar,I sent u a mail
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2012
kaygee1977: Can someone please help me out. How long does it take for KCC to notify mail received...I sent my forms and Barcode sheet vial mail attachment to KCC. I am yet to get a notification that it has been received..do I need to send via postal?

Ring +16065267500.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
kaygee1977: Can someone please help me out. How long does it take for KCC to notify mail received...I sent my forms and Barcode sheet vial mail attachment to KCC. I am yet to get a notification that it has been received..do I need to send via postal?

It's not their duty to notify you. It's your duty to enquire from them.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
Yusmash00: Thanks for the information. You will see positive respond by God grace. This is really going to help us on this forum. I read informations on the links and to my understand, During the application processing the SAO make the 50% decision of giving or visa denial and the consular will make the remain decision. If the SAO already deny your application you re still going to be interview even if you produce all the neccessary document, Its still gonna be visa denial but If the SAO already check your application and you re good to go then the consulate check your document its okay, you will be grant a visa. So we selectees should keep praying hard. Please include the SAO in your prayer. We need more interview experience even if its visa denial, share it.. Everything always happen for a reasons.

I don't think you understood what you read. The application has not been denied. It is still undergoing processing. It is called Administrative Processing.
Actually an application is not subjected to SAO until you go for an interview. There are a lot of reasons why an application is subjected to SAO. In my own case I suspect that it is because of my back ground in Info Sec. But other reasons why your application will be subjected to SAO is even if your name sounds like a terrorist, or even if you come from a country where they are anti america. SAO is not uncommon at all so just read and you will find out that it is been used at CO own discretion. If all the checks on you in Washington turns out to be ok, you will be granted the visa. It only takes time, might be from 2 weeks to even 7 months so it takes time that's just all.

But God's timetable is different from mine and their's so no worries.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hello house, how una dey today
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2012
Trezeget: @gentigar,I sent u a mail

I have seen no such mail. Cross check sent folder to confirm delivery.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
@gentigar,pls resend ur email.am siry 4 d inconvinency
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Trezeget: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
@gentigar,but ur email is info.seagate@gmail.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
ksjlar:
I don't think you understood what you read. The application has not been denied. It is still undergoing processing. It is called Administrative Processing.

It is often the case when an applicant for a visa is told that a final decision cannot be made on his visa application immediately. In doing so, the consular officer invokes Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and informs the applicant that the case will be put on hold until the applicant’s eligibility for the visa can be determined. This processing “time-out” is taken frequently: approximately one million visa applications were subjected to 221(g) during 2010. Technically, 221(g) is considered a denial; in subsequent visa applications and registration in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, this must be disclosed. Nevertheless, the overwhelming majority of 221(g) denials are overcome and visas issued.

There are, in essence, two types of 221(g) cases:

1.Washington-related “administrative processing”, in which a clearance or approval is required from an interested agency or agencies in Washington, D.C.
2.Post-related, in which the consular officer requires additional time, information, or documentation before making a final visa decision.

A.Clearances from Washington are required when the applicant presents issues of security, criminality, legal questions, technology exports from the US, other admissibility problems, or is from a country of concern. The question of a security “hit” can arise in a variety of situations, such as potential terrorists, individuals who previously worked as military or other attachés in the US for an unfriendly country, even if that work took place decades before, or even individuals who spent time in certain countries (e.g., Iran). To resolve these issues, a Security Advisory Opinion is needed. Often the “hits” arise because the applicant has a common name: other individuals with the same name are blacklisted, causing cases of mistaken identity or prolonged delays. Suspected criminal activity or ties (e.g., Russian mafia) can also lead to prolonged processing to allow for an investigation. In addition, consular officers refer some legal issues, such as certain material misrepresentations made in a visa application, to Washington for a legal advisory opinion. The application will be held in abeyance until receiving guidance from the Visa Office Advisory Opinion section.

A widely applicable phenomenon has been administrative processing for applicants, usually scientists, researchers, and businessmen, who may be exposed to technologies in the United States which fall under the Technology Alert List. The US does not want sensitive technologies to fall into the wrong hands. In such cases, the applicant is requested to provide an English-language resume, list of publications, and description of the proposed work to be done in the US, which is forwarded to Washington. Individuals who hail from certain countries, such as Iran, Syria, Sudan, must be cleared by Washington. Quite often, these clearances are a formality and simply a question of time to run through the interagency gamut. However, for certain types of clearances, the visa validity period may be limited.

B.Post-related issues can also be broad in scope. They may include investigations or verifications in the home country of the applicant or requests for information or documentation relating to the qualifications of the applicant for a visa. A consular officer may seek to investigate or verify issues such as:

•the legitimacy of a marriage (e.g., send an investigator to the home of the couple applying for a visa);
•employment of an applicant (e.g., calling an applicant’s company to verify that he does work there);
•tax filings or information (e.g., confirming with the tax inspectorate the tax number of an entrepreneur);
•pension fund payments; authenticity of an education document (e.g., sending an inquiry to the Ministry of Education or a school or university to confirm that such a diploma was issued);
•intentions or existence of a sponsor (e.g., calling the United States to speak to the signatory of an affidavit of support);
•or authenticity of a statutory document, such as a marriage, birth, or divorce certificate.

Additional document requests may include:
•a police certificate from a country in which the applicant lived after the age of 16;
•certified copies of court dispositions (arrests, convictions); confirmation of the date of a past departure from the US (e.g. visa overstay);
•employer tax documentation; additional affidavit of support (e.g., consular officer does not believe that the submitted affidavit of support suffices);
•job offer (e.g., a Lottery winner); financial documents (e.g., if the applicant will undergo medical treatment in the U.S.);
•and additional information about the job to be performed in the United States or the employer.

Sometimes, the initiation or outcome of these investigations can be erroneous. For example, a consular officer may mistakenly believe that an applicant has a background in a technology that is on the Technology Alert List; a consular investigator may visit the wrong office address; a secretary who picks up the phone at the applicant’s place of employment may tell the consular caller that no such person works there when in fact the applicant does work there.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
@kemzone thank u 4 d information it really help
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
Can sum1 pls answer ma question. Adey beg waa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=Hov63][/quote]
U cannot receive 2NL if you are not current..No Way
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
hello House am very happy for all your post infact it really help alot because i have been looking for way out since I sent my own updated forms to kcc in july and till now I have not been able to receive any message but my own CN is 7xxx and pls, when should I be expecting my interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hov63: Pls i want to know if one can receive 2NL even when not current.Any experience about this.Thanks
u have 2 wait till when ur number is current.one gets 2NL after kcc had processd ones forms in other 2 gt ready for interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.