Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920221 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2012
femsoj: thanks for the maturity shown in your response.This is a mature and polity way to respond and also to correct someone even if that person is wrong.u are not like some people who are looking for a slite opportunity to insult others(like the person telling me to stop mis leading people)

@ Femsoj... I am sorry if I attacked your person. That was not my intention.. Again, I'm sorry... May God prosper us all in our individual endeavours

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ibracadabra:

@ Femsoj... I am sorry if I attacked your person. That was not my intention.. Again, I'm sorry... May God prosper us all in our individual endeavours
no problem bro,case closed.One Love
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ibracadabra:

nice one bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
About the police report: 2 things -

they actually specified that you should get in from your state of residence if you have stayed there for more than 6 months (i think..), so if you have filled in your ds230 that you were staying in ogun state (for example) for over 6 months, they would expect a police report/certificate from Ogun state.

secondly, you can do it in any state in nigeria BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE AT THE STATE CID department/office. No other unit in the state police command can do this except the STATE CID.
There, they will take your finger prints and send it to Lagos (alagbon abi) where your certificate would be issued. Obviously you will end paying for the cost of mailing the request to Lagos and back along with the normal fee they charge at lagos (plus roger).
i did mine out of Lagos becos i don't stay in Lagos and had indicated that on form 230, and they took it. no hassles.

On the medical all that needs to be said has been said. Prices of the ONLY TWO places designated are posted way back in this thread along with some words of advise temmytanny has re-echoed.

Hope this helps clarifies things.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Don Kool tanxs 4 d post it ll realy help. Hope u ve bought ur air ticket abi wetin u dey wait for? i guess u re still feeling ur guys here in 9ja b4 u jet out lol.wish u all d best bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
Don Kool: About the police report: 2 things -

they actually specified that you should get in from your state of residence if you have stayed there for more than 6 months (i think..), so if you have filled in your ds230 that you were staying in ogun state (for example) for over 6 months, they would expect a police report/certificate from Ogun state.

secondly, you can do it in any state in nigeria BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE AT THE STATE CID department/office. No other unit in the state police command can do this except the STATE CID.
There, they will take your finger prints and send it to Lagos (alagbon abi) where your certificate would be issued. Obviously you will end paying for the cost of mailing the request to Lagos and back along with the normal fee they charge at lagos (plus roger).
i did mine out of Lagos becos i don't stay in Lagos and had indicated that on form 230, and they took it. no hassles.

On the medical all that needs to be said has been said. Prices of the ONLY TWO places designated are posted way back in this thread along with some words of advise temmytanny has re-echoed.

Thanks a lot.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ienny: 6:31am On Oct 18, 2012
@Forumites,pls i urgently need clarification on minimum O'Level requirement. Is nov/dec O'level otherwise known as GCE not acceptable?I think i saw something like dat in kemzo's post in page 65. Must it be may/june WAEC? Please your candid response will be appreciated. Thanxx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nellaluv(f): 7:42am On Oct 18, 2012
ienny: @Forumites,pls i urgently need clarification on minimum O'Level requirement. Is nov/dec O'level otherwise known as GCE not acceptable?I think i saw something like dat in kemzo's post in page 65. Must it be may/june WAEC? Please your candid response will be appreciated. Thanxx

Well check again 'cos its accepted.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Thomby2k12(m): 7:43am On Oct 18, 2012
Please, how do I know if my 2NL has been sent? And where do I go to check it? Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2012
nellaluv:

Well check again 'cos its accepted.

Sometimes Embassy wants to see ur May/June no matter how poor it is. Just want to be sure you finished your high school, it becomes a problem when you have only GCE and no ND or Bsc. They can conclude you didn't do or finish ur High school.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2012
Thomby2k12: Please, how do I know if my 2NL has been sent? And where do I go to check it? Thanks

The very place you got to know you were selected.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2012
ferdiii:

Sometimes Embassy wants to see ur May/June no matter how poor it is. Just want to be sure you finished your high school, it becomes a problem when you have only GCE and no ND or Bsc. They can conclude you didn't do or finish ur High school.

I think you can present testimonial along side with GCE.
Testimonial show that you completed the secondary sch education in a particular secondary sch.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tikky20: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2012
Hello! ppl. I am a DV 2013 selectee from Naija (case number AF0000148*)Though I'm new on this forum, I've been following this forum for a while now. Pls my problems are as follows;
1. I sent my forms to KCC first weeek in July,2012 and in September 28 2012 I got to know I made a few mistakes.First, my first name was mistakenly written in place of my middle name. Second, my native name was not properly written in the DS 230 form
(for instance I just wrote Ogunlade Sola instead of the Ogunlade Olusola on my birth certificate)so I mailed KCC and told them. They asked me to send corrected forms.

2. I sent corrected DS230 form in September, 2012 only to remember that I didn't even sign the corrected one.

My case is current this October but because I just sent the corrected Ds 230 form this September, it won't be possible. I just want to know if I can still hang on to the hope of getting my second notification letter. Pls around when will be sent my 2nd NL and interviewed since I just sent corrected DS230 forms this September? Thank you in advance. God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:30am On Oct 18, 2012
Don Kool: About the police report: 2 things -

This is very helpful don.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by coax: 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
Had my interview yesterday. CO was a true gentleman, and interview was a very short, and smooth one (5 mins max).

what are you going to do in USA.
have you ever been to USA before?
have you ever been arrested?
what's your highest level of education.
when did you finish your highest level of education?

That's it. He congratulated me,and told me what will happen next.

one advise is to make sure all of the translations are 100% accurate. I've seen other applicants were asked to resubmit some of their documents due to inaccurate translation.

Cheers and good luck to all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
coax: Had my interview yesterday. CO was a true gentleman, and interview was a very short, and smooth one (5 mins max).

one advise is to make sure all of the translations are 100% accurate. I've seen other applicants were asked to resubmit some of their documents due to inaccurate translation.

Congrat,u are from which country pls
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
God is perfect, i wish best of luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
coax: Had my interview yesterday. CO was a true gentleman, and interview was a very short, and smooth one (5 mins max).

CONGRATS. IM INTERESTED IN YOUR ANSWER TO THE "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN USA?"

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2012

CONGRATS. IM INTERESTED IN YOUR ANSWER TO THE "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN USA?"
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
sunday45: wao! This forum its wonderful and helpful thanks to those who are contributed massively....... Please i need urgent respond. When i want to send the DSP, is it necessary to include my neco original certificate or i should take it along with me when am going for interview. And moreover, i have 6 credits in my waec and 9 credit in my Neco so i prefer to use Neco what can i do may i send neco or waec? Pls help
my brother sorry you don't need to attach any certificate,when sending your DSP forms.be it originals or photo copy and please make sure that all information about your education on the forms tally with your result.it is well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
[quote author=coax]Had my interview yesterday. CO was a true gentleman, and interview was a very short, and smooth one (5 mins max).

Congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2012

Congratulations!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by coax: 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
femsoj: Congrat,u are from which country pls

Thanks for your kind word, from Iran.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by coax: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
honeydee:

Thanks dude,
Going to work in I.T. (that's what I'm doing now)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2012

congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by honeydee: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
coax:

Thanks dude,
Going to work in I.T. (that's what I'm doing now)

Thanks dear
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tikky20: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pls someone should help out with my questions on page 153. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cry
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2012

Congratulations. I key into your grace.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
@coax. congrats my brother
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hello house I just receive my 2NL... I give God all the glory!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
saddy101: Hello house I just receive my 2NL... I give God all the glory!!!

Congrat. What's your CN and when do you send the form?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2012
Yusmash00:

Congrat. What's your CN and when do you send the form?

I sent my documents back to KCC in July 16. My CN is 4***

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.