Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,207 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922944 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hov63: Pls i want to know if one can receive 2NL even when not current.Any experience about this.Thanks

Chronological Registration and Determining of Rank Numbers
(CT:VISA-754; 07-27-2005)
a. All entries received within the stipulated time period are sorted into six geographic regions, and each entry is assigned an individual number. A computer program especially created for the DV program randomly selects cases from among the entries received for each of the geographic regions. Within each region, the first entry randomly selected will be the first case registered, the second entry selected, the second registration, etc. The selected entries for each region will have a rank order number consisting of two letters followed by eight digits, i.e., AF00000925. The letter codes are:
AF
Africa
AS
Asia
OC
Oceania
EU
Europe;
NA
North America
SA
South America, Central America, and the Caribbean.

b. Each month visa numbers will be allocated to applicants who have been reported documentarily qualified and are within the applicable rank cut-off for that month. Applicants are considered documentarily qualified when the registrant has properly completed and submitted to the KCC all required forms.

a. If a case has been registered, the entrant will be notified electronically via Entrant Status Check. The applicant must then complete the following documents and submit the documents to KCC along with two photographs:
(1) Form DSP-122, Supplemental Registration for the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program; and
(2) Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Part I and II. If the applicant will complete Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, instructions will be provided to the entrant.

b. The KCC will continue to process the entry until those registered are entitled to make a formal application for visa issuance at a U.S. consular office abroad, or an adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the United States.

CREATION OF IMMIGRANT VISA FILE
(CT:VISA-754; 07-27-2005)
The KCC will create a DV immigrant visa (IV) file on the principal applicant and qualifying dependents. These files will be shipped to post prior to the visa interview. In cases where a potentially disqualifying factor has been identified at the KCC during case creation, a note will be made in the electronic case file. The file folder will then be stamped “KCC FPU Reviewed” and a red memorandum noting the existence of the disqualifying factor will be included in the paper file for post action.

Clearances
a. The KCC conducts Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) name checks on all applicants and submits Visas Eagle Security Advisory Opinion (SAOs) where required. For applicants determined to require a SAO other than a Visas Eagle, an electronic note is made in the case record. You must make the final determination as to whether an SAO is required.

b. Extracts of DV cases are electronically forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC), where an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) processes national crime information center (NCIC) clearances. When a valid hit is identified on an applicant, an NCIC extract is printed and forwarded to KCC for inclusion in the case file. Posts must then take fingerprints, and forward them to the NVC so that the hit may be confirmed

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
saakeem2003: hello House am very happy for all your post infact it really help alot because i have been looking for way out since I sent my own updated forms to kcc in july and till now I have not been able to receive any message but my own CN is 7xxx and pls, when should I be expecting my interview?
u ll gt ur 2NL soonest i want to believe kcc ll start sending 2NL dis week. good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
temmytanny: 5working days
@temmytanny .I received a mail from kKc that I should include my DOB....which 1 should I use..d original 1 or d 1 as principal applicant (the 1 I explained to u abt d agent).?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
idoo4love: @temmytanny .I received a mail from kKc that I should include my DOB....which 1 should I use..d original 1 or d 1 as principal applicant (the 1 I explained to u abt d agent).?
dnt complicate or implicate urself d DOB u re to snd is d one u used as d principal applicant i.e d DOB used when u registerd.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Thank you so much am happy foor your reply. pls i still have one question in a family of 5 who are going for interview are they all going to pay $330 each? or only the principal selectee
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Tnx 4 da confirmation and reply.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
saakeem2003: Thank you so much am happy foor your reply. pls i still have one question in a family of 5 who are going for interview are they all going to pay $330 each? or only the principal selectee
Thanks
Be prepared my brother $330 times 5 = $1650 God ll provide
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bakorede(m): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
brightmon:
thats not me ohhh, its a DV Interview from another forum and i felt the house will need it.
which forum is dat?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
saakeem2003: hello House am very happy for all your post infact it really help alot because i have been looking for way out since I sent my own updated forms to kcc in july and till now I have not been able to receive any message but my own CN is 7xxx and pls, when should I be expecting my interview?

interview ought to be november.keep checking,it will come.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Bakorede: which forum is dat?

forums.immigration.com

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by winbyforce: 3:08am On Oct 16, 2012
Hi guys,I'm winning by God's grace come October 22,2012 5pm

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 4:58am On Oct 16, 2012
ferdiii:

Come to Nigeria and process your passport and get interviewed. In Nigeria you get a passport in some hours.

thanks a lot
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:01am On Oct 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

My candid advice is that your wife should procees her visa with the kids, then you can join them latter, getting US visa is not that difficult in europe and above all comitt everything to God's hand He will surely work it out.

Thanks a lot brother. I'm believing God for wisdom and good turn of events.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:14am On Oct 16, 2012
Ibracadabra:

If you submitted very early (in may/early june), chances are that you'll get interviewed in January... One question before I move on; Isn't it possible to process your passport in Nigeria? I'm positive that if you came home to renew your passport, it wouldn't take 3 months.

Now, another red flag I'd warn against (stand to b corrected by the house) is that since you haven't gotten your 2nd NL yet, you shouldn't write to the embassy to postpone your interview. Even if you have to reschedule, get your 2nd NL first... And since your wife is expecting in March, I believe God is purposely giving you a January interview date.

But I have to point out that you are working on "many variables"... Your wife may being due for march doesn't mean she can't put to bed earlier. Your interview which you feel comes up in January isn't guaranteed yet (until you get your 2ND NL, all predictions have margins of error) and besides, we don't know airlines' policies on 9month pregnant ladies...

In summary, I advice u renew your passport in Nigeria (for speed of processing, and besides your wife would need your presence)... And please don't write to push your interview forward when you haven't gotten an interview letter yet... And finally, pray about it and let God figure this out for you (instead of trying to figure it out yourself)... You have crossed d greatest hurdle- which is getting selected in d first place... Good luck pal

Hmmm. Those are impressive pointers to noteworthy areas.
Well noted brother.
To make it clearer my passport is not being submitted for renewal but for processing of stay extension which is due at this time. Its unavoidable. Moreover, a bird in hand they say is better than millions in the bush.
I appreciate how u have shed light on this issue.
God bless.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by yembe2013(m): 6:20am On Oct 16, 2012
Good morning forumites,Shey this visa bulletin of a thing, just confusing,

Nov Bulletin DV category
AFRICA 13,900 Except: Egypt 6,600
Ethiopia 9,100
Nigeria 8,500

December Bulletin DV category
AFRICA 15,500 Except: Egypt 8,300
Ethiopia 14,800
Nigeria 10,000

this don di go over 40,000 together with October Bulletin DV category, NA WAH OHH!!!
The waiting goes on anyways
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2012
Gentiger:

It's not their duty to notify you. It's your duty to enquire from them.

I sent mine ( twice ) through e mail attachment and an aknowledgment was sent suprisingly less than 24 hours but for the second mail while i got a reply for the first mail though the names on the mail ( KCC staff ) was different.

To give you the necessary rest of mind, you can call in to be on a safer side which to me will not include send my post. The mail option remains the easiest, cheapest and fastest devoid of delay with postal application because of physical paper work involved.

ONCE THE E MAIL ID IS CORRECT AND THE MAIL IS NOT RETURNED, KEEP CALM AND BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF TECHNOLOGY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2012
brightmon: A DV 2013 Interview in Nairobi and Lagos.
had my interview in Nairobi today.
i was called for the interview which was
very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2. do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.
thank you all for your prayers and may you
also be successful DV2013AF00002787
Interview: 11th Oct 2012 8am......Got the
VISA.....Thank you lord.
Visa Pickup: Wednesday Oct 17th
Another interview in Lagos.
Good day friends
This is my first time of posting into this
page.
I was selected for DV2013 and my
interview was held yesterday.
But ............................. Hold your breath a while! It did lasted for
less tah 7 minutes. Find below the
questions the CO asked.
My CN: 2013AF000018**
Interview date 11/10/2003
Me: Good day CO: Noded her head in response
CO: Call your family members
Me: I did
CO: Raise up your right hands
WE: We did
WE: We took a pledge that we would say nothing but the truth and we had our
fingers print
CO: Asked my wife and kids to get seated
CO: Are you the principal applicant?
Me: Yes
CO: Tell me a brief history of yourself starting from secondary school days till
date
Me: I did
CO: Where are you working?
Me: Dangote I said.
CO: Which of the business organisations of Dangote?
Me: I told her
CO: What is your wife doing?
Me: Trader
CO: What kind of commodity does she
sell. Me: Diaphers
CO: How much do you earn om monthly
basis?
Me: I told her
CO: Call me your wife
CO: Hello madam Wife: Good morning
CO: What do you do for a living?
Wife: I am a trader
CO: What do you trade in?
Wife: Diaphers and Noodles
CO: Location? Wife: She responded
CO: When did you get married
Me: December 20**
CO: Do you have weeding pics to prove it?
ME: I gave her the pics
CO: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! CO: Come back on so so date for your visa.
Thank you all. I appreciate this forum. I
had the interview same day with my friend
and he was also successful. America here
we come
Thanks a lot.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2012
Hello Guys,

whe do i receive my 2NL my case number is 14,Bleep i have sent my form TO KCC on June 11 and they already confirmed and told me it is acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. i'm from Ethiopia and Dec cut-off-number is below 14,800

do you think i will receive before end of this month?

please advice

Mega Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2012
imraneth: Hello Guys,

we do i receive my 2NL my case number is 14,Bleep i have sent my form TO KCC on June 11 and they already confirmed and told me it is acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. i'm from Ethiopia and Dec cut-off-number is below 14,800

do you think i will receive before end of this month?

please advice

Mega Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Current number for Ethiopia in Nov is 9100, you should be looking forward to March/April next year.

Not for Nov it is for December bro... not next year my interview is in Dec this yea check the visa bullietin ...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
Does this mean that case number of 10000 below will be notify for their interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
imraneth:

Not for Nov it is for December bro... not next year my interview is in Dec this yea check the visa bullietin ...

Sorry I have this from the bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Section 203(c) of the INA provides up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit additional immigration opportunities for persons from countries with low admissions during the previous five years. The NACARA stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This resulted in reduction of the DV-2013 annual limit to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
Ethiopia 9,100
Nigeria 8,500
ASIA 2,350
EUROPE 7,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 400
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2013 program ends as of September 30, 2013. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2013 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2013 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2013. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2013 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Ethiopia 14,800
Nigeria 10,000
ASIA 2,700
EUROPE 9,250
OCEANIA 500
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 700
D. EXTENSON OF TWO EMPLOYMENT VISA CATEGORIES
An extension of both the Employment Fourth Preference Certain Religious Workers (SR) and Employment Fifth Preference Pilot (I5 and R5) Categories was signed into law in late September. As indicated in item D of the Visa Bulletin which announced the October cut-off dates, the extension resulted in those categories immediately becoming “Current” for October.

E. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs publishes the monthly Visa Bulletin on their website at www.travel.state.gov under the Visas section. Alternatively, visitors may access the Visa Bulletin directly by going to:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

To be placed on the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, please send an E-mail to the following E-mail address:

listserv@calist.state.gov

and in the message body type:
Subscribe Visa-Bulletin First name/Last name
(example: Subscribe Visa-Bulletin Sally Doe)

To be removed from the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, send an e-mail message to the following E-mail address:

and in the message body type: Signoff Visa-Bulletin

The Department of State also has available a recorded message with visa cut-off dates which can be heard at: (202) 663-1541. The recording is normally updated by the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

Readers may submit questions regarding Visa Bulletin related items by E-mail at the following address:

VISABULLETIN@STATE.GOV

(This address cannot be used to subscribe to the Visa Bulletin.)

Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: October 9, 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
Bro My cn is 00009***
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by garvins: 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
Does di mean i will be scheduled? Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow
several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based
on case numbers that have completed processing. ........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2012
garvins: Bro My cn is 00009***
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Sorry I have this from the bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Section 203(c) of the INA provides up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit additional immigration opportunities for persons from countries with low admissions during the previous five years. The NACARA stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This resulted in reduction of the DV-2013 annual limit to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Ethiopia 9,100
Nigeria 8,500
ASIA 2,350
EUROPE 7,000
OCEANIA 400
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500

Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2013 program ends as of September 30, 2013. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2013 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2013 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2013. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2013 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Ethiopia 14,800
Nigeria 10,000
ASIA 2,700
EUROPE 9,250
OCEANIA 500
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 700
D. EXTENSON OF TWO EMPLOYMENT VISA CATEGORIES
An extension of both the Employment Fourth Preference Certain Religious Workers (SR) and Employment Fifth Preference Pilot (I5 and R5) Categories was signed into law in late September. As indicated in item D of the Visa Bulletin which announced the October cut-off dates, the extension resulted in those categories immediately becoming “Current” for October.

E. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs publishes the monthly Visa Bulletin on their website at www.travel.state.gov under the Visas section. Alternatively, visitors may access the Visa Bulletin directly by going to:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

To be placed on the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, please send an E-mail to the following E-mail address:

and in the message body type:
Subscribe Visa-Bulletin First name/Last name
(example: Subscribe Visa-Bulletin Sally Doe)

To be removed from the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, send an e-mail message to the following E-mail address:

and in the message body type: Signoff Visa-Bulletin

The Department of State also has available a recorded message with visa cut-off dates which can be heard at: (202) 663-1541. The recording is normally updated by the middle of each month with information on cut-off dates for the following month.

Readers may submit questions regarding Visa Bulletin related items by E-mail at the following address:

VISABULLETIN@STATE.GOV

(This address cannot be used to subscribe to the Visa Bulletin.)

Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO: October 9, 2012

so this means people in ethiopia having case number less that 14,800 will have their interview in Dec right?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
imraneth:

so this means people in ethiopia having case number less that 14,800 will have their interview in Dec right?

I guess they may,but sometimes the bulletin is just to give you an idea of when you should be having your int,it may not be accurate due to some variables.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I guess they may,but sometimes the bulletin is just to give you an idea of when you should be having your int,it may not be accurate due to some variables.

so are we going to receive 2NL now ? in this Month? Thanks Bro for your promptness!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Selam: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
hi Nairaland guys am not received the second letter my file number AF00019xxx i sent my document may 29,i called kcc 2 times am not received ab 2 know she told me the kcc lady u waiting ab 2 October 15 so what can i do guys
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
imraneth:

so are we going to receive 2NL now ? in this Month? Thanks Bro for your promptness!!!

I will advice you mail kcc again, my interview was supposed to due in Oct I mailed them twice, they later confirmed that my interview was schedule for dec 27, it was 10 days later I received notification by mail.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2012
Selam: hi Nairaland guys am not received the second letter my file number AF00019xxx i sent my document may 29,i called kcc 2 times am not received ab 2 know she told me the kcc lady u waiting ab 2 October 15 so what can i do guys

is you case number AF00019xxx or you mean AF0009xxx?? if it is AF00019xxx KCC do not start sending 2NL for this case number.

Selam>> i guess you are from ethiopia like me, ethiopian cut-off-number for Nov is 9,100 and for Dec is 14,800 so i think you are not in this range.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I will advice you mail kcc again, my interview was supposed to due in Oct I mailed them twice, they later confirmed that my interview was schedule for dec 27, it was 10 days later I received notification by mail.
sorry pls,did u mean Nov 27 or Dec 27

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.