Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (919689 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2012
Hello House, Is there any difference between Police Character Certificate and Police Certificate? ur opinion, Thx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 2:20am On Oct 20, 2012
malcon:

2 passport photo u.s. size
international passport
1 photocopy of the passport data page
printed copy of the 2nl
some cash say 28500naira

God bless you... You've been most helpful... Could u also enlighten me on the police report breakdown requirements for Alagbon?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 3:29am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=foworola]

dont know if this is still useful, the uk experience was quite nice. i was scared cos my hubby and i though had a son, was not legally married when we applied and when we won. we quickly went to hammersmith reg to tie the knot in an official way and put 2 dates of marriage an earlier one before the lottery which was actually our nigeria introduction and the rush rush official. u can imagine my fear but we were not asked a single question on it.

the only question my hubby was asked was to confirm the university and course he did for both his first degree and masters. that was all about the interview. the guy didnt even scrutinize the aos form, just glanced through! hope this helps

Your reply wasn't too late and thanks for the information. About the police report, have already make arraignment for that asin I send our old PR back to nigeria so that they can renew it for us. Foworola, I will like to have your email address. Thanks and God bless u and your family.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 5:38am On Oct 20, 2012
Ibracadabra: Good evening everybody... I want to inquire from those who hv done their medicals what to take along with me for mine. I know I need to take 2 passport photographs and my intl' passport. Wanna know if I need to print out any forms or if I could just walk into any of d two hospitals with my passport n passports... Thanks

Don't forget your immunization record(s).
Without this, they will pump full of immunization shots that will cost a pretty penny!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 6:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Don Kool:

Don't forget your immunization record(s).
Without this, they will pump full of immunization shots that will cost a pretty penny!
what do u mean by immunization records,pls hw much ll it cost.tanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 6:13am On Oct 20, 2012
Ibracadabra:

God bless you... You've been most helpful... Could u also enlighten me on the police report breakdown requirements for Alagbon?

Medical Examination forms
All visa applicants must have a completed medical report from a designated medical facility (PDF 90KB) before they are eligible for an interview. Medical reports from other medical centers will not be honored. A Medical Report is valid for six months from the date of the physical. Please ensure that your Medical Report is still valid before you arrive at the port of entry in the United States. [Click to open “ Medical Examination” http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/231771/Public/MedicalExamination2012_001.pdf ]

Police Report request from the Nigerian Police
Each visa applicant must have a completed police report for any country in which he or she has lived for more than six months when they were over the age of 16. The packet below should be used for Nigerian police reports. It is the applicant’s responsibility to collect these reports from every country in which he or she has lived. [Click to open “Police Certificate” http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/qhnToV-LS3ppFYfjZ3dHwA/Police_Certificate.pdf]

Source: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by omega7ky: 6:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=omega7ky][/quote]

On November 2, 2009, CDC issued the HIV Final Rule removing HIV infection from the definition of communicable disease of public health significance effective January 4, 2010. It removed HIV infection as a ground of ineligibility under 42 CFR 34 and serologic testing for HIV from the scope of the medical examination for immigration purposes. However, for applicants who may benefit from being tested for HIV, the panel physician may counsel the applicant about HIV, and may administer an HIV serologic test, if the applicant consents to the testing. The panel physician must also inform the applicant that they do not have to be tested for HIV and that the results of the HIV serologic testing will be provided to the consular section processing his or her visa application as part of the visa medical examination packet of forms.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4631.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:17am On Oct 20, 2012
malcon:

international passport
printed copy of the 2nl
some cash say 28500naira

nice info.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2012
malcon:

international passport
printed copy of the 2nl
some cash say 28500naira

Those 28500naira, include immunization record ??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
what do u mean by immunization records,pls hw much ll it cost.tanx

I meant a record of the immunization shots you have taken to-date. In the medicals, they will take your blood, take x-ray of your chest (adults only - mantux test for kids), check your immunization records, get your medical history and do physical exam of your body).
If you do not have a record of your immunization (or just haven't taken any immunization) then they will give you a yellow card and give you the necessary shots you need for your destination (in this case - america).
If you have a record of shots you have taken (usually recorded on the yellow card), they will review it to see if they are any missing shots you need to take.
Just talk to any doctor around you, they will give you further details.
i only know of yellow fever as a mandatory shot one must get, the others are usually determined by the destination or your present country of residence.

The issue i was highlighting is that some of their prices for the immunization shots are on the high side, so it's safer to have taken them wherever you can and just show the evidence to them at your chosen venue. it's perfectly acceptable, otherwise, you'll take them during your medicals and pay their own price.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2012
jidex001:

Don Kool:

@ the children place ikoyi-
Adult - 12K each
Children -7K each

immunization (if necessary) costs are separate but not cheap. some are as high as 25K per shot!
Word of advice for those who are financially constrained, get all your shots before you show up there!
Results are valid for 6 months.

Guess he has included it though like i said, depends on what types of shots (if any) they ask you to take.

I'm scanning thru old post 'cos i know there were some quality info on this back then:
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 8:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Kemzone2003: [/b]

May vary due to different scenerio.How? I called one of the Designated Clinics for Info.Here is the breakdown

1.Medical Examination(N12,000)
The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests for syphilis.The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external Instruments

Note: The medical examination is not a complete physical examination. Its purpose is to screen for certain medical conditions relevant to U.S. immigration law. The panel physician is not required to examine you for any conditions except those the U.S. Public Health Service specifies for U.S. immigration purposes, nor is the physician required to provide you with diagnosis or treatment even though other matters related to your health might be discovered. This examination is not a substitute for a full physical examination, consultation, diagnosis, or treatment by your primary health care provider.

2.Vaccination...(Total Quote for all N16,500 but Ur cost will depend on u record of vaccination)
The following vaccinations are required for immigration purposes:
•Hepatitis A
•Hepatitis B
•Influenza
•Influenza type b (Hib)
•Measles
•Meningococcal
•Mumps
•Penumococcal
•Pertussis
•Polio
•Rotavirus
•Rubella
•Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
•Varicella

If the applicant does not have a vaccination record,The panel physician will work with the applicant to determine which vaccinations the applicant may need to meet vaccination requirements and also Cost

Words of the US Travels Strictly and Info from official designated Clinic Office
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

Found it!
I suggest you compliment the author's effort by also calling the clinic you plan to visit for more info 'cos i seem to remember the pneumococal costing like 25K!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by titiumo: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2012
pls am from nigeria my CN is 00OO16xxxwhen should i expect my interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2012
Ibracadabra:

police report breakdown

international passport
some cash say 5500naira
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2012
jidex001:

yes

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2012
titi umo: pls am from nigeria my CN is 00OO16xxxwhen should i expect my interview?
When did you sent your forms back to kcc
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saakeem2003: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2012
Has anybody receive his/her 2nl in nigeria in the month of october?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 10:30am On Oct 20, 2012
jidex001:

i'm writing out of experience. i had no medical record or any history, and i showed up for visa medical at consultant practice/children pracitce one of the u. s. recommendated hospital. it only cost me 28500naira

12000naira for registration payable in their zenith bank account
16500naira for immunization depending on the response to the medical history questions asked by the doctor. my answers was No to all cos i can remember taking any vaccine in the past.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2012
Hello House, Is there any difference between Police Character Certificate and Police Certificate?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by preprewow: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2012
Hi guys!
Im really need your help because im so confused on what to do next. I ve came to know that US embassy in nairobi wont issue a visa to applicants less than grade C plain in K.C.S.E. I got less than C plain because i was sick( permanent hearing loss) but thanks God, iam partially deaf now. Before that exam, my performance was good(used to get B+). Another thing im confused with is that i've applied Dv 2013 with my K.C.S.E certifate and sudanase passport though iam sudanase but lives in kenya since the age of 6 and my education certificates are kenyan certificates. Is there a problem with that? Because some people telling me that i did a mistake by doing that but i've applied with honestly as we know that 'honest is the best policy' so what should i do now? Should i quit and start applying Dv 2014 or continue with processing of Dv 2013? PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HELP ME OUT OOO
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
tycoon77:

your case is not high...

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
atseyi: Hello House, Is there any difference between Police Character Certificate and Police Certificate?

walk to any police station close to your home and ask any of the police personnel found there,you will get to knw the difference. As for Dv lottery go to alagbon police head quater lagos and get your police clearance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 10:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
helo house,i read through what foworola wrote here some hours ago and temmy respond that it cant work here in lagos,cos i av similar isue,i won as pricipal applicant,when we register for the dv in 2011 we register as married cos we gt married 4 years ago but not legaly done,my hubby just paid my bride price to my parent,but we plan it in a biger form but my dad loose his junior bro,so my dad decide that we should make it a parlour stuff so my hubby came with his parent and make the bride price done,because tht was the most important thing in our own town,so immediatly i got to his house i went to high court justice for changing of name affidavit to my hubby name,ever since av been using his name in all my document and we also have a 3years old child,so when the result came out we make legal,hope we are good to go?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=foworola]
ogun_karen@yahoo.co.uk[/quo

Thanks Foworola, just mail u now pls check ur mail box.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2012
Pls can any1 tell me when is likely i get my 2nl. My CN 000005** my forms were delivered on the 10th of this month. Thanks in advance!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
dammymye: Pls can any1 tell me when is likely i get my 2nl. My CN 000005** my forms were delivered on the 10th of this month. Thanks in advance!

Be patience for kcc to process your documents
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 1:36am On Oct 21, 2012
please i need this urgently, what are we going to send with the downloaded DSP forms after fillin it?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2012
sunday45: please i need this urgently, what are we going to send with the downloaded DSP forms after fillin it?

Nothing. Just the forms only with 2 passport photos.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 7:18am On Oct 21, 2012
sunday45: please i need this urgently, what are we going to send with the downloaded DSP forms after fillin it?

2 passports and the barcode sheet.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:25am On Oct 21, 2012
to add to what Gentiger said u ll also need 2 send ur bar code i.e 1NL wth d FORMS

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.