Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:14 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941510 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by godcherisher: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
Larissa2x: Hi, pls does any one know if we have to pay the visa application fee in Dollars or if we can pay in the currency of the country we are having the interview in (the UK, in my case)?

You can pay the $330 fee with your debit/credit card at the US embassy in London
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lillaowow(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
seal777: Did anyone noticed that the information concerning selection of additional winners in October on the DV website has changed?. Meaning, there is not more additional selection of winner again for 2013.

Someone should please confirm this.
DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep
your confirmation number until at least
September 2013, even if you were not
selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of
State may select more DV 2013 entries on
October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight
Time (EDT) (GMT-4).

I saw that on dia website just now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
seal777: Did anyone noticed that the information concerning selection of additional winners in October on the DV website has changed?. Meaning, there is not more additional selection of winner again for 2013.

Someone should please confirm this.

The information is still there only that u won't see it on the front page,u will have to put ur confirmation number and other details where u will see HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED page there u will see the October selection notice....whether is there or not,the selection was a statement of probability and not certainty. 5pm tomorrow is less than 24hours,so lets keep our fingers crossed cos i have a very strong faith that the selection will hold and i will be a winner in Jesus Name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
mannet:

The information is still there only that u won't see it on the front page,u will have to put ur confirmation number and other details where u will see HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED page there u will see the October selection notice....whether is there or not,the selection was a statement of probability and not certainty. 5pm tomorrow is less than 24hours,so lets keep our fingers crossed cos i have a very strong faith that the selection will hold and i will be a winner in Jesus Name.

Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Larissa2x: 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
godcherisher:

You can pay the $330 fee with your debit/credit card at the US embassy in London

Thanx a million, man.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Larissa2x: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Don Kool:

In nigeria, we have the option of paying in dollars or the equivalent in naira.
You could try calling the embassy (US embassy in UK) and asking to be absolutely sure.

Thank you. I will.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
godcherisher:

Larissa2x:

Thanx a million, man.

@Larissa and Godcherisher, pls can we hook up? Am also a winner in UK, u can mail me at olamurphyola@gmail.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 1:08am On Oct 22, 2012
Good day folks... I'm planning a trip to Lagos- so I have my medicals and do d police report there. Because I don't live there, I'm making inquiries from some of you about a few things so I plan my trip well. My interview is in 4 weeks from now. I want to know how long (on d average) it takes to get d medicals and police report done... If I go to lag 2 weeks to my interview, would it b too late to get everything (medicals n police report) done in time? Or is it advisable to just go now... Making two trips would tell on me financially- so I'm trying to- proverbially speaking- kill 2 birds with a single stone...

What do u advice is d best course of action? Go now or wait a week or two?

Thank you for your usual assistance
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:00am On Oct 22, 2012
Ibracadabra: Good day folks... I'm planning a trip to Lagos- so I have my medicals and do d police report there. Because I don't live there, I'm making inquiries from some of you about a few things so I plan my trip well. My interview is in 4 weeks from now. I want to know how long (on d average) it takes to get d medicals and police report done... If I go to lag 2 weeks to my interview, would it b too late to get everything (medicals n police report) done in time? Or is it advisable to just go now... Making two trips would tell on me financially- so I'm trying to- proverbially speaking- kill 2 birds with a single stone...

I will advice you, please go to lagos Now. Well I think police report is like a day or 2days and medical is like 4days. What if their is delay. Which we don't pray for. God will provide for you financially.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Ibracadabra: Good day folks... I'm planning a trip to Lagos- so I have my medicals and do d police report there. Because I don't live there, I'm making inquiries from some of you about a few things so I plan my trip well. My interview is in 4 weeks from now. I want to know how long (on d average) it takes to get d medicals and police report done... If I go to lag 2 weeks to my interview, would it b too late to get everything (medicals n police report) done in time? Or is it advisable to just go now... Making two trips would tell on me financially- so I'm trying to- proverbially speaking- kill 2 birds with a single stone...

Consider this also - your medical is valid for 6 months, so you have 6 months from it date of issue to leave for the US, IF not you'll need to repeat it.
Aside from this fact, my belief is the earlier the better.

I did my police report in Rivers state and it came back within a week though they had said it would take two weeks. (the point of whether to do it in lagos or where u r staying depends on the individual becos even though you'll still have to go to Lagos for the medicals, if one was staying in like Kano and low on bucks, then the convenience of doing it close to home will be a factor i guess)
Medicals is three days (@the consultant practice ikoyi). You appear first day for the test and comeback two days later for the result.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2012
Hello Guys, do you think X-ray for pregnant women it is safe ?? during medical test. my wife is pregnant and we are going for medical this week i'm worried. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2012
comlucky: Hello house,
My case number is 2013AF00034xxx,i want to know when exactly should i post my documents to KCC ??
Then secondly,i have 2 passes in wassce but i have 6 years working experience in telecommunication company as INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS(ISP) NETWORK TECHNICIAN.Pls i need ur advise on this 2 questions
thnx.

Unfortunately the Job Zone Three: Medium Preparation less than 4 required for experience...There is a Thin line to exploit,Have you registered for WAEC OR NECO GCE or NABTEB 2012...IF YES YOU MIGHT GET THE REQUIRED 5 CREDIT FROM IT AND PROCEED.All the Best

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/49-2022.00#JobZone

Summary Report for:
49-2022.00 - Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
Install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment used in central offices or headends. Service or repair telephone, cable television, Internet, and other communications equipment on customers' property. May install communications equipment or communications wiring in buildings.

Sample of reported job titles: Central Office Technician, Install / Repair Technician, Service Technician, Installer, Telecommunications Technician, Customer Service Technician (CST), Combination Technician, Field Technician, Communications Technician, Outside Plant Technician
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2012
Don Kool:

Consider this also - your medical is valid for 6 months, so you have 6 months from it date of issue to leave for the US, IF not you'll need to repeat it.
Aside from this fact, my belief is the earlier the better.

I did my police report in Rivers state and it came back within a week though they had said it would take two weeks. (the point of whether to do it in lagos or where u r staying depends on the individual becos even though you'll still have to go to Lagos for the medicals, if one was staying in like Kano and low on bucks, then the convenience of doing it close to home will be a factor i guess)
Medicals is three days (@the consultant practice ikoyi). You appear first day for the test and comeback two days later for the result.

Thank you very much... I think I'll just Ĝø this week and get it off my chest, then return for the interview... It appears the safest option.. Thank you again and God bless you... Have u had your interview or are you waiting? Goodluck if you're still awaiting yours
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2012
jidex001:

I will advice you, please go to lagos Now. Well I think police report is like a day or 2days and medical is like 4days. What if their is delay. Which we don't pray for. God will provide for you financially.

Thanks bro... I'll follow your advice. I wouldn't sacrifice this opportunity on the altar of finance... Have u had your interview or you're still awaiting yours? All the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2012
@imraneth Hi bro how r u,
Generally x ray is safe during pregnancy but there were some controversial studies on the topic,some say the safety depends on the kind of x ray and how many weeks is the pregnancy and the others(the majority) says its totally safe so bro i advise you that when you go to your medicals tell the x ray technician that your wife is pregnant so that he use some more shield and protection for the baby. Good luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 8:50am On Oct 22, 2012
emebeteaderashn: @imraneth Hi bro how r u,
Generally x ray is safe during pregnancy but there were some controversial studies on the topic,some say the safety depends on the kind of x ray and how many weeks is the pregnancy and the others(the majority) says its totally safe so bro i advise you that when you go to your medicals tell the x ray technician that your wife is pregnant so that he use some more shield and protection for the baby. Good luck

Thanks in advance dear, she is now 4 month. what about the medical exam ? i'm worried. is their a case in which some bad result comes ? i mean what is the medical include ? betam yasiferal. medical lay chigir yemiyagatimewu sewu yinoral ayide? thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2012
mannet:

You are Very correct. All the best to those expecting more selections and same to those of us who have been selected but awaiting interview date.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2012
imraneth: Hello Guys, do you think X-ray for pregnant women it is safe ?? during medical test. my wife is pregnant and we are going for medical this week i'm worried. Thanks

There are set of instructions for pregnant women on the medical forms. Consult your doctor for further medical advice.

I will strongly advice individuals not to render medical advice except they are qualified and licensed medical practitioners.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2012

my candid advise,go now the earlier the better cos alot of people come for same u.s. visa medicals both nonimmigrants and immigrants like you, and there are only two approved hospital for that.it is first come first serve using tally number. for police report no much problem but will still advise you to do it now as well so as to rest you mind till the interview day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2012
emebeteaderashn: @imraneth Hi bro how r u,

Do not give medical counsel except you are a licensed medical practitioner. 'Some say...' is not a good reference point. Refer her to a qualified medical practitioner for advice. Safety of life is involved here therefore play safe. Thanks bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by malcon: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2012
imraneth: Hello Guys, do you think X-ray for pregnant women it is safe ?? during medical test. my wife is pregnant and we are going for medical this week i'm worried. Thanks

your wife is not the first pregnant woman for u.s. visa medicals,the physicians there knows all these, so worry not cos they will advise you better but dnt forget to make it known to them before the x-ray.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2012
OK GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE.

MEGA THANKS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2012
PLS is anyone from Nigeria with case number between the range of 8500-10000 that has receive his or her 2NL.Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2012
femsoj: PLS is anyone from Nigeria with case number between the range of 8500-10000 that has receive his or her 2NL.Thanks

Not yet. Am still eagerly waiting and hoping that before weekend 2NL will surface.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Gentiger:

Not yet. Am still eagerly waiting and hoping that before weekend 2NL will surface.
Thanks for the reply.my case no is 97**.i called KCC on Friday and the lady that spoke with me said that i should be able to get my 2NL before the end of this week.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2012
femsoj: Thanks for the reply.my case no is 97**.i called KCC on Friday and the lady that spoke with me said that i should be able to get my 2NL before the end of this week.
when did you send your form back to kcc please
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2012
Ibracadabra:

Thanks bro... I'll follow your advice. I wouldn't sacrifice this opportunity on the altar of finance... Have u had your interview or you're still awaiting yours? All the best

I will current in January by God's grace. I sent My form late and that was in september. But with God all things are possible. My bro, I wish u all the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2012
look4all: when did you send your form back to kcc please
I sent it on May 26,but KCC acknowlegde that they receive it on june16
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
Gentiger:

Do not give medical counsel except you are a licensed medical practitioner. 'Some say...' is not a good reference point. Refer her to a qualified medical practitioner for advice. Safety of life is involved here therefore play safe. Thanks bro.
You are right bro but i know What am talking about.fyi am now a graduating clinical pharmay student in a university.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imraneth(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
emebeteaderashn >> what are the medical tests? TB, sifilias ...etc. i'm really scared about the medical ? do you think the is a bad out come ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nihho(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
nihho: please
nairalands i won d dvlottery but i don't know when my interview falls
and my case number is 2013AF0000810...i want to know when my interview
date falls and when am i going to recieve the appointment letter,is it
via email or po.box....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hello Aoz, I'm SSCE holder. I never checked my MAY/JUNE result because i already make my results in NOV/DEC exam earlier. Now, I don't have the May/June examination number again but I have the school leaving testimonial. I have no working experience. I will be current by JAN. I read from the forum that i will need the MAY/JUN result even if its poor. What will i do now? Please guru.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.