Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921076 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:41am On Oct 21, 2012
tosdem: helo house,i read through what foworola wrote here some hours ago and temmy respond that it cant work here in lagos,cos i av similar isue,i won as pricipal applicant,when we register for the dv in 2011 we register as married cos we gt married 4 years ago but not legaly done,my hubby just paid my bride price to my parent,but we plan it in a biger form but my dad loose his junior bro,so my dad decide that we should make it a parlour stuff so my hubby came with his parent and make the bride price done,because tht was the most important thing in our own town,so immediatly i got to his house i went to high court justice for changing of name affidavit to my hubby name,ever since av been using his name in all my document and we also have a 3years old child,so when the result came out we make legal,hope we are good to go?

You are good to go my sister...i have a case of a couple who have been married traditionally for than 20 yrs with children,they only went to the registry after they won the lottery...they filled the date of marriage as 20 yrs ago and the registry certificate reflect 2012....It was accepted at the embassy no wahalaa..Alll the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by morgan2006(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2012
please will more names of winners for DV2013 still be released tomorrow as earlier stated on the website? thanks in anticipation to any kind response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosmy(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2012
Kemzone2003:

You are good to go my sister...i have a case of a couple who have been married traditionally for than 20 yrs with children,they only went to the registry after they won the lottery...they filled the date of marriage as 20 yrs ago and the registry certificate reflect 2012....It was accepted at the embassy no wahalaa..Alll the best
thanks my good brother,our heart shall be fulfilin our life in jesus name.............
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2012
morgan2006: please will more names of winners for DV2013 still be released tomorrow as earlier stated on the website? thanks in anticipation to any kind response

May and May not?
They have the power to move or not move
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2012
malcon:

walk to any police station close to your home and ask any of the police personnel found there,you will get to knw the difference. As for Dv lottery go to alagbon police head quater lagos and get your police clearance.

Thanks, i got mine at alagbon and it reads Police Character Certifcate with validity 3 month. Just to be sure its the right one,someone here could learn from this too on which to expect....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 8:13am On Oct 21, 2012
morgan2006: please will more names of winners for DV2013 still be released tomorrow as earlier stated on the website? thanks in anticipation to any kind response
my candid advise to all waiting for second selection process is that they should try and apply for the dv2014 lottery before it becomes late and if it happens that they were chosen for the second selection,no harm still.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nihho(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2012
please
nairalands i won d dvlottery but i don't know when my interview falls
and my case number is 2013AF0000810...i want to know when my interview date falls and why am i going to recieve the appointment letter,is it via email or po.box....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 10:11am On Oct 21, 2012
nihho: please nairalands i won d dvlottery but i don't know when my interview falls and my case number is 2013AF0000810...i want to know whether my case is high or low

your case is very low.. Have u send back ur form to kcc? U ve been current since oct.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nihho(m): 10:16am On Oct 21, 2012
Yes,i already sent my forms..pls which month do i expect my interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by titilope07: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2012
please help me to anserw
this quetion, assuming when I was filling the
entrant form i filled single and get married after,
when
am selected from dvlottery should i continue
filling
single or married. Secondly when am going for
my iterveiw in kcc centre, is it necessary to go
with my wife and my duaghter Pls enlighte
Me.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2012
titilope07: please help me to anserw
this quetion, assuming when I was filling the
entrant form i filled single and get married after,
when
am selected from dvlottery should i continue
filling
single or married. Secondly when am going for
my iterveiw in kcc centre, is it necessary to go
with my wife and my duaghter Pls enlighte
Me.thanks

If you applied as single but now married , don't fail to change your status to reflect married. Include all your derivatives. Be ready however to defend your marital status during your interview at the American embassy. You will not be interviewed by KCC. To defend your marital status, pls keep your marriage certificate intact, also have handy pictures taken before, during and after your wedding. If you can get the clergy who joined you to sware to an affidavit to that effect, the stronger your case.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2012
Kemzone2003:

thanks kemzone for your respond my mind is at rest now even my hubby feel ok now thanks once again..........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
tosdem: thanks kemzone for your respond my mind is at rest now even my hubby feel ok now thanks once again..........

All you need to do is to search and get ready all your wedding picture when you did the traditional and parlor marriage...the older the better even if water don pour on top.

All the best
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by titilope07: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
thanks Gentiger for ur responce I'm very greatful, thank u all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
tosdem: helo house,i read through what foworola wrote here some hours ago and temmy respond that it cant work here in lagos,cos i av similar isue,i won as pricipal applicant,when we register for the dv in 2011 we register as married cos we gt married 4 years ago but not legaly done,my hubby just paid my bride price to my parent,but we plan it in a biger form but my dad loose his junior bro,so my dad decide that we should make it a parlour stuff so my hubby came with his parent and make the bride price done,because tht was the most important thing in our own town,so immediatly i got to his house i went to high court justice for changing of name affidavit to my hubby name,ever since av been using his name in all my document and we also have a 3years old child,so when the result came out we make legal,hope we are good to go?
you are good to go since you have document like an affidavit that shows a change of name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Good afternoon house. Is there anybody in the house whose case number is currrent in Dec dt has received his or her 2NL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by comlucky: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hello house,
My case number is 2013AF00034xxx,i want to know when exactly should i post my documents to KCC ??
Then secondly,i have 2 passes in wassce but i have 6 years working experience in telecommunication company as INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS(ISP) NETWORK TECHNICIAN.Pls i need ur advise on this 2 questions
thnx.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
comlucky: Hello house,
My case number is 2013AF00034xxx,i want to know when exactly should i post my documents to KCC ??
Then secondly,i have 2 passes in wassce but i have 6 years working experience in telecommunication company as INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS(ISP) NETWORK TECHNICIAN.Pls i need ur advise on this 2 questions
thnx.
you are qualified with work experience. cause the eligibility is either 5 credits in ssce or 2 years work experience which you have. my advice is prepare well to answer about your work and bring enough evidence like payslips or bank statements.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by comlucky: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
thnx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
comlucky:
thnx

you can go on an sumit ur document to kcc... The early d better.....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
nihho: Yes,i already sent my forms..pls which month do i expect my interview

when do u send back ur document to kcc? Just be patience, you may likely have ur interview next month..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hi everyone, please, if anyone win a Dv lottery visa, does that bestow the person the right to take his or her family members or even cousins along. Please, any Dv ace in here, please, kindly reply to this post.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Lucy001(f): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
Versatile007: Hi everyone, please, if anyone win a Dv lottery visa, does that bestow the person the right to take his or her family members or even cousins along. Please, any Dv ace in here, please, kindly reply to this post.
I dont think so, except if you hv filling dem in wen u were filling the form, the question now is did you include them wen u were filling d form back den, e.g adding their photos, age, names etc as beneficaries!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Versatile007: Hi everyone, please, if anyone win a Dv lottery visa, does that bestow the person the right to take his or her family members or even cousins along. Please, any Dv ace in here, please, kindly reply to this post.
the dv does not cover extended family. it covers your children and spouse. no cousins
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by look4all: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
sorry you can take along with your children eigther biological or adopted not your cousin and in the case of adoption i think there should be a legal document of adoption.pls house i stand to be corrected if am wrong. And you must add there names among the beneficiary space,that's if your child(ren) is not up to 21yrs of age

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
adzovia:
you are qualified with work experience. cause the eligibility is either 5 credits in ssce or 2 years work experience which you have. my advice is prepare well to answer about your work and bring enough evidence like payslips or bank statements.

Did you check the classification of his job? As i understand it, it's not every job that qualifies o.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dayotobi: 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Don Kool:

Jus t curious - Why get the new passport in your maiden name?

she has all her document i.e her RN certificate and o-level certificate in her maiden name and she use to have a passport before we married on her maiden name so when we went for the new passport we thought it is going to read that it is re-issued with the date of first issue of the lost one but no, the new passport read the date it was given with no reference to the old one
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Larissa2x: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hi, pls does any one know if we have to pay the visa application fee in Dollars or if we can pay in the currency of the country we are having the interview in (the UK, in my case)?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
saakeem2003: Hello house, Pls I wrote to KCC about the status of my form and I got this message
Thank you for your inquiry.
The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the date of birth that was provided on the electronic entry.

I supplied the requierd info and I got this:
Thank you for your inquiry.
The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the date of birth that was provided on the electronic entry.

I know the year of birth is correct because I used the same to check the result but the day or the month is what i dont remember may be I misplaced it during registration but I quoted the correct one in my DSC forms
pls what should I do? because I have sent to the almost 4 times now pls assist me God bless U all
Thanks
check the format in which you used in sending your DOB.....the right format is MM/DD/YYYY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Did anyone noticed that the information concerning selection of additional winners in October on the DV website has changed?. Meaning, there is not more additional selection of winner again for 2013.

Someone should please confirm this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
dayotobi:

she has all her document i.e her RN certificate and o-level certificate in her maiden name and she use to have a passport before we married on her maiden name so when we went for the new passport we thought it is going to read that it is re-issued with the date of first issue of the lost one but no, the new passport read the date it was given with no reference to the old one

I can't really remember what the question was on this and i'm mindful of my comments lest i pry into personal affairs but In the spirit of nairaland forum brotherliness, please do not be offended if my post starts bordering on "aproko", i have the best of intentions.

Your explanation above still does not answer the question.
It is expected that after marriage, she (the lovely blushing bride) would do a formal change of name with newspaper publication (which usually contains "all documents remain valid" or something like that) and then start bearing her marital name. Hence, her new passport should by right be in her marital name regardless of any other thing.
Then she can use her old documents and the change of name notification and she's good to go.
Even banks accept this and will change customers account name if one so desires.

Anyhow, i think the concern i had in mind was not to appear to the CO to be claiming to be married (a couple with different surnames on their passport) so as to benefit from a DV selectee.

Apologies if i assumed anything wrongly, this question was from awhile back.

Cheers.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Larissa2x: Hi, pls does any one know if we have to pay the visa application fee in Dollars or if we can pay in the currency of the country we are having the interview in (the UK, in my case)?

In nigeria, we have the option of paying in dollars or the equivalent in naira.
You could try calling the embassy (US embassy in UK) and asking to be absolutely sure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.