Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921736 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2012
@Opoki i knw u re confused right now. PLS FOLLOW UR HEARTH if d pressure is much frm ur WIFE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2012
Gentiger:

Most things in life are calculated risk. If Opoki has the cash to burn, it's okay to include his family in the forms to KCC. Miracles do happen. But to the extent I know and have researched, he's got no chances under the circumstance.

His interview letter says single and 'No beneficiaries.' Then he shows up with a wife and two grown kids at the interview. Haba!! No harm in trying Opoki but I don't give hopes I can't sustain.
This gentleman has not sent his dsp forms yet. He needs to know if he can include them before he sends to kcc. Please read his post above.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2012
peters ife: Compliment of d season nairalanders pls i just finished my introduction wit my wife family yesterday, nd my wife said her elder sister wanted to see me in respect of my travelling witout my wife cos i won d lottery as single, my wife only fear is that i can go to america nd get married to another woman, which i promised i won,t do, i ve assured her that i will be coming back to d country in no distant time, pls advice me i dn,t want to loose my wife. We ve nt done church wedding yet.
I think they want to hear frm ur own very mouth that u won't abandon their sister. I don't tink if there is anythin they can say nw that wil mak u to put off travellin. And just know ur wife won't be joining over there till after 5yrs.
I wish u luck and I pray they will understand u since u luv wife and sincerely want to stick with her.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@Opoki if u re a risk taker u can tk it pls remember DV LOTTERY is a life time oppourtunity if u want to be among d 3000 out of 6000 dt ll benefit of getting visa in 9ja pls dont waste ur hchance @spoondar $3000 is a big money to risk lol!!
to my understanding this man is yet to send his forms to KCC please advice him well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2012
Spoondar: This gentleman has not sent his dsp forms yet. He needs to know if he can include them before he sends to kcc. Please read his post above.
@Opoki ve u sent ur DSP forms to kcc secondly ve u gotten ur 2NL cos am a bit disturb wen spoondar said u re yet to send ur forms.Opoki i want u to answer dis question
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2012
Spoondar: This gentleman has not sent his dsp forms yet. He needs to know if he can include them before he sends to kcc. Please read his post above.

If the forms have not been sent to KCC, the position remains difficult. If he just married after eDV application with a kid, that's workable and within the ambits of the rules governing DV lottery visa processes.

If he's claiming he FORGOT to include his family or that an agent played for him, He will still be responsible for the errors. Read this excerpt from the Department of States:

By using only online notification process,
we are placing control of the information
flow in the hands of legitimate customers
only. An entrant who retains his or her
confirmation number retains control of the
entire application process from beginning to
end. It’s like their password or like their
bank account number; they should protect
it that way. Anyone else who has control
can take actions on their behalf if they
know about it or they don’t know about it.
It’s also important in the registration
process that they are very much involved,
hopefully can do it themselves, because the
information must be entirely accurate. If
there are any part of the registration,
particularly names of dependents are not
included in the registration process, they
can be disqualified. So it’s very important
that the applicants themselves take charge
of the entire operation. If they are going to
use someone to help them, they should be
with that person and they should be there
when the application is submitted and when
the confirmation number comes back so
that they can, again, maintain control of
their process.

Read the full account here:

iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/texttrans/2011/09/20110928181556su0.7082484.html#axzz20oVyNmh4
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2012
puplin: 20th Feb

Okay, still read up past pages.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: I dont know what to say cos if you go alone,they can never join you cos they werent in initial application and if you add now,you may be disqualified. Which of the risk are you going to take?

WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY E-DV ENTRY?
On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with the petitioner or intend to accompany or follow to join the petitioner should the petitioner immigrate to the United States. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless such child is already a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. You are not required to list children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.
The fact that you have listed family members on your entry does not mean that they must travel with you. They may choose to remain behind. However, if you include an eligible dependent on your visa application forms that you failed to include on your original entry, your case will be disqualified. This only applies to those who were family members at the time the original application was submitted, not those acquired at a later date. Your spouse may still submit a separate entry, even though he or she is listed on your entry, as long as both entries include details on all dependents in your family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@Opoki ve u sent ur DSP forms to kcc secondly ve u gotten ur 2NL cos am a bit disturb wen spoondar said u re yet to send ur forms.Opoki i want u to answer dis question

If u see where they will be telling how okay they are without including the family. Only to be giving gist later.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2012
Why is it that majority of selectees make mistakes initially that they kud av avoided. Is it that we fill the edv with a 50/50 mindset only to regret lIater. Do you know how lucky we are to be chosen out of the 7m applicants. i really feel for them now i know how the numbers come down to 3000 some pple disqualify themselves immediately they get selected
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2012
Yusmash00: When is the 2NL for 10000 - 11000 be available? The waiting is killing mehn..
.....d cus of d delay is bcus of d x-mas brake & holidays, let hope d 2NL will drop b4 end of Dec'12 or max 1st wk in Jan'13. It is well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: Its up to you,America may be tempting but being discipline will wipe off all those temptations.Coming to America,you have to avoid ladies with no document,residence permit and co,those are the ones that could do everything to hook you grin grin.
In my four months of stay in US,i have seen many chikalas but sincerely,i believe none of them beat my wife.Maybe am saying this cos my wife is with me but i doubt if i can ever marry any of the ones have seen so far (if i werent married).Nothing better than marrying from your tribe or culture,i know someone that envy me alot whenever he sees me or i talked about the kind of food i eat(local naija foods cooked by my wifey),the person married an American and Americans na fast food them know,them no fit cook soup. grin grin
As a single lady, how can i bring my Fiancéé to d states? Or can i come back home, do d marriage & later send 4 him?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: Its up to you,America may be tempting but being discipline will wipe off all those temptations.Coming to America,you have to avoid ladies with no document,residence permit and co,those are the ones that could do everything to hook you grin grin.
In my four months of stay in US,i have seen many chikalas but sincerely,i believe none of them beat my wife.Maybe am saying this cos my wife is with me but i doubt if i can ever marry any of the ones have seen so far (if i werent married).Nothing better than marrying from your tribe or culture,i know someone that envy me alot whenever he sees me or i talked about the kind of food i eat(local naija foods cooked by my wifey),the person married an American and Americans na fast food them know,them no fit cook soup. grin grin
Pls i hv a question; I DON'T wnt 2 marry an American, i already hv a guy <A Nigerian> dat we hv bin dating 4 more dan 7yrs, how can i bring him along when i get 2 d states?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2012
Gentiger:

Why don't you go and harmonize your name in High Court and publish in a national daily? Alert me if you need more details.
mr. gentiger, do u think with dat i am good to go and i wont face any difficulty on interview day. moreover how do i go about doing this harmonization of name and the amount involved. wat about the mistake on my testimonial i.e the date of birth
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2012
missannie: Pls i hv a question; I DON'T wnt 2 marry an American, i already hv a guy <A Nigerian> dat we hv bin dating 4 more dan 7yrs, how can i bring him along when i get 2 d states?.

5 years time when u must have acquired citizenship.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 10:53am On Dec 29, 2012
[quote author=adesojiaderemi@]

WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS MUST I INCLUDE ON MY E-DV ENTRY?
On your entry you must list your spouse (husband or wife) and all unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living with the petitioner or intend to accompany or follow to join the petitioner should the petitioner immigrate to the United States. You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e., there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse. You must list ALL your children who are unmarried and under 21 years of age at the time of your initial E-DV entry, whether they are your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country, unless such child is already a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. List all children under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, even if they no longer reside with you or you do not intend for them to immigrate under the DV program. You are not required to list children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.
The fact that you have listed family members on your entry does not mean that they must travel with you. They may choose to remain behind. However, if you include an eligible dependent on your visa application forms that you failed to include on your original entry, your case will be disqualified. This only applies to those who were family members at the time the original application was submitted, not those acquired at a later date. Your spouse may still submit a separate entry, even though he or she is listed on your entry, as long as both entries include details on all dependents in your family

Hello House, Adesoji post has said it all; bury this issue and follow your heart: Read Last 4 to 5 lines and I quote: "HOWEVER, IF YOU INCLUDE AN ELIGIBLE DEPENDENT ON YOUR VISA APPLICATION FORMS THAT YOU FAILED TO INCLUDE ON YOUR ORIGINAL APPLICATION ENTRY, YOUR CASE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED". The Holy Bible of the DV Lottery has spoken!!
It did not say, may be disqualified! This is English, it says "WILL be DISQUALIFIED" Will in English means that there is certainty, and not probability!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ifeanyiabdul: 11:28am On Dec 29, 2012
Women have this sense of intuition and I respect them a lot: I just got this advise from my wife for MR. OPOKI!
From her heart she has offered this advice as the best: It's better you include your wife and children in your forms as your dependents and beneficiaries and return the form back to KCC! She frankly told me that the CO's are human beings and not spirits. If they see your sincerity and see evidence of marriage certificate, wedding pictures, albums, etc. they may issue you all visas. In every rule, there may be exceptions. In this case, 2 things counts: Honesty and of Course, Favour from God almighty. She said you got nothing to loose, except that in the worst case scenario, you loose the following:
1. 3,000 dollars
2. You are denied visa

You gain the following if you are denied visa
1) You gain your wife and children
2) Since it is DV lottery, every year, the enteries of previous years are cancelled and fresh lotteries are drawn: so therefore you have another opportunity to play DV 2015 and beyond and God Can Make His Face Shine On You Anyday, Anytime. That's why he is God!!

I stand to be corrected, you will not be disqualified from ever playing the lottery, if at all you are disqualified.
Sir, from my heart, I think you should go for the interview with all your dependents after submitting your forms to kcc and God will favour you!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:
Women have this sense of intuition and I respect them a lot: I just got this advise from my wife for MR. OPOKI!
From her heart she has offered this advice as the best: It's better you include your wife and children in your forms as your dependents and beneficiaries and return the form back to KCC! She frankly told me that the CO's are human beings and not spirits. If they see your sincerity and see evidence of marriage certificate, wedding pictures, albums, etc. they may issue you all visas. In every rule, there may be exceptions. In this case, 2 things counts: Honesty and of Course, Favour from God almighty. She said you got nothing to loose, except that in the worst case scenario, you loose the following:
1. 3,000 dollars
2. You are denied visa

You gain the following if you are denied visa
1) You gain your wife and children
2) Since it is DV lottery, every year, the enteries of previous years are cancelled and fresh lotteries are drawn: so therefore you have another opportunity to play DV 2015 and beyond and God Can Make His Face Shine On You Anyday, Anytime. That's why he is God!!

I stand to be corrected, you will not be disqualified from ever playing the lottery, if at all you are disqualified.
Sir, from my heart, I think you should go for the interview with all your dependents after submitting your forms to kcc and God will favour you!
nice one there
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
I posted this question before few weeks but no one gave me a response and my interview is few days so pls help me out...
Any one who had a misspelling on his,her name a granted visa pls pls share your experience with me am desprate...God bless you all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
missannie: Pls i hv a question; I DON'T wnt 2 marry an American, i already hv a guy <A Nigerian> dat we hv bin dating 4 more dan 7yrs, how can i bring him along when i get 2 d states?.
if ur ar married to him, I tink it wuld be more easier for to u to file for him to com over. No offence missannie, that u hav been dating for a long tym is nt marriage. Its better when u ar married. Now that u ar sure of going to the States, both of u can be married, and every document ready before u travel. Just thinking shaa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2012

missannie: As a single lady, how can i bring my Fiancéé to d states? Or can i come back home, do d marriage & later send 4 him?

If you love your man, do the marriage, take full dose and send for him later, there are (Nigerian)hunters here looking for fresher like you expecialy with good pali
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
emebeteaderashn: I posted this question before few weeks but no one gave me a response and my interview is few days so pls help me out...
Any one who had a misspelling on his,her name a granted visa pls pls share your experience with me am desprate...God bless you all

Emebe, I have share this several times, I had typographical error on my WAEC instead of T it was typed Y and nobody ever asked me anything about it, but I will advice you back up yours with affidavit from high court incase unexpected happens.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
peters ife: Brightmon i have gone for d interview already, i ve my visa wit me. i entered d lottery as single, nd we ve nt done any serious marriage rite dat was why i did nt put her name in d form, cos i dn,t want anything dat culd joepardise my chances. my wife is a medical doctor how do i file for her to join me or is their another way she can come to america to join me.
Just avoid geting into trouble for five years in US so that you can become citizen in the fifth,maintain phone contact with her within this period and try to visit naija during these years and make sure u people have pictures together,though this last point isnt compulsory
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@Opoki if u re a risk taker u can tk it pls remember DV LOTTERY is a life time oppourtunity if u want to be among d 3000 out of 6000 dt ll benefit of getting visa in 9ja pls dont waste ur chance @spoondar $3000 is a big money to risk lol!!
its always gud to take risk but personally i wont take this exept if i have $9000 in my account
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
missannie: As a single lady, how can i bring my Fiancéé to d states? Or can i come back home, do d marriage & later send 4 him?
why not or u wan marry yankee man? grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: its always gud to take risk but personally i wont take this exept if i have $9000 in my account

it is just like driving a car without a break with the whole family memeber inside the car and also praying for a journey mercy, God is merciful but the risk is high.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
Gentiger:

Please stick to your wife and kids. I place family values above these things. Since the mistake was yours, you got to live with it. I won't advise you to waste your money processing an application doomed to fail ab-initio. If you include them in your forms to KCC, I don't see you scaling through. I don't mean to sound pessimistic. I am being very frank with you and trying to save you money. If you choose to proceed as single and in the process of scrutinizing your application they discover you are married with kids, you ruin your future chances of traveling to the States. Advice yourself accordingly.
Plz that one is a big lie. When i registered for the lottery, i registered alone but when the result came out and i won, i called the kccdv at kentucky and they said i can include my husband provided i bring a proof of my marriage during the interview. I send the forms to them eventhough i made lots of mistakes and resend it 3 times. They still took it. The 2NL came with my husband as the beneficiary.
If the man had not send his form yet to kcc or he send it before and the 2NL is not given to him, let him resend it with the name of his wife and children. Goodluck to him.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
temmytanny: its always gud to take risk but personally i wont take this exept if i have $9000 in my account
lol!! na so o o my brother as for me i must ve $1500 in ma own acct lol!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emybaby2(f): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
Of course he can include them than to leave them and look for money to process. Then when they get the visa, he can travel alone and work for money for their flight tickets.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
[/quote]thank you for the response bro,but my typo is on the edv registration form letter E was misspelled to A on my middle name and i sent the forms back using the correct spelling and i attached a short note explaining the situation,also i called kcc and the women on the other side told me it was fine as long as i used the correct spelling on the forms,and i went to court to get an affidavit but they told me to come after 20 days,my interview is after 6 days,pls pls house have a say on this, thankyou
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
emybaby2:
Plz that one is a big lie. When i registered for the lottery, i registered alone but when the result came out and i won, i called the kccdv at kentucky and they said i can include my husband provided i bring a proof of my marriage during the interview. I send the forms to them eventhough i made lots of mistakes and resend it 3 times. They still took it. The 2NL came with my husband as the beneficiary.
If the man had not send his form yet to kcc or he send it before and the 2NL is not given to him, let him resend it with the name of his wife and children. Goodluck to him.
Hello Emmybabe,
Have u gone for your interview with this ur experience and came out with success story?. I asked this cos the kcc you called may not know that your marriage had been existing before the application. So if u did succeed in urs then its also good for the man to do his. My own advice is that he should include all his family member in as much as he is yet to send the form to KCC cos even if he decide to go alone,he may not succeed cos the prayer of the wife might work against him cos he did the trickish mistake and that will definitely reduce the trust of the wife and if eventually he ignore the wife and proceed, who knows, the wife may write to the DOS. My opinion shaa!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Shine1177: 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
jbmohd: House how much is likely to be paid for flight ticket for 2yrs old and 4months old kids.Thanks

Some airline charge between 50% - 80% of an adult fare for children above 2 years since she will be occupying a seat while children less than a year can be lap for free.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.