Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

My Baby's Coming Home TONIGHT (3)! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Baby's Coming Home TONIGHT (3)! (693 Views)

How To Know If Your Man Had Sex Before Coming Home / My Baby's Coming Home TONIGHT (2)! / My Baby's Coming Home TONIGHT! (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Baby's Coming Home TONIGHT (3)! by dr2103: 7:14am On May 02, 2012
Months later, after the usual '3 NO's and one BIG YES!', we were in a relationship. We hadn't particularly being together for so long but i had started noticing really unpleasant traits that he possessed. Traits one couldn't see from a distance but which were dominating when one took a closer look.
In october, he travelled for a 3- week business meeting. He was due back home on a saturday and we agreed to meet by 3 at that same restaurant where we first met. I had bought him a little something to welcome him back home the previous day and done everything just so our re- union could be a happy one. Because i hadn't seen him in a long while, it was only normal for me to want to look really good and sexy for my boo. As a result, i got to the restaurant 30mins l8. It was very obvious that he was furious but i had hoped he was not going to put up an act for the sake of our re- union.
On approaching him, he didn't even as much as give me attention. He just signed to the waiter to bring over what he earlier ordered. I still had a confident smile on my face as i bent to kiss him on the cheek but he lightly pushed me away, looking disgusted.
#so much for looking good#, i thought to myself.
Hiding the embarrassment i felt behind my smile, which now seemed stupid rather than confident, i took a sit opposite his and awaited the next scheme of events.
We ate in strained silence. Or rather, he ate, because i hardly touched my own share of food. Michael on his own part, ate like nothing happened. Like i wasn't there! Like he was alone in the restaurant. After a while, he stared at my plate and for the first time since my arrival, he spoke to me.
'aren't you going to eat the food?'
'i . . . I can't eat. . 'm not hungry anymore.'
on hearing my reply, he merely looked at me and continued to eat. I had expected sth sweeter. More concern and affection, none of which he cared to show at the moment. Too pissed to keep quiet, i questioned him to know what the matter was.
'what's wrong mike?'
at first, he didn't answer me. He just kept on eating like noone ever said a word.
'mike?!'
'you're wrong woman!' he eventually screamed out, slamming his fist on the table.
I could feel the stare of the whole restaurant on us.
'do you know how long i waited for you to come meet me here? I waited for close to an hour!'
i had wanted to defend myself. To tell him i was only l8 by 30mins but what did it matter?
'i buy you lunch and you say you can't eat cos you're not hungry. Did you forget we were to meet for lunch?! By the way, who's the dude that drove you in?'
'what?!' i managed to say.
I had intended to stay mute with the hot unshed tears burning my eyes but his last statement made me lose it beyond reason! Tears spilled over the table cloth uncontrollably. Did he actually think i was cheating on him? With my sisters boyfriend?
That was it!- the last straw that broke the camels back. I stood up to go with the shred of pride i had left in me, only to have him grip me by the arm.
'aren't you gonna answer me? Where the hell do you think you're going?'
with the little strength i could muster, i looked him in his brown eyes one last time, freed my arm from his muscular grasp and ran out of the restaurant. I had never been that humiliated in my life. A whole me, Loretta Adams!
In five months, we had broken up three times and i swore that day that there'd be no making up, never again! Cos i couldn't suffer a fourth break- up, not with MICHael AndrewS or any other guy for that matter! Love's not bout getting hurt over and over, it's bout making it through the stormy weather.
Love's not bout falling each time its over,
it's bout standing up each time, and waxing stronger.
This one love has taken all of my energy, i decided it was time to leave.
I was just perfect b4 meeting Michael, and even after he's gone, i'd be fine!
Gone he is now, and perfect i'd be!
That was what i thought. . .

Dr2103.

(1) (Reply)

*who's Guilty Here?* / Am Confused / Why meeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.