Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

Economically Viable Road Abandoned By FG / Ogun State Gov - Amosun (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economically Viable Road Abandoned By FG / Ogun State Gov - Amosun (pictures) (999 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / OFFICIAL- The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economically Viable Road Abandoned By FG / Ogun State Gov - Amosun (pictures) by Hatitude: 10:34am On May 03, 2012
I was travelling down what I thought should be a highly valued road - Ewekoro to Shagamu in Ogun state(not more than about 20 to 25km stretch) and it took about an hour and a half to ply the route. I had to take pictures after driving down the rough road for a while and noticing the big trucks travelling up and down. In a space of about 10 to 15 mins after I decided to do a survey, I must have counted about 30 trucks and so it seemed inconceivable to me why this sort of road would be in such dire state.

At the Ewekoro end was a massive cement factory - Lafarge, about 15km down the road was the Olorunsogo Power plant and at the Shagamu end was Nestle factory. Considering all the big factories providing gainful employment for lots of people in the state, it begs the question why neither the Federal government nor the Ogun state Gov - Ibikunle Amosun have not deemed it fit to fix the road. My trip down the road lasted well over an hour which should normally not take me more than 12 to 15 minutes (based on my 20-25km estimate) if driving at 100km/h.

The area is surrounded by cement and granite which is the base required to build a durable road. The cost to the govt must be reasonably lower compared with other areas. The additional time it takes has negative economic, health, financial etc implications. It simply criminal to neglect this road.

The govt needs to get on with that which they have been apprehended for and fix the road?
angry angry angry

Re: Economically Viable Road Abandoned By FG / Ogun State Gov - Amosun (pictures) by doctorfox: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
It's quite unfortunate that many responsibilities are neglected and public funds are being misappropriated.
Bribery and indiscipline is now a normal thing.
I guess it's time for all well meaning Nigerians to demand accountability from the government.
If you have a strong will to see things change in Nigeria, I would suggest joining Nigerians on www.iwatchlive.org

We need to put our efforts together and have a united front against corruption and bad governance.
Let's try something different this time and see how we fare in transforming Nigeria one citizen at a time.

(1) (Reply)

Bh Gives Jonathan 78 Hours To Appear On Ait Or They Will Attack Lagos! / Ill Fated Dana Airline Has History Of Faults / Edo State Politics: The Truths And Deceptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.