Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course (774 Views)

Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course by 9jaIhail(m): 7:45am On May 04, 2012
Okorocha, Imo workers on collision course
•Gov warns against sabotage of 4th tier govt
From VAL OKARA, Owerri
Friday May 04, 2012

Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, yesterday read the riot act to civil servants that may engage in any activity capable of derailing the smooth take off of the fourth-tier government, Community Government Council.

Okorocha, who stated this during a meeting with top government officials and appointees at Ikemba Ojukwu Convention Centre, Owerri, said his administration would not hesitate to disengage any worker that either refused deployment or incited others against embracing the policy.

State government, last Tuesday declared three days public holiday to state public civil servants and directed them to go to their respective local government and fill forms for deployment of Community Government Council

Daily Sun learnt that the leadership of organized labour in the state had directed all their members to ignore government’s directive in respect of the Community Government Council, describing the proposed policy as unconstitutional.

Okorocha warned: “Let me state it clearly that commercialization policy and fourth-tier government must be fully implemented before the second year of this administration. Again, any civil servant that refuses posting will be summarily dismissed from the service, including those that may hide under labour unionism to frustrate the smooth takeoff of this fourth-tier government in our rural communities.”

He also set-up a three-man committee for each of the 27 local government areas that would move to the communities to inaugurate the management team of Community Government and subsequently conduct election to constitute the governing council in a date that would be announced by the state government.

The state governor further explained that 10 civil servants, drawn from the local government area and state civil service would be posted on secondment to about 500 communities in the pilot phase of the programme.
Re: Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:41am On May 04, 2012
It seems apga governors are very good in the art of deception
Re: Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course by PointB: 9:00am On May 04, 2012
I think the civil servants should give this innovation a chance. It might just be what Imo State need to get the grassroots involved in governance.
Re: Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2012
I had continued to pray for Okorocha to expedite the skewed idea of Imo State rescue. There is no doubt the reality will definitely come to light as the majority of Imoiks have started seeing through the cloud. If what is good for geese is also good for gender, what stops federal government from constitute 11/2 (one and half) – tier government before second-tier? The federal government should institute State Community Government Council, staffed with federal government bureaucrats and tasked to deal with State governments.

It is funny nobody, not even the justice department, has called this out-of-control governor of Imo State to order. I thought Nigeria is guided by the tenants of democracy yet this joker called Okoroch is allowed to rubbish the constitution of Nigeria.
Re: Okorocha, Imo Workers On Collision Course by pistol: 3:14pm On May 04, 2012
The man is loosing his credibity and appeal.

I knew that this man is an ogboni man.

I told my friends not to vote 4 him but they wont listen rather letting their emotions and sentiments to becloud their concience and sense of judgement.

Rochas has perfected the act of craftiness.
He nearly got me fooled.

Imo peoples eyes are now opening on whom their governor is.

He is nothing more than belzebub

Whom the gods want to kill,d first drive mad.

This is just the beginning of his rantings

(1) (Reply)

Is This True? / The PDP Bible: The Book Of Jonathan Chapter 1 Verse 1 - 26 / US Freezes Nigerian Embassy's Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.