Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,435 members, 7,843,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? (9864 Views)

Poll: What Response Will Be Better?

Ignore them and sit it out: 12% (14 votes)
Don't appear. Commense massive crackdown on Boko Haram: 65% (71 votes)
Just tighten up security nationwide: 22% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

People Making Secessionist Threat Should Shut Up, Says Kwankwaso -THE NATION / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by niyitogun(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2012
Talk truely is cheap. Disappointed at most responses above as they offer little or no constructive criticism. Ultimately no 2 and no 3 are d only options here because no group of individuals should be allowed to hold 160million persons to ransom, dat rules out no 1....no 2 however seems like d quickest solution, I believe a reasonable sum of money should be awarded for persons who successfully gives correct hideout info about location of these miscreant as an impetus. This would make the crackdown on them even much faster. However no 3 is also a well due approach based on the current situation of things although it might take a long while to achieve as a result of our current dismal form of security as there's little or no database for crime to start with, and inadequate skillful intelligence ...
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Demdem(m): 4:37pm On May 05, 2012
onyewec3:

During the bombing of atlas cove,I could remember vividly not more dan 8pple died in d incident and as such dat could be referred to as collateral damage.

Do u know what a single live is? Can u in ur widest imagination ever quantify it? The truth is in the process of fighting for their (MEND) SELFISH interest, innocent lives were lost. in a normal society, the culprits are sent to jail or even killed. In Nigeria, they were rewarded with contracts etc.

atlas cove is a fed govt jetty where dere stoarge tank recieves cargo frm vessels.why didn't boko haram destroy govt propertys.boko haram select pple for their target.despite majority of hausa illiterates filling the most position in NNPC etc,militants neva choose dem as potential attackers.have u heard abt the KKK in d US?

The truth is the modulus operandi of both terrorists groups differ. who am i or what am i to question their mode of operation? That doesnt make one better than the other. Both are criminals and killers.

Don't just cme to dis type of forum and make epileptic comparism

Of cos, i have made one grievous comparisms which is the fact that both killed or are still killing. ur problem is one killed very few and should be ignored while the one that is killing in hundreds should be condemned, on that i disagree though i respect ur bias opinion

patriot2:
Demdem is a kid or a scenile old person, don't waste your time with him or her, there is absolutely no logics in what he says. he says boko haram is eveil yet he says we should give them money and amnesty, and at the same time he says we should kill them. He keeps contradicting himself.

Foool, my position is since the retardeen has refused to do what is expected of him to stop the killings (which is acting on Boko sponsors list which he confirmed is with him) then he should dialogue with the criminals as it was done for terrorist MEND. Any contradiction is actually an imagination from ur rotten brain

Omexonomy:
i respect u a lot why the insult if he is ur father will u insult him

I see no insult in what i wrote. Just saying the plain truth IMO. if saying the truth as it is is insultive in ur opinion then cant help ur predicament. by the way, is he ur PAPA
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 05, 2012
victorazy: You guys can't stop making me smile while ball of water is running dwn my chick. Believe it or not, GEJ is Boko Haram and BH is GEJ (am sorry if am too harsh). Spiritually in Aso-rock, things are happening (blood sacrifices) if only you want to stay in there. During OBJ he bomb air crafts causing plain crashes here and there but GEJ never used that method cuz Aviation security has been beefd up. If you disagree with me, why do you think GEJ is not bold enuf to face BH? (2) what has been the amelioration since the 2 top BH men captured? (3) Why do u think that the IG that was in charge during the escape of one of BH men has not been prosecuted? (4) Is BH not operating from Nig, if yes, then who is at the border? (5) What do you think when GEJ made that optimistic comment that BH will stop at a specific time? He knew the amount of souls and blood needed etc. So many questions to ask. The Anti-christ is here and the end time is at hand. The creature that bible described in the book of (Revelation 9: 2 - 11) they will take over the earth to torment those that are not with God (unbelievers - non born again).
another typical nigerian with many superstious belief
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 05, 2012
onyewec3:

During the bombing of atlas cove,I could remember vividly not more dan 8pple died in d incident and as such dat could be referred to as collateral damage.atlas cove is a fed govt jetty where dere stoarge tank recieves cargo frm vessels.why didn't boko haram destroy govt propertys.boko haram select pple for their target.despite majority of hausa illiterates filling the most position in NNPC etc,militants neva choose dem as potential attackers.have u heard abt the KKK in d US? Don't just cme to dis type of forum and make epileptic comparism
simple ... Sum people are just fooolish....
Dnt argue with any fo0lish body that compare mend with boko haram coz their sense of reasoning have being burnt away by either islam or any other method am yet to be aware of...
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Mustay(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2012
Dr. Jonathan would most likely 'hit the ground RUNNING'.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by gidiMonsta(m): 6:01pm On May 05, 2012
The fisherman has finally been boxed into a corner, if he doesn't negotiate with them, the resultant deaths will be on his head because he has a chance to stop it and if he does he'll be labeled a coward.

There's a 5% chance that I may be a victim if BH carries out their threat and bomb Lagos, I am not ready to be cremated alive by some suicidal maniacs hence GEJ should dialogue with them or wipe them out b4 d stipulated 78hrs. A coward who saves lives is better than a brave fool who gets people killed. That's my 2cents.

BTW: America is presently negotiating with the taliban, so who says US don't negotiate with terrorists? Too much 24 dey disturb some people
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jmaine: 6:24pm On May 05, 2012
gidiMonsta: The fisherman has finally been boxed into a corner, if he doesn't negotiate with them, the resultant deaths will be on his head because he has a chance to stop it and if he does he'll be labeled a coward.

There's a 5% chance that I may be a victim if BH carries out their threat and bomb Lagos, I am not ready to be cremated alive by some suicidal maniacs hence GEJ should dialogue with them or wipe them out b4 d stipulated 78hrs. A coward who saves lives is better than a brave fool who gets people killed. That's my 2cents.

BTW: America is presently negotiating with the taliban, so who says US don't negotiate with terrorists? Too much 24 dey disturb some people

A blunt truth by the brother here grin . . . . . whichever way na Gboa . . .so we have to take the lesser evil . . . which is dialogue . . .but people have being clamouring for strong leadership . . .which means calling their bluff tongue
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 05, 2012
I am Kanuri from Sanusi Lamido Sanusi familly.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 05, 2012
I am kanuri from Sanusi Lamido Sanusi familly.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 05, 2012
I am big foo.l
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Demdem(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2012
patriot2: I stopped reading your comment after the insult to Mr president.

Thats ur horrible cup of tea.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by moshoodn(m): 9:13pm On May 05, 2012
ujchief:
Abeg, how many hours left b4 the lagos/abj bombing?
Infinity and counting down!
Brace up, its never gonna happen!
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by maasoap(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2012
onyewec3:

During the bombing of atlas cove,I could remember vividly not more dan 8pple died in d incident and as such dat could be referred to as collateral damage.atlas cove is a fed govt jetty where dere stoarge tank recieves cargo frm vessels.why didn't boko haram destroy govt propertys.boko haram select pple for their target.despite majority of hausa illiterates filling the most position in NNPC etc,militants neva choose dem as potential attackers.have u heard abt the KKK in d US? Don't just cme to dis type of forum and make epileptic comparism
Man, you're sick. You're totally sick based on this particular post of yours. Assume that those eight people that were killed at atlas cove city were your nuclear family including you, would you be here today to be typing this rubbish. Jonathan doesn't need you to defend him, please stop these senseless comments.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by maasoap(m): 10:37pm On May 05, 2012
patriot2: I stopped reading your comment after the insult to Mr president.
You must be from South South or South East. And I don't blame you guys from those two regions, you haven't ruled this country before. So, you must be so protective of Retarden to the extent that even if Nigeria sinks, nothing should happen to your dear Retarden. But let me tell you this, there can't be Mr president from the creek to be protected if Nigeria as a nation should be engulfed in fire. You people should should lower this level of protective instinct, at least you're not Retarden's mother.
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jayceejeffrey: 10:59pm On May 05, 2012
Na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jmaine: 11:39pm On May 05, 2012
patriot2: Here goes an other terrorist lover, negociation is an insult to the victims and to the nation as a whole, if we can not fight endure and overcome terrorism then how will it be when there is a full scale war ?
Will any country hesitate attacking us when they know that if they terrorize us enough we will give in ?
If you negociate then the nation and its citizens will lose everything.

Oga make we hear word jare . . .The situation we are in now is akin to the proverbial scenario of a Mosquito perching on the scrotal sac . . .Do you slam it to kill it or you chose to endure the pain while it feeds . .whichever way involves a negative value . . so you have to exercise patience while trying to solve your predicament

In life, when faced with two evils , ,it's always better you go for the lesser evil . . .And for the record, am not a Boko apologist but when i see a dicey situation . . .objectivity demands i say it as it is despite whatever support i have for GEJ . . calling their bluff and Boko haram eventually blowing people into bits is a steeper prize to pay than show up on TV to save countless lives considering our present inadequacies in dealing decisively with them . . .
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 3:51am On May 06, 2012
I am big foo.l
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 3:58am On May 06, 2012
I am an i.diot
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by SkyBlue1: 4:19am On May 06, 2012
jmaine:

Oga make we hear word jare . . .The situation we are in now is akin to the proverbial scenario of a Mosquito perching on the scrotal sac . . .Do you slam it to kill it or you chose to endure the pain while it feeds . .whichever way involves a negative value . . so you have to exercise patience while trying to solve your predicament

In life, when faced with two evils , ,it's always better you go for the lesser evil . . .And for the record, am not a Boko apologist but when i see a dicey situation . . .objectivity demands i say it as it is despite whatever support i have for GEJ . . calling their bluff and Boko haram eventually blowing people into bits is a steeper prize to pay than show up on TV to save countless lives considering our present inadequacies in dealing decisively with them . . .

But I'm sure you can see how easily this can turn into a slippery slope. If we unintentionally hold boko haram to such importance in national affairs that they can summon the presidency (this is not about Jonathan) at whim, then they have suceeded in fully holding the nation to ransom and can easily continue using threats to get the attention they need to be robbed of.

By asking the presidency to attend their summons you assume they will halt the bombing and can be reasoned with this way. You seem to be counting on some kind of code of honour or etiquette which (sorry to disappoint you) might be non existent. These are terrorists. What exactly is their idealogy? Think about it for a sec, what is it they say they want? Sharia in the whole of Nigeria. . . . . And you think they are reasonable people?

Allowing sharia to exist in the first place will remain a bloody stain of conviction on the OBJ administration. Now who will bell that sharia cat? Why introduce something which would be almost impossible to remove without bloodshed?

All I am interested in knowing is the specific parts of the country (LGA by LGA) they have grassroot support and sympathisers (if any), because then it's all about pushing for the motion for them to carry their supporters and form their republic, no be by force abeg. On the other hand this issue has indeed been handled incompetently and what is more alarming is the talks of "boko haram sponsors" the federal government keeps reeling out from time to time. Does this seem like game or is Jonathan that stup!d?

If you can't arrest these so called sponsors then shut the hell up about it and take responsibility for that ineptitude. Stop continuously spitting on the intelligence (no matter how disappointing) of millions of Nigerians. Saying there are sponsors every two weeks will not win you sympathy from sensible people especially when you make allusions to knowing who these sponsors are. It just makes you look extremely daft and stup!d!!! That to me is the real scandal!!! Some times one really has the desire to give that man a dirty slap.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jmaine: 8:01am On May 06, 2012
patriot2: I am sorry to say this, but it sounds like a trap. Isn't it the same boko haram who promised to kill the same president in less than 3 months ? I think boko haram can not do anything, all they are trying to do is to kill the president, period. Moreover, as we speak, in Lagos every body is watching the muslim community, they are all waiting for the excuse to cutt some muslim head, if boko tries them, then I think, there will be no muslim left in Lagos.
Concerning their useless trap cheesy . . .It would take a foolish man to meet such deranged animals one on one . . .. . . .Na only Hollywood . .that one fit happen grin
But brother don't be deceived . .they can actually strike anyway if they so wish . .it only takes a suicide bomber to cause maximum damage by attacking a crowded and conjested areas or even them just tearing the 3rd Mainland Bridge apart . . . .the only reason they ( Their sponsor) might not want to come to Lagos is to avoid setting the whole country alight and losing the main plot . . cos an attack in Lagos causing lots of lives . . . is not an attack on the Yorubas alone due to the huge heterogenous nature of inhabitants . . . The SE,SS,SW and maybe the Middle belt would boil . . . and you know when these zones boil simultaneously . . . It won't be child's play . . .Blood would flow ceaselessly from both ends . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jmaine: 8:02am On May 06, 2012
Sky Blue:

But I'm sure you can see how easily this can turn into a slippery slope. If we unintentionally hold boko haram to such importance in national affairs that they can summon the presidency (this is not about Jonathan) at whim, then they have suceeded in fully holding the nation to ransom and can easily continue using threats to get the attention they need to be robbed of.

By asking the presidency to attend their summons you assume they will halt the bombing and can be reasoned with this way. You seem to be counting on some kind of code of honour or etiquette which (sorry to disappoint you) might be non existent. These are terrorists. What exactly is their idealogy? Think about it for a sec, what is it they say they want? Sharia in the whole of Nigeria. . . . . And you think they are reasonable people?

Allowing sharia to exist in the first place will remain a bloody stain of conviction on the OBJ administration. Now who will bell that sharia cat? Why introduce something which would be almost impossible to remove without bloodshed?

All I am interested in knowing is the specific parts of the country (LGA by LGA) they have grassroot support and sympathisers (if any), because then it's all about pushing for the motion for them to carry their supporters and form their republic, no be by force abeg. On the other hand this issue has indeed been handled incompetently and what is more alarming is the talks of "boko haram sponsors" the federal government keeps reeling out from time to time. Does this seem like game or is Jonathan that stup!d?

If you can't arrest these so called sponsors then shut the hell up about it and take responsibility for that ineptitude. Stop continuously spitting on the intelligence (no matter how disappointing) of millions of Nigerians. Saying there are sponsors every two weeks will not win you sympathy from sensible people especially when you make allusions to knowing who these sponsors are. It just makes you look extremely daft and stup!d!!! That to me is the real scandal!!! Some times one really has the desire to give that man a dirty slap.

I fully understand your point brother . . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by newcreatio(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2012
CyberG: Whatever he does WILL MOST LIKELY be the WRONG OPTION! This guy has no record of making any right decisions!

hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by newcreatio(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2012
jmaine:
If you can't arrest these so called sponsors then shut the hell up about it and take responsibility for that ineptitude. Stop continuously spitting on the intelligence (no matter how disappointing) of millions of Nigerians. Saying there are sponsors every two weeks will not win you sympathy from sensible people especially when you make allusions to knowing who these sponsors are. It just makes you look extremely daft and stup!d!!! That to me is the real scandal!!! Some times one really has the desire to give that man a dirty slap. . . . . .

...another gbanan!...hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by newcreatio(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2012
Boko Haram case is a local case. It does not need national intervention.

See ehn, the north are just unserious and retarded....and I dont blame them, they were born that way. lipsrsealed
They have lost their vision and doubled their effort...which is the same as retarded with stupidity toppings.
I have said it before, I will say it again.

Remember OPC? Oodua's People Congress. They cleaned up the West when there was wanton criminality/robbery/rituals se?
Then they lost focus se? But now over time we are cool. cool

Also, remember Bakassi Boys? They cleaned up the East when there was wanton criminality/robbery/rituals se?
Then there were stories of politicians manipulating....But now over time we are cool. cool

TELL THE NORTH TO DO THE SAME. In 1 year we will forget that Boko Haram ever existed. wink
Let them create a similar vigilante group and do house cleaning.
I REPEAT IT AGAIN, THE NORTH ARE NOT SERIOUS and retarded on top of it.
Insincerity is there problem angry
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 06, 2012
Next thing you know, BH will be asking the President to ferment Furadenunu for onward sale at Kontagora market
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by jmaine: 9:52am On May 06, 2012
newcreatio:

...another gbanan!...hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

How did you do your own quoting . . .those were not my words . . .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Mynd44: 9:58am On May 06, 2012
Gogobiri Lalas: Next thing you know, BH will be asking the President to ferment Furadenunu for onward sale at Kontagora market
Yup that's next
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 06, 2012
I am an i.diot
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Mynd44: 10:36am On May 06, 2012
patriot2: There's an easy way out: send all the mallams back to their north, or keep an eye on their community.
Forbid then from going some places. If I see any mallam running towards me then I will blow his head up.
I suggest everybody does the same.
Even if the mallam running towards you is Dangote?
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by onyewec3: 12:10pm On May 06, 2012
maasoap: Man, you're sick. You're totally sick based on this particular post of yours. Assume that those eight people that were killed at atlas cove city were your nuclear family including you, would you be here today to be typing this rubbish. Jonathan doesn't need you to defend him, please stop these senseless comments.

You r indeed a kangaroo.u just jumped into my coment witout reading previous coment to knw d reason I made d point regardin d pple dat died in atlas cove.
To further show ur stupidity,did anybody knw d tribe/religion of d pple affected?ur foolishness did not make u think y boko haram is nt attacking govt building! All dey do is to target principal tribe or religion.
I knw u attended a failed educational system bt dat shuldnt becloud ur sense of judgemnt.follow my previous thread and u will knw y I made such comment pig seller
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by onyewec3: 12:14pm On May 06, 2012
maasoap: You must be from South South or South East. And I don't blame you guys from those two regions, you haven't ruled this country before. So, you must be so protective of Retarden to the extent that even if Nigeria sinks, nothing should happen to your dear Retarden. But let me tell you this, there can't be Mr president from the creek to be protected if Nigeria as a nation should be engulfed in fire. You people should should lower this level of protective instinct, at least you're not Retarden's mother.
Wich region are u from lost race?I guess u re frm Tiv?since ur father av been ruling for ages,in wat way have dat transformed ur lifeless brain?tell us where u re from and we will tell u d history of ur fore fathers
Re: Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 06, 2012
I am an i.diot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Finalises Plan To Sell Two Aircraft / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn / Oby Ezekwesili Is The Best Alternative To Buhari - Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.