Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? (2270 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? by annbriggs(f): 12:10pm On May 06, 2012
i want to relocate to the uk with my 2daughters,the frustration in this country is over the top.. But i dont know anyone there, could sum1 tell me how to go about it.
Re: I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? by steve13(m): 11:01pm On May 06, 2012
Start by visiting the uk,what do U̶̲̥̅̊ do in nigeria?are U̶̲̥̅̊ single or married?
Re: I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? by Lexusgs430: 1:19am On May 07, 2012
There are so many factors associated with relocating. Not knowing anybody in the uk makes the task slightly harder, you will have to factor in cost of accommodation for you all, before you settle down, get a job, sort out childcare, cost of transportation, feeding etc etc etc
To get a decent 1 bedroom flat would set you back about £500.00 a month + 1 month deposit on a 6/12 month agreement. Cost of childcare would be about £4.00 a child per hour etc etc etc
Has earlier advised, it is best you initially travel over to understand the workings of the system.
Good luck
Re: I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? by annbriggs(f): 9:51am On May 07, 2012
Money is not really a problem, the problem is getting there staying there getting a job there and not hiding from immigration... What duration of visa do you think I need to be comfortable without hiding from the authorities?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? by justwise(m): 10:54am On May 07, 2012
annbriggs: Money is not really a problem, the problem is getting there staying there getting a job there and not hiding from immigration... What duration of visa do you think I need to be comfortable without hiding from the authorities?

If money is not the problem then try any of these means of settling and working in the UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/

The top 5 on that list

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: 10 Secrets Flight Attendants Will Never Tell BUT You Must Know / Malaysia Airlines Flight Mh370:Pilot Killed Passengers,Sank Plane Intact-EXPERTS / Truck Crushes A Guy To Death In Abakaliki (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.