Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,582 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? (33963 Views)

What Do You Have Against German Cars(passat Models)? / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by isaiahethan: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Give me give me give me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by AbuMikey(m): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
cocoduck:

you Know very little about automotive industry.

shockedshockedshocked
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by aytevans(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
ik.swiss:
Please anyone knows any site I can check up on for cars in Germany cos I heard is not expensive over there....

www.autoscout24.de
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
aytevans:

www.autoscout.de

http://www.mobile.de (all over europe)
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by phil5(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Siena:

Why would you call Jaziridon a dunce?

He / she posted his / her opinion, based upon personal experience, or what he / she has been told. If you don't agree, then for Pete's sake, show some intelligence by refuting his / her claims, rather than hurling verbal abuse. Calling someone names, just because their opinion differs from yours isn't clever, and says more about you as a person, than the person you're insulting.

Now prove Jaziridon wrong, and without resorting to insults this time.
see the name
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by albacete(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
German all the way!

1 Like

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by palugycolina(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
after buying all this cars..make sure you drive them in germany road oh becus naija does not ve such road..
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by ihimami: 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jazz lite: Anyway post a car which can beat this....
BMW 760Li

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Godson201333(m): 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Give it to my German mistake
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by addictiv(m): 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
german cars are stronger, meaner, more efficient , and timeless when compared to japanese cars
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
instinctg: Nothing beats d germans , even d italians bow

You mean Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Alfa Romeo and other Italian Supercar makers will bow to the Germans? lipsrsealed angry
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by tonychristopher: 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
payless: I have been thinking about this topic for a while and I reealy need your honest view about your experience with either Japanese or German vehicles. I have used both and I think German cars are more rugged, more fuel efficient, more durable,and more elegant. On the other hand, the Japanese vehicles seem to have parts and technicians available everywhere than Germans. The cost of parts for German vehicles seem to be higher, while the Japanese parts seem to be cheaper, but German vehicle parts last longer compare to that of Japanese parts. Japanese vehicle seem to have better interior than most German cars, but in recent times, German cars manufacturers have improved the interior design of their vehicles.

What is your take?

what a crazy comparison. you don't compare japos with Germans. Germany gave us the best of cars both in efficiency.functionality and ruggedity. we go for Japanese cars cos we are broke but if the money is there Benz.Herman and Porsche. can you compare Porsche with Mazda ? what a travesty
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by albacete(m): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
^^ Its all about comparison, bro, even to the extent of using tecno and samsung in the same sentence. Take heart, mate.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by addictiv(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
albacete: ^^ Its all about comparison, bro, even to the extent of using tecno and samsung in the same sentence. Take heart, mate.
dont start....
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by danbasco(m): 12:06am On Oct 23, 2013
It's a misnomer to begin to compare German and Japanese cars of the same class. These two brands cannot be appropriately compared.

German cars, like my mechanic will call them, are pressure cars. They are built for stamina, power and durability. They are strong and rugged. They are cars you can wake up and drive from down south to far north without servicing. They are dependable and are not affected by weather.

But the efficiency of German cars are not without a price and consequence. German cars are not economic cars. You have to have a good income to be able to maintain them. They are costlier, have a higher fuel consumption, more expensive parts and lower 2nd hand value. Higher CO2 emissions.

Japanese cars are cheaper and more efficient cars. They have the best fuel economy. The parts are cheaper. Maintaining a jap car is more budget friendly. The 2nd hand value is higher than German cars.

So your choice of a best car should depend on your budget and lifestyle. If you travel a lot, a German car is best for you. It's good for long distances and the shock absorbers and suspension are good for the bad roads in naija except the fuel economy. If your lifestyle is mainly withing the city with less travelling, a Japanese car is best to move around with in the city. #megawatt

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by albacete(m): 12:13am On Oct 23, 2013
addictiv:
dont start....
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by achi4u(m): 12:31am On Oct 23, 2013
Thanks alot @op for this thread.
My added question is how realiable and efficiency of second hand BMW?

What about the spare parts of this car?...assuming you want to bring it back to life?

Finally, the owner of this car says the engine cannot be rework anyhow(or cannot be open anyhow) ...maybe in a bid to convince me

Siena & co.I need una advise.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by fridayj(m): 1:08am On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=tmaigari]German or Japanese, it depends on your maintenance culture, default and any can die even the day you bought it. thank u mr mentennace, but get one thing to tell "chinko na Chinko"
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by peterjero(m): 2:14am On Oct 23, 2013
kalokalo:

You mean Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Alfa Romeo and other Italian Supercar makers will bow to the Germans? lipsrsealed angry
Research very well my brother, nothing beats a BENZ you know who makes MAYBACH EXELERO(world most expensive custom car)? Benz . BMW manages bentley, mini cooper. VW manages Lamborghini. So respect German cars, all we need is money and knowledge to make them happy. German car rules
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by princessayesha(f): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2013
yuzedo: Biafran car like Chisco, Dan dollar, Ekenedilichukwu, Ifesinachi, etc etc! angry
Like seriously? R those cars in existence or in ur imaginations.? Not funny#fact
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omonnakoda: 2:21am On Oct 23, 2013
danbasco: It's a misnomer to begin to compare German and Japanese cars of the same class. These two brands cannot be appropriately compared.

German cars, like my mechanic will call them, are pressure cars. They are built for stamina, power and durability. They are strong and rugged. They are cars you can wake up and drive from down south to far north without servicing. They are dependable and are not affected by weather.

But the efficiency of German cars are not without a price and consequence. German cars are not economic cars. You have to have a good income to be able to maintain them. They are costlier, have a higher fuel consumption, more expensive parts and lower 2nd hand value. Higher CO2 emissions.

Japanese cars are cheaper and more efficient cars. They have the best fuel economy. The parts are cheaper. Maintaining a jap car is more budget friendly. The 2nd hand value is higher than German cars.

So your choice of a best car should depend on your budget and lifestyle. If you travel a lot, a German car is best for you. It's good for long distances and the shock absorbers and suspension are good for the bad roads in naija except the fuel economy. If your lifestyle is mainly withing the city with less travelling, a Japanese car is best to move around with in the city. #megawatt
Where do you get your info from? Most cars these days use the same parts and engine manufcturers in the same factories
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/pcgl/pressDetail.html;jsessionid=2DxgSnlFj92FhTgQJhykCwRQ5f87JjhK0xtvGv2ZTFKZR3pvDhp2!2139190307?title=bmw-group-and-toyota-motor-corporation-deepen-collaboration-by-signing-binding-agreements&outputChannelId=6&id=T0136503EN&left_menu_item=node__804

If you study motor sport you will know that the German cars have no advantage and they have no secrets
From a business perspective Toyota motors is the Largest motor company in the world about equal to VW BMW and Ford all combined

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VOW.DE&ql=0
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/co?s=TM+Competitors
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BMW.DE&ql=1
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omonnakoda: 2:54am On Oct 23, 2013
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2013/09/20130912-daimlernissan.html

Daimler/Renault-Nissan collaboration expanding
12 September 2013
13C835_07
The smart fourjoy introduced at Frankfurt is being developed on the basis of a Daimler/Renault-Nissan shared architecture. Click to enlarge.

The chief executives of the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler AG said during an annual briefing at the Frankfurt Motor Show that their companies’ partnership (earlier post) is advancing quickly, and the scope of the collaboration is increasingly global.

The French-Japanese-German partnership began in April 2010, with three “pillar projects” primarily focused on Europe. Since then, the portfolio has increased to ten significant projects, including major initiatives from North America to Japan. In addition, relevant business units are working together in best-practice sharing and other forms of cooperation.

While our initial collaboration focused strongly on European projects, we are now focusing on synergies in all key markets.
—Renault-Nissan Chairman and CEO Carlos Ghosn

We will continue to seek out new projects together that make sense for all partners and, most importantly, our customers.
—Daimler CEO and Head of Mercedes Benz Cars Dieter Zetsche

Earlier this year, the two partners also signed a three-way agreement with Ford for the joint development of a common fuel cell system to speed up availability of zero-emission technology and significantly reduce investment costs. (Earlier post.)

The two CEOs cited the joint production of Mercedes-Benz four-cylinder gasoline engines in Decherd (Tennessee, USA) as a good example of how the partners profit from the cooperation. Just one and a half years after the groundbreaking in May 2012, the factory building for the joint production of Mercedes-Benz four-cylinder gasoline engines is now complete. Production machinery is now being installed and the start of production is planned for mid-2014.

The engines produced in Decherd will then be used in the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which is produced at the Daimler plant in Tuscaloosa (Alabama, USA), and in new Infiniti products.

Joint development work is also proceeding on schedule for a new family of shared three- and four-cylinder gasoline engines with turbocharging and direct fuel injection. The engines will make use of the latest technology and will have significantly improved fuel consumption.

Another example of the successful cooperation on engine development is the new Infiniti Q50, which was presented in Geneva this spring and will be available as of the fall. It is the first Infiniti automobile to have a powertrain comprising a diesel engine and automatic transmission from the cooperation with Daimler.

The first vehicles resulting from the collaboration, including the Mercedes-Benz Citan van, are already on the road. In addition, Infiniti will offer a vehicle using components from Daimler’s compact car architecture starting 2015. The components will be used in a brand specific way. The Q30 concept car can be seen for the first time at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
130911-02-01
Nissan NV350 Urvan. Click to enlarge.

The cooperation is continuing also in the field of commercial vehicles. It is planned that the unit of Daimler Trucks Asia, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), will be supplied with Nissan’s NV350 Urvan commercial vans to be sold under Mitsubishi Fuso in selected export markets.

This type of strategic supply has been successfully implemented since early 2013 also for light-duty trucks to expand their respective product portfolio into new segments: the FUSO Canter Guts light-duty truck (payload: 2.0 tons) is supplied to Nissan and the Nissan Atlas F24 light-duty truck (payload 1.5 tons) is supplied to Mitsubishi Fuso. This cross-supply volume initially amounts to about 1,300 units for the Japanese market.

The smart/Twingo project is also progressing as planned. Production will begin soon on the new two-seater smart at the smart plant in Hambach (France) and of the four-seater smart and the Renault Twingo successor model at the Renault plant in Novo Mesto (Slovenia). Market launch of the model versions is planned for the second half of 2014.

The new generations of the smart and the Renault Twingo are being developed on the basis of a shared architecture, but will remain independent products with an unmistakable brand appearance. A show car of the new smart four-seater (“smart fourjoy”) was presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show this Monday.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by agohavivi(f): 6:00am On Oct 23, 2013
itsmayiela:
oga siena, u dont need to answer dis novice. Am sure he is new on NL and doesnt know about Siena

on d matter of japanese/german cars,i dont knw wich is beta but i can only use cars dat come frm d country of d inventor of motor cars.....abeg, mak una remind me dat country again
Dont mind him and his likes. Claiming to be an authority of somthing he knows little on nothing about.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:23am On Oct 23, 2013
omonnakoda:
Where do you get your info from? Most cars these days use the same parts and engine manufcturers in the same factories
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/pcgl/pressDetail.html;jsessionid=2DxgSnlFj92FhTgQJhykCwRQ5f87JjhK0xtvGv2ZTFKZR3pvDhp2!2139190307?title=bmw-group-and-toyota-motor-corporation-deepen-collaboration-by-signing-binding-agreements&outputChannelId=6&id=T0136503EN&left_menu_item=node__804

If you study motor sport you will know that the German cars have no advantage and they have no secrets
From a business perspective Toyota motors is the Largest motor company in the world about equal to VW BMW and Ford all combined

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VOW.DE&ql=0
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/co?s=TM+Competitors
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BMW.DE&ql=1

Thank you!!!

I mentioned yesterday that the highest selling Volkswagen car is the Golf, this shows where the company targets, the small car industry. VW is way bigger that Merc and BMW. The VW Golf still struggles to compete in the small car industry against what Nissan, Toyota or Honda has to produce over the last 30 years.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by babyboy3(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2013
addictiv: german cars are stronger, meaner, more efficient , and timeless when compared to Japanese cars

Japanese car industry uses less raw materials to make a car, thats why you hardly see a Japanese car that rust, you are more likely to see rust on a Merc than a Honda

1 Like

Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by dante23: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2013
kalokalo:

Calm down sir, The lamborghini and the bugatti are owned by VW which therefore makes them GERMAN.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by Mlud: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2013
I don't think this thread will convert the afficionados of motors any country of origin. You like what you like.
It is interesting to read what each group has to say to fight their corner though.
The Germans got there first in terms of quality and brand name with the Japs playing catch up for many years. The gap has been progressively closing over the years with 1990 being a watershed for the Japs with the introduction of the Lexus LS400 a lovely car for its class.

With all companies now spending billions of dollars collectively on R&grin costs many do turn out better smoother faster and more technologically advanced cars.
So who wins the Germans or the Japs? Neither. I win...yes you and I the consumer. I went through a phase in the 90s driving just fast jap sports cars. Then I went for German sports coupes each has different characteristics. I appreciate the difference and drive/tease each car within its tolerances. My wife (ah..the only brand I won't change) knows how excited I get when I take my hard earned and I go shopping for new wheels - sports car estate SUV fast saloons from both sides of the Atlantic I've done them all. I can't get enough from sticking to just one manufacturer or continent.

So go for whatever ticks the right boxes for you. Die hard Jap fans will not change easily and neither will German car lovers.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by laidthrice(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2013
Well I personally see No reason why we will compare german cars and japanese cars, we should be comparing japanese and korean cars, german cars are precise, innovative, gone are the days when you say the are not economical, this days they all are cos they have to check their emmission level, so please german cars are the best, when you drive a german car it handles like nothing else, But a japanese car you would be scared.
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by laidthrice(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2013
That's so not true, a merc keep its forms @ all times, but you see a honda car and toyota car wrinkle and loose body shape, you can neva compare a merc to a toyota! Its like comparing a concorde jet to a sesna aircraft.
baby-boy:

Japanese car industry uses less raw materials to make a car, thats why you hardly see a Japanese car that rust, you are more likely to see rust on a Merc than a Honda
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by omonnakoda: 8:01am On Oct 23, 2013
How do all these theories relate to Formula One or other racing Sports

I do not think it is still Correct to call Volkswgen German. It is of German origin but it is now a multinational company With Spanish(SEAT) and Italian (Lamboghini and Bugatti) ,British (Rolls Royce) and Czech (Skoda) Marquees. As such its technology, ownership and sphere of operation are not "GERMAN"

In the same vein it is no longer accurte to call Land Rover British
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by iheneme(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2013
dante23:

The truth is that the japanese cars that were built at the same time as those german cars developing stretch marks have long been buried and forgotten.
What would you say about Mercedes 190?
Re: Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? by pannyman(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Well, I have only driven Japanese so I cannot make a comment about what it feels like to drive a German car.

However, I do know that the German cars have a reputation for being over-engineered and expensive to maintain, which counts against them in the minds of many car buyers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.