Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This (61741 Views)

I've Got An Interview To Attend But I've Chicken Pox. What Should I Do?? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / Job Interview With Ease, (if U Are About To Attend An Interview U Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2008
bee84, I hope someone will come around to share with you.

Best of luck. wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by anietie01: 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2008
hey are you not tired of always running after employers? Let the employers run after you for a change. Post your CVs at Exood by clicking here: http://exood.com/jobs/index.php it afford the employers the chance to find you fast. Its purely Nigerian and is free. No registration charges.

And do you know that for the time you spend surfing the web, you can make $10 for each mail you read? Its no scam and it cost you nothing to start but your time. sign up for a free account by clicking the link here http://rolex-mails.com/pages/index.php?refid=martluther3 they pay you $250 for signing up and you get $10 each time they send you a mail and you actually read the mail and visit the sites. You don't get to pay nothing.

I just withdrew a $1000 dollars into my paypal account and i will testify that it is real. I joined four weeks ago.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by IYKEMARIO: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2008
u did a great job for those tips cos i failed 2 interviews in d past due to lack of knowledge of interview tips. i hope to succeed wit dis. tnx one more
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bayojones: 6:52am On Mar 15, 2008
the results of the ibplc test of jan 19th at unilag is out go to etiebet's place on mobolaji bank anthony way ikeja to ask. it is pasted there, only 136 passed. so y did dey call the whole of lagos to come nd write d test? anyhow
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by MARYU: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2008
hello house pl i need bank phb recent test format!!! i should hopefully write a test on thursday in lag.pl reply. one lov
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by speak2me: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ peternoman

THANX 4D INFO WOULD APPLY ASAP,

HOLLA cool
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by gregdog: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2008

A professional organization requires the services of the following in line with our re-branding strategy, outstanding opportunities now exist for committed and resourceful individuals in the following fields.

Find attached the details of the advert

Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by debbylam21: 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2008
Great job,thanks for the detailed information, cheesy
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by yahuze(f): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
New presenters wanted for a new tv program . see www.artistezone.com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by owanateh: 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2008
JOB VACANCY

A Prestigious MicroFinance Bank located in Victoria Island, Lagos requires the services of young, innovative, highly imaginative Pre and Post Corp Members/ interns and seeking higher challenges and responsibilities.

Interested Applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae to the following Email Address:
jobsgmfb@yahoo.com

Hurry while this golden opportunity last, the pay is very attractive. be a part of this beautiful experience.

THANK YOU
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by ddoby(f): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
thanks a mill, swordsman.
i appreciate your effort and im sure others do. im getting ready for nbc test on the 17th and with ur help, i'll do well if i get called for an interview. i'm hopeful.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by siya(f): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2008
please if u know any architect, i mean good and smart one exp or none u can send ur cv to me my company is recruiting. interview is soon. must be smart and able to meet dead line.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by TalentMan: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2008
A lot of guys here have done a good job of talking about employability only from the point of interviewiing skills and I must give kudos to you guys.

As a practising HR manager, I would love to point out that the term "employability" refers to more than interviewing skills. The term refers to the sum total of a candidate's suitability for the job role in terms of knowledge,, skills and attitude. You could also include aptitude and professional qualifications.

The process of recruitment and selection is usually highlighted by the interview which a lot of graduates perceive as the most important part of the process. The truth is that most times, the interview is not a clear indicator of actual job performance. Smart companies use a lot of interesting assessments to determine employability, not for a job but for a career.

Today's companies want tangible and demonstrable skills from graduates even at point of entry. The big question is "where would graduates get these skills?" Definitely not our universities.

A few people are trying to provide answers to this questions. We need to have training programmes that will provide demonstrable skills for graduates who want to giove themselves a headstart.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Devirus2: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2008
what's up landers, who was callrd for notore's interview in portharcourt? we wrote the exam @ michellin in p town and yet no show? wither na!!!!!!!!1
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by Malyq06(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2008
HAS ANyoNE HEarD fRoM NBC? Pls SHAre yOUr ViewZ
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 11:49am On Apr 25, 2008
Great one TalentMan,

Since you are an HR person, you will be in a good position to know better wink

Will love to get your contact details so that we can look at ways of working
together in terms of facilitating trainings in issues you have mentioned. I am
sure a lot of landers will be glad. If you agree, I won't mind looking for sponsors
to get us started.

Please visit any of my websites: http://www.naijamotivation.com or http://www.careerboostingtips.com and leave a comment for me. Drop your
phone number and email and I will follow you up from there Sir.

Waiting to hear from you pretty soon wink
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2008
Hi guys, sorry I have been away for so long. Busy with a lof of stuffs in the past months.

Will be back soon and with great informatin that will make everybody's dream come true.

Keep up the fight and you will all surely win.

Love ya all kiss
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by outlaws(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2008
cool

You don't really need to waste money for interviews if the person is in a good mood and like you, you will get the position if not is just another wasted time.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by JPWireles: 5:40pm On May 05, 2008
Hi Guys, Got this juicy info from a friend, says a blue chip Telecom firm in Victoria Island is in urgent need of Marketing Executives.

The candidates must possess:

1. A university degree (min of 2.2) from a reputable university or its equivalent.

2. Not more than 33 years of age

3. Relevant Experience is an added advantage

4. Good communication and inter personal skills.

What of Remuneration? I heard Very Very attractive.

If you are Intertested, send your CV's with scan passport on top as an attachment to jobs@jpwireless.net

Wish you best of luck.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by dupsy09(f): 8:52am On May 09, 2008
Hi I got this interview tips from Baker Hughes site. Check it out, It might be of help:

[b]After reviewing your application and resume, a Baker Hughes recruiter may invite you to interview with the Company.

The interview is your opportunity show us who you are and demonstrate what it is that you can contribute to our High Performance organization.

Your responses are important as this interview will help our recruiters determine if you are a good fit for the Company. First impressions are everything. So ensure that you are prepared to put forth your very best.

Here are some general tips for executing a successful interview:

Set a goal. Determine what it is you are looking for in a company and in a position. Your interview will be a success if you are meeting with a company that you are truly interested in joining. Does the company align with your personal goals? Does the company offer the type of work environment you are seeking?

Dress to Impress. Presentation is important. While your appearance alone won’t land you a job, it is important to look your very best. Professional attire and a neat appearance are key.

Be confident. It’s okay to be nervous, but don't let that feeling overwhelm you. You are starting a career so it's normal to feel a bit of anxiety, and recruiters understand that. But, stay focused on the interview and be yourself.

Make eye contact. Eye contact is one of the most important aspects of nonverbal communication and can make a significant difference in how you present yourself. Looking away when you are speaking to someone can be interpreted as a lack of confidence or interest on your part.

Prepare. This is important for many reasons. Recruiters want to know that you are interested in more than a job. It is important for you to know something about the Company, the business, and the leadership.

Research the company via the Web, review the Company's Annual Report, or search for news sources that can offer information about the Company's current events.
Learn the company's values. Do your values alignwith those of the company? How? Be prepared to demonstrate this in the interview.
Plan answers to some of the questions typically asked at interviews (see below)
Typical interview questions:

Why are you interested in the Company?
What do you know about our business?
What qualities/skills do you have which make you a good fit for the Company?
What are you looking for in the position you choose?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Be on time. Make sure you know where the interview is going to be held. Also, give yourself plenty of time to arrive in case anything unexpected should arise—traffic, getting lost, etc.

Ask questions. It is important for you to ask questions in your interview. You not only demonstrate your interest in the company, but you will also learn more about the organization. Your interview is a two-way conversation. You can utilize the time to ensure that the company is a good fit for you.

Answer questions. During your interview, speak clearly, confidently, and slowly. If you don't understand a question being asked, you can always ask the recruiter to clarify for you. It's okay to not know the answer to something, but never pretend to know something. Always make sure that your answers are relevant to the questions the recruiter is asking. Most importantly, answer your questions honestly and with enthusiasm
.[/b]
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by stevenolis: 1:31pm On May 09, 2008
If you really wnat to be self employ just get me on contact and if still want be doing something to make money the payable for a start is ok just call 08030895529
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by lekssyde: 1:51pm On May 09, 2008
HELLO EVERYBODY I HEARD INVESTMENT AND ALLIED ASSURANCE HAS BE LISTED AND THEY DID REVERSE SPLIT OF 4:1. IS IT TRUE, HOW MUCH WAS IT LIST.
LEKAN
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by mustilola(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2008
mm
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by bolaoni(m): 8:06pm On May 12, 2008
regards to all that have kept this thread going on. wink

I have decided not to share a job interview tip for today but a story that will
definitely change a lot of lives. Trust me on this wink

I met someone last week that shared her story with me and after listening to
this GREAT story, I have made a commitment to share it with the whole world.
This is not only an inspiring story, it is a life-changing one that will turn anybody's
life around.

I am sure when you read this story, you will NEVER have any cause to complain
again and whatever it is you are looking for in life, you will pursue it with renewed
courage, even if you have abandoned it.

Welcome to the world of this role model of a lady by visiting the link below to read
this story:

http://www.naijamotivation.com/2008/05/12/courage
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by cascade: 5:09pm On May 16, 2008
thx,y'al esp you, Frankies, you summed it up
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by klomak(m): 3:56pm On May 21, 2008
i took what i learnt from here, talked to God about my problem and 2day got my job. i think that "GOd" factor makes the difference
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by legba1(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2008
poor me,should have read through these pieces before now.sure been lacking some knowledge as mention in your post.thankz to you guys.certain my subsequent interviews will be better off.appreciate you guysGod bless you all.
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by jt4life: 6:25pm On May 22, 2008
Check out for the lastest jobs in Nigeria companies online.
www.jobs4allnigerians..com
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by mobolajiA: 2:09pm On May 27, 2008
Hi bolaoni,
Am a new guy here and just saw ur piece on interviews and the rest.
they great and quite inspiring.
pls do keep it up. one love
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by lanre47: 10:43am On May 28, 2008
you guys are doing great job pls keep it up though am a new member of this great forum,i feel the good work.pls i need a job in an IT firm.i have certification in oracle Database 10g(DBA).someone should pls help,
Re: Preparing To Attend An Interview? Read This by anokam(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2008
What are the questions that are likely to be asked in an intrview.as regards Banking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal University Of Health Sciences, 2020 FUHSO Recruitment / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / "Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.