Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel (1385 Views)

This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater / Nigeria's First Underwater Lounge Berths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by ceomike(m): 11:13pm On May 08, 2012
When it comes to tourism, Dubai stands out and they are not taking chances at all. Just days after the project by China to build the World's first underground hotel, the city of Dubai looks set to shock everyone as they plan to build the World's first underwater hotel.

Building company Drydocks World and Swiss firm BIG InvestConsult are working together to develop underwater hotels, including the "Water Discus Hotel" in Dubai, reports news.au.com.

The plans for the Water Discus Hotels include various components, ensuring all guests can explore underwater in luxury. There are two spherical buildings (they look like giant spaceships) - an underwater and above-water one - connected by three legs providing stabilization and a long, vertical shaft that contains a elevator and stairway.

The elevator takes guests 32 feet below the surface of the ocean, where the 21 hotel rooms, dive center and a bar are located. It's being reported that each guest room will have special lighting so guests can photograph the sea life around them, and guests will be able to operate "miniature vehicles", designed by Deep Ocean Technology, that will take blown-up photographs of the surrounding sea creatures.

“Today, the advent of new technology made the heart of the ocean a setting not only for diving, but also for luxurious holidays," a BIG InvestConsult spokesperson said. "Now the innovative concept of Water Discus Hotels makes it all possible.”
Dubai is also home to the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest building.

Your thoughts?

SOurce: http://www.michaelokeje.com/2012/05/dubai-to-build-underwater-hotel.html

Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:17am On May 09, 2012
Well, it's now official....they've finally lost the plot!!! Talk about having more money than sense.
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by Mynd44: 1:48am On May 09, 2012
Money eventually drive it's owner mad and this is one evidence buy lets wait and see they might actually pull it off. I am still waiting for their airconditioned football stadia for the world cup sha
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by NegroNtns(m): 2:26am On May 09, 2012
Good point Mynd.
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by PhysicsQED(m): 2:27am On May 09, 2012
I thought an underwater hotel already existed? I'm pretty sure I saw a video of that, but maybe this is the first fully underwater hotel.
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by tpia5: 2:36am On May 09, 2012
interesting concept and photos.

some aquariums already have some underground displays- this is an extension of that i suppose.

would like to know how it works out.
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by Mynd44: 2:51am On May 09, 2012
tpia@:

some aquariums already have some underground displays- this is an extension of that i suppose.

It is going to be more of a land inside water where the water has been pumped out and replaced with air. The placed will probably be enclosed with air and stuff. I personally think it might not be economically viable cos of the cost of setting that up and the boundary might just gulp all the money but hey these Arab guys have the dough to burn so lets sit back and see how they go about it
Re: Dubai To Build World's First "Underwater"hotel by mizne1: 5:16am On May 09, 2012
tpia@:

I want to know[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment Threat: Jonathan Bows To Reps / What People Could Do For Their Country. Funny / Finally He Has Been Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.