Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here (50555 Views)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Uniben Faculty Of Education Aspirants Meet Here / Uniport 2011/2012 Newly Admitted Student And Aspirants Meet Here:: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by PtBlank: 6:57pm On May 10, 2012
mZ sleeq: na wa o.plz, au do i start a nu topic here,i v bin roamin abt sinx.tnx
plus, am scared of d masters gan sef.must i go thru d pain of masterz b4 i can get a well payin jobcos personally,am tired of readin!:|

From the Nairaland front page, selection the appropriate section for the topic you want to post. From the page that opens, scroll down a lil bit ( just on top of the topics), you'll see the number of pages for topics in that section, beside those page numbers, you'll see 'create a new post'. Click on the link and type in the box provided.

Happy Posting! angry

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 10, 2012
paleo: @house,pls it is possible 1 runs 2 different master degree in d same school @ d same tym.....am hopin 2 do dat in unibadan thou..Pls do you think it's visible...i need d 2 different master degrees lyk mad but dont av tym 2 spear @ all..i don old 4 house die...pls.any viable and reasonable advice is welcom pls..thanks

^
hardbody: @ Paleo

You need to improve your written english except you are planning on running Masters programmes in French and German
ogbeni wetin be your own? abeg free am and mind your own business.
@paleo... you too that "gbagaun" too much now

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Voned(f): 7:06pm On May 10, 2012
Please house I have a Bsc in computer Science thinking of doing masters in Economics will I need to do Pgd before doing that.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 10, 2012
[quote
author=Pt Blank]

From the Nairaland front page, selection the appropriate section for the
topic you want to post. From the page that opens, scroll down a lil bit
( just on top of the topics), you'll see the number of pages for topics
in that section, beside those page numbers, you'll see 'create a new
post'. Click on the link and type in the box provided.

Happy Posting! angry[/quote]
tnx a bunch!
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by dan55: 7:50pm On May 10, 2012
gosh
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 7:53pm On May 10, 2012
Jst to deviate alittle is there anything like masters without thesis cos my friend who is currently doin his masters in Turkey said he is doin a masters without thesis and for that reason it is cheaper than masters with thesis..(Don't even knw wht that means)

To answer your question with the limited knowledge I have on BSc/PG Diploma/MSc etc, I have never heard of Masters without Thesis. Having Schooled in the UK (and answering you question based on my UK knowledge), you cannot earn an "MSc Degree" without writing your dissertation (thesis/project or whatever you choose to call it). However, if you choose not to write your dissertation for whatever reason, you will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma degree as long as you pass all your modules. As your friend mentioned, it is cheaper to study for a Postgraduate Diploma degree than a Masters degree. I would be surprised if you friend is awarded a "Masters" certificate after completion -Who knows the Turkish system might be different.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by iconics: 7:57pm On May 10, 2012
Nice topic. I just finished my BSc in Economics and want to do an MBA (Part time) at LAUTECH, does any one have any info as per the duration and cost implication? Thanks
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 7:59pm On May 10, 2012
paleo: @house,pls it is possible 1 runs 2 different master degree in d same school @ d same tym.....am hopin 2 do dat in unibadan thou..Pls do you think it's visible...i need d 2 different master degrees lyk mad but dont av tym 2 spear @ all..i don old 4 house die...pls.any viable and reasonable advice is welcom pls..thanks

I hate to correct folks but if you're going to Uni to study for an MSc degree, you should at least be able to use your spell checker. No one is perfect and no one knows it all but please use your spell checker.

Its not Thou but Though
not visible but feasible
not spear but spare

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 8:06pm On May 10, 2012
twaintoy: I had b.sc in mass communication and I want to go for masters, plz house advice me, masters in what should I go for??

No one can choose for you. You need to take time out to identify your areas of interest and where your strengths lie (don't be lazy, its your future at stake!!!). At the end of the day, you'll be the one attending lectures and writing your project.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by maxinejoel(f): 8:07pm On May 10, 2012
twaintoy: Unilag
wen is the sales of forms closing. Need ds info asap
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Sagytarius(m): 8:09pm On May 10, 2012
TinTin18:

I hate to correct folks but if you're going to Uni to study for an MSc degree, you should at least be able to use your spell checker. No one is perfect and no one knows it all but please use your spell checker.

Its not Thou but Though
not visible but feasible
not spear but spare
this is what facebook "short-forms" has caused. It saddens.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Lillyeean(f): 8:10pm On May 10, 2012
Pls does anyone have an idea of when U.I will start selling their Masters' form......pls I beg you keep me posted........
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by aweebaby(f): 8:12pm On May 10, 2012
hotmoney: Which of our universities are currently admitting students for masters program?
Unilag has started selling form for 20k,my friend wants to buy a PGD form because she graduated wit 3rd class but d dept she wants said d accept 3rd class for masters.she has gone to get her transcript so that she can apply.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by chemashie(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2012
Unilag postgraduate form is on, d form goes for 20k. The school fees should be around 150k. Am a current pg student in chemistry dept(MSc Physical Chem).
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Galads(m): 8:19pm On May 10, 2012
Just graduated with a lower credit in marine engineering from a maritime school here in Nigeria.I intend to further and upgrade my result but don't wanna do a pgd course but direct masters in computer software or any good Management course.pls house what ¶§ τ̣̣ђё possibility of my plan working
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Youhesh(m): 8:20pm On May 10, 2012
Can someone with a BSc(Ed) in Biology study for masters in Enviromental Toxicology and Pollution control in Unilag? Anybody pls.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by DisGuy: 8:24pm On May 10, 2012
these universities them no get website?

all these 'selling sellings of application forms sef undecided
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Yeske2(m): 8:30pm On May 10, 2012
Please does anyone know how much the masters programme in Uniben cost? Just checked the website and only the cost of the scratch card was pasted #11,500.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by gaddafe(m): 8:44pm On May 10, 2012
Yeske!:
Please does anyone know how much the masters programme in Uniben cost? Just checked the website and only the cost of the scratch card was pasted #11,500.
Cost of scratch card-11,500
Clearance fee-34,250
School fees -ranges from 74000-150000 or even more depending on the programme you're studying
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 8:52pm On May 10, 2012
TinTin18:

Its not Thou but Though
not visible but feasible
not spear but spare
thanks sister.i think u are d only reasonable fellow i av com across here on nairaland.saw d mistake and tried re-editing my post earlier thou but, it wont work.so i just had 2 let it go..was usin a phone 2 type and i was usin my dictionary mode on..and 2 u hardboy and ondoboy,if u do look closely and read btw d lines,u'll see i was tryin as much as possible 2 convey my message in simple terms so people would understand wat i meant and giv me d best of decisions..bliv me.should i go on d standard english,i bet neither of u would b able 2 stand me..Well, i need 2 understand dat dis is nairaland land where kids gather 2 spew sh*t....

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by AngelEbi(f): 9:05pm On May 10, 2012
Thanks a lot for this thread. Its timely.
Pls, which university, preferably federal owned, has a masters degree program in public health n wat are d requirements.
My papa don tire for me for dis house.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 9:08pm On May 10, 2012
Pt Blank:

Do you have an idea how much they charge in Unilorin for tuition? Tho my first degree is Physics, I intend doing a masters in Educational Management there. I guess I might have to do a PGDE first. Not sure tho.
hazvat :
How much is unilorin masters program for this year.
d form is 25k but 4 d fee,i am sure it wount b up 2 a 100k..i do av a coursemate runnin his masters program presently and he said,it was bout 60 to 70k.cant really remember d exact figure thou but i need 2 point out dat,he is doin his program under d faculty of Arts .i want 2 bliv d fee varies from department 2 department..u can check more bout d school and possibly their fee on d website..www.unilorin.edu.ng 4 more info.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 9:19pm On May 10, 2012
paleo: thanks sister.i think u are d only reasonable fellow i av com across here on nairaland.saw d mistake and tried re-editing my post earlier thou but, it wont work.so i just had 2 let it go..was usin a phone 2 type and i was usin my dictionary mode on..and 2 u hardboy and ondoboy,if u do look closely and read btw d lines,u'll see i was tryin as much as possible 2 convey my message in simple terms so people would understand wat i meant and giv me d best of decisions..bliv me.should i go on d standard english,i bet neither of u would b able 2 stand me..Well, i need 2 understand dat dis is nairaland land where kids gather 2 spew sh*t....

Calm down and take corrections! I did not try to put you down in anyway neither was I trying to compete with you in English writing grin. If you claim to having been trying to convey your message in 'simple terms', you would at least have tried to type most of the words you used correctly - that's my opinion.

At the end of the day, you want to be taken seriously, so write legibly. Having said that, I don't think it's right to make excuses when one has clearly shown inadequacies (that's my opinion again). All the same, I sincerely wish you well in your MSc studies and all your endeavours.

Bless!
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Jaymarius(f): 9:20pm On May 10, 2012
Pls,i need advice.i had my b.sc in pure and applied chemistry,nd i wiish to av my masters in food analysis or quality control.pls which institution offers any of these?
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 10, 2012
paleo: thanks sister.i think u are d only reasonable fellow i av com across here on nairaland.saw d mistake and tried re-editing my post earlier thou but, it wont work.so i just had 2 let it go..was usin a phone 2 type and i was usin my dictionary mode on..and 2 u hardboy and ondoboy,if u do look closely and read btw d lines,u'll see i was tryin as much as possible 2 convey my message in simple terms so people would understand wat i meant and giv me d best of decisions..bliv me.should i go on d standard english,i bet neither of u would b able 2 stand me..Well, i need 2 understand dat dis is nairaland land where kids gather 2 spew sh*t....
hehe! dude you're spitting shit..i wonder the kinda "chop-i-chop" institution you graduated from. tintin(f) just corrected you and you went on commiting thesame blunder... hehe! @ "standard english", guess you meant to type yoruba english... LMAO!! brb

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 9:25pm On May 10, 2012
purpose100:

You can't pull that stunt in I.U,i tell. Maybe it is possible in other schools,but not U.I.

But av u consider different schools which are not too far from eachother? E.g Unilag & LASU, ABK & U.I, OAU & U.I etc. Considering the distance btw these combinations,couple with a part-time job and your own seriousness,i tink it is doable. Best of luck.
thanks sister.i do know already dat it wont b possible i run both masters in d same school..well,been contemplatin unibadan and unilorin thou just scared bout d distance and d tym fixture 4 lectures.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 9:25pm On May 10, 2012
AngelEbi: Thanks a lot for this thread. Its timely.
Pls, which university, preferably federal owned, has a masters degree program in public health n wat are d requirements.
My papa don tire for me for dis house.

College of Medicine - University of Ibadan (http://www.comui.edu.ng/Research/ICH/MPH). However, I think you should do a google search, I did and found U.I. grin
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by TinTin18(f): 9:27pm On May 10, 2012
ondo_boi:
hehe! dude you're spitting shit..i wonder the kinda "chop-i-chop" institution you graduated from. tintin(f) just corrected you and you went on commiting thesame blunder... hehe! @ "standard english", guess you meant to type yoruba english... LMAO!! brb

Dude, you're too funny grin grin grin
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by twaintoy(f): 9:27pm On May 10, 2012
Thanks @TinTin18. Unilag form is out, it sells for 20k and it closes on the 8th of June, I was at the school on monday.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 10, 2012
TinTin18:

Dude, you're too funny grin grin grin
no mind me jare, na that my brother(paleo) vex me...i don forgive am shar
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 9:47pm On May 10, 2012
@ondo boi,seriously, i am truly not ready 4 any debate ryt now..I understand where u're attackin from and i guess i should let ur case rest cos if i do continue dis argument,bliv me,it would never com 2 an end..well,thanks 4 ur contributions thou and i want u 2 know it was appreciated.lyk i said earlier,typin from a phone is way different from typin wit ur p.c...if u cant accommodate my mistakes,i'll recommend u wait til i get hold of my laptop so u can comprehend watever is it i type..thanks.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by 1121: 10:06pm On May 10, 2012
Pls, does anybody knows if OAU runs PhD in physical/ theoritical chemistry and if their PG form is out ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Bride Writing Her Exams In Benue State University On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / 35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.