Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here (50264 Views)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Uniben Faculty Of Education Aspirants Meet Here / Uniport 2011/2012 Newly Admitted Student And Aspirants Meet Here:: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by jinduokoroma: 7:31am On May 11, 2012
Interesting
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by babzynkyahoocom(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2012
Unilorin is the best place to be for post graduate courses. They accept 1st class from other schools and a 2nd class upper from their school but if u av less than that u'l av to be subjected to a little exam which u'l have to score above 50%.
25k form and a fee ranging from 60k to 12k for masters with a minimum 1 year and max 1 1/2 years duration.
For more info go to www.unilorin.edu.ng and click postgraduate and after that click log in. U don't av to log in but there u'l see everythin u need to know: courses, durations, fees,etc.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by mamaafrik(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2012
Funaab runs it but dont knw if form is still available sha.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by maasoap(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2012
@T22,
is it possible for someone who study Agricultural Economics apply for Master Degree in Economics without PGD?
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by babzynkyahoocom(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2012
Unilorin form closes by june 11
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 7:43am On May 11, 2012
chemashie: Unilag postgraduate form is on, d form goes for 20k. The school fees should be around 150k. Am a current pg student in chemistry dept(MSc Physical Chem).
My problem with Unilag is that lectures are done on weekdays for part time. Busy folks like me that close so late on weekdays are disadvantaged. Can anybody advice. I so much want to do my MBA in Unilag.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Synthase(m): 7:47am On May 11, 2012
Jaymarius: Pls,i need advice.i had my b.sc in pure and applied chemistry,nd i wiish to av my masters in food analysis or quality control.pls which institution offers any of these?

have you considered an M.sc Analytical chemistry? Food analysis and quality control is part of d course work and you won't be limited to food analysis and quality control.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by saintugo(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2012
Gudday house,presently i knw of 2skols sellin deir masters form nw,but hv full details abt Uniben,d application starts on d 5th of dis month 2end on d 30th,u hv 2log into deir site,register and print out an e transact payment slip wit which u pay at d bank,forms cost 11,500naira,d link is: uniben-kofa.waeup.org/applicants
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by honey001(m): 8:16am On May 11, 2012
Which is more lucrative and viable btw MBA and Msc Economics?
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by PtBlank: 8:17am On May 11, 2012
MarcAnthon: Why don't you all take two months off whatever you do (that's if you even need that much time), write GRE, do great, apply to schools in the US and if you actually had 2:1 or better coming off undergrad and your GRE scores are tight, you can get full funding for masters in the US, or about 70% funding at least. Seek info about this and expand your horizons. Undergrad abroad may be for the rich but masters? No. I'm yet to see a masters student in the US who is paying for his/her studies. It's either you are on a scholarship or you are a Teaching or Research Assistant. You get your school fees paid and they give you money for upkeep every month end.
Masters in the UK requires money. About 20K pounds, cos all they want to do is collect your money. But in the US they really are interested in building you up and most of the schools are rich and have massive endowment funds.
Y'all don't limit yourselves. While a masters in the US is not the end of the world, it definitely will give you a good head start. So think about it, and seek more info. GRE is also doable if you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the information. Been doing a search on Google for this. Can you give us any website(s) where one can access the scholarship?
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by yvonne4(f): 8:41am On May 11, 2012
pls when is UNIABUJA admiting students for Masters Programme?
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Sijo01(f): 8:45am On May 11, 2012
paleo: @businesstools.pls are u sure dat uniben form is presently out cos i really doubt that thou..bin followin their site still no info yet..pls house,when is UNIBADAN form comin out...bin waitin 4 their form lyk 4eva..unilorin's form is presently out thou and its 25k.more info on unilorin.edu.ng...heard unilag is also out thou but i av not confirmed dat myself...

Uniben form is out n sales wil stp on 30th May 12:
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2012
please are you serious about this..Jeez,that's a long wait.,the price of the form is okay thou but, the time it will be out is so far from now.if indeed the form comes out by september,please do you have idea when admission'll be out and,when the programme itself will start...A friend once told me i should expect the form by month end.i sincerely pray he's right about that..cant wait till d end of d year o..what will i be doing @ home...please update me Asap.thanks hommy..
maasoap: UI forms is #10k and will be out in September. The school fee is #93k. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Sijo01(f): 8:54am On May 11, 2012
saintugo: Gudday house,presently i knw of 2skols sellin deir masters form nw,but hv full details abt Uniben,d application starts on d 5th of dis month 2end on d 30th,u hv 2log into deir site,register and print out an e transact payment slip wit which u pay at d bank,forms cost 11,500naira,d link is: uniben-kofa.waeup.org/applicants

correct info!

Pls do u hv an idea of d school fees?
I intend goin 4 Pub. Admin. Hv filld d form but yet to printout d e.transt paymnt slip. Jst wnt to b sure of hw much d whol progm wil cost.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by twaintoy(f): 8:58am On May 11, 2012
Thanks Tanimola, i was wondering too because mass communication is under social sciences while english is under arts, on the other hand, some schools have mass comm under arts although i went to a private school and we have ours under social sciences which is B.sc. Anyway, i am planning to go for masters in mass comm and specializing in Advert and Public Relations.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by orichimarou: 9:07am On May 11, 2012
@house,i studied Elect/elect Eng. been looking for a job for so long now but nothing and time is not waiting for me. i have decided to go for masters and will really appreciate the house advise on what is best for my Bsc.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by hamsky: 9:10am On May 11, 2012
Got an offer from Newcastle university though my grades in my final exams dis month is wat decides it all...make una pray for me ohh.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2012
MarcAnthon: Why don't you all take two months off whatever you do (that's if you even need that much time), write GRE, do great, apply to schools in the US and if you actually had 2:1 or better coming off undergrad and your GRE scores are tight, you can get full funding for masters in the US, or about 70% funding at least. Seek info about this and expand your horizons. Undergrad abroad may be for the rich but masters? No. I'm yet to see a masters student in the US who is paying for his/her studies. It's either you are on a scholarship or you are a Teaching or Research Assistant. You get your school fees paid and they give you money for upkeep every month end.
Masters in the UK requires money. About 20K pounds, cos all they want to do is collect your money. But in the US they really are interested in building you up and most of the schools are rich and have massive endowment funds.
Y'all don't limit yourselves. While a masters in the US is not the end of the world, it definitely will give you a good head start. So think about it, and seek more info. GRE is also doable if you know what you're doing.
thanks brother.i am interested in this programme..how do i get started with it.please can you share any valuable link or information about this programme..it does sound interesting but i dont have idea about how it's been operated..thanks.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:13am On May 11, 2012
My friend holds HND (Sec. Studies). He will be finishing his MBA (Marketing) by August 2012 and wishes to be a lecturer in a University. Kindly advise him on how to go about it. Thanks.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by paleo(m): 9:19am On May 11, 2012
Sijo01:

Uniben form is out n sales wil stp on 30th May 12:
thanks for the information sister..please,do you have idea on how long the programme will last in uniben and probably the fee..do you think it could be a year or @ max,18 months.wil b doin my masters under faculty of Arts,department of Religions..am not ready to spend 2 years on my masters programme..unilorin would have been better wen it comes to time duration of masters degree.but i stil would prefare either unibadan or uniben..
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Sijo01(f): 9:33am On May 11, 2012
paleo: thanks for the information sister..please,do you have idea on how long the programme will last in uniben and probably the fee..do you think it could be a year or @ max,18 months.wil b doin my masters under faculty of Arts,department of Religions..am not ready to spend 2 years on my masters programme..unilorin would have been better wen it comes to time duration of masters degree.but i stil would prefare either unibadan or uniben..

my dear, ur questns ar wat am yet to find an ansa to. N i reali nid d ansa badly. My ofix 2d campus is jst a car drop but d time 2go der is wat i dnt hv. D contct i hv in d sch ar nt even helpin matters. Wil try n visit n wil kip u postd but dnt kno wen yet.

If u get an update b4 me, pls dnt hesitate 2holla.

Tnx.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Jalal(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2012
Interesting thread!
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Jaymarius(f): 10:06am On May 11, 2012
Synthase:
have you considered an M.sc Analytical chemistry? Food analysis and quality control is part of d course work and you won't be limited to food analysis and quality control.
thanx a lot.i really appreciate ur response
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by rhamzus(m): 10:08am On May 11, 2012
paleo: @businesstools.pls are u sure dat uniben form is presently out cos i really doubt that thou..bin followin their site still no info yet..pls house,when is UNIBADAN form comin out...bin waitin 4 their form lyk 4eva..unilorin's form is presently out thou and its 25k.more info on unilorin.edu.ng...heard unilag is also out thou but i av not confirmed dat myself...

UNIBEN PG form is out, their link is below
https://uniben-kofa.waeup.org/applicants/pgft2012/register
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by osifred(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2012

If ¶ tell you ¶ want to do my masters in Nigeria then am lying.
¶ graduated with a first class from a university in Ghana (does that count in anyway?)
Please ¶ will appreciate if you can furnish M̶̲̥̅Ƹ with more information about scholarship for masters in the US. U̶̲̥̅̊ can reach M̶̲̥̅Ƹ via my mail: wokofred4reel@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by alaanu(m): 10:24am On May 11, 2012
Is there any University whether private or Public that admit into M.Phil in Human Resource, Personnel management or Industrial Industrial. I have M.Sc in Organizational Behaviour (Bus. Admin Faculty)with just 3.00 CGPA.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by garnetty(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2012
Pls i need on update on UNILAGS Masters Program in Law. The cost of form, selection process and other important info. Thanks
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by letonB(f): 11:16am On May 11, 2012
which Nigerian university will accept a 2.8 points 1st degree (computer science) for masters in Computer Science? currently as against a 3.0 point
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by Nobody: 11:42am On May 11, 2012
tanimola22:

This will be a long one, a very long thing indeed. Why not start from ICAN or ACCA or CIBN and then move ahead from there? You will need a more rigorous background to handle Economics at Master's degree level. I am afraid, your background is in a field that has nix to do with Economics. Food science has zero direct correlation with your prospective course(s). Nonetheless all hope is not lost sha. You can still do something. Keep reading.

Banking and Finance as a course sounds nice, but you will still need to demonstrate an understanding of Accounting and other related courses. A very good way to gain experience in all these commercial courses, excluding Economics which is not even a commercial course, is to start ICAN or ACCA.

If you like, you may do a PgDip for almost a year and then switch to any of the above courses. If someone like you wants a Master's degree in Economics, then you must do a PgDip in Economics. This is a naija rule. To the best of my knowledge, someone with your background has no shortcut route other than to go the long way. I mean, you are switching fields. You can't just do that overnight, you can't just move into a new field that others spent many years learning about. You can only do this if your background is extremely very related to the new field you intending switching to, unless you want to attend any of those less reputable naija schools. I unfortunately do not know anything about such schools. My submission is entirely based on the decent schools in naija.

So, in summary: ICAN or ACCA or even CIBN helps you get a solid professional knowledge. PgDip builds your foundation for a successful Master's degree in a field that is entirely unrelated to your undergrad course. PgDip takes at most one year to complete. It is advisable for you to do it in the same field you hope to do your Master's degree.

All the best.

Beleive u me @ tanimola22 I appreciate the exaustive xplanaition. Cant be more grateful! And sorry am commenting now. This is cos am just logging in since morning. Pls I still want to ask, how abt doing the PGD/ACCA/ICAN/CIBN and pursuing MBA on-line as someone suggested here? And pls can you give me the full meaning of ACCA and CIBN as am aware that of ICAN. Tanx!
T22.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by jadedmocha(f): 11:49am On May 11, 2012
Appreciate this information. would do as you recommended. i have a first class from a good university in Nigeria. I have a foremost desire to go for my masters abroad. ur so rite about Uk universities, they cost a arm and a leg. would appreciate any help you can help to achieve my aim.
Re: Masters Degree Program Aspirants Meet Here by keller1: 11:50am On May 11, 2012
Hi guys, pls what is the difference in doing masters in national Open University (NOUN) and schools like U.I, unilag and so on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Roof Shot Of The University Of Calabar / SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead / Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.