Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? (2671 Views)

Poll: Will you vote for IBB even if you are influence with money? to be the next president or to go to jail?

Absolutely not: 46% (19 votes)
NO: 2% (1 vote)
yes: 19% (8 votes)
May be: 0% (0 votes)
Neutral: 2% (1 vote)
Send to jail: 29% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) / Ojukwu Canvasses Support For Ibb / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by BigB11(m): 3:33am On Nov 14, 2007
unlike military rule I DO have a say, and public opinion will rise up and defeat IBB's intentions completely
Good point!

So, why are you so scared? You should just allow your tiny vote to count just like the rest.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 3:42am On Nov 14, 2007
debosky
you must be reading my mind. There is a saying you can not teach an old cow new tricks, IBB is a dictator, and selfish person. SAM PERKING one of the richeast man in the world is busy spending his money building the world best yacht. He spend his money in buying and customising the best cars in the world. DO you think he wakes up every day and thinks about poor people? No
If only he can donate some of his money to charity. he will change allots of lives.

Back to the topic, IBB is selfish, ha his chance and he blew it away in smoke. HE will never rule us again.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Vickivicki(m): 4:20am On Nov 14, 2007
Mamajama:

debosky
you must be reading my mind. There is a saying you can not teach an old cow new tricks, IBB is a dictator, and selfish person, ,Back to the topic, IBB is selfish, ha his chance and he blew it away in smoke. HE will never rule us again.

Wil only b an old wine in new skin.Nice one from you.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2007
I would not vote for IBB. But If I have to choose between IBB and OBJ I would gladly choose IBB. Dont compare a military regime to a civilian regime.

If you say IBB did not allow freedom of speech what about during OBJ's military era what did OBJ do to Fela's mum, Corruption; Can anyone remember

the =N=2.8billion scandal of the OBJ's regime in 1978? Electoral fraud OBJ has surpassed IBB by conducting the worst election in world history.

And IBB does not misyarn openly like OBJ. Memorable OBJ's quote include Fighting Apartheid in South Africa with Juju, Asking rich people to marry more wives in

order to alleviate poverty, Claiming Adedibu is the father of Nigerian politics
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by debosky(m): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2007
2.8 billion scam by OBJ/ ok lets assume that is true. . .does that compare to 12billion dollars stolen by IBB?

OBJ had the decency to organise elections and hand over twice. . .what did IBB do? He left the nation in limbo - allowing ABACHA's madness to start. Check the devaluation of the naira in IBB's time, compare to Obj's.

'Misyarning' publicly is not really of much importance. . .I'd prefer a man who will speak his mind plainly than one who smiles while stabbing you in the back. With OBJ you know what you're getting - a stubborn hard man who will hardly bend to suit anyone, but IBB is a conniving thieving crook who will use every form of inducement and corruption to have his way,

Obj claimed Adedibu is the father of PDP, not Nigerian politics, he has the right to his views, just like the rest of us. He has left the scene now and is not engineering a return, unlike the snake in the green grass IBB trying to worm his way in through the back door.

Why can we not compare civillian to military? Ok. . .lets compare their military terms, what did Babangida do in 8 years that OBJ did not achieve in the 3 years he reigned militarily? There is no comparison. OBJ may be a brash and stubborn willed man, but he is readable like a book. No surprises, no secrets.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by angel101(f): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2007
Is this supposed to be a comparison btwn obj and ibb? well obj cannot rule this country again so i wouldnt bother about him.

for those who say u cannot compare military rule to civilian i agree and that shows me even moreso that ibb is unfit to rule this country again. in a military rule, the head of state could very well take unilateral decisions which he did to the detriment of the country. what more good can he possibly do now when he needs the support of the house.

@bigb1 u seem to know some facts that we dont. thats fair enough just dont try to force it down our throats ok.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by ettehgate(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2007
question: will you vote for IBB OR NOT
ettehgate: depends on which party platform he is contesting
and who is his opponent.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by iykrion(m): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
debosky:

2.8 billion scam by OBJ/ ok lets assume that is true. . .does that compare to 12billion dollars stolen by IBB?

That makes both of them thieves. In the next few years, we shall equally hear the true figure of OBJ's loot.

debosky:

OBJ had the decency to organise elections and hand over twice. . .what did IBB do? He left the nation in limbo - allowing ABACHA's madness to start. Check the devaluation of the naira in IBB's time, compare to Obj's.

OBJ was compelled to organise the so called elections by those who believe in democracy, unlike him,  Left to him, who would have hang on to power. How can we forget the infamous THIRD TERM AGENDA that nearly brought governance to a standstill? IBB was compelled not to organise any election, when he did, he was forced to cancel it by those who don't believe in democracy. During the IBB reign, a dollar is equivalent to N80, while during the OBJ era, a dollar became equivalent to N127+.

debosky:

'Misyarning' publicly is not really of much importance. . .I'd prefer a man who will speak his mind plainly than one who smiles while stabbing you in the back. With OBJ you know what you're getting - a stubborn hard man who will hardly bend to suit anyone, but IBB is a conniving thieving crook who will use every form of inducement and corruption to have his way,

These traits are equally found in OBJ. Perhaps, people like Atiku, Dokubo, Ekwueme, Bola Ige, Harry Marshal, (the list is endless) could tell better.

debosky:

Obj claimed Adedibu is the father of PDP, not Nigerian politics, he has the right to his views, just like the rest of us. He has left the scene now and is not engineering a return, unlike the snake in the green grass IBB trying to worm his way in through the back door.

The 1999 Nigeria Constitution made it impossible for OBJ to stage a come back, though he tried to manipulate it through the back door to no avail, but this is not applicable in the case of IBB. OBJ does love to be in power, that's why he stole the chair of PDP's BOT from Anenih. Every body knows the atrocities being perpetrated by Adedibu, if OBJ is different from this man, he wouldn't be associating with him. TELL ME YOUR FRIEND AND I WILL TELL YOU WHOM YOU ARE!

debosky:

Why can we not compare civillian to military? Ok. . .lets compare their military terms, what did Babangida do in 8 years that OBJ did not achieve in the 3 years he reigned militarily? There is no comparison. OBJ may be a brash and stubborn willed man, but he is readable like a book. No surprises, no secrets.

During IBB's regime, he gave us DFRRI, MAMSER, NAFDAC, LNG, More states, more Local Government Areas, No too many strikes by lecturers, cheaper pump price for petroleum products, no importation of petroleum products, functioning of our local refineries among other things. During the OBJ's 3yr reign, he converted the resources meant for Operation Feed the Nation to Obasanjo Farms Ltd. Diversion of funds meant for the ITT and National ID projects to personal accounts. I can go on and on. So, can you see that it's no case of saints and sinners? The only difference between them is that of six and half a dozen.

Let it be on record that I'm not nholding brief for anybody.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2007
Every new leader has 6 months to 12 months to make a change or they will be classify as INEFFECTIVE.

In IBB's case he had 8 GRUELSOME YEARS to make a difference. we can not classify him as ineffective HE IS A TOTAL FAILURE

He had no leadership knowledge or credentials. he should be busy defending Nigerian in times of war and not defrauding the nation.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2007
PLEASE FOCUS. THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT IBB and NOT OBJ. and to you BIGB1 I am sure you are monitoring the vote trend.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by swing4real(m): 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2007
@Big B1

U are still defending this common thief? I am beginning to think something is wrong with you now.What sort of blood is running through your body dude?Are you that blind that you can´t see? That IBB placed this country where we are now? If IBB wants another chance to clean his name there are so many ways to do it and not by making fool of himself.B1 disowe your dad!!! He is not a real man

Back to the topic i will NEVER WILL I VOTE FOR IBB
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by ojimboIV: 10:14am On Nov 15, 2007
not now and not in the next 3 or 7yrs will nigerians vote for the wimp. the brouhaha of june 12 still dangles like a 12tonne brick leashed to his neck. now the common nigerian will ask, if eventually he rigs his way into the presidency, will he have the guts to handover to a civilian? or will he be another mugabe, power-addict and greedy pig holding onto power like it's his death wish. for him to even think he has got the slightest chance of being voted to be president will be the joke of the decade.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by ojimboIV: 10:53am On Nov 15, 2007
@ poster

If IBb bribed you , will you change your vote for IBB?

it's funny how no one's responded to this part of the post. grin
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by BigB11(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2007
It was premature for any one to insinuate that I was harboring an intention to hijack the structures of the party to ventilate my 2011 presidential ambition when the processes of the 2007 general elections are still inconclusive.

“As at date, there is a President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Yar’Adua. It should be the primary responsibility of anyone who wishes Nigeria well to pray for the sustenance of democracy and the present elected executives at the various levels while also not prejudicing those who are at the tribunals,” he said.

IBB 11/15/07.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by IykeD1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2007
He he hen hen. . . Did IBB just issue this particular press release directly to you? smiley
Are we supposed to be "impressed"? OK - let him continue the battle for the soul
of PDP.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by ojimboIV: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
do we need a dynamite to drive the point into ibb's head that people ain't insinuating jack about his ambitions? his policies are archaic and not Y2K compatible. move on man.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by angel101(f): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2007
The statement doesnt mean much anyway
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by McKren(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2007
angel101:

The statement doesnt mean much anyway

You just come out once in a while these days
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
BIGB1 what was your intention with that useless statement?

can you read and can you see the percentage of rejections?

Do you need eye glasses to see people are saying NO MORE TO IBB
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by BigB11(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2007
It is impossible to vote or not to vote for some who has absolutely no interest in being elected.

This is a dead topic.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
@BIGB1
Big B1:

It is impossible to vote or not to vote for some who has absolutely no interest in being elected.

This is a dead topic.

Are you 100% sure your dad has no interest in the next election? don't forget we are use to his dribbling tacktics.

MARADONA and PELE are retired and cant play soccer no more, take that home to the toothless general please.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Kobojunkie: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2007
@Poster, I would rather send him, Obj and the others in their league bullets so they can help Nigeria by taking their ownselves out of the picture. Brutal, yeah!! but I don't think it compares to what they have done to that country so far and I believe if the Nigerian people can not do it for themselves, it would not be a bad idea to ask them all to do it, just one last good deed for the Nigerian people!! grin . That is my opinion and I am sticking with it!
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2007
OK, I will modify the post and add that bullet or firing squad to the options. I don't know if any punishment will befits the toothless general for his atrocities and murder of Innocent people
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by BigB11(m): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2007
Oga, where is your driving license?
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
Babangida has so far remained the most brutal ruler Nigeria has had. Some would award this prize to Sani Abacha, Babangida's successor. But the point should be made that Abacha was a product of Babangida. Babangida's rise to power and subsequent notoriety was not fortuitous. He is reputed to have had a hand in all the coups that balkanised Nigeria up to 1985. In the course of his soldiering he covertly studied and imbibed the tenets of political infamy for which Chile's Augusto Pinochet, Zaire's Mobutu Sese Seko, CAR's Jean Bedel Bokassa, Uganda's Idi Amin Dada and other buccaneering rulers were known.

A ruthless dictator who at the peak of his giddiness told Nigerians that he was an expert in the "management and execution of violence', Babangida cut the image of a wastrel in power. He fiddled while Nigeria burnt. He once admitted that he had no solution to Nigeria's economic problems! Yet he squandered over N40 billion on the ECOMOG misadventure in Liberia and an estimated N45 billion on his endless transition programmes. He has also not been able to account for the $12 billion which the nation earned from the oil windfall during the 1990-1991 Gulf War. The climax of Babangida's rampage was his criminal annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, considered to be Nigeria's freest and fairest.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2007
@BIGB1 This are Nigerians words about IBB. they are not scripted, they are authentic.

Babangida came to power via a military coup 21 years ago, precisely on August 27, 1985. He promised Nigerians the moon in his maiden broadcast. There was nothing he did not promise. The people took his words as a soldier's and a gentleman's. But at the end of Babangida's eight years of political

brigandage, the people's lot was the killing cry. Babangida met a Nigeria that was learning to walk, but by the time he fled Aso Rock he had incapacitated and crippled the nation.

I was a secondary school boy when Babangida stole power and I remember that before his take-over we bought BIC biro for 10 kobo, exercise books for 20 kobo, Geisha and Sardines (which boarding students relished with garri soaked in water) for 90 kobo, while the transport fare from Ughelli to Ibadan was a mere 11 naira! When Babaginda left the saddle in 1993 he took all of the above from the reach of the masses. Babaginda simply stole our tomorrow for his today!
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 3:01am On Nov 29, 2007
BIGGY now that this case is settle. please ask IBB how does he want his balls to be hang? or roasted?

Thank you nairalanders for voting faithfully

My guess will be the three people that vote for IBb are childchris. BIGB1 AND THE FAKE DUDE IY
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by Mamajama(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2007
Babangida’s achievement while in power is a litany of negatives. Under his watch, corruption was liberalized in government. Lies was elevated to the fine art of statecraft. Butchering of opposition which he commenced was perfected by his most trusted lieutant Abacha.

Under him, Nigerian economy was a haemorrhaging patient, which was bled dry by IBB and his cronies. Nigerians suffered unprecedented hardship while he created a lot of directorates to settle his otherwise, would be opposers. His became a government of settlement, where under shady names, national and public utilities and concerns were auctioned off to his empire under the ruse that was privatization.

IBB bought supporters to his rape of Nigeria with fat paychecks. Under him Defense and Police budgets enjoyed precedence over education, health care and Agriculture, as to intimidate his opponents or those who may consider mounting an opposition to his abuse of Nigeria.

SORRY BIGB1 I had to give you a good xmas gift about your fathers diary. shocked shocked grin cheesy tongue
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by deb(m): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2009
Its only in a country like Nigeria that a person like IBB will be walking the street a free man.
He should be in Jail rotting away.

When I hear some Nigerians say they want the man who anulled the freest and fairest elections ever conducted
in the history of our nation back as president then I begin to look at their heads maybe they have anything called brain inside at all.
IBB is the father of corruption.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by deb(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
Some of you may think what I'm about to say is fallacy but I tell you that
A day is coming when the likes of Babangida, OBJ and the rest will be lined up
for either execution or life imprisonment. It will surely happen. Then their generations both existing
and yet to be born will suffer for alot of atrocities committed by their fathers.

Its your call as a Nigerian now to choose the path you want for yourself and your children's children.
You still have your chance now to mend broken heart. This message is not only for those in power
it is for every Nigerian living.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by jamace(m): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2009
NO. I will not vote for him.

He has had his fair share in the governance of Nigeria.
Re: Will You Vote Or Not For Ibb? by JustGood(m): 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2009
No Nigerian who was an adult when Badamosi Babangida was military ruler will ever wish for that kind of rulership again in their lives. . .they wont even wish it upon their enemies.

Only those who were not adults in those days can say they dont mind having Badamosi back to rule over Nigeria or anywhere for that matter. Even having Mugabe is a better option.

Badamosi is the devil's gift to Nigeria in order to keep Nigeria in the gutters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Soldiers Ready To Risk Their Lives? / Federal Govt Employs 12,000 Youth To Protect Oil And Gas Pipelines In N.delta / Breaking News Live! Bomb Blast At Police Headquaters Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.