Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage (16893 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / President Obama Announces Military Action Against Syria! / Obama Announces Hilary Clinton As Secretary Of States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 09, 2012
[img]http://s1.wp.com/imgpress?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.cdn.turner.com%2Fcnn%2F2012%2Fimages%2F05%2F09%2Ft1larg.obama.hrc.getty.jpg&w=300[/img]

CNN) – President Barack Obama, who previously said his views on the issue were “evolving,” said Wednesday he supports same-sex marriage.

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to affirm same- sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/09/breaking-obama-comes-out-in-support-of-same-sex-marriage/
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On May 10, 2012
I hope he loses the election.

5 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nebeuwa(m): 12:41am On May 10, 2012
Even though I am personally against gay marriage in the United States due to scientific reasons instead of religious convictions; I have to admit Biden forced Obama's hand with his gaffe.

The United States believes in the separation of Church & State and I feel that same-sex couples should be given the chance of having civil unions. Marriage should be left in the realm of the church.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 10:59am On May 10, 2012
Obama= Politician
GEJ= Politician

Obama promise= Gay marriage
GEJ promise= free education, Nepa, water, etc

It is just a re-election strategy. Oldest trick in the book.

No biggie. Dunno why you all wanno kill unaself. It is his opinion and he sure can express it anyhow he wants.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2012
Sagamite: I hope he loses the election.

Same here. this man is just a disgrace to man kind

5 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by wirewire(m): 11:06am On May 10, 2012
evil men.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:07am On May 10, 2012
Good move!

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Delafruita(m): 11:08am On May 10, 2012
toba:

Same here. this man is just a disgrace to man kind
you guys are pathetic.the man is expressing his opinion which coincidentally is shared by numerous people.am sure soon the 'religious" group will appear with their words:abominable,shameful,soddom&gomorrah etc

4 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:08am On May 10, 2012
he has definitely lost the election come november....

2 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by sadyeek(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Desperation, so this is the length he is willing to go not to loss the election. SMH

this guy no try, this would have been the perfect time to play the "osama card"
he played the card too early and now he's got no tangible card up his sleeve.

Personally he's a disgrace.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:10am On May 10, 2012
Something is wrong with obama for supporting this evil act but thankGod,the moralists in American are winning against An'al relationships.Vote Romney please ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by reloboy(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2012
Crazy i tell ya . . . . shockedshockedshocked

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by daywatcher: 11:12am On May 10, 2012
gay votes in the bag
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Delafruita(m): 11:12am On May 10, 2012
anyone that thinks this is a political move has no understanding of US politics.the LGBTA has always been pro-democrats so his announcement changes nothing in that regard.however he will lose a lot of votes from evangelicals which is large bloc.but he will still win coz hez running against Mitt Romney and not Jeb Bush
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by 2pmstcharles(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2012
Antichrist he's alredy a loser!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by executinal(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2012
Anti christ. The fall of America is very close angry

2 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by yuzedo: 11:15am On May 10, 2012
. . . . . And the first nigga that occupied the seat just had to take a Poo in it!
Obama saying that his predecessors, forty-three of them are stupid for not endorsing g@yism?! If those are truly his personal convictions, then i hope his daughters turn lesbi@n! However, if that was a purely political statement just to gain liberal votes, then i hope his daughters turn lesbi@n AND he loses them damn elections! So much for that! Compromising on your moral values for a bowl of porridge. Zap this House-negro, i'm turning Republican! angry

5 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Delafruita(m): 11:16am On May 10, 2012
daywatcher: gay votes in the bag
gay votes have always been in the bag.if there was any doubt,he erased them when he took "dont ask dont tell" a step further
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:18am On May 10, 2012
Delafruita: anyone that thinks this is a political move has no understanding of US politics.the LGBTA has always been pro-democrats so his announcement changes nothing in that regard.however he will lose a lot of votes from evangelicals which is large bloc.but he will still win coz hez running against Mitt Romney and not Jeb Bush

Stop this your personal opinion crap.This is the same strategy Sarkozy adopted in the previous election using islam and immigration to woo voters but what happened last week when he tried using same again ? He lost.Voters may not really think of Hollande as a better president but they just want an end to sarkozy himself and that was why he lost.Same fate awaits obama !
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by GAR3TH(m): 11:21am On May 10, 2012
LoL so Obama states his opinion and some folks are wishing him wrong. So what if he support gay marriage, its HIS opinion and NOT yours. Just because another person's views are different from your views doesn't mean you should hate on someone.

Second whats wrong with gay marriage? I myself don't see the problem. Its not my life nor my business so why the hell should I get involve. Why should I tell another person 3000 miles away how to live there lives. If someone 3000 miles way controlled my life i'll fly over there and kick their a.s.s

Anyway some people just need to take a chill pill and take a few steps back before typing and ask themselves wetin concern you . . .

10 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:24am On May 10, 2012
Why did'nt he (Obama) marry his fellow man? Why did he get his wife pregnant? Can a gay person married to the same sex contest for presidency in USA? This absolute madness.... Antichrist indeed....

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by jenuel: 11:25am On May 10, 2012
It is a pity for Obama. He has reached the end of the road and can no longer go further. Americans will vote him OUT. Nobody dares GOD and survives. Gay marriage is anti-Christ and humanity. America needs prayer for they are drifting very fast into self destruction.

4 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:34am On May 10, 2012
GAR3TH: LoL so Obama states his opinion and some folks are wishing him wrong. So what if he support gay marriage, its HIS opinion and NOT yours. Just because another person's views are different from your views doesn't mean you should hate on someone.

Second whats wrong with gay marriage? I myself don't see the problem. Its not my life nor my business so why the hell should I get involve. Why should I tell another person 3000 miles away how to live there lives. If someone 3000 miles way controlled my life i'll fly over there and kick their a.s.s

Anyway some people just need to take a chill pill and take a few steps back before typing and ask themselves wetin concern you . . .

Wait until the spread of legalized homsexuality spreads to Africa and Nigeria before you start reacting.Fyi,the US government is doing everything to ensure the rights of gay and we wont allow that to happen especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by aeon(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2012
political move. Anyone against gays in America won't win elections
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by GAR3TH(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2012
As homophobic as I am what i really cant stand is the utter Bigotry I keep seeing on Nairaland. Every time a gay thread opens you see people flood it with bible quotes, praising the lord etc. But isn't it the same Bible that also condemns polygamy, divorce, monogamy, lifelong celibacy, adultery, Gluttony etc because they are also sin. So How many Nairalanders are FAT, then in that case you are going to hell for gluttony. How many Nairalanders are divorced or remarried, well your going to hell because that is a sin.

My point is you just cant pick and choose what is sin or what is not. You just cant say that Homosexuality is a sin and divorcing, polygamy or gluttony is not. That call being a Bigot, either everything that is stated in the bible is sin or every thing is not, Simple.

9 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by xynerise: 11:41am On May 10, 2012
That is what d NEW WORLD ORDER is all about. America is the centre of antichrist.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Delafruita(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2012
@bluetooth
sarkozy loss was influenced by the economy.obama just stated his opinion.i laff at those writing evil,anti-christ etc.gays have as much right to marry as straight folks.the only objection the average nigerian has is that it is "ungodly".however you cant expect a person who doesnt share your belief to be caged by it

2 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by pelezico: 11:45am On May 10, 2012
Separation of Church and state is misunderstood by almost everybody except Christians. It was never the intention of Thomas Jefferson (the 3rd President of the US who first coined this term ) to exclude religious convictions from Politics but to stop interference of Government in Church affairs.

His letter to the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut by Thomas Jefferson explains this very clearly. Those in favour of not allowing men with natural basic Godly convictions (think conscience) of which all people possess to one degree of another is literally enslavement.

Here in the UK the State (well we do follow after Marxs manifesto) are doing the same trying to redefine marriage thereby aboloshing marriage since a redefining of it destroys its meaning completely.

Matthew 19
But he answered and said to them, “Have you not read that he who made from the beginning, made them male and female?” 5And he said, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.” 6“Therefore they were not two, but one flesh. The things therefore that God has united let not a man separate.”
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by stagger: 11:47am On May 10, 2012
It doesn't need a f.ool to know that a pen/is was meant to fit into a vag/ina and not a but/t hole, and a vag/ina was not built for candles, dildos and all the other nonsense that lesbozos insert in there when they are doing their thing.

Obama is just an i/diot; he is not a Christian as he professes and he is a son of the devil himself. He and Joe Biden and the other ga/y bonzos should be ashamed of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by sheff(m): 11:53am On May 10, 2012
This man called obama has not really achieve anything tangible politically,economically and even his foreign policies are nothing but same old american "we are the world super power policies" which destroy other smaller countries,I can't say what his achievement will be in the history of american presidents but I don't think this man his using is moral sense when he support "same-sex marriage" all because of second term and power either he was being push by his fellow democrat or his just experiencing his personal opinion this will not help him morally or politically its a big risk for this man.. Despite the fact that president george bush vice president's(dick cheney) daughter was gay george still did not want gay marriage to be legal!
Barack obama wants gay votes and he will surely achieve gay destruction!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 11:54am On May 10, 2012
Delafruita: @bluetooth
sarkozy loss was influenced by the economy.obama just stated his opinion.i laff at those writing evil,anti-christ etc.gays have as much right to marry as straight folks.the only objection the average nigerian has is that it is "ungodly".however you cant expect a person who doesnt share your belief to be caged by it

You must have been left behind in the events that led to the elections.Go and check his manifestoes before ran for the presidency in 2008 and now;then tell us why he couldnt win.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Myself2(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2012
Desperate anti-christ.That was how he went to Moscow to lick Medvedev and Putins aasss.All because he is desperate bnot to lose the election
I hope he gets voted out anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mount Etna’s Eruption, As Volcano Spews Ash Clouds Into The Air(pics, Vid) / President Salva Kiir Bans Singing Of National Anthem In His Absence In Sudan / Powerful Second Earthquake Hits Nepal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.