Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Do You Pray For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Pray For Nigeria? (3954 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Will You Pray For Full Implementation Of Report Of the National Conference? / Did You Pray For Nigeria At 53 Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Joey82(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2012
As for me i say:
O God reduce the plenty money Nigeria has
'cos we dont have any idea on how to spend it,
maybe if we had little, there wont be enof for politicians/public office holders to steal.
This has been my prayer since the subsidy removal saga.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:53am On May 10, 2012
Joey82: As for me i say:
O God reduce the plenty money Nigeria has
'cos we dont have any idea on how to spend it,
maybe if we had little, there wont be enof for politicians/public office holders to steal.
This has been my prayer since the subsidy removal saga.

The gods just instructed me to tell you that "you are a r'etard, to stop disturbing them with your useless prayers & u should go fhuck yourself cos they are not going to give you the 20 Naira you prayed for sweets".

Amen..
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 10, 2012
not sure have ever prayed for nigeria b4.... God bless me and ma family

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by ballabriggs: 11:05am On May 10, 2012
For over 10 years I prayed the "prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria" as prescribed by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria. The funny thing was the same people wey dey pray this prayer na dem dey chop church money. If them do harvest money go miss. The more we dey pray the prayer the more bribery and corruption dey increase for the country. Look stop deceiving yourselves, with the amount of prayer wey we done pray naija for done be like Yankee.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Muttex(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2012
Oh God safe this country from the hands of the corrupt leaders called GOVERNMENT...

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by wirewire(m): 11:08am On May 10, 2012
my prayer every day is that the oil well goes dry.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by buchibabe: 11:14am On May 10, 2012
Story! I never pray for mysef finish na nig I go begin do fasting for. Naija wahala too much. Where person wan start frm sef?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by MissyB3(f): 11:18am On May 10, 2012
ondo_boi: not sure have ever prayed for nigeria b4....
Same here, until recently.

There is no telling the depth of disappointment that ran through my veins the day I was in church and someone brought up Nigeria as a prayer point in regard to the Boko Haram saga. It was just too shameful that foreigners remember my country in prayers, and I don't, even though I claim to love her a lot.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by MahatmaGhandi: 11:26am On May 10, 2012
Prayer(religion) has become a tool in the hands of government to perpetrate its corruption and keep the people shackled,the same religious ministers that asks people to pray do not know what life in the streets look like as they drive in the latest SUV's and other automobiles and have their kids schooling abroad just like the politicians,martin luther king jr never worked with prayers alone,he moved with the people in the streets against an oppressive and discriminating government,if our religious ministers will mobilise us like luther did then prayers will begin to make sense,right now it is my opinion that religious ministers in nigeria are a sell out and are responsible for majority of society's ills,we don't need prayers alone we need to occupy the streets untill someone listens
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2012
wirewire: my prayer every day is that the oil well goes dry.
...and we come back to our senses.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Soocool1(m): 11:51am On May 10, 2012
Lord in heaven, every enemy drawing my country back, father lord God in heaven, give them a holy knock on the head, let them die by fire , fire, fire!!!
Seriosly with the way i pray for Nigeria, i deserve to be made a minister of prayer affairs in Nigeria
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by friedrice1: 11:54am On May 10, 2012
Death to corrupt leaders, Politicians and Public Servants, Amen! + Sycophants who hail them.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by jbrodaly(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2012
Well i used to pray for naija.But,now i don't seeing that most Nigerians are not ready for any chagne
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by stokolie(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2012
Soo_cool: Lord in heaven, every enemy drawing my country back, father lord God in heaven, give them a holy knock on the head, let them die by fire , fire, fire!!!
Seriosly with the way i pray for Nigeria, i deserve to be made a minister of prayer affairs in Nigeria

"there is a blue print to create ministry of prayer affairs in the federation,it is already in the gazzete,because that exaltly the ministry we need in nigeria to be able to move forward." -presidency...
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by WhoIGoAsk: 12:23pm On May 10, 2012
Lord, bless me and make Nigeria more secure
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 12:26pm On May 10, 2012
I stopped praying for the cursed called niGERia a long time ago . . . .
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by dailynigerian: 12:31pm On May 10, 2012
God Help Nigeria, Deliver us from all acts of violence and give us peace.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Sike(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2012
chosen04: I stopped praying for the cursed called niGERia a long time ago . . . .

Correct!
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by swizzle(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2012
ondo_boi: not sure have ever prayed for nigeria b4.... God bless me and ma family

and u and ur family dey stay for moon? undecided
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by docjuli(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2012
Just on Sundays, in Church.

All powerful and merciful Father. You are the God of Justice, Love and peace, you rule over all the nations of the earth. Power and might are in your hands and no one can withstand you. We present our country Nigeria before you, we praise and thank you for you are the source of all we have and are.

We are sorry for all the sins we have committed and the good deeds we have failed to do. In your loving forgiveness, keep us safe from the punishments we deserved. Lord, we are weighed down not only by uncertainties but also by moral, economic and political problems. Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you.

God of infinite goodness, our strength in adversity, our health in weakness, our comfort in sorrow. Be merciful, to us your people; spare this nation Nigeria from chaos, anarchy and doom. Bless us with your kingdom of Justice, Love and Peace. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by niggadee(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2012
Can prayer stop politicians to be looting grin
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 10, 2012
ballabriggs: For over 10 years I prayed the "prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria" as prescribed by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria. [/b]The funny thing was the same people wey dey pray this prayer na dem dey chop church money. If them do harvest money go miss.[b] The more we dey pray the prayer the more bribery and corruption dey increase for the country. Look stop deceiving yourselves, with the amount of prayer wey we done pray naija for done be like Yankee.

lolz,badt guy, im also a catholic, been saying that prayer for 20 yrs, but neva wasted my time praying for naija during my personal prayers. those guys don chop harvest money sotee, imagine my church in surulere, made 78 million naira profit from 2011 bazar, and dem still dey do project sunday to build outstation.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 10, 2012
docjuli: Just on Sundays, in Church.

All powerful and merciful Father. You are the God of Justice, Love and peace, you rule over all the nations of the earth. Power and might are in your hands and no one can withstand you. We present our country Nigeria before you, we praise and thank you for you are the source of all we have and are.

We are sorry for all the sins we have committed and the good deeds we have failed to do. In your loving forgiveness, keep us safe from the punishments we deserved. Lord, we are weighed down not only by uncertainties but also by moral, economic and political problems. Listen to the cries of your people who confidently turn to you.

God of infinite goodness, our strength in adversity, our health in weakness, our comfort in sorrow. Be merciful, to us your people; spare this nation Nigeria from chaos, anarchy and doom. Bless us with your kingdom of Justice, Love and Peace. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

my fellow catholic. that prayer no just gree work sha
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by 1025: 1:47pm On May 10, 2012
when nebuccadenezza became too strong and wicked as a ruler in the Bible, God turned him into an animal and he was made to eat grass like a bush animal just to make him understand that there is a God greater than all men.
herold at a point thought himself to be the most powerful kind in the world and else where, and God made maggots to eat him up while he was still alive.
pharoh paid the expensive prices for disobeying God's instruction for him to let the ppl of God to go.
nigerian leaders have done more than these few men mentioned above hence i pray that they get what these 3 men had as punishments.
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by hadenike2012: 1:52pm On May 10, 2012
God do what only you can do to save this nation
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by hamsky: 2:02pm On May 10, 2012
God switch off boko haram
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by nomshu(m): 2:06pm On May 10, 2012
This is a very good post. My is prayer is God should avert all the bokoharam men/boyz plans and those sponsoring them. And a peaceful nation becourse when there is peace there will be understanding and understanding will bring marvelous results. May God help us
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Sijo01(f): 2:06pm On May 10, 2012
God, let peace reign in dis country!
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by UfuomaUN(m): 2:26pm On May 10, 2012
Nigeria needs more than just prayers,she needs a revolutionalist
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2012
I'm a catholic too but i don't join the congregation during mass to recite the prayer for nigeria in distress or the prayer against bribery and corruption in nigeria cos i can't be fighting for the actuallisation of Biafra and at the same time be praying for nigeria
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by Martin55: 2:59pm On May 10, 2012
It was just too shameful that foreigners remember my country in prayers, and I don't, even though I claim to love her a lot.[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: How Do You Pray For Nigeria? by lovejohn: 4:07pm On May 10, 2012
Lord kill all our leaders...In Aso Rock and let those that fears you occupy their position (AMEN)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South West Sells Out Southern Nigeria To Hausa/fulani As Slaves / GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. / PHOTOS Of President Jonathan Retirement Mansion come may 29?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.