Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Have You Given Up On Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Given Up On Nigeria? (6095 Views)

Poll: Have You given Up On Nigeria?

Yes: 60% (93 votes)
No: 40% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

I Have Given Up On Nigeria / No Reliable Statistics On Nigeria's Poverty Rate- World Bank / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Speech On Nigeria’s Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Kizilala: 9:00pm On May 10, 2012
I have given up hope.I am just waiting for the sun to rise

3 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by lovelife2: 9:05pm On May 10, 2012
!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by lovelife2: 9:05pm On May 10, 2012
!

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by karfe(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2012
Kockane: There are two solutions to the nigerian mess: either a disintegration of the whole geographical conjecture into smaller individual units OR a return to regional system of government where each region is a confederate member of a central government located in abuja. Besides these two alternatives, I see no progress for nigeria.
Ilaje44: I lost all hope that that country will see good leadership soon. For Nigeria to progress, it has to be drastically devolved into regions to reflect the ethnic development inclinations.
. Ladies, gents, whether hopeful or not, listen to these still small voices
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by levos2007(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2012
Logic Mind: i have given up totally.
i only needed to travel and see a few states and tribes to know that i have nothing in common with some people calling themselves my countrymen.
nigeria was a british experiment which does not benefit anybody.
divide it and see enjoyment and prosperity for all.
MAKE EVERYBODY GO HIM WAY, AM A YORUBA MAN AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE COUNTRY TO BREAK, THEN I CAN HAVE HOPE IN IT. I KNOW NIGERIA WILL ONLY BREAK IF SOUTH WEST WANT.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by chuksvoice: 10:33pm On May 10, 2012
I remember d last interview granted by late Pa Anthony Enahoro (the man who first proprosed an independent state called 'Nigeria') on the commemoration of Nigeria's 50th independant, i remember him saying until we go back to the drawing board by calling for a sovereign national conference and revert to the parliamentary system of govt and regionalism, there is no hope for d entity called Nigeria.
I also read on the papers sometime ago about major brig. General Adekunle voicing how he regreted ever participating in the civil to preserve the name of the country called nigeria.
If such people had given up hope, i wonder what hope is left for Nigeria
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by chuksvoice: 10:34pm On May 10, 2012
I remember d last interview granted by late Pa Anthony Enahoro (the man who first proprosed an independent state called 'Nigeria') on the commemoration of Nigeria's 50th independant, i remember him saying until we go back to the drawing board by calling for a sovereign national conference and revert to the parliamentary system of govt and regionalism, there is no hope for d entity called Nigeria.
I also read on the papers sometime ago about major brig. General Adekunle voicing how he regreted ever participating in the civil war to preserve the name of the country called nigeria.
If such people had given up hope, i wonder what hope is left for Nigeria
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by nijanigga: 1:33am On May 11, 2012
When people are hungry and thirsty, all they see is mirage. Nigeria has no HOPE.We have been saying Nigeria will be better since we had the regional system.See where we are today. We are not even on track yet,we are moving towards "idiographic" ideologies,while progressive nations are nomothetic in their approaches.
All, we are proud of is CORRUPTION and docile followers, our youth and educational system is in abysmal state.
We don't even have basic amenities of life-food,water and shelter.
Many here like to dream. Advanced countries of today,started from scratch and took some over 200 years, of course Nigeria like to copy everything,tried anything without knowing it's nucleus,what you get is failure.
By, the way Nigeria itself is an illegal union.If we go back to the regional system,maybe some of them might advanced and bring accoutability closer home.
Anything outside is a FIASCO.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 1:41am On May 11, 2012
love_life: Among all the various ethnic groups that lay claim to the geopolitical or geospatial enclave so-called Nigeria, i've met Hausas, Ibos, Yorubas (my clan), Fulanis, Ijaws, Ebiras and many other various tribes but i've never met a Nigerian. Do you want to know why? It's simple, in reality Nigeria doesn't exist. What you have is a bunch of mismatched tribes competing against themselves for the domination of the colonially defined territory they have found themselves in. The global recognition granted the so-called Nigeria as an independent sovereignty among the comity of nations is nothing but fiction. In other words, Nigeria is a fictitious entity designed by powerful colonial States to maintain the status quo of their cultural superiority over it and to prevent any individual tribe in the region from achieving self-actualization into a sovereign State that can gain political ascendancy to challenge the supremacy of the powers that be as it relates to nationhood. Now, tell me how or why should I have hope in a forking country that doesn't forking exist? I have no hope in Nigeria whatsoever, not even by an infinitesimal amount. Our politicians and rulers all these wasted years have been willing to play the 'Nigeria' game with the rest of the world only because it made them extremely rich. The moment they can no longer 'cash-in' money through the imaginary cashcow called Nigeria, then it will be game over. This is my personal opinion and I'm not influencing or suggesting that anyone should follow suit. However, I think the earlier we all go our forking separate ways, then the forking better it's gonna get for all of us. The Nigerian State does not exist and the Nigerian citizen is an elaborate hoax; there are no real Nigerian citizens. Like I said before, all we have are Yorubas, Hausas, Ibos, Fulanis, Urobos, Ebiras, Ijaws, Efiks and the rest of them other tribes.
how can one have hope in a so call country nigeria when for the past 30years they have looted over[b] 500.000.000.000[/b] billion dollars,all that money had already vanished into different foreign bank accounts winkthis same amount was spent on European countries including Russia after world war2 on infrastructures.Some took loans,and still paying interest till today.But some people are scared of freedom,they love to be suppressed cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by JAZES(m): 2:41am On May 11, 2012
I still have plenty hope say naija go better one day.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by love4ual: 2:59am On May 11, 2012
i am happy that many has given up hope.....................

but i would like to point out something........if it took america about 200yrs to get to where they are...does not mean that it should take nigeria that yrs long.......everthing is already available for nija to be the richest nation in the world......
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by nijanigga: 5:30am On May 11, 2012
quote author=love4ual]i am happy that many has given up hope.....................

but i would like to point out something........if it took america about 200yrs to get to where they are...does not mean that it should take nigeria that yrs long.......everthing is already available for nija to be the richest nation in the world......[/quote]
Look at this mugu, Nigeria is descending into hell. Not even on track.[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by cyrexx: 6:53am On May 11, 2012
hope?
is that not for people who are helpless and cant control the negative situations in their life. yes it describes what an average Nigerian still has.
Personally, my little shred of hope for this country is getting chopped off day by day as i'm observing the retrogressive instead of progressive changes in this country i'm unlucky to have been born into.
the ugly fact is that the reason many Nigerians still LIVE in this country is because they have no means to LEAVE this country.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Sike(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2012
Long time ago.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by chrisosi: 9:02am On May 11, 2012
Nigeria Can only get Better

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2012
cyrexx: hope?
is that not for people who are helpless and cant control the negative situations in their life. yes it describes what an average Nigerian still has.
Personally, my little shred of hope is getting chopped off day by day as i'm observing the retrogressive instead of progressive changes in this country i'm unlucky to have been born into.
the ugly fact is that the reason many Nigerians still LIVE in this country is because they have no means to LEAVE this country.
that is the irony cool
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by murphy387(m): 9:50am On May 11, 2012
in fact I'm short of words,
how can you say you have given up on a country that still stand tall amon
g tall among the all the country in Africa even in the world at large,if you say you've given up for nigeria then what will you do if you happen be a citizen of the country like Zimbabwe,somalia,liberia,togo,zudan,saotome,haiti,benin,cape verd,monro via,niger,chard to mention a few,
I tell you if you happen to come from any of the country listed above 2 things might have happen to you.
1.Is either you would have died of starvation or died of a very fatal natural disaster before UN rescue team arrival.
2.Is either you would have died a baby solder while you were young and kidnapped and trained by rebel then got fired in the war from due to you inexperience in war business.
In fact you won't have anything called education not to talk of knowing how to use a computer and start saying nonsense about one of the richest country in Africa.
Either you now loose hope or die of hopelessness,it doesn't stop nigeria from being a great country soon!
I guess people like you should die or be put to prison before then,because people like you don't have anything good to offer this country.
To me nigeria is still the best country ever! Not to talk her great future that is so bright and colour full!
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by cyrexx: 10:03am On May 11, 2012
@ murphy 387,
hey, no need for harsh language, everybody is here to express their opinion and the OP has said he wanted honesty not acted patriotism. maybe you are one of the few privileged but most nigerians are not as fortunate as you. and for those countries you named i can name more countries that are better than nigeria according to World Bank development index statistics. you are very free to express your own opinon just like everybody else. but what you said by "Either you now loose hope or die of hopelessness" is uncalled for. this forum is just people's honest opinion and lets just leave it at that instead of using harsh language on anybody else.
peace.

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by thoth: 10:04am On May 11, 2012
At this stage of imperialism in Nigeria and the rate of corruption in Nigeria i think this is the opportunity patriots are waiting for , this is exactly the time to make things change, that is why i have more hope in Nigeria now than ever, if only the people would see the opportunity before their eyes and grab it, if only the people will understand that if it gets better it gets better for all, if only the people would understand that those corrupt leaders for their selfish exploits are the ones that divide us and through that division use us to further their exploits. if only the people would understand what we stand to gain being united, if only the people would for once throw away that destructive loyalty to apparently evil men who does not benefit us as a mass. i say again IF ONLY we BELIEVE we can be FREE.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Ejine(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2012
My hope lies with my community and my blood brothers on the other side of the Niger.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 11, 2012
Still keeping the faith.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Daresh(f): 10:43am On May 11, 2012
Nigeria cannot work. The mentality of the leaders reflects on the followers. Everyone is trying to chop as much as possible. Most of us want to have our kids abroad so they can have other options because I do not see how this country can work with the way things are going.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by mpumalanga: 10:53am On May 11, 2012
murphy387: in fact I'm short of words,
how can you say you have given up on a country that still stand tall amon
g tall among the all the country in Africa even in the world at large,if you say you've given up for nigeria then what will you do if you happen be a citizen of the country like Zimbabwe,somalia,liberia,togo,zudan,saotome,haiti,benin,cape verd,monro via,niger,chard to mention a few,
I tell you if you happen to come from any of the country listed above 2 things might have happen to you.
1.Is either you would have died of starvation or died of a very fatal natural disaster before UN rescue team arrival.
2.Is either you would have died a baby solder while you were young and kidnapped and trained by rebel then got fired in the war from due to you inexperience in war business.
In fact you won't have anything called education not to talk of knowing how to use a computer and start saying nonsense about one of the richest country in Africa.
Either you now loose hope or die of hopelessness,it doesn't stop nigeria from being a great country soon!
I guess people like you should die or be put to prison before then,because people like you don't have anything good to offer this country.
To me nigeria is still the best country ever! Not to talk her great future that is so bright and colour full!
Visit those countries especially zim and you will see that they are better.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by PointB: 11:06am On May 11, 2012
I do not care about the greatness of the blackman, or see Nigeria as the hope of Africa!

I care about myself, my immediate family, my relative, and my ethnic group. Nigeria is a contraption form by those with economic interest - to steal from Peter and enrich Paul.

If this contraption remains unchange, so will my prayer that her illness cause the death of her.

A free, just, and fair Nigeria, I'll welcome, but for that to happen, this hopeless Nigeria must burn to ashes!
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Dyamante(f): 11:11am On May 11, 2012
love_life: Among all the various ethnic groups that lay claim to the geopolitical or geospatial enclave so-called Nigeria, i've met Hausas, Ibos, Yorubas (my clan), Fulanis, Ijaws, Ebiras and many other various tribes but i've never met a Nigerian. Do you want to know why? It's simple, in reality Nigeria doesn't exist. What you have is a bunch of mismatched tribes competing against themselves for the domination of the colonially defined territory they have found themselves in. The global recognition granted the so-called Nigeria as an independent sovereignty among the comity of nations is nothing but fiction. In other words, Nigeria is a fictitious entity designed by powerful colonial States to maintain the status quo of their cultural superiority over it and to prevent any individual tribe in the region from achieving self-actualization into a sovereign State that can gain political ascendancy to challenge the supremacy of the powers that be as it relates to nationhood. Now, tell me how or why should I have hope in a forking country that doesn't forking exist? I have no hope in Nigeria whatsoever, not even by an infinitesimal amount. Our politicians and rulers all these wasted years have been willing to play the 'Nigeria' game with the rest of the world only because it made them extremely rich. The moment they can no longer 'cash-in' money through the imaginary cashcow called Nigeria, then it will be game over. This is my personal opinion and I'm not influencing or suggesting that anyone should follow suit. However, I think the earlier we all go our forking separate ways, then the forking better it's gonna get for all of us. The Nigerian State does not exist and the Nigerian citizen is an elaborate hoax; there are no real Nigerian citizens. Like I said before, all we have are Yorubas, Hausas, Ibos, Fulanis, Urobos, Ebiras, Ijaws, Efiks and the rest of them other tribes.
This poster has summarized the whole topic perfectly

1 Like

Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by adoto: 11:23am On May 11, 2012
Nigeria as always being a hopeless nation.........not since independence but since amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorate by the British Colonial masters.
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:25am On May 11, 2012
Nope. 9ja my beloved country. We r going 2 survive & come out strong soon
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by enioladeran: 11:32am On May 11, 2012
Why are we all talking like this, have you all forgotten the song;
"Me i love my my country,
i love the land and people,
everything e de fpr NIGERIA,
make we join and to make Nigeria better"

When you go outside and see the intregs of politic, you will be glad that you are a Nigerian...
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 11, 2012
we are talking about changes, I still wonder who will change Nigeria. starting from the youth, to the leaders and government workers. as for me, I don loose hope on Nigeria since wey I still dey high school. but the hope was lost finally after i traveled out to live in the Scandinavia and see how developed and good life looks like
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by rosscoe: 12:39pm On May 11, 2012
I have given up hope on our current goverment. i hope they move over for something better to come in. And i Pray yahoo boys dont take over. The future is in the hand of the youths
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by Tallest9(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2012
i dun lose hope since my MAMA born me sef
Re: Have You Given Up On Nigeria? by ElKels(m): 5:49pm On May 11, 2012
My uncle say he sees massacre in Nigeria come 2015. And as far as these northerners and wicked politicians exist, I couldn't agree more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: When Ilorin People Visit Lagos For The First Time / Buhari Has Been Vindicated, "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy"see Why / The Only Pdp Senator From Rivers Dumped Pdp Joins Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.