Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why The Sudden Nostalgia For Yar'adua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Sudden Nostalgia For Yar'adua? (523 Views)

Obasanjo Responsible For Yar'adua, Jonathan's Failures - Tunde Bakare / El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake / Refund Of Unspent Budget Money: A Plus For Yar'adua Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Sudden Nostalgia For Yar'adua? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 10, 2012
Sometimes I wonder if we Nigerians have short memories. Was it not the same President Yar'Adua (RIP) that we lampooned and labelled "Baba go-slow" for the apparent lack of progress in his administration? Was it not Yar'Adua that a number of Nigerians criticised for failing to dissociate himself from perceived corrupt politicians, Ibori inclusive? Was it not the same Yar'Adua that we criticised for keeping a person like Michael Aondoakaa in his administration despite all his misdemeanour, and doing nothing to stop the forced demotion and removal of Nuhu Ribadu as head of the EFCC?

As much as I don't believe we are making much progress in the current administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, I'm not quite sure that President Yar'Adua's administration was much better, or that he would have done a better job had he still been alive. Feel free to disagree, but I think this nostalgia for the late president is misplaced.

I wonder what the house thinks.

(1) (Reply)

FUEL SUBSIDY REPORT: The Cabal Fight Back / PDP Blasts Buhari, Says He's Unstable And Blood Thirsty / Politics Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.