Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? (3846 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Awo Was Greater Than Mandela – Ofeimun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 9:49pm On May 10, 2012
. . . . . I'm struglling to decide between Biggie, Fela and Tupac.

I think their message was more relevant for this day and age?

What about you?
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ektbear: 9:50pm On May 10, 2012
pac > biggie for me.

Dunno why you are comparing either with Jesus tho
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 10, 2012
Between biggie and tupac?...definatly Tupac.

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2012
But Biggie was on point!

Tupac knew what was what though . . . .

Fela's message is eternal. . . .

Bob Marley displayed wisdom all could see . . . .

And Jesus Christ knew his sh.i.t as well . . . .

Please help me solve this dillema.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 10, 2012
Fela is the best ! cheesy
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:13pm On May 10, 2012
Fela was a true 'African Phrophet' - thats one thing no Nigerian (Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo) can deny.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 10, 2012
Awww.. youre changing the question! cheesy Now you might go adding Bob Marley...hehe!
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2012
talina: Awww.. youre changing the question! cheesy Now you might go adding Bob Marley...hehe!

. . . the late, great Bob - must enter the equation.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 10, 2012
Haha! I just saw your change in the thread title grin
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:36pm On May 10, 2012
talina: Haha! I just saw your change in the thread title grin

. . . I'm still undecided.

Tough question. . .
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 10, 2012
^^^ yes, they were all amazing and inspiring in their own way.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ektbear: 11:09pm On May 10, 2012
Put up a poll
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:18pm On May 10, 2012
ekt_bear: Put up a poll

I dont know how to do those things - Can you help?

Mods - Can you insert a poll and 'elevate' this matter to the front page?

. . . . . I'm desperate for the answer.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:23pm On May 10, 2012
How can I get this on a CNN 'ticker'?

This is an important matter .. . . . .
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by abdurrazaq(m): 11:24pm On May 10, 2012
Please poster, remove JESUS from that list, he is way different from the others on that list.
1. Tupac has the greatest message (IMO) among those listed.
2. Bob Marley
3. Fela Anikulapo Kuti

2 Likes

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 10, 2012
@op
do you know what the word blasphemy means?
how and why do you compare Jesus to tupac biggie and co?

2 Likes

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:29pm On May 10, 2012
abdurrazaq: Please poster, remove JESUS from that list, he is way different from the others on that list.
1. Tupac has the greatest message (IMO) among those listed.
2. Bob Marley
3. Fela Anikulapo Kuti

. . . They were all trying to spread a message - Jesus included.

I'm trying to look into the wisdom contained within the wisdom they delivered.

So your saying Tupac was the greatest?
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:31pm On May 10, 2012
torkaka: @op
do you know what the word blasphemy means?
how and why do you compare Jesus to tupac biggie and co?

Blasphemy?

Is that a 'white mans' word?

What does it mean?

. . . and are you 'White'? (either in skin colour or mind?)

I'm an 'African' - and I'm not afraid to think. . . .

So who's message was greater?
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ikotaiwo(m): 11:37pm On May 10, 2012
Why av u taken things of the spiritual for physical JESUS is alive 4ever moreover it is dis JESUS dat gave wisdom to odas & co so he who give is greater.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 11:45pm On May 10, 2012
ikotaiwo: Why av u taken things of the spiritual for physical JESUS is alive 4ever moreover it is dis JESUS dat gave wisdom to odas & co so he who give is greater.

Each person listed carried a spiritual message . . . .
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 10, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

Blasphemy?

What does it mean?

its easy to tell a man's level of IQ!
what was the message tupac,biggie,fela or bob marley spread that now warrants you to compare them not even with maya angelou but with Jesus?
what message was tupac all about? what intellectual or social message was biggie about that some young deluded soul will skip ghandi,mother theresa,dai d'lama to compare him with the Lord?

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Detongue: 12:07am On May 11, 2012
U hv just blasphem, why bring in Jesus alongside with these musicians? I take it dat u did dis out of ignorance. God hv mercy on u IJN

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ATMC(f): 12:21am On May 11, 2012
*passes by* Atmc: poster, wetin? Poster: (reads my facial expression) no vex, i go change am... Atmc: *continues her walk with her 2 hands in her pocket*
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Kenezi: 12:23am On May 11, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

Blasphemy?

What does it mean?

That great, then stop speaking the white mans language and using the white mans invention, the computer and the internet.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by LogicMind: 12:29am On May 11, 2012
i think jesus was the only one that insulted his mama. so comes last in my esteem. and his parable of ten virgins is still a bit disturbing.
tupac and biggie were both suffering from mental slavery.
fela's head was filled with hemp and oily soup and most of his message was limited to naija politics
so that leaves my main man bob who inspite of all his faults, has a universal message and respect for other.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 12:35am On May 11, 2012
@logic mind
am pretty sure you and the original poster are one and the same, and you have set in motion exactly what you intended starting this useless thread!
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by london2lasgidi(m): 12:44am On May 11, 2012
Funny thread!
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ASOROCKb(m): 12:56am On May 11, 2012
Poster, go get a life. How on earth will you compare the creator and the created, huh? Our Lord Jesus Christ cant be compared with anybody in this universe. I advice you to endeavour put yourself right before erif visits you........
What is the world turning into this era nah
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 1:05am On May 11, 2012
I take this all in fun and you never know.... maybe the divine was reaching the masses through these talented musicians/poets
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Maxymilliano(m): 2:18am On May 11, 2012
Tho i'm indifferent, the OP will do well to leave out Jesus Christ 4rm the list. There are other 'lesser' mortals that shared their messages as well, you could have included Confucius, Mohandas Ghandi, Paramahnsa Yogananda, Dalai Lama etc.

The inclusion of Christ will be offensive to some people and i ain't sure that's a criteria for the frontpage.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 7:20am On May 11, 2012
All listed were 'Sons of God' . . .

And I dont think Jesus ever claimed to be the creator . . . .
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by moderattor: 7:43am On May 11, 2012
@OP
why didn't you include Mohammed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fight Between Christains And Musliims In Otukpo Benue State / Senator Chris Anyanwu Disgraced,Gov. Rochas Honored (PICS) / El-zakzaky Rejects Jonathan’s ‘sorry’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.