Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? (3855 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis / Awo Was Greater Than Mandela – Ofeimun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by moderattor: 7:46am On May 11, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: All listed were 'Sons of God' . . .

And I dont think Jesus ever claimed to be the creator . . . .

he did.

'i and the father are one, the father is in me and i in the father. To have seen me is to have seen the father' - Jesus
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2012
moderattor: @OP
why didn't you include Mohammed?

Because he wasn't original - but a plagiarist.

A lot of whats been attributed to him was borrowed from either the Bible or Ancient African texts.

The people listed had an original message . . . Muhammed didn't.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2012
moderattor: he did.

'i and the father are one, the father is in me and i in the father. To have seen me is to have seen the father' - Jesus

That applies to everyone - we are all one and the same as the father/creator - but none of us (including Jesus) can claim to be the creator.

We all come from a single source - the creator.

Unfortunately, many cannot understand the meaning of his words.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by MrGlobe(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2012
OP, show some respect, Remove the one and only Jesus Christ and this thread will be taken seriously. He was not a musician too and he is still alive! (tho not thru the likes of pastor chris). Amen
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by MrGlobe(m): 8:42am On May 11, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

A lot of whats been attributed to him was borrowed from either the Bible or Ancient African texts.

lmaoo. An apt and bitter truth they dont want to hear. Next they come protesting with bombs.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 11, 2012
OP, dd nt include Mohammed because he is infinitely afraid of the great BokoHaram, if he had included him by now his head wuld have been separated frm his body! Xtiandom lacks BokoHaram so anybody can insult Jesus and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by LogicMind: 12:04pm On May 11, 2012
all these xtians worry for jesus pass jesus himself.
does he really need you?
can't he take care of himself?
and where is the moderator?
most of these posts don't address the topic but instead focus on the op having named jesus.
why are they not hidden?
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Ilaje44(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2012
[size=18pt]Abami eda... Felamania!

Omi ko l'ota o: Water, e no get enemy.

...b4 I reach market nko o, govt go don enter and value don fall o...
[/size]
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by BlackBaron: 12:35pm On May 11, 2012
Wonder what positive legacy did Tupac and Biggie pass on considering... undecided
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Mcleo007(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2012
I go with Bob Marley.

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by MrGlobe(m): 4:02pm On May 11, 2012
BlackBaron: Wonder what positive legacy did Tupac and Biggie pass on considering... undecided
Guy, do you listen to their music or do yo9ub just skim through it? Go listen to real tupac and biggie music and i bet something will change in your thinking. They are not known for that for nothing

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 7:36pm On May 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 3:57am On May 12, 2012
^^^^^ This is why I love Tupac!
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by kingkoboko: 9:04am On May 12, 2012
LUCKY DUBE *winks*
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by BlackBaron: 9:23am On May 12, 2012
Gangster rap is not my thing nor do I wallow in the aura of gang members. All I see in both rappers lyrics are violence, bragging, materialism, drug dealing et al. Pac, sometimes conscious other themes touched on police brutality, gangster loyalty plus shot 2 policemen.

But hey! Horses for courses.
All a matter of choice anyway, don't see any basis for comparison with Jesus' faultless message either.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 12, 2012
BlackBaron: Gangster rap is not my thing nor do I wallow in the aura of gang members. All I see in both rappers lyrics are violence, bragging, materialism, drug dealing et al. Pac, sometimes conscious also had themes on police brutality, gangster loyalty plus more.

All a matter of choice anyway, don't see any basis for comparison with Jesus' faultless message either.

Try Fela,pleaseeee !
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 12, 2012
BlackBaron: Gangster rap is not my thing nor do I wallow in the aura of gang members. All I see in both rappers lyrics are violence, bragging, materialism, drug dealing et al. Pac, sometimes conscious other themes touched on police brutality, gangster loyalty plus shot 2 policemen.

From what I understand, Tupac was writing these lyrics to express the reality of what was going on in these neighborhoods. Raw and real.(But its not everyones taste for sure!). We have to remember too that he was only 25 when he died and I truly think that if he was still alive he would have evolved in an amazing way. I think the bottom line about these musicians/poets is that they were not afraid to speak out in a big way and wanted to change things for the better with their talents. John Lennon is definatly worth mentioning here too for speaking out and keeping it real.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by eleshin(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2012
there is nothing wrong if Jesus is included afterall he was a prophet with message and that's what matters considering the context of discussion.@nwa mimo,u'r a novice entirely wen it comes to Religion muhammed was a stark illiterate how come he plagiarised? Ancient Africa was oral in tradition not written how were they plagiarised? Do not appeal to ignorance bro study religion with no presupposition and tell me which 1 is noble.doe I'm nt a fan of religion cos it is d reason 4 unrest we'r experiencing in d world.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by beejaay: 6:16pm On May 12, 2012
cogitoErgo: OP, dd nt include Mohammed because he is infinitely afraid of the great BokoHaram, if he had included him by now his head wuld have been separated frm his body! Xtiandom lacks BokoHaram so anybody can insult Jesus and get away with it.
this just show how myopic u are. who among Jesus or Mohammed have received more insult and name calling.try and thing wise sometimes, maybe u will be taking serious
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by beejaay: 6:19pm On May 12, 2012
@OP its definitely FELA. his prediction about Nigeria and Nigerians are what we have been seeing and we might continu seeing(original sufferhead, yellow fever, zombie etc). OP pls leave Jesus out this for sanity to prevail
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by NwaNimo1(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2012
beejaay: @OP its definitely FELA. his prediction about Nigeria and Nigerians are what we have been seeing and we might continu seeing(original sufferhead, yellow fever, zombie etc). OP pls leave Jesus out this for sanity to prevail

Why - becuase to he's percieved to be white?

Or because some think he's the 'creator'?

Did Fela follow Jesus teachngs? - or did he preach his own based on his own experiences and wisdom?
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ektbear: 6:52pm On May 12, 2012
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by ektbear: 6:54pm On May 12, 2012
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 12, 2012
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by redsun(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2012
They are all the same.The message of freedom and wholeness.

The message of I AM.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 12, 2012
^^^^ nice!
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by isalegan2: 10:21pm On May 21, 2012
Independence Day
a/k/a: "Is It A Must To Like Fela?" wink

Fela-Lover: Hello there.

NaijaPatriot: Hey yourself. Thanks for calling. Hope you're having a good Naija Independence Day weekend.

Fela-Lover: I can't understand why Nigerians are celebrating independence.

NaijaPatriot: Why? What? What's the matter?

Fela-Lover: What are they f*cking celebrating? They are being led by an im*be*ci*le!

NaijaPatriot: Hmmm. Another way to look at it, I guess.

Fela-Lover: They are being bombed by foreigners. They are hungry . . .

NaijaPatriot: Well, celebration is for 1960, not what's happening now.

Fela-Lover: And what did they get in 1960?

NaijaPatriot: Well, you obviously want to vent; and you're leading somewhere, so let me hear it. I'm in rapt attention o.

Fela-Lover: Nigerians are just bloody fools.

NaijaPatriot: Whats the matter now?

Fela-Lover: I can't imagine having a dullard like Jonathan as a president.

NaijaPatriot: What are u reading?

Fela-Lover: Nothing.

NaijaPatriot: Oh well. You must have read or watched something, or talked to someone. Don't know why you're so worked up.

Fela-Lover: It's just all the congratulatory messages on BB.

NaijaPatriot: I see. . .

Fela-Lover: Like Fela would say 'shuffering and smiling.' I miss Baba.

NaijaPatriot: Ah, I see. I dont like. . .

Fela-Lover: You don't like what?

NaijaPatriot: Not into Fela. I appreciate the political bent of his music, but just not a fan.

Fela-Lover: GERROUT!

NaijaPatriot: Don't unleash on me o.

Fela-Lover: You cannot be serious!

NaijaPatriot: Maybe it's a guy thing joo.

Fela-Lover: You're not into Fela but you're into #####?

NaijaPatriot: Come on. I'm just saying, I don't like the person, Fela. Don't pick a fight o.

Fela-Lover: And #### is the model citizen, ehn?

NaijaPatriot: Wait. Are you related to Fela? Just checking.

Fela-Lover: No, I am not.

NaijaPatriot: All right, come now. We'll discuss him. Maybe I'll appreciate him more.

Fela-Lover: It's too late to appreciate him more.

NaijaPatriot: Tell me about him, from your point of view.

Fela-Lover: One would expect a Pan Africanist like you to like Fela.

NaijaPatriot: Mehn, I can just feel the smoke coming out of your ears right now. hahaha.

Fela-Lover: I get very passionate about Fela.

NaijaPatriot: Okay, dear. I understand. I'm not a hater.

Fela-Lover: As long as his lifestyle is not antithetic to his message, I have no problem.

NaijaPatriot: In other words, as long as he's not a hypocrite, you live and let live and continue to idolise him? Okay, so tell me more about what you like about him.

Fela-Lover: NO!

NaijaPatriot: Aaawww.

Fela-Lover: You're a good researcher. I am sure you can find out if you're interested.

NaijaPatriot: But I'll enjoy it more if you share with me.

Fela-Lover: Hahahaha.

NaijaPatriot: You can personalise it.

Fela-Lover: NOPE. Not in the mood.

NaijaPatriot: Hey. Play your favourite Fela songs then. All those protest songs, I bet you have some queued up in the CD right now. Play me one, huh?

Fela-Lover: Hmmmm.

NaijaPatriot: Are you giving me the silent treatment?

Fela-Lover: What?

NaijaPatriot: Can't believe someone would say they "don't like fela." Who says that?! Pshh!

Fela-Lover: Who?

NaijaPatriot: Not me.

Fela-Lover: Funny.

NaijaPatriot: I'm just playing. Putting a smile on your face.

Fela-Lover: Ha!

NaijaPatriot: You're cute when you're mad, that's for sure.

Fela-Lover: I gotta go; Gotta go fix my dinner.

NaijaPatriot: Okay.

Fela-Lover: (click)

NaijaPatriot: Get back here. I wanna talk some more. Let's talk about your pot-smoking misogynistic panty-wearing anarchist hero. . . hahahahaha. . .

grin
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by Fhemmmy: 2:43am On May 22, 2012
moderattor: @OP
why didn't you include Mohammed?

Interesting . . . . Fear is not easy . . .
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:07am On May 22, 2012
2pac's 'Do For Love' was as good as most of Marley's best songs, although I rate Marley highest of the names mentioned here. Also 'Better Dayz' 'Lost Souls' 'Keep ya Head Up' 'Pour Out a Little Liquor' 'California Love' and 'Heaven Ain't Hard to Find' are some favorites. All of these artists had so many classic songs.

Shame that the OP had to draw in the Christian warriors to derail the thread by mentioning Jesus.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by samstradam: 4:14am On May 22, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

This is one of the main reasons I find it hard to respect any of you aethist/nonconformist- you people are hardly ever sincere about anything, especially about how cowardly you really are.

I mean prove me wrong, you claim you did not include Muhammed because his message wasn't original, but most of what the Christ said was already included in the Old Testament. Biggie had little message besides consumerism and nothing Fela, Marley or Tupac said was original.

So as I said, prove me wrong at least about your cowardice (as I doubt you'll ever be sincere as to why you started this thread), add Muhammed to the title and let's see what's removed first, you or your topic.
Re: Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? by samstradam: 4:18am On May 22, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Interesting . . . . Fear is not easy . . .

Don't mind the fake intellectual coward.

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-zakzaky Rejects Jonathan’s ‘sorry’ / Photos Of 9ice Campaign On Bottled Palm Wine, Other Drinks / Aba Celebrates Biafra Heroes Day In Grand Style (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.