Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

What Is Life..whats Life All About? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Life..whats Life All About? (1338 Views)

What Is Life..whats Life All About? / Atheists - What's This Life All About? / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Life..whats Life All About? by espn(m): 7:21pm On May 11, 2012
Sometimes I just sit and ask my self what life is all about..sum say life is a mystery..sum say life is a journey..people give different meaning to what life is all about..sumtimes evil people live and d good ones die..d corrupt people keep stealing money without the fear of God..and d number of heartless and corrupt people is on d rise every day..from ur point of view..what is life all about..what do u fink about life..sum would say life is a race and sum would say life is a bitch..and sum its a game..to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ what does life mean to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊?
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2012
espn: Sometimes I just sit and ask my self what life is all about..sum say life is a mystery..sum say life is a journey..people give different meaning to what life is all about..sumtimes evil people live and d good ones die..d corrupt people keep stealing money without the fear of God..and d number of heartless and corrupt people is on d rise every day..from ur point of view..what is life all about..what do u fink about life..sum would say life is a race and sum would say life is a bitch..and sum its a game..to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ what does life mean to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊?
Mhhhh at these latitudes say "life is an onion, to be peel crying ..."

◙ ♂ ♀ ♪ ♫ ☼ ►◄ ↕‼¶ § ▬ ↨↑↓→ ← ∟ ↔ ▲ ▼
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by AlvinPlantinga: 7:44pm On May 11, 2012
i think the question is:

1.If God does not exist:-

Quoting the words of Richard Dawkins.

"The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference"

2.If God exists , then thats a whole different ball game.
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by buzugee(m): 8:00pm On May 11, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Mhhhh at these latitudes say "life is an onion, to be peel crying ..."

◙ ♂ ♀ ♪ ♫ ☼ ►◄ ↕‼¶ § ▬ ↨↑↓→ ← ∟ ↔ ▲ ▼
this is deep and insightful and symbolic. powerful statement Ptolomeus. cuz life has layers and you are always crying when peeling the layers cuz some of em layers will make you cry. grin grin
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 11, 2012
Still trying to figure it out myself.
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by buzugee(m): 8:52pm On May 11, 2012
AlvinPlantinga: i think the question is:

"The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference"

hmmm
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Callotti: 9:55pm On May 11, 2012
Life is a challenge.
I take it like a puzzle to be unravelled(sometimes exciting with new phockmates going stale FAST, sometimes sad as in when I lose my BELOVED partners aka true friends and they leave me behind or sometimes boring as in when I hit a 'stalemate' aka indecision/lack of motivation . . . LIFE is like a computerized 'Maze-Game'!

At the end of each day. . . I am ALWAYS a winner. cool
When I die. . . GAME OVA! kiss

Till then. . . .ain't NOBARRY AND NATIN GONNA BREAK MY STRIDE. . .on or off the cyber. NOT QUALIFIED! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY41o-iZStI&feature=related

Religion has no place in my life. . . Tanx! cool

TO ONE CONSTANT FACTOR WHO HAS MADE IT FUN ALWAYS FOR ME. . . .DARLING MR. CALLOTTI. . . . cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRvtTT26Ois

TO ALL THOSE SPECIAL MEN(NO FEMALES PLEASE) IN MY LIFE THAT JUST KEEP LIGHTING MY FIRE ALWAYS! STILL HAVING FUN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. . . ALL HAPPILY MARRIED BY THE WAY. . . . THANK GOD. . . NO WIDOWS OR WIDOWERS!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH_sDyWZqo

TO MY BELOVED CHILDREN. . . . .Hmm! Hmm! Hmm! What can I say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_VIYNyqQSs&feature=related

TO MY WONDERFUL MOM, DAD AND SIBLINGS! MY BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS. . . WOW! Through thick and thin! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a46WJ1viA

FINALLY. . . .IT'S MY LIFE!!!!! I Lack nothing. THANK THEE LORD!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE&ob=av2n

MY PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE. . . ? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. . . AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!! NL, TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY HARDER!!!!! YOU JAM ROCK OF AGES cheesy

Take it home Kelly Clarkson!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I

I love it when I find songs that truly reflect what I feel! No need for words!!!

Life is one heck of a PARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!! NEVER A DULL MOMENT! cool Wey my 'boogie shoes' jare! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFLOGOvSWg
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:00pm On May 11, 2012
If you are expecting somebody to post a definitive answer on your question, mate, you are going to be extremely disappointed.
espn: Sometimes I just sit and ask my self what life is all about..sum say life is a mystery..sum say life is a journey..people give different meaning to what life is all about..sumtimes evil people live and d good ones die..d corrupt people keep stealing money without the fear of God..and d number of heartless and corrupt people is on d rise every day..from ur point of view..what is life all about..what do u fink about life..sum would say life is a race and sum would say life is a bitch..and sum its a game..to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ what does life mean to Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊?
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Ayomivic(m): 1:36am On May 12, 2012
Yes, i had sometimes wondering about this question , but this was the answer that came to my mind

Life ! life to me is just like Higher Institution such as University or Polytechnic that every parent want their sons and daughters to go.Thi mean we all want to have a child or children on earth, I have not seen someone who will says i don't need baby.

Before someone can go to Higher Institusion he needs to choose the course of career he or she wish to go for. You may like one profession, your parent may like another profession but you are to choose either to follow your parent or your mind, in orde to choose the decipline that can grant you success in future. But know this, before you can go for this profession or decipline you need thoroughly study to qualify you for that decipline. Even though you do thesame couse that your father did you still need to pass through neccessary proceedure.You can not say you are Doctor because your father is Doctor. This means that in this life we must choose our religion (course) by making a thorough research, some may do the religion that his parent choose for him or to follow his mind on the religion he believes it can safe him.
You can not say you are christian or Muslim because your father is

When he or she starts the course he chooses or choosed for him or her, and is given that course he will come to know these,depertment or faculty where there is H O D, lecture room, lecturers that are working under the H O D to lecture you, as they are lecture you, they are lecturing them self,you will be given handout to study, then, text and exam will be done or conducted time to time to see if you know what you are doing. These mean in any religion you choose in life there must be a place of worship like lecture room,your handout is your Bible or Quran etc,lecturers are pastor or Mallim etc,H O D are like Jesus or Muhamed etc , text and exam is the temptation.

Any students that pass his text and exam is the good student and any body that fail is bad student.So ,any body that misbehave during temptation is the bad person in life and anybody who do not misbehave is good person remember will study to become sombody in life and to cater for the future.

After many exam the last exam will be done the final exam that would so if you achieve your aim.After the exam ,results will be placed for every body to see what they score that day some will be crying some will be smilling and happy.This mean in any religion you choose ,you will be judged and give pass mark some will be sorrowful while some will be happy.The success full candidate will be forever happy for their sufferness is over but the falliure and those that do the wrong decipline would put their finger in mouth and say i dear know.The would then start a fresh suffering.So Calott,life is an institution.Say this to logicboy.
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2012
buzugee: this is deep and insightful and symbolic. powerful statement Ptolomeus. cuz life has layers and you are always crying when peeling the layers cuz some of em layers will make you cry. grin grin

No, no. I do not think that makes me mourn ...
Christians say that God loves me all-forgiving ... it is a good god ... I believe in what they say ... He did not make me mourn ...
The Jewish-Christian god loves me ... although he is not reciprocated.
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by espn(m): 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Life is..beyond human reasoning!MOD front page..I want more touchin response pls!
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2013
espn: Life is..beyond human reasoning!MOD front page..I want more touchin response pls!

No problem!
You see life is all about ESPN. Yeah, you heard me.
It's about having a cold beer with your buddies and watching friday night fights, listening to the wise words of shaka and that bald headed guy on espn soccer net, being awed by the great documentaries on Mohammed Ali, Mark Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Floyd Mayweather,
laughing your as.s out at those heavily armoured men killing themselves over a tiny disc(ice hockey), watching Tim Tebow do his signature prayer pose(what a clown!), trying to understand what baseball is really all about(beats me), and finally cheering the great LeBron James and his Miami Heat squad as they devour all in their way.
Yes mehn, that is what life is about...ESPN.

By the way, I hope it was as touching as you wished? grin grin
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Kay17: 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
AlvinPlantinga: i think the question is:

Both are wrong. Richard dawkin is treading on nihilism.

2. Saying human life is meaningful only with the existence is similar to this:

Is bread sweet? No bread and jam is sweet.
Re: What Is Life..whats Life All About? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2013
But seriously, life is all about you, its about how you see it, what you understand it to be.
Like someone said, there's no way you would be getting an objective answer to this, because there is no objective answer.
Life means different things to different people, to some it's a university, to others a party, to you it's espn.grin
There is no definite answer to it, infact I am realising there are no definite answers to many things. It all depends on how you see it Mr espn, how you see it.smiley

(1) (Reply)

ID CABASA Ordained To Be A Pastor At Global Impact Church / The angel John saw in Revelation 10 sounds like the statue of liberty. / Advice Needed For An Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.