Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? (20578 Views)

Buying Of Tokunbo Cars At Apapa Berger,any Danger / Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Any Danger Starting Car With The A/C On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 10, 2013
Constantly removing ur battery from ur car, will affect ur battery terminal head, thereby redusing the grepping ability of the terminal, which at a time will couse pershell contect.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by lexyman(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2013
Bawa4bawa: Constantly removing ur battery from ur car, will affect ur battery terminal head, thereby redusing the grepping ability of the terminal, which at a time will couse pershell contect.

This is d best reply for old model cars , it will affect the battery terminal head. Thereby reduce the grip ability of the terminal , so it will cause partial contact sometimes it may lead to difficult starting of the engine and charging of the battery .

But for new model cars , avoid removing the battery if u don"t want to cause future problem for the car
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by senator2k9(m): 8:55am On Jul 10, 2013
sampitts: I'm new in this auto section. Please what could possibly be the prob with an automatic car for the tortle to stop working while u'r on the road. I'm experiencing dat with my jeep. No matter how I tortle, the car keeps slowing down until it finally stops and goes off even in the middle of the road. I'll have to restart again and it works after restarting.
its gear box failure, very common with Nissan jeep
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
sampitts: I'm new in this auto section. Please what could possibly be the prob with an automatic car for the tortle to stop working while u'r on the road. I'm experiencing dat with my jeep. No matter how I tortle, the car keeps slowing down until it finally stops and goes off even in the middle of the road. I'll have to restart again and it works after restarting.

I would start a separate thread for this bro, you'll get more responses that way, here your query is very likely to get buried.

Welcome to Car Talk.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by ray502(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
ZACHIE: Factory reset
fear factory reset
dread factory reset code
Each time i remove my battery, my car starts jerking, it loses power at will, the RPM goes way too low and it quenches at will.
I learnt my lesson the hard way.

IT IS ADVISABLE TO NEVER LET YOUR CAR KEY BE IN THE IGNITION HOLE WHEN CHANGING BATTERIES.
Why? I don,t know.
my car acts exactly the same way
each time I remove my battery.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by paix(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
I had a similar experience with my Toyota corolla. The problem worsened till I got the brain box changed. It was really embarrassing and dangerous because it can happen anywhere and at anytime.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by sampitts(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
paix: I had a similar experience with my Toyota corolla. The problem worsened till I got the brain box changed. It was really embarrassing and dangerous because it can happen anywhere and at anytime.
yeah very dangerous. Can u remember the cost estimate?
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by earthrealm(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
alstacs:

Now I know why my car jerks for almost two days anytime the battery is removed. I nearly got my mechanic arrested the other day cos he was just change my break pads and arrange for welding of my exhaust and an otherwise normal car started vibrating.
Thank God I was there from the begining to the end.

if you want to prevent such..next time after a battery change..start the car, put it in neutral..leave it to idel for about 7mins...u will observe the rpm adjust automatically as the brainbox relaearns the firing pattern of ur car..after the 7mins..it will normalize...n everything will be ok

1 Like

Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by cell22: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
paix: I had a similar experience with my Toyota corolla. The problem worsened till I got the brain box changed. It was really embarrassing and dangerous because it can happen anywhere and at anytime.
i had same experience ,my Nissan maxima would just stop in the middle of the road,i would march the trottle rather moving it would slow down ,becomes hard and seems hanging before it would finally stop,God saved me the last time in the middle of the express,i was advised to buy another ECU,(BRAIN BOX)Which i did ,programmer did start it trottle refused to fire,the programmer off it,started it again the rest is story ,it does not even start again till date,rather makes the click,click,click sound,i have packed the car,what would you advise me please?
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by jodeci(m): 5:11am On Jul 13, 2013
cell22: i had same experience ,my Nissan maxima would just stop in the middle of the road,i would march the trottle rather moving it would slow down ,becomes hard and seems hanging before it would finally stop,God saved me the last time in the middle of the express,i was advised to buy another ECU,(BRAIN BOX)Which i did ,programmer did start it trottle refused to fire,the programmer off it,started it again the rest is story ,it does not even start
again till date,rather makes the
click,click,click sound,i have packed the car,what would you advise me please?

I thought there is nissan/infiniti thread where this could be handled.People self nawa!!.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by Buhari1(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2013
Siena:

Why do you have to remove your battery to start another car? Could you please clarify EXACTLY what you do? Because I'm not seeing anything about jump leads here.

Sienna, only one percent of Nigerian car owners have a jump lead in the boot.

1 Like

Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2013
Buhari-1:

I tried to use jump leads to start my car and it didn't work. Had to take out the battery and put it in my car before it could start.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by cretin: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Buhari-1:

Sienna, only one percent of Nigerian car owners have a jump lead in the boot.[/quote]

life is all about choices...if the rest 99% of nigerians choose not to have jumper cables in their car...its their choice...they choose to manually lift batteries whenever the need arises.......

" poster that said that his jumper didnt work.
2 causes exist

1. the amperage rating of the jumper is inadequate = u bought cheap/fake jumper
2. the battery you were trying to jump was so flat that the surpporting battery could help
3. the surpporting battery isnt too good either
4. you didnt follow the right procedure in hooking up the jumper.
its not negative to negative, positive to positive
its negative to ground, positive to positive...and dont let the 2 cars touch themselves!!!
5. its adviced to keep the engine of the good car/battery running b4 you attempt to crank the bad car/battery

caution: crosscheck the terminals b4 hooking up...as a wrong hook up would wreck both either cars electronics..brainbox , wiring harness , fuses etc

1 Like

Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by LordReed(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yep I just realised that I was using the jumper cables the wrong way. Anyway that is knowledge for another day.
Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by cardoctor(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nothing wrong with constantly removing your car battery if your car is a 1978 Peugeot 504 or a Datsun 120Y.

On most modern cars, complex electronics with volatile components such as EProms and programmed modules may be affected if a short circuit is created.

Car batteries are not what you shoild be removing on a constant basis. My advice is to sort out the problem that makes you do that.

2 Likes

Re: Any Danger In Constantly Removing Your Car Battery? by Hallenjay: 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2021
lexyman:

This is d best reply for old model cars , it will affect the battery terminal head. Thereby reduce the grip ability of the terminal , so it will cause partial contact sometimes it may lead to difficult starting of the engine and charging of the battery .

But for new model cars , avoid removing the battery if u don"t want to cause future problem for the car
what apun If I remove the positive head only when am done for the day .like only night just to reserve the battery. The battery is new though but I planned to use it for the 3 to 4years... am just trying to get to use it for a longer time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Sound Sitter Calms Your Baby With Relaxing Engine Sound - Photos / Meet Jelani Aliyu, Nigerian Genius Who Designed Chevrolet Volt (Photo) / Must Car Tires Be Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.