Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Mother Of Us All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mother Of Us All (11273 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2012
The Mother of Us All
May 13, 2012

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20)

Sarah, Abraham's wife, was called the mother of all "the children of promise" (Galatians 4:28,) and the wife of Noah was the mother of all post-Flood mankind, but Mother Eve, alone, was "the mother of all living." "Adam was first formed, then Eve," Paul said in 1 Timothy 2:13, and so-called "Christian evolutionists" have never yet been able to explain God's unique formation of Eve's body in any kind of an evolutionary context.

Eve, as our first mother, experienced all the great joys and great sorrows that all later mothers would know. She evidently had many "sons and daughters" (Genesis 5:4), and probably lived to see many generations of grandchildren. With Adam, she had even known paradise, but sin had entered their lives when they rebelled against God's Word, and God had to say: "In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children" (Genesis 3:16). The greatest sorrow was no doubt when Cain slew Abel, and as with another mother whose Son's innocent blood was shed many years later, it was like a sword piercing her own soul (Luke 2:35).

Nevertheless, as near as we can tell, after her first great sin, Eve trusted God's Word henceforth, and received His forgiveness and salvation. Later, as the mother of Seth, she taught him and her grandson, Enos, about the Lord and all His promises. "Then began men to call upon the name of the Lord" (Genesis 4:26).

Most Christian believers are looking forward to seeing their own mothers again someday--restating their love and appreciation for all they did in bearing them, and in caring, teaching, and praying for them. But it will be a wonderful experience to meet our first mother, also, as well as Sarah, Hannah, Mary, and all the other godly mothers of old. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Jenwitemi(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2012
She may be your own mother but she is not mine.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2012
Jenwitemi:

She may be your own mother but she is not mine.

Even the devil can deny that he was created by God but does that change anything?

1 Like

Re: The Mother Of Us All by jmoore(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2012
Jenwitemi: She may be your own mother but she is not mine.

Is ape your mother as Charles Darwin and co said? or you have another?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Jenwitemi(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2012
Ape is not my mother and neither was Eve. My mother (who passed away last year, bless her soul) was a human being like myself who actually gave birth to me and lived in the modern era. Not a mythical woman like Eve who nobody can prove to have ever even existed at all.
jmoore:

Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On May 14, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Ape is not my mother and neither was Eve. My mother (who passed away last year, bless her soul) was a human being like myself who actually gave birth to me and lived in the modern era. Not a mythical woman like Eve who nobody can prove to have ever even existed at all.

If the "Ape" fails to qualify maybe mother nature would. undecided
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2012
The Mother of Us All

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20)

Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2012
jmoore:

We have to reintroduce him and many folks here as to who their true families really are.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2012
Who is Your Mother?

Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2012
Know Your True Family.

Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2012
I do not know if Mary and Joseph were a married religiously constituted, or were simply a couple who had never married
If both were a married couple, married by Jewish law (not the Christian law)
From the time the marriage was consummated until the moment when the angel announced to Mary that supposedly would give birth to a child ...
JOSEPH AND MARY, BEING MARRIED, NOT NEVER HAD SEX?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 6:23pm On May 17, 2012
"ever-virgin" is what we call her.

the marriage was never consumated.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2012
italo: "ever-virgin" is what we call her.

The best joke I've seen in years!
We do not believe neither the Pope!
Thanks for the great sense of humor ...
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 7:05pm On May 17, 2012
Ptolomeus:

"Joke"?

What dictionary are you using?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 7:05pm On May 17, 2012
Ptolomeus:

"Joke"?

What schools did you attend?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2012
italo:

"Joke"?

You're not kidding?
In truth you are speaking seriously?
You are saying that Joseph was gay? or powerless? or that Mary was frigid?
I find that very disrespectful.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 11:28pm On May 17, 2012
Ptolomeus:

You're not kidding?
In truth you are speaking seriously?
You are saying that Joseph was gay? or powerless? or that Mary was frigid?
I find that very disrespectful.

"Gay", "powerless", "frigid", "disrespectful"

Re: The Mother Of Us All by logicboy: 11:42pm On May 17, 2012
italo:

Ptolomeus is right. Do you really expect a married couple not to have sex? Are you joking?

Ptolomeus wrote clear English
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 12:17am On May 18, 2012
logicboy:

Ptolomeus is right. Do you really expect a married couple not to have sex? Are you joking?

Ptolomeus wrote clear English

I didn't say what I "expect", I said what actually happened!

They are to different things.

What is it that makes you feel that it is impossible for a married couple to abstain from sex with each other?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by logicboy: 12:19am On May 18, 2012
italo:

I didn't say what I "expect", I said what actually happened!

They are to different things.

What is it that makes you feel that it is impossible for a married couple to abstain from sex with each other?

Because it is clearly foolish.

-Did they not want to have children?
-Did they not have sex on their wedding night which is traditional to know that she is a virgin with the bleeding?
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 5:46am On May 18, 2012
logicboy:
Because it is clearly foolish.

Foolish to you, not to them and billions of others. You are in no position to decide for us.

logicboy: -Did they not want to have children?

They have many children. I'm one.

logicboy: -Did they not have sex on their wedding night which is traditional to know that she is a virgin with the bleeding?

They never had sex. Not everyone on earth has to practice of your tradition. LOGIC boy should know that.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2012
italo: "ever-virgin" is what we call her.

Are you sure that it wasn't consumated?

"But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother." (Galatians 1:19)

Here one of Jesus' siblings sired by the union of Joseph and Mary.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ubenedictus(m): 12:50pm On May 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother." (Galatians 1:19)

i think you got it totally wrong, the word there is a greek word aldophus it does not imply biological sibling it simply means a relative. The jews are like african and they call their relatives 'brother'. Pls get it right
Re: The Mother Of Us All by italo: 3:20pm On May 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

So which James (apostle of Jesus) are you talking about now?

Is it the one whose brother is John, whose father is Zebedee?

Or is it the one whose mother is Mary of Clopas (not to be confused with Mary, the mother of Jesus)?

Tell us.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On May 18, 2012
italo:

So which James (apostle of Jesus) are you talking about now?

Is it the one whose brother is John, whose father is Zebedee?

Or is it the one whose mother is Mary of Clopas (not to be confused with Mary, the mother of Jesus)?

Tell us.

I am referring to James, the Lord's half brother. (edit)
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On May 18, 2012
Ubenedictus:

i think you got it totally wrong, the word there is a greek word aldophus it does not imply biological sibling it simply means a relative. The jews are like african and they call their relatives 'brother'. Pls get it right

I may have to spoil your lovely dogma here. James as referred to in James 1:1 is the Lord's biological (half) brother as other verses confirm. James is called "the Lord’s brother" (Galatians 1:19), and is apparently the one mentioned in Mark 6:3 and Matthew 13:55 as the first of four "brethren" of Jesus who were sons of Mary. There is nowhere mentioned that he was a relative or cousin as you have been indoctrinated.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2012
italo:

Excuse me if my English is not good.
Actually I went to a Christian school.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2012
"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him." (Mark 6:3)

Only if folks have been allowed to read their Bibles instead of being indoctrinated by their priests with dogma that has no place in the Holy Scriptures.
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2012
italo: What is it that makes you feel that it is impossible for a married couple to abstain from sex with each other?(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like
I already have explained to you, but you you worried for my English.
You have a problem of analysis?
You ask why?
possibilities:
1. Joseph was g.ay, did not like women and therefore did not have se.x with Mary.
2. Mary was fri.gid and did not want to have se.x with a man.
3. Mary was a les.bian, did not like men.
I rule out other possibilities such as lack of love and desire, as ultimately married.
Married then what? To watch cartoons on TV?
Use you brain a bit and you'll upgrade your analytical performance.

@Logicboy Thank you very much for supporting my English.
A hug!
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 4:49pm On May 18, 2012
Ubenedictus: i think you got it totally wrong, the word there is a greek word aldophus it does not imply biological sibling it simply means a relative. The jews are like african and they call their relatives 'brother'. Pls get it right

Good joke ... I can not stop laughing!
Excellent sense of humor!
Re: The Mother Of Us All by Ptolomeus(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I may have to spoil your lovely dogma here. James as referred to in James 1:1 is the Lord's step brother as other verses confirm. James is called "the Lord’s brother" (Galatians 1:19), and is apparently the one mentioned in Mark 6:3 and Matthew 13:55 as the first of four "brethren" of Jesus who were sons of Mary. There is nowhere mentioned that he was a relative or cousin as you have been indoctrinated.
Holy God!
I must be possessed by Satan ... I will turn to Christianity, to Islam! Something happens, I must be crazy!
For the first time I agree with you ...
I will go to the psychologist!
I swear I will pay the tithe, but oh lord! help me!
Re: The Mother Of Us All by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On May 18, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Holy God!
I must be possessed by Satan ... I will turn to Christianity, to Islam! Something happens, I must be crazy!
For the first time I agree with you ...
I will go to the psychologist!
I swear I will pay the tithe, but oh lord! help me!

You almost saw the light! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? / Time To Laugh - Post Your Funny Religion Memes, Quotes E.t.c / Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.