Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Who Is Jesus ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus ? (3860 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:14pm On May 16, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^^ You would think that that would be a simple enough thing to say: on the contrary you have sissified buffoons spewing native inferiority of the most lamentable kind, while seeking to worship a foreign mere mortal man: and lampooning those who do not kow-tow as - wait for it - dishonest.

What an interesting place this world is.
cool
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by ijawkid(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2012
Like I sÀid it b4...

Trinitarians have made jesus

1.....A LIAR......
For lying to us he is GÓds son when he is suppose to be the Father himself....

Let's imagine if we edit john 3:16 this way

"For God loved the world so much that he sent his only begotten SELF in other that any one exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have eternal life""

Let's also edÍt these scriptures like this...

John 17:3

""And this is eternal,that they might know thee the only true God,and GOD(himself) whom thou hast sent....

What about 1 timothy 2:5

""For there is one God ,and one mediator between God and man,the man ""GOD""

Because according to trinitarians Jesus is both mediator and Yahweh @ d sÀme time...

It means Jesus is a high priest to himself...
Crazy aint it

TrinÍtarians have also indirectly pictured Jesus as one who suffered from §chizophrenia..

If Jesus with his heavenly awareness and senses could pray to some1 greater than he is but @ d same be that person he is praying to,what do we call that

Let's edit this statement too to suit trinitarians...
Instead of reading
""I am going back to the Father,because the Father is greater than (I am)"

Why don't we read to suit trinitarians

""I am going back to the Son,because the Son is greater than himself (I am)""

Meaning Jesus is greater than himself....

What do we call that

Schizophrenia!!!!!!!!!

Lest I forget The apostles also called Jesus d holy servant of Yahweh which he is...

!

Acts 3:13
Matthew 12:18
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by DeepSight(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2012
^^^ Honestly, its such an incredibly da.ft dumbass doctrine, it beggars belief that some parrot it with id.iotic confidence - and even have the nerve to look down on others who reject such arrant nonsense.
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Enigma(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2012
@ Kay17

I take it that you cannot honestly deny that the Bible teaches what I summarised in that my last post directed to you?

Repeated below for your convenience. smiley

Enigma:

Kay 17:

Jesus not God is the creator of everything, while Jesus wasn't created by God, right?

Consequently, there three deities in Chirstianity. And we nor Jesus can't be Creations of God, since God didn't create anything.

No, my good friend, there is only one deity in Christianity. The Bible is emphatic that God is One.

Nevertheless, though God is One, He has revealed Himself in three persons i.e. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

Accordingly, Christians do not have a difficulty accepting the following passages, inter alia, from the Bible.

1. Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2a. John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

2b. John 1:14,15
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

3. Hebrews 1:1,2
1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he {God} has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

4. Hebrews 1:3
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his {God's} being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.

OK, the passages I've quoted reveal the following.

1. God created the heavens and earth in the beginning.
2. Jesus was in the beginning.
3. Jesus was with God in the beginning.
4. Jesus was God
5. Through Jesus all things were made and without Him nothing was made {(edit) and God appointed Him heir of all things and God made the universe through Him}.
6. Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us
7. Jesus is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of God's being!

Now, I can understand if you say you do not believe all these or if you say you do not believe in the Bible. However, can you honestly deny that the Bible teaches what I have just summarised?

cool

Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Kay17: 9:40am On May 18, 2012
Enigma: @ Kay17

I take it that you cannot honestly deny that the Bible teaches what I summarised in that my last post directed to you?

Repeated below for your convenience. smiley

God is the Father of the Son Jesus, right? And the three form God?
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Enigma(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2012
At the moment, I am focusing on the central issue of the thread: "who is Jesus"?

The point so far is whether what I have portrayed is true of what the Bible says about Jesus smiley

I think that needs to be clarified before any widening of the issues. wink

cool
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2012
Kay 17: God is the Father of the Son Jesus, right? And the three form God?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Here it is clearly explained. In 325 A.D. born a new concept of God, much more modern, aerodynamic model for the most demanding.
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by DeepSight(m): 6:59pm On May 18, 2012
^^^ Are you expecting a sensible response? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2012
Deep Sight: ^^^ Are you expecting a sensible response? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
A sensible response to Enigma? No, it is absolutely impossible dear friend ...
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Kay17: 4:14pm On May 19, 2012
Enigma: At the moment, I am focusing on the central issue of the thread: "who is Jesus"?

The point so far is whether what I have portrayed is true of what the Bible says about Jesus smiley

I think that needs to be clarified before any widening of the issues. wink

cool

Jesus was "with" God and yet is God implies that Jesus is separate as a person from God and is God. A classic contradiction.
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Enigma(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2012
^^ But you don't deny that the Bible teaches this though ---- in particular as I have set it out twice now. smiley

cool
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by DeepSight(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2012
Foolishness.
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Kay17: 11:48pm On May 19, 2012
Enigma: ^^ But you don't deny that the Bible teaches this though ---- in particular as I have set it out twice now. smiley

cool

I'm trying to understand it from you.
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Enigma(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2012
Kay 17:

I'm trying to understand it from you.

Awwww, I'm flattered. smiley

However, let me say something first about "learning" (or "epistemology" to use a 'big' word which people seem to value/esteem here). In order to learn properly or to be assured of what one learns, it is extremely helpful to learn from the original source or as close to it as possible.

For our purpose, we can take a decent English language translation of the Bible for "as close as possible to the original source"; (for the proper original source/s we will need to go back to the original autographs at least, which we don't even have, and even possibly beyond that).

What does this mean? It means that for practical purposes we (me and you) need to go to a decent English Bible to verify the accuracy of what you are "trying to understand from me"!

So I have already given you an explanation and thus you at least have a basic or initial understanding from me.

Are you willing to at least cross-check the understanding I've given you with what the Bible says to confirm if I've presented a reasonably accurate understanding to you? smiley

cool
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Enigma(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2012
Well, I think we can now take it that my friend Kay17 recognises that the Bible does describe Jesus in the terms that I have set out on this thread.

Of course, I don't particularly expect him to accept the Bible's description of Jesus. All we needed to establish so far was whether the Bible does describe him as I set it out. smiley

cool
Re: Who Is Jesus ? by Raotito(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2012
go to this website and see the accounts of Jesus Christ. www.iwwmwitness.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blood Of Jesus & Ark Of The Covenant Found / Will A Mad Man That Dies Face Judgement Of God / A Message For All Atheists In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.