Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers (1045 Views)

Nigeria: 1000 Young Nigerians To Receive N500million Grant For Start Ups / T.A Orji Sleeping During Senate Screening / Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by babasin(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2007
This is true and amazing.

Nigeria senate awarded N500million as live broadcast for screen of candidates?

This is shocking and illegal.

The Senate on Wednesday confirmed the allegation that it awarded a N500m contract for the live telecast of the screening of ministerial nominees in July 2007.
Most of these TV/radion station should actually be paying the senate as they will get viewer to their station and they can make money by advertisement.

But in Nigeria, where corruption is crazy, Senate are paying TV station to come to see them.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200711152123539
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by Afam(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2007
And to think that AIT was doing Nigerians a great service all these while.

Financial recklessness and outright corruption will certainly show David Mark the way out.

Thank God, the ethics committee confirmed the N400M for renovation for the senate leader.

If Etteh was taken out of the picture for less than N300M then this N400M should be more than enough to make David Mark leave that seat.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by fakedavid: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2007
so you think it is illegal, go and open your own private station and spend your money covering government and private events.

@Afam,

Which report did you read that confirmed the 400million contract? Do u read english and understand it?
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by babasin(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2007
so you think it is illegal, go and open your own private station and spend your money covering government and private events.

It is illega contract.!

The TV stations will get viewers if they can show this live and with Viewers they can make money by advertisement.

Senate should be auctioning these screenings to make money from TV stations and not waste public money. This is criminal.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by angel101(f): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2007
Its a crying shame. All that money wasted again and yet there are no street lights, police have turned beggars on our roads. God help us!
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by fakedavid: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2007
angel101:

Its a crying shame. All that money wasted again and yet there are no street lights, police have turned beggars on our roads. God help us!

which shame - come back home u dis croaky voice toad.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by angel101(f): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2007
I beg ur pardon.
If u have a problem i advise u to deal with it. dont try and vent ur frustrations on me alright?!
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by fakedavid: 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2007
angel101:

I beg your pardon.
If u have a problem i advise u to deal with it. don't try and vent your frustrations on me alright?!

who? u dis sweet yummy crematious p ussy.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by mrpataki(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2007
angel101:

I beg your pardon.
If u have a problem i advise u to deal with it. don't try and vent your frustrations on me alright?!

I have noticed most people on the forum do not respond to that thing. I will offer such deep sitted advice to you. Please ignore it.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by saintchux(m): 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2007
Why the live telecast if it will cast 500M, can't the senate with the television station look for sponsors that will advertise during during the screening and cover the cost from there. It is so unfortunate.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by presido1: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2007
If the senate can pay 400mill to broadcast ministerial screenning what then is called TV right.
TV Right= Tv station pays to air a programe. Now in 9ja its the other way round yet we have EFCC fighting corruption.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by babasin(m): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
@presido1
If the senate can pay 400mill to broadcast ministerial screenning what then is called TV right.
TV Right= Tv station pays to air a programe. Now in Nigeria its the other way round yet we have EFCC fighting corruption.

Well said. This is crime that needs to be punished. And money recover from those stations.

When are we going to be creative in Nigeria?

TV station will get more advert, money if they good in thinking and not depend on man-know-man to get senate to pay them.

How many TV stations followed-up on the 'roasting of people' on lagos-ibadan? how many have gone to chase minister of transport?
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by fakedavid: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2007
Nigeria is a country with people who purport to be brilliant and know it all but realy they are egg heads and very dumb and dumb indeed. Example - the @poster and others.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by chidichris(m): 6:57am On Nov 16, 2007
N1.1b for the failed commonwealth games bid.
this is progress.
at least, we can see how efcc is reducing corruption in nigeria.
what i am not sure is what efcc in bringing in to replace corruption.
to me, if this is all what the war on corruption is all about, i think i preffer the long existing corruption.
billion this on roads, billion that on electricity, milliom this on renovation and now million this on braodcast. is this not the same broadcast that ait was beating and scattered for doing it for free.
all the same, we will wait to see the end of all these tom and jerry cartoons.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by ono(m): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2007
I guess their major pre-occupation now is to look for ''juicy news'' at such places as the House of Assembly and Aso Rock. They nowadays leave substance and chase shadows instead.
Re: N500million For Live Broadcast Of Senate Screening Of Ministers by babasin(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2007
Now Senate are changing tunes:

The Senate yesterday said it did not approve N500 million payment for live telecast of screening of 40 ministerial nominees in July, contrary to the erroneous impression created by the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions.
The Committee report, submitted on Tuesday, contained findings and recommendations arising from its investigations into sources of allegations that the Senate President, David Mark, was at the centre of a N3.4 billion scam, revealing that in respect of the alleged N500 million for live telecast of ministerial screening, the Senate approved the live coverage in a close session.
It, however, did not say that the Senate approved N500 million as payment to the television stations. According to the Committee in the 16-page report, “it is true that the Senate engaged two television houses to broadcast the ministerial screening live

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=95390

(1) (Reply)

Efcc, Not So Scuzzy After Ribadu / Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries / If Yar'adua Recalls Ribadu To Head Efcc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.