Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign (23010 Views)

A Picture Of Carlos Tevez's Payslip / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! / Carlos Tevez Hands In Written Transfer Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by mukina2: 1:38am On May 15, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by DExplorer1: 1:45am On May 15, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 1:47am On May 15, 2012
That's not matured enough.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by achi4u(m): 1:55am On May 15, 2012
if its true,he is biting a finger that feed him.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by splashbaby(m): 2:00am On May 15, 2012
Tevez, Joey Barton and Mario Balotelli are in the same league...Capable of out doing one another in mischiefs. Balotelli must be grinning with envy on the attention Tevez intend to achieve with that placard...Reason I love Man U, you will never see a thing like this!
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Brisingr(m): 2:11am On May 15, 2012
this ediot abandoned his team to go play golf and den he came crawlin back to discover his not as indispensable as he believed.City might be champions but tevez is among d losers coz deep down he knows he doesn't deserve dat medal.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by kingsilly(m): 2:12am On May 15, 2012
The poster was in retaliation to comments
made by Ferguson previously in the season
when he said that City would never win the
title 'in his lifetime'.
so who first find trouble??

19 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Rastamann: 2:18am On May 15, 2012
M[b]anchester City's Carlos Tevez parades 'RIP Fergie' sign[/b]

Manchester City have apologised after striker Carlos Tevez was pictured with a sign saying "RIP Fergie" during his side's Premier League title parade.

The former Manchester United forward poked fun at former boss Sir Alex Ferguson, as City paraded their trophy on an open-top bus through Manchester.

The sign was thought to refer to a 2009 response by Ferguson, when asked if United would ever be City's underdogs.

Ferguson said at the time: "Not in my lifetime".

A City spokeswoman said: "The creation of the tasteless material is in itself reprehensible and in accepting and brandishing it, Carlos has made a significant error of judgement.

"The club wishes to express its sincerest apologies to Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United Football Club for any offence or distress caused."
Tevez at City

Tevez, who left United in 2009 for City, said: "I got carried away in the excitement of the moment and I certainly didn't mean any disrespect to Sir Alex Ferguson, who I admire as a man and a manager."

The 28-year-old former Boca Juniors and Corinthians forward moved to English football in 2006, joining West Ham.

After helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League, he moved onto United, where he spent two seasons, winning two Premier League trophies and the Champions League. He scored 34 goals in 87 goals for the Red Devils.

But in the summer of 2009 he moved across Manchester to rivals City.

Tevez was top scorer in each of his first two years at Eastlands but this season was punctuated by a self-imposed spell back in Argentina after an argument with manager Roberto Mancini about his alleged refusal to warm up in a Champions League game with Bayern Munich.

Mancini had said Tevez would not feature for him again but brought him back in for the title run-in, with former City player Rodney Marsh saying: "Mancini will be sacked if Tevez plays and City don't win the title."

He impressed on his return to City, scoring four goals in 10 games, and featured in the final day win over QPR that clinched their maiden Premier League title.

And the striker has now said he could stay at the club months after it looked certain he would never play for City again.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 2:20am On May 15, 2012
If he hates SAF so much, why did he accept to play for him and what is stopping him from picking a gun killing SAF off himself?
He waited
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by otus4me(m): 2:29am On May 15, 2012
This is a fake pics, he can never do that. He didn't have a beef wit sir alex ferguson.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 2:36am On May 15, 2012
otus4me: This is a fake pics, he can never do that. He didn't have a beef wit sir alex ferguson.

it is sooooo NOT fake

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18067191
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by ifysoft: 3:55am On May 15, 2012
Its ON.. New Season Loading.. We shall see who laughs After the new season.. That City Match with QPR should be looked into for possible match fixing... 2 goals in 4 mins is impossible..

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by denzel2009: 4:18am On May 15, 2012
ifysoft: Its ON.. New Season Loading.. We shall see who laughs After the new season.. That City Match with QPR should be looked into for possible match fixing... 2 goals in 4 mins is impossible..
It's not impossible.

As much as the picture is in bad taste, SAF shouldn't have made that comment earlier!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by pendusky(m): 4:42am On May 15, 2012
ifysoft: Its ON.. New Season Loading.. We shall see who laughs After the new season.. That City Match with QPR should be looked into for possible match fixing... 2 goals in 4 mins is impossible..

Whether u luk or u no luk, man city are champs, they cant change that ok? No spoon for Utd,i gues ther have started their 7yrs trophyless like Arsenal. so go and hug a transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Canisma(m): 4:51am On May 15, 2012
Wow, dude that means you started watching football games this year.
When Nigeria came from 4-0 down to level up 4-4 in 1989 against Russia, was that also impossible ?
Ok, when man utd scored 2 goals in 3 minutes against Bayern munich in 1999 champions league final, was that a match fixing.
I have seen goals ok ? You and your red devils should stop this nonsense and go get ready for next season.
Just be sure of one thing:
POWER HAS CHANGED HANDS.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Frankiss44(m): 5:00am On May 15, 2012
kingsilly: The poster was in retaliation to comments
title 'in his lifetime'.

Get your facts right pls... Fergie didn't say Citeh won't win the title... What he said was the man utd will never be underdogs to Citeh in his life time.
What Tevez did was stupid and its good his club has apologized for the love of the game.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 5:03am On May 15, 2012
Why would they feel the need to apologize? If SAF really said that then there is nothing wrong with having a little banter about it.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by freecocoa(f): 5:15am On May 15, 2012
No offense but is the Man city Vs QPR game the first football game you ever watched? The above statement sounds like what only a very big novice in football would say.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by dipo1: 5:21am On May 15, 2012
ollah1: Why would they feel the need to apologize? If SAF really said that then there is nothing wrong with having a little banter about it.

Seconded
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by lordspiritual(m): 5:43am On May 15, 2012
underdog /nddg/ n. Orig. US. L19. [f. UNDER- + DOG n.] The dog or (now usu.) person in the process of losing or defeated in a fight or contest; a person who is in a state of inferiority or subjection.

my own opinion [size=85pt] FERGIE DESERVED IT [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by elampiro(m): 5:50am On May 15, 2012
Tevez was bitter with the way he left United in 2009. At that time, he felt he left unceremoniously. Man U bought Tevez from West Ham, but he could not exactly repeat his form in Man United as he was overshadowed by Rooney and Ronaldo. He worked hard, but he could not fit into United pattern of play and he appeared to slow the pace of play or delay the attacking speed whenever the ball was passed to him. He would make three-four wrong passes out of five in crucial matches. In the Champion's League final 2008 against Chelsea, he missed two glaring chances that could have burried the match when Man U was 1-0 up, later Lampard equalised and the match went into penalty. In 2008-2009 season he was mostly used as substitute or alternate striker to Berbatov who just arrived from Totteham. Tevez could not produce the kind of performance Ferguson wanted for a top striker, hence the need to sell him to pave way for Berbatov to settle. Tevez was to go to Liverpool but his agent preferred City because he felt it would be direspectful to United if Tevez played for the club's number one rival. When Tevez left, he started insulting Ferguson instantly, he cited that bringing Berbatove was unneccessary and that unsettled him the more, having already been put under pressure from the performance of Rooney, Ronaldo, Park and even Nani. He said if he scored against Man United, he would run towards the bench and make mockery of Fergie. But it was not until a carling cup match he got a goal for City via a penalty, but city still lost the match, and Tevez was unable to mock Fergie as Adebayo had earlier been sanctioned by FA for mocking his old club. It is most important to state here that it was in reponse to an interview, when asked if he thinks City will dominate Man U in the EPL with the way they were buying big players, that Ferguson responded mentiond that will not be in his lifetime. It was more of a general statement. All these are still vivid in my memory because I follow Man United deeply.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by anishe(m): 5:56am On May 15, 2012
Tevez is a fool. How dare he did such a stupid yhing.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by olapluto(m): 6:01am On May 15, 2012
Though I doubt if Tevez understood what he was holding, I still think it is good banter. Fergie said not in his lifetime will City win the league. Now they have won it, it is only good banter to say RIP Fergie. Tevez did not do it in bad taste. If you're looking for a totally rubbish footballer, please go on to Joey Barton's twitter page, you will see the worst ever footballer.

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by betrani(m): 6:03am On May 15, 2012
Frankiss44:

Get your facts right pls... Fergie didn't say Citeh won't win the title... What he said was the man utd will never be underdogs to Citeh in his life time.
What Tevez did was stupid and its good his club has apologized for the love of the game.
what then is d difference? if it wasn't meant to say city would neva b kings over man u! Tell SAF to go leak his wounds! Beta stil city's bootleaker

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by FrenchyL(m): 6:05am On May 15, 2012
Tevez is a bitter frustrated dude. Something is wrong with him. If I were Mancini I will sell him because he doesn't understand what loyalty means. He will still have problems at Man city it is only a matter of time.
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by DinhoMVP: 6:12am On May 15, 2012
otus4me: This is a fake pics, he can never do that. He didn't have a beef wit sir alex ferguson.
y r u showing off ur ignorance d news is all ova d place on various socer sites and ws on tv last9t skysports news if u no knw smtn dnt jst com out & say its a lie
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by elampiro(m): 6:19am On May 15, 2012
ola_pluto: Though I doubt if Tevez understood what he was holding, I still think it is good banter. Fergie said not in his lifetime will City win the league. Now they have won it, it is only good banter to say RIP Fergie. Tevez did not do it in bad taste. If you're looking for a totally rubbish footballer, please go on to Joey Barton's twitter page, you will see the worst ever footballer.
Tevez should show respect to Ferguson. Ferguson's statement was a general one in response to questions from press men. Even whem Jose Mourhino attacked Ronaldo directly in 2007 saying he didn't go to school, Ferguson told Ronaldo that it will be innappropriate to talk back at Jose. Instead, United then assistant coach who is also from Portugal stepped in to address the issue. Now after a few years, Ronaldo and Jose cannot do without each other. Even the former United assistant coach went to coach the Portugese team briefly. Tevez should forget whatever happened to him at United, but to me he never really put up a convincing performance to warrant a stay. He appeared to be doing well at City, he should see it as God's favour. He should look at Berbatov and thank God for himself. Life is not such a do or die.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by owobokiri(m): 6:20am On May 15, 2012
You guys should get off Tevez d**k. .
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by logica(m): 6:25am On May 15, 2012
Quite distasteful when you consider than the man is indeed pretty close to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by WhoIGoAsk: 6:34am On May 15, 2012
not cool. but fergie said city will not win the league when he's still living
Re: Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign by Nobody: 6:43am On May 15, 2012
kingsilly: The poster was in retaliation to comments
title 'in his lifetime'.

Hahaha. . .this kind of hypocrisy can only be found in hell-fire,so esuferguson can go to hell.up city grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL: Mourinho Gives Injury Update On Nine Man United Players Ahead Of Liverpool / Manchester United Vs Real Betis : Europa League (4 - 1) On 9th March 2023 / Manchester United Vs Fc Rostov Europa League (1 - 0) On 16th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.