Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,316 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

;; - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ;; (24274 Views)

Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years / Nigerian Illegal Immigrant Admits To Using Murdered Man’s ID In USA For 20 Years / Nigerian Woman Jailed For Using Stolen British Passport To Travel For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ;; by DECOtech(m): 4:39pm On May 15, 2012
payless: I have been watched at my job for doing nothing wrong other than being a Nigerian. Imagine that I have been working at the same place for three years and my manager keeps asking me in front of everybody what country I came from. He just ask me this same question just for people to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager has asked this question more than 400 times since I have been working there. Anything I do on the computer is being also watched. Anytime something happens, I have to answer to it. I have to answer to Boko Haram menace all the time too. I have about twelve employess who work in my team at work but they all ask me questions about why Nigeria do this and that. Abdulmutalab saga was a very bad experience for me at work. I have been facing this scrutiny for being a Nigerian for a very long time. Is it a crime or curse being a Nigerian? I can't take it anymore.
come back home na

1 Like

Re: ;; by Rapmoney(m): 4:40pm On May 15, 2012
grin grin ;DOh oh, this is real 'Sizwe Bansi Is Dead'
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 15, 2012
As far as am concerned,there is crime everywhere,we heard this because it involves a Nigerian,haven't you heard stories from other places?pls let's talk like matured fellows ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥·̵̭̌✽̤̥̈̊ Ơ̴̴̴͡k.̤̥̈̊·̵̭̌»̶̥-̶̯͡┈̥‎⌣?
Re: ;; by orekinky: 4:43pm On May 15, 2012
payless: I have been watched at my job for doing nothing wrong other than being a Nigerian. Imagine that I have been working at the same place for three years and my manager keeps asking me in front of everybody what country I came from. He just ask me this same question just for people to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager has asked this question more than 400 times since I have been working there. Anything I do on the computer is being also watched. Anytime something happens, I have to answer to it. I have to answer to Boko Haram menace all the time too. I have about twelve employess who work in my team at work but they all ask me questions about why Nigeria do this and that. Abdulmutalab saga was a very bad experience for me at work. I have been facing this scrutiny for being a Nigerian for a very long time. Is it a crime or curse being a Nigerian? I can't take it anymore.
That's one of the price we pay at times, just be careful in ur dealings at work, don't let anybody implicate you, I pray the Lord will put his watch over you. To be a Nigerian is never a crime bro.
Re: ;; by Pain(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2012
To be honest. I really don't know why I feel so sorry for this guy. He looks like a responsible father trying to eke out a living. Lets not be too quick to judge. The economic situation back home can make any man desperate. For him to have retained the employment for 20 years kinda shows he was a pretty good fella?
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 15, 2012
Pain: To be honest. I really don't know why I feel so sorry for this guy. He looks like a responsible father trying to eke out a living. Lets not be too quick to judge. The economic situation back home can make any man desperate. For him to have retained the employment for 20 years kinda shows he was a pretty good fella?

I totally agree with you. Working for twenty years without a hitch shows a lot about his character. He seems to be a good guy trying to feed his family.
Re: ;; by amosy007: 5:02pm On May 15, 2012
stagger:

f/OOL! Are Nigerians the originators of identity theft? Madmen like you belong to the cave!
dnt mind that fool...may be he is another ghanaian painting nigeria bad
Re: ;; by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 15, 2012
Identity theft is a major issue in the USA. They need to over haul their system. Its not just working
Re: ;; by amosy007: 5:04pm On May 15, 2012
DaRapture: Damn, Nigerians. Everywhere you people go, you bring trouble it seems.
you are a first degree foool.. So nigeria is the first country to steal identity? Crawl back to ur cage dumbskull
Re: ;; by coogar: 5:18pm On May 15, 2012
payless: This is a sad story going around again about Bimbo Olumuyiwa Oyewole assuming a dead man identity. I am tired of answering question like this at my job about Nigerians. Anytime something bad is done by Nigerian in the U.S or even something bad that happen in Nigeria, I am being peppered with question at my job and I am sick of it.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144390/Bimbo-Olumuviwa-Ovewole-arrested-Illegal-immigrant-worked-airport-security-supervisor-years-ID-man-murdered-20-years-ago.html#ixzz1utyaUTpb

much ado about nothing.
identity theft like it's any big deal. this man is just trying to get by and feed his family.
he's using the said identity to work not to perpetrate any evil or harm....he's paid his taxes with the identity.
what's the problem?
i'd rather him than the thousands of nigerians who ingest cocaine pellets with fufu or women who LovePeddler
themselves to the mafiosos in italy or the ones who beg online and call themselves yahoo boys.
Re: ;; by luckgames(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2012
payless:

I totally agree with you. Working for twenty years without a hitch shows a lot about his character. He seems to be a good guy trying to feed his family.

What about living in U.S for over twenty years
failing to fix his immigration problem
After 911 any person working in highly sensitive position with somebody else id is dumb
I have seeing people access pull because the people had issue with wives and was arrested
Re: ;; by OkijaPriest: 5:20pm On May 15, 2012
I can see that 'THEY' have taken delight in banning me... Okay!!

Anyways, no matter how many times I get banned, THEY can never keep an Igbo man from saying the truth...

This Oyewole Guy is related to 'THEM'.. 'THESE PEOPLE are fond of bringing bad name to this country... The other day, 'THEIR' brother was caught with 15 kilos of drugs that myteriously disappeared from his tummy..

This guy looks like 'THEM'

Spot the resemblance... Birds of a feather, look alike;

[img]http://3.bp..com/-21s68_73ryU/TzOp1F-LOnI/AAAAAAAAGos/C9A3atRCusw/s1600/fun+picture.jpg[/img]

God will expose 'THEM' all...

I no call anybody name o!! Do not ban me again!!

I have gone technical now...

7 Likes

Re: ;; by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 15, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: ;; by coogar: 5:22pm On May 15, 2012
luckgames:

What about living in U.S for over twenty years
failing to fix his immigration problem
After 911 any person working in highly sensitive position with somebody else id is dumb
I have seeing people access pull because the people had issue with wives and was arrested

he became too relaxed living off a dead man's identity.
he had enough time to have married an american and fixed his immigration problem.
Re: ;; by shizzle11(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2012
phreakabit: I know it had to be them. . . This is all "they" ever do . . . Bring shame to the nation. Anyway thank GOD I am from the "other side". grin wink

I feel you bro... U r a baaaaaad guy! Lol. Too bad, wherever they are they show themselves, now legal and law abiding Nigerians are paying for it 2ru frequent embarrasement and unnecessary air-tight scrutiny. (SMH)
Re: ;; by blackboi(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2012
he talks too much... #JustSaying
Re: ;; by justin04(m): 5:27pm On May 15, 2012
I saw this on TV last night. I kinda felt sorry for the guy. He was trying to make an honest living as an illegal immigrant. He used the name to gain employment, he did not abuse the name for committing other frauds. But haba 20 years, he should have done something about his status.
Re: ;; by juman(m): 5:29pm On May 15, 2012
Pain: To be honest. I really don't know why I feel so sorry for this guy. He looks like a responsible father trying to eke out a living. Lets not be too quick to judge. The economic situation back home can make any man desperate. For him to have retained the employment for 20 years kinda shows he was a pretty good fella?
^^^^
I agree with you.

'During his time with FJC, he had nothing in his record or his performance to indicate a cause for concern or a reason to question the state police and federal government's background checks.'
NorthJersey.com reported that the suspect supervised over 30 security guards and was allowed access to secure areas.
Authorities told the website that it appears he was using the bogus identity so that he could stay in the U.S.

Just for him to stay in US.
Re: ;; by Beaf: 5:31pm On May 15, 2012

Get a recording device and do the man for racism and harrassment. angry angry angry
Re: ;; by coogar: 5:34pm On May 15, 2012
Beaf:

Get a recording device and do the man for racism and harrassment. angry angry angry

the tool is either an attention seeker by exaggerating what he's experiencing
or he's a semi-illiterate who does not know his rights as an employee!

1 Like

Re: ;; by Mayflowa(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2012
@ Payless. Seriously I am not please with you. This is just a crime and no contry Had ever proven to be above vime
Re: ;; by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 15, 2012
coogar:

the tool is either an attention seeker by exaggerating what he's experiencing
or he's a semi-illiterate who does not know his rights as an employee!

Really? What right are you talking about? Sit down there in Nigeria pretending to know what goes on with Nigerians in the U.S. I doubt if you have travelled out of Nigeria to western nations. As a matter of fact, I have American passport, yet, I still call myself a Nigerian. Just shut up or find somewhere to sleep if you don't really have something meaningful to say. Semi-illiterate indeed.
Re: ;; by EkwyOmalicha: 6:00pm On May 15, 2012
Okija Priest: I can see that 'THEY' have taken delight in banning me... Okay!!

Anyways, no matter how many times I get banned, THEY can never keep an Igbo man from saying the truth...

This Oyewole Guy is related to 'THEM'.. 'THESE PEOPLE are fond of bringing bad name to this country... The other day, 'THEIR' brother was caught with 15 kilos of drugs that myteriously disappeared from his tummy..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-21s68_73ryU/TzOp1F-LOnI/AAAAAAAAGos/C9A3atRCusw/s1600/fun+picture.jpg[/img]

grin
Re: ;; by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 15, 2012
Mayflowa: @ Payless. Seriously I am not please with you. This is just a crime and no contry Had ever proven to be above vime

I know it is just a crime, but we are being harassed anytime something bad happens and has to do with Nigerian(s). Imagine a friend wife just deleivered a baby at women hospital in North carolina. The Nurse asked the husband if they came from Nigeria because the last name looks like Nigerian name. The husband lied and said no they came from Ghana, the women started saying to the guy that Nigerians are crooks that no one should trust as she gets scam emails from them almost everyday. Imagine that for a minute?
Re: ;; by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 15, 2012

Twenty years on stolen identity and then worked with a clean record? Amazing! He seems to be stupidly intelligent. I am just damn speechless.

The perception is always there. They asked same questions too but I have a report that I use to shut them up that the crime rate in Miami alone is more than that of Nigeria and the kidnapping rate in Tucson is on the average of two persons per day. If they must know, we don't carry guns as they do and the award for the highest crime rate in Africa even belongs to their beloved South Africa. I have never discussed Boko Haram as a Nigerian problem but always in context of global jihad while painting Nigeria as a victim. The best way to shut these guys up is to let them know you are from Nigeria. Don't pretend about it. Get a website (Wikipedia or CIA world fact book, or whatever) and put it on your desk for anyone willing to learn about Nigeria. Never answer their questions directly except you wish to do so. They will leave you alone.

2 Likes

Re: ;; by manny4life(m): 6:09pm On May 15, 2012
payless:

Really? What right are you talking about? Sit down there in Nigeria pretending to know what goes on with Nigerians in the U.S. I doubt if you have travelled out of Nigeria to western nations. As a matter of fact, I have American passport, yet, I still call myself a Nigerian. Just shut up or find somewhere to sleep if you don't really have something meaningful to say. Semi-illiterate indeed.

Look man, I understand what you're going through BUT you have to apply wisdom when dealing with these kind of people. Besides, don't you have your own system @ work? No one should have to look through what you're doing on the computer. Like I said, apply wisdom when dealing with them.
Re: ;; by coogar: 6:11pm On May 15, 2012
payless:

opinion is like a clit[i]o[/i]ris, every cun[i]t[/i] has one.....

you did the right thing bringing this story to light but then don't milk it
by blaming mr bimbo on your laziness at work that has made your manager quiz
you about your country of birth. it's either you have never come across the
words "harassment" and "racism" before or you are just plainly idiotic.

1 Like

Re: ;; by EkwyOmalicha: 6:21pm On May 15, 2012
Okija Priest: I can see that 'THEY' have taken delight in banning me... Okay!!

rewind grin
Re: ;; by luckgames(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2012
DON’T BE SURPRISE THAT A NIGERIAN MIGHT HAVE RETURN THIS DUDE IN
Re: ;; by Onyenna(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2012
I feel Ʊr pain...it's almost as if you are ashamed of your country but you've got to make your boss understand that you are proud of your country no matter what!!!!!.

..So bimbo oyewole assumed jerry's identity the same year he was murdered... He is officially implicated in the murder of jerry.......shame on him!!!! angry angry
Re: ;; by GooseBaba: 6:32pm On May 15, 2012
Payless you fall my hand... Your story and that of your friend shows that you guys are spineless thwarts. You are a Nigerian anytime.. anywhere. Face facts and defend your person. You have committed no Crime so why let some nonentity belittle you. The minute you lie about your identity is the begining of unnecessary stupidity. Do you go around accusing Random Americans for the crimes you watch on a daily bases on their six o'clock news. So mr Payless why on earth would you let anyone do that to you? If you cannot harness the power of your balls! Go get a Virginia.!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With An Atm Swindler / Ex-Convict In Security Outfits Caught With 5 Stolen Motorcycles (Pictures) / This 30 Year Old Man Was Arrested For Raping 5 Year Old Girl (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.