Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

No More Christmas For Me! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Christmas For Me! (5371 Views)

Is Christmas For True Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Christmas For Me! by yemmydavid(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2007
LET ME BRING ANODA TWIST TO THE TOPIC.

I BELIEVE IN CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF CHRIST 100%. WAT I WANT TO BRING OUT IS THAT I AM NOT SURE DEC 25TH IS THE ACTUAL DATE.
IF WE LOOK AT D DATE WE SEE THAT IT IS WINTER AT THAT TIME OF THE YEAR.SO HW DO WE EXPECT THAT THE SHEPARDS WOULD BE OUTSIDE WATCHING D FLOCKS AT NIGHT (WETIN D SHEEPS THEM DEY CHOP? ICE?).

WAT DO U GUYS THINK??
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mojmicky(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
Any way its not ur fault that u are not celebraTING christmas ,i dont no how ur eyes av opened now,any way reverend King converted some people to suit his taste,hope its not that u have met similar people angry sad cool
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by ifeke(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Romeo
Thank you jare! For me , let us not burn too much energy try to have Xmas or not. It is a personal thing. There are other issues like LOVE et al. I think it is even a grand plan to bring up this issue to kina distract us all. Be careful shocked
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by finekid(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2007
There are so many voices in the world. . . but as for me, I can't wait to celebrate ma Christmas! grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Femonjay(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
Jesus is lord

thanks finekid
I can't wait to celebrate ma Christmas
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by dustydee: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2007
the babe no wan give her neighbors chrismas food chop as christmas don dey near so, anyway whatever your reasons I hope you are totally convinced smiley
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 12:18am On Nov 17, 2007
Everyday is christmas,celebrate your life,you are the saviour,play a positive part and believe. Christ is a phenomenon of change,of authority,of freedom that comes with ultimate knowledge and wisdom,through simplicity,true love and selflessness. If you are rational enough,and stop being mugu,you could be the one.Suffer dabaru black man sense.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 12:25am On Nov 17, 2007
Christmas in the real world is about money making for the players,time to shop and time to be indepted,it is a traditional festival,just like shango festival,it just that it is a western thing and blackman as usual is induced to believe and follow,popular culture.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by face969: 12:29am On Nov 17, 2007
Gamine, Youre quite right!

Click This

http://www.dccsa.com/greatjoy/C&E.htm
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by jayvin01: 12:37am On Nov 17, 2007
hmnnnn orisirisi lo wa ni land grin grin grin grin grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Horus(m): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2007
I BELIEVE IN CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF CHRIST 100%. WAT I WANT TO BRING OUT IS THAT I AM NOT SURE DEC 25TH IS THE ACTUAL DATE.
IF WE LOOK AT D DATE WE SEE THAT IT IS WINTER AT THAT TIME OF THE YEAR.SO HW DO WE EXPECT THAT THE SHEPARDS WOULD BE OUTSIDE WATCHING D FLOCKS AT NIGHT (WETIN D SHEEPS THEM DEY CHOP? ICE?).
Jesus Was Born In The Summer

Sadly, most modern day Christians think that Jesus was born on December 25, a date established by Pope Clement VII (1478-1534 A.D.), a Roman Emperor. He became Pope in November of 1523-1534. With that, it became believable that Jesus was born on December 25, a winter month. But the mere fact that the shepherds were outdoors in the fields tending their flocks, which they only did in the summer months, Jesus son of Mary was in fact, based on the scriptures of Luke 2:8 born in the summer. In Jerusalem during the month of December, it is very cold, and there is no way this child could be born in the cold.

During the high point of the summer solstice between June 23 through the highest point being June 26, when the sheep would be brazing in the field, is when Jesus son of Mary was born.

Luke 2:8 “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.”
Luke 2:12 “And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
Luke 2:15 “And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.”
So, this quote refers to Jesus as a babe and the Greek word being used here in the Bible is brephos for newborn or infant. So, as you just read, this proves that the baby Jesus was born during the summer, in the year 7 A.D. based on the death of Herod.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 17, 2007
Horus:

Jesus Was Born In The Summer

Sadly, most modern day Christians think that Jesus was born on December 25, a date established by Pope Clement VII (1478-1534 A.D.), a Roman Emperor. He became Pope in November of 1523-1534. With that, it became believable that Jesus was born on December 25, a winter month. But the mere fact that the shepherds were outdoors in the fields tending their flocks, which they only did in the summer months, Jesus son of Mary was in fact, based on the scriptures of Luke 2:8 born in the summer. In Jerusalem during the month of December, it is very cold, and there is no way this child could be born in the cold.

During the high point of the summer solstice between June 23 through the highest point being June 26, when the sheep would be brazing in the field, is when Jesus son of Mary was born.

Luke 2:8 “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.”
Luke 2:12 “And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.”
Luke 2:15 “And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.”
So, this quote refers to Jesus as a babe and the Greek word being used here in the Bible is brephos for newborn or infant. So, as you just read, this proves that the baby Jesus was born during the summer, in the year 7 A.D. based on the death of Herod.

Can you shut up and get lost!!.
What Christians think Christ was born on Dec 25th?
Is that what the Atheists are tearing their underwears about?

get a life!.

The most important thing is that a Saviour was born,even if he was born in the hamattan,what difference does it make?

hocus pocus like you tongue
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by caustic(f): 3:32am On Nov 17, 2007
BLASPHEMY ! you guys should ask for forgivenesss before the wrath of GOD strikes you ! angry

Come off it ! you are not illiterates !

'WHILE SHERPERDS WATCHED THEIR FLOCKS BY NIGHT' not while the the sheep were grazing on the field !

------ and sheep are NATURALLY heavily clothed, EVER HEARD OF SHEEP SKINS ?? so they are well covered to survive the winter even in the heaviest SNOW !   

Silly idiots ! only God knows how many times your poor parents have paid, so you could visit the SANTA to collect gifts when you were young ! Just confess ! you cannot afford nor prepared to take your little ones there --

uuhmmm  ---- The thing POVERTY  go cause !  undecided
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2007
The fact that we only see the saviour in white man only is what amazes me.What is black man's original interpretation of redemption?how about if had not come in contact with oyibo?
Salvation is knowldge,creatitivity,exploration,control and most of all peace of mind.Believe.The romans use christianity to further their imperial power,when brutality failed,passed on to the present day aryans as tradition,believe me because i am the way,who said so?Most of the things you have today as christian beliefs and practices are not christ intentions,they are political agendas and traditions set up to mass control minds, quite contrary to christ teachings which gives you individual freedom and authority,because you are the one if you believe.
Some times i watch all this black churches on tv like deya ministry,the kenyan child thief,i feel like crying.Ashimolowo has move on a step ahead from
absolute spirituality to more of practicality,he is more like a motivational speaker,reality,smart guy,same like oyedepo on nigerian level.
There come a time in life when you got to face facts and take responsibilities of your actions and make the rules,a time when the heavens opens,a time of wisdom,the time is now.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by janami(f): 9:20am On Nov 17, 2007
whether He was born 25th of december or not, it was sha a day set aside to celebrate Him, so let me celebrate. What if Jesus was projected as a white man? wetin concern me. As surely as He is on the throne and He came to conquer sin, what do i care?
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by chelsea4su(f): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2007
NOW I KNOW THE END OF THE WORLD COMETH NEAR, BE PREPARED FOR HIS COMING
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by romeo(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2007
face969:

Gamine, Youre quite right!

Click This

http://www.dccsa.com/greatjoy/C&E.htm

is your name face969 or face666??

why don't you huys leave our xmas for us? i don't give a hoot if you are going to celebrate it or not, but i do care when wrong info is dished out to the public just to save your battered face

like the guy that said stuffs about santa meaning satan, we call such people ignoramus. i repeat again santa claus (latin) is saint nicholas in english and not satan
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by onyekang1(f): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2007
@ poster
who cares
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by ohwofasa(m): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2007
wat is ur problem with xmas?the good book says we should go tell the world of the personality called CHRIST & not to dwell in the birth of christ.how much of CHRIST do u ve in the inside of u is wat counts & not how much u no about His birth
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by U1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2007
Wetin concern me inside that one?Na your palava if you no wan celebrate.Abeg comot for here with your yeye doctrine.Just because Christmas has pagan origin does not mean one shouldn't celebrate it abi.History has it that,there used to be a celebration of the god of the sun on the 25th of December,but after conversion to Christianity some people still goes about celebrating the pagan feast so in order to discourage them from doing so,Christmas was introduced to celebrate the King of Peace.
By the way,how will Christ die and rise again if he had not been born?Santa has never been part of the Christmas thing,at least in Africa,it has its origin in the west and that does not make it Christian.
Gamine,I don increase the number of replies,congratulobia!

please the word Santa or santo means holy in spanish and not satan, just don't put up wrong info here ok!!
And the word santa also means saint in spanish and santa claus is saint nicholas
WORD!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Horus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2007
Can you shut up and get lost!!.
What Christians think Christ was born on Dec 25th?
Is that what the Atheists are tearing their underwears about?

get a life!.
You CANNOT make me shut up!! grin
I was answering to yemmydavid,not you. grin,go away you satan and santa worshiper.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by ifyalways(f): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2007
no body gives a hoot if anyone celebrates or does not celebrate christmas.my ppl has a saying that goes like this"otu nkwo onitsha a maghi na otu onye a biaghi ahia" literally meaning that 'a busy market does not notice that one person didnt come to the market' in effect ya celerating or not celebrating xmas wud not EVEN IN THE LEAST be noticed neither wud it have any effect. cool
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by champredd(m): 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2007
I understand those who said they are not interested in celebrating Xmas, they are likely to be Ajeris i.e Jehovah Witnesses or belong to some churches that don't celebrate it.

That aside, personally, I don't really see the reason for its celebration other than creating a date around the last month of the year to concide with the long end of year break from work, which has been observed over a long period of time.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by fashfisher(m): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2007
:-x
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Gamine(f): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
lol
@Onyeka,
why did u come here, thanks anyway, i don't need your care smiley

u people r too funny

im not Jehovah Witness or anything like that

im a proper pentecostal Christain

its just that if something isnt 100% Jesus it isnt Jesus at all!

how come Christmas is the most accepted holiday, everyone celebrates it, .

that should tell u something
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by champredd(m): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2007
It's widely accepted because:

1) Its the longest holiday in the year for most people

2) Time when people get free food from neighbours

3) Time when people can visit those who are dear to them and spend a lot of time with them especially if they live far apart linked with (1) above

4) Many other reasons that can not be enumerated.

Those who don't like it most are private business owners and of course, non-Christians (especially Muslims) tongue
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by northstar(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2007
hey guys, be reasonable a bit, santa has nothing to do with satan, u are just conjuring funny ideas in your head. Christmas is to be celebrated by human beings. It is a dedication to the birth of Jesus, this does not mean Jesus was actually born on that day. Go read your history books, it was used to replace a pagan holiday back then in the roman times. There is nothing wrong with turning a pagan celebration into a "holy" one. They had to convert people somehow!!Wake up guys its the 21st century!!!stop being narrow-minded!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2007
The story of christ and christianity as a whole is based on egyptian myth,there are lots of parrallels between Horus,the egyptian sun god worshipped thousands of years before christ and Christ himself
Horus according to legend was born of a virgin,same as christ.The foster father of horus was SEPH,jesus foster father was JOSEPH.Horus was of royal descent,christ of david's royal line.
Horus birth was accompained by three solar deities(star gazers)who followed by the morning star of SIRIUS bearing gifts-jesus and the three wise men.The birth of horus was announced by angels,same as christ.
HEIRUT tred to murder the infant horus-HEROD tried to kill jesus by slaughtering all the first male in jerusalem or rather isreal.Horus was baptise at the age of 30 by ANUP,Jesus by JONH D BAPTIST.Horus resisted temptation by evil SUT,christ was tempted by the devil.
The similarities goes on on down to crucifision,death and resurrection.Same goes with the story KRISNA an ancient indian god,born of virgin too,crucified and resurrected. Same old shit but diffrent people and age,same manipulators and same magas,all geared towards quest to understand,control and ultimately make sense of man's mortality and emptiness.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nwaka77: 7:52am On Nov 18, 2007
I have known for some time that Jesus may not have been born on Dec 25th. But that is not the issue. I don't care when exactly he was born. I am celebrating HIS birth. If he was not born, then HE would not have been able to die for our sins and grant us the chance of salvation. Telling me as a christian not to celebrate His birth is like telling me not to pray. As for me sha, I will keep celebrating His birth. Shikena!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by agbaere(f): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2007
I agree sometimes people tell me to only celebrate on his b-day For God so love the world He gave His only begotten Son so that who beliveth in him shall not perish but have and everlasting life. 8
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by texazzpete(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2007
The poster and the people supporting her are the people desperately trying to kill off any joy in Christianity. I mean, everyone knows that Dec 25th most likely maky not be the exact birthday of Jesus, but it's a date set aside to mark his birth.
The people talking about baby jesus, i wonder what planet they are from. whether baby or grown up man, he is Jesus. the bible says a new king was born that day, not someone who would grow up to be king. So it really doesn't matter if people fuss over the baby jesus. Afterall, the Bible goes to such pains to let us know that jesus came down to be HUMAN just like the rest of us. And what else highlights his human status then than a cute, wriggly baby?

People must gripe over every little thing. it's not enough that Jesus said 'love your Neighbour as yourself and God above everything' as prerequisite to enter heaven. Or that we've been told that keeping His commandments is the way to heaven. some people must invent more hoops and hurdles to jump through.

Santa Claus is an artificial construct. no one has made any attempts to tie this character to Jesus and the Bible. However Christmas is/should be characterised by a spirit of giving and peace to all mankind, and Santa Claus embodies that fact. If you don't like the idea of Santa, then don't go visit one or allow your kids visit one. Don't come up in a public forum with silly anagrams.
it's not enough to show that re-arranging Santa gives satan (naturally the simple minded people think the Devil would actually utilise such a simplistic guise). Show that Santa does satanic/devilish things and then we'll listen.

Till then, these people should be regarded as sour rabble rousers.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2007
@texazzpete,

Lol. . . I enjoyed your sound reasoning; but perhaps we may agree that everyone has something equally important to say on the subject. To be honest, if the question was never raised, perhaps not many of us would have been challenged enough to take the time to understand why the birth of Christ is a joy rather than a controversy.

All the same, lol. . . let's not regard them as:

texazzpete:

Till then, these people should be regarded as sour rabble rousers.

Many blessings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evolutionist Please Explain / If Nigerian Churches Were Banks / Abuja Pastor, Apostle Joshua Talena Kissing Wife During A Church Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.