Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,493 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:27 AM

Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election (11985 Views)

Interesting Facts About Sokoto Gubernatorial Election / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election / Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by maclatunji: 10:09am On May 17, 2012
Oshiomole to Jonathan: “Ignore Edo godfathers.”

The Edo state Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to publicly alienate himself from the PDP godfathers in Edo State who have vowed to rig the forthcoming governorship election in the state with the help of the president .

He stated further on his assurance that the president who had committed himself to idea of one-man-one vote cannot allow himself to be used by some politicians who cannot thread on their own path but to climb on the back of the president in order to succeed.

Governor Oshiomhole, who made this declaration while speaking in Lagos while receiving an award of the Champion Man of the Year for 2011, advised president Jonathan not to ignore the call by some PDP politicians in the state to help them to rig the forthcoming election, declaring further his readiness and commitment to transform Edo state.

He said: “I believe President Goodluck Jonathan has committed himself to one-man one-vote and I will like to encourage him to know that the business is not over. Some of the old men around him do not believe in the slogan. While they are preaching one-man one-vote, the godfather in Edo is talking of the presidency support that they will re-capture. How will the presidency help them to re-capture? Are they coming to vote in Edo State? I know this president will not allow anybody to behave as if Edo State is a retirement benefit on account of his services to his party.

“My fight against the godfathers started from his decision to veto what an elected governor had promised to the people of the state. As governor, I was compelled to go to Abuja and invited to a private living room of a man whose name has never appeared on the ballot paper and he has to interrogate me on why I want to build more schools. He was not convinced and he deleted the vote for mass transit, for education and other capital projects including security votes. So I made up my mind that we will not only fight the godfather but we will defeat him in the interest of the people of Edo State.

“Many people who have read my comments on Edo State from time to time are wondering why I am fighting the godfathers. To start with, I think to even use the word God is even wrong, the actual word should be the devils father because there is nothing godly in their acts. Some felt I am insulting elders, but I have no difficulty respecting elders, where I have difficulty is that while I respect the age of these people that are holding our dear state down, I have no respect for the age of their ideas.”

“It is the same thing that explains the paradox of a rich country whose people are being pauperised and it is the same thing that explains why fewer people are buying jets and more people are getting poorer.”

Speaking on the award, Adams said: “When people start to appreciate your good work, it is an invitation to do more and I appreciate the kind gesture by the company. It has demonstrated that there are still people of integrity in this country who can pass judgment based on facts rather than emotions. He had concluded

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/05/17/oshiomole-to-jonathan-ignore-edo-godfathers/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=oshiomole-to-jonathan-ignore-edo-godfathers
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by HighChief4(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2012
Tony Anenih should just quit politics, at his age he is supposed to be a neutral elder statesman who gives unbiased advise to both parties.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by cyril83(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2012
Kudos
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2012
These PDP people are blood thirsty. How desperate can one be. It's obvious that Oshiomole is a popular man in Edo state and no matter what Tony Anenih and cohorts do, they'll fail.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by Zulele: 3:40pm On May 17, 2012
Tony and co.,will they ever grow out of their old age? Please,enough is enough.... We are tired of the whole mess that is almost crippling all sectors of nigerian economy! They should even think about rigging the election or else what Buhari predicted will happen come 2015 when PDP rig election,it will come to pass this very year if PDP should dare Bleep-UP!
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:42pm On May 17, 2012
Adams - you are falling my shoulder badly - you massed against OBJ and rallied the forces of Labor to our side when the nefarious and dubious held us ransom - Oshiomole AKA Fearless Crocodile grin You claim to know the God-fathers who killed your PA but you cannot name them, you claim to know the God-fathers who want to snatch teh Governorship from your kokoro eyes but you cannot name them - is that old fart Anenih so hard to pronounce grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by trigar12(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Adams - you are falling my shoulder badly - you massed against OBJ and rallied the forces of Labor to our side when the nefarious and dubious held us ransom - Oshiomole AKA Fearless Crocodile grin You claim to know the God-fathers who killed your PA but you cannot name them, you claim to know the God-fathers who want to snatch teh Governorship from your kokoro eyes but you cannot name them - is that old fart Anenih so hard to pronounce grin grin grin grin
AMATEUR, u want to accuse someone without PROOF grin
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by OkijaPriest: 4:04pm On May 17, 2012
See this Edo man o!!

Your father!!! angry

Na our presido you dey warn?!! You dey mad?!!

Infact, you don lose the election.. You dey follow Fresh Air play, na die you dey!!

Shey tipper miss you before, na aeroplne dem go carry follow you next time..
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by yemmight(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Adams - you are falling my shoulder badly - you massed against OBJ and rallied the forces of Labor to our side when the nefarious and dubious held us ransom - Oshiomole AKA Fearless Crocodile grin You claim to know the God-fathers who killed your PA but you cannot name them, you claim to know the God-fathers who want to snatch teh Governorship from your kokoro eyes but you cannot name them - is that old fart Anenih so hard to pronounce grin grin grin grin

So you think the Governor will think the way you think by naming the killers? Chai I even wonder if some people dey think self.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2012
trigar12:
AMATEUR, u want to accuse someone without PROOF grin

But Oshiomole says he has evidence and names - wetin him dey wait for grin
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2012
yemmight:

So you think the Governor will think the way you think by naming the killers? Chai I even wonder if some people dey think self.

So he should cover it up like his fellow PDP brethren - anyway that is the way Politics works in Nigeria - Violence, Lies, Money, Propaganda and lack of Political Will and Conviction
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by amara1979: 4:16pm On May 17, 2012
I hate Anenih and all his cohorts, but unfortunately all his former cohorts have all joined Oshiomhole in AC. So why is oshiomhole still crying wolf? I hate PDP and all they stand for, but Oshiomhole has gone far enough with this godfather stuff. Oshiomhole is gradually becoming a godfather within AC, yet he is still crying. There is nobody in PDP anymore; they have all joined AC, so he should shut up and think of how to win the election. The by elections conducted that were conducted by Oshiomhole were heavily rigged in the favour of AC, after the one man one vote nonsense oshiomhole preached. He deceived PDP into having a free and fair election to test who was more popular in edo state, and at the end he rigged it massively. That was why the last parliamentary election within the AC that saw Senator Ozamere emerging as the party's flag bearer was very bloody. There was serious intra-party rigging by oshiomhole to favour his candidates. What you so, you will reap. Oshimhole has refused to conduct local govt. elections since he came in, why? How much is edo state owing? How much was used to contruct airport road, that still on going for about 3yrs? The elites in Edo State are no more being carried away by oshiomhole's antics, they are losing confidence in him. He is as corrupt as Lucky Igbinedion who installed him there. Suddenly after it was revealed that he was building a 10.5 Billion niara mansion in his village, people close to him start getting killed, and yet he is pointing accusing fingers at others. The police should investigate the PDP and AC alike, I dont trust that demon Anenih and even oshiomhole himself. They will both do anything to hold on to money and power.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by nerodenero: 4:16pm On May 17, 2012
Bros now,he doesnt work that way.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by doncaster(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

But Oshiomole says he has evidence and names - wetin him dey wait for grin
He is another odechukwu in fact he is Comorade Odeoshimole
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by Kxy(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2012
Kudos to our Gov. Oshio Baba.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by kenmusa: 4:42pm On May 17, 2012
Dear comrade,
Continue to serve the people and remain fearless. But do more work than propaganda and you will surely succeed. Take a leaf from the governor of Enugu state who, within 5 years had re-contructed, to world standard, almost all the roads in Enugu metro without going on air. Anyway, my wife has vowed to vote for you, no matter what. May God bless you, comrade
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by unite4real: 4:47pm On May 17, 2012
Obasanjo and Anenih cannot understand why they cannot deliver PDP in their respective states. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by warrior101: 4:56pm On May 17, 2012
To be a leader is not easy o... But all these name calling folks always amuse me sha.. Go comrade odeomole hahaha. I hope Jonathan stays clear.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 17, 2012
@Largerwhenindoubt he mentioned Anineh as the arrowhead of curruption this afternun in his campaign rally whch i watched live in AIT. Infact he made his teaming supporters to chorus Anenih! Anenih! Anenih! Following each questn of who was and is still leading d pdp that claimed that they acept liability for their poor performance in d past and boast that they'v restructured to give better service now, even while holding to d state fund they sifoned.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by 9jamasses: 5:14pm On May 17, 2012
big truth!tell Jonathan everyday not to dare...
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by amara1979: 5:16pm On May 17, 2012
In all that Oshiomhole has been saying, why has he is never mentioned the names of the two biggest thieves; Lucky Igbinedion and his Father? Who is fooling who?
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by GeorgeD1(m): 5:34pm On May 17, 2012
ride on oshiomole. nothing do you! cool
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by warrior101: 6:00pm On May 17, 2012
Nurin does you Oshio baba. You have my vote...
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by jude33084(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2012
Okija Priest: See this Edo man o!!

Your father!!! angry

Infact, you don lose the election.. You dey follow Fresh Air play, na die you dey!!

Maybe na your family go dey inside that bus wey aeroplane go crash ontop?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by jude33084(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2012
amara1979: In all that Oshiomhole has been saying, why has he is never mentioned the names of the two biggest thieves; Lucky Igbinedion and his Father? Who is fooling who?

A Lion; the head of his pride only fight those that stood on his way,...those lying down will be passed. Igbinedion is lying low for Adams to rule.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by icerberg(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2012
amara1979: In all that Oshiomhole has been saying, why has he is never mentioned the names of the two biggest thieves; Lucky Igbinedion and his Father? Who is fooling who?

Big question. Oshiomhole is in alliance with those thieves so he will never dare to mention their names. Rather he will call Names of political parties. I just hope people open their eyes n c beyond sophisticated suger-coated oratory.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by icerberg(m): 6:37pm On May 17, 2012
amara1979: I hate Anenih and all his cohorts, but unfortunately all his former cohorts have all joined Oshiomhole in AC. So why is oshiomhole still crying wolf? I hate PDP and all they stand for, but Oshiomhole has gone far enough with this godfather stuff. Oshiomhole is gradually becoming a godfather within AC, yet he is still crying. There is nobody in PDP anymore; they have all joined AC, so he should shut up and think of how to win the election. The by elections conducted that were conducted by Oshiomhole were heavily rigged in the favour of AC, after the one man one vote nonsense oshiomhole preached. He deceived PDP into having a free and fair election to test who was more popular in edo state, and at the end he rigged it massively. That was why the last parliamentary election within the AC that saw Senator Ozamere emerging as the party's flag bearer was very bloody. There was serious intra-party rigging by oshiomhole to favour his candidates. What you so, you will reap. Oshimhole has refused to conduct local govt. elections since he came in, why? How much is edo state owing? How much was used to contruct airport road, that still on going for about 3yrs? The elites in Edo State are no more being carried away by oshiomhole's antics, they are losing confidence in him. He is as corrupt as Lucky Igbinedion who installed him there. Suddenly after it was revealed that he was building a 10.5 Billion niara mansion in his village, people close to him start getting killed, and yet he is pointing accusing fingers at others. The police should investigate the PDP and AC alike, I dont trust that demon Anenih and even oshiomhole himself. They will both do anything to hold on to money and power.

Wise men speak facts. U write without any trace of sentiments. U said it as it is. May God bless u n I hope u hear more people like u speak. Kudos.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by adora4u1: 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
Okija Priest: See this Edo man o!!

Your father!!! angry

Abeg no kill me with laugh! O boy! You no like this guy at all!
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by yongnoble(m): 6:45pm On May 17, 2012
maclatunji: Oshiomole to Jonathan: “Ignore Edo godfathers.”

The Edo state Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to publicly alienate himself from the PDP godfathers in Edo State who have vowed to rig the forthcoming governorship election in the state with the help of the president .

He stated further on his assurance that the president who had committed himself to idea of one-man-one vote cannot allow himself to be used by some politicians who cannot thread on their own path but to climb on the back of the president in order to succeed.

Governor Oshiomhole, who made this declaration while speaking in Lagos while receiving an award of the Champion Man of the Year for 2011, advised president Jonathan not to ignore the call by some PDP politicians in the state to help them to rig the forthcoming election, declaring further his readiness and commitment to transform Edo state.

He said: “I believe President Goodluck Jonathan has committed himself to one-man one-vote and I will like to encourage him to know that the business is not over. Some of the old men around him do not believe in the slogan. While they are preaching one-man one-vote, the godfather in Edo is talking of the presidency support that they will re-capture. How will the presidency help them to re-capture? Are they coming to vote in Edo State? I know this president will not allow anybody to behave as if Edo State is a retirement benefit on account of his services to his party.

“My fight against the godfathers started from his decision to veto what an elected governor had promised to the people of the state. As governor, I was compelled to go to Abuja and invited to a private living room of a man whose name has never appeared on the ballot paper and he has to interrogate me on why I want to build more schools. He was not convinced and he deleted the vote for mass transit, for education and other capital projects including security votes. So I made up my mind that we will not only fight the godfather but we will defeat him in the interest of the people of Edo State.

“Many people who have read my comments on Edo State from time to time are wondering why I am fighting the godfathers. To start with, I think to even use the word God is even wrong, the actual word should be the devils father because there is nothing godly in their acts. Some felt I am insulting elders, but I have no difficulty respecting elders, where I have difficulty is that while I respect the age of these people that are holding our dear state down, I have no respect for the age of their ideas.”

“It is the same thing that explains the paradox of a rich country whose people are being pauperised and it is the same thing that explains why fewer people are buying jets and more people are getting poorer.”

Speaking on the award, Adams said: “When people start to appreciate your good work, it is an invitation to do more and I appreciate the kind gesture by the company. It has demonstrated that there are still people of integrity in this country who can pass judgment based on facts rather than emotions. He had concluded

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/05/17/oshiomole-to-jonathan-ignore-edo-godfathers/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=oshiomole-to-jonathan-ignore-edo-godfathers

Devilfather......very true and funny grin
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by oiseworld: 6:58pm On May 17, 2012
abeggg!!! 70% of the present acn all decamped from pdp so what is oshomhole saying. I want him to win and i pray he wins but, he should stop portraying his party as saint and clean and be careful of the people around him. Nigeria and its one party system.

Anenih had his chance and he blew it, make the old man go mentain small.
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 17, 2012
Remember the OLE in Oshiom-OLE
Re: Oshiomole Advises GEJ To Stay Clear Of Edo Gubernatorial Election by godello: 7:49pm On May 17, 2012
amara1979: I hate Anenih and all his cohorts, but unfortunately all his former cohorts have all joined Oshiomhole in AC. So why is oshiomhole still crying wolf? I hate PDP and all they stand for, but Oshiomhole has gone far enough with this godfather stuff. Oshiomhole is gradually becoming a godfather within AC, yet he is still crying. There is nobody in PDP anymore; they have all joined AC, so he should shut up and think of how to win the election. The by elections conducted that were conducted by Oshiomhole were heavily rigged in the favour of AC, after the one man one vote nonsense oshiomhole preached. He deceived PDP into having a free and fair election to test who was more popular in edo state, and at the end he rigged it massively. That was why the last parliamentary election within the AC that saw Senator Ozamere emerging as the party's flag bearer was very bloody. There was serious intra-party rigging by oshiomhole to favour his candidates. What you so, you will reap. Oshimhole has refused to conduct local govt. elections since he came in, why? How much is edo state owing? How much was used to contruct airport road, that still on going for about 3yrs? The elites in Edo State are no more being carried away by oshiomhole's antics, they are losing confidence in him. He is as corrupt as Lucky Igbinedion who installed him there. Suddenly after it was revealed that he was building a 10.5 Billion niara mansion in his village, people close to him start getting killed, and yet he is pointing accusing fingers at others. The police should investigate the PDP and AC alike, I dont trust that demon Anenih and even oshiomhole himself. They will both do anything to hold on to money and power.
10.5 billion naira mansion! Lol is he building a stadium?. Don't beleive this trash.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting / Osinbajo Visits Anambra For Tradermoni Enumeration And Disbursement / Man Blames Ike Ekweremadu And Other Politicians Over Bad Roads In His Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.