Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates (47712 Views)

Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / #NigeriaDecides2015: Presidential/National Assembly Election Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:33am On Jul 14, 2012
Are you in edo state like me, report what is happening at your ward/unit. I will be reporting from Esan North East LG

3 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by chelseabmw(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2012
I will be reporting from Esan west LGA

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by DonaldGenes(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2012
We still waitinq 4 ua upates
anywea i am not blind to see that oshiomole is already winninq.....

2 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ifihearam: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2012
We need more correspondents ooooo
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by OmoTier1(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2012
Abeg, me no fit shout!...watching updates on www.channelstv.com here in the UK and oi! see as the school fine well well oooo... comfortable seats and tiled floor!!... Now the world can truly see Edo is Working!! Painful I could not make the flight to Nigeria to vote
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Osisinakpo(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2012
you guys in Edo should go out there and vote, dont sale your vote, cast ur vote for the right candidate, to me, i prefer Osho baba. Despite am not in Edo at the moment, i'll definately be observing the election 2ru d bush radio straight and direct via osisinakpoSAT.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2012
In Ikpoba Okha Lga I will be rerporting. But its already Osho all the way.

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by chiefkpokp(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2012
acrreditation in Progress, am covering Egor and Oredo
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Osisinakpo(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2012
chelseabmw: I will be reporting from Esan west LGA

@cheaseabmw, pls make sure u cover uhiele ward, ukpenu, emuhi, ihumudumu, iruekpen, eguare, but can u make it to urohi coz of distance?
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ifihearam: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2012
Good work all the way
Keep us posted for further development.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Delaw8: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2012
I will be reporting ward 4,5,6,7 and 12 in oredo but from the look of things in these area,its been osho baba's song so all the way
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by ifihearam: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2012
Good work all the way
Keep us posted for further development.
I hope PDP thugs will not snatch ballot boxes,cos that's their plan all along
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by wandeay: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2012
i pray it shouldn't be bloody cos Edo election is always one of the toughest
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by mynaija123(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2012
I will be reporting from the governorsvillage.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2012
From Esan north east, acreditation in progress, things seems to be free and fair
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by hrhobi1(m): 9:23am On Jul 14, 2012
Oredo ward 10 Asoro Pri Sch. Igbesawvan Pri Sch ,oza pri school, all in control, my boys are on stand by, everybody smiling . I have done a good job so far. we vote Oshiobaba cause hes done well, But opposition pay well sha.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Lordave: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Na wetin I c b dis o

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by proudlyafrican(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Good job from you guys,will be following your reports...From my enclave in Lagos all i want is free and fair election in Edo State.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Murphy7h4: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Look good
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by sonyjacobs(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2012
9:20 am here in garrick memorial sch. Ekemwan rd benin city,no inec official,no voting materials,voters stil waiting since 8am. Up Jega
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by folowo(m): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2012
Pls you guys shld watch ur back o. I pray peace will reign in Edo today
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:26am On Jul 14, 2012
Cars are not allowed to come inside the compound. You know that oshio was smart enough to fence 80% of the schools in edo state. Bt there is one jeep inside the compound since we are not equal.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by emmanuell23(m): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2012
Hope its nt wat am tinking..ballot box n inec officials yet to come in iyoba college in technical sch rd at dis tym
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Osisinakpo(m): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2012
EDO 2012: Battle for
the ‘Heart Beat’
state begins The over 3 million
people of Edo State
will today decide who
will occupy the Dennis
Osadebay Government
House seat as their governor. Seven candidates are
contending to become the
governor of Edo state. Those eyeing the coveted
seat are: 1. Adams Oshiomhole of
the Action Congress of
Nigeria (ACN) 2. Maj.-Gen. Charles
Airhiavbere (retd.) of the
Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) 3. Solomon Edebiri of the
All Nigeria Peoples Party
(ANPP) 4. Izevbuwa Roland of the
Congress for Progressive
Change (CPC) 5. Andrew Igwemoh of the
Labour Party (LP) 6. Mr. Paul Orumwense of
the National Conscience
Party (NCP) 7. Frank Onaiv of the
Social Democratic Mega
Party (SDMP) However, all eyes will be
on three candidates:
Misters Oshiomhole,
Airhiavbere and Edebiri
because of their
antecedents. Projected voting
pattern The Heartbeat State is
divided into three
senatorial districts
composed of several
ethnic groups. Some
political analysts have argued that this may
affect the pattern of
voting today. The ethnic political
dimension has been
between sharing the
powers among the three
senatorial districts of the
state, with major dominance in this election
between Edo South and
the Edo North district. By INEC Figure, Edo South
holds over 59% of the
voters while the North
and Central shares the
balance percentage in
succeeding order. The North has the
incumbent governor,
Adams Oshiomhole, who is
of the ACN; Etsako West,
Labour Party’s Andrew
Igwemoh is from Etsako East, and Prince Frank
Ukonga of the Social
Democratic Mega Party
(SDMP) is from Akoko Edo
LGA. For the Edo South, the
main opposition party
candidate, Charles Ehigie
Airhiavbere, of the
People’s Democratic
Party (PDP) Ovia North East LGA, Solomon Iyobosa
Edebiri of the All Nigeria
People’s Party (ANPP)
Uhunmwonde LGA, Roland
Izevbuwa of Congress for
Progressive Change (CPC) Ikpoba-Okha LGA and
Imaguomwanrhuo
Orunmwense of National
Conscience Party (NCP)
Ovia North East LGA. Edo Central is popularly
referred to as the very
stronghold of the PDP and
is made up of five local
governments namely, Esan
West, Esan Central, Igueben, Esan North East
and Esan South East
making up the six
constituencies at the
state house of Assembly. Esan central senatorial
districts boast of a
number of political
heavyweights who have
held their sway strongly
at the national level. Very notable ones now
include the National
Leader of the PDP, Tony
Anenih who hails from
Uromi in Esan North East
Local Government. The National leader of the ACN,
Tom Ikimi who hails from
Igueben is also from this
District just as well as the
Minister of Works, Mike
Onolememe. INEC is ready The Independent National
Electoral Commission (INEC)
has the assurance to
citizens of Edo state that
today’s governorship
election will be conducted in a free and transparent
manner. The Resident Electoral
Commissioner in the state,
Kassim Gaidam affirmed
that security and logistics
arrangement have been
put in place to ensure a smooth and credible
election in the state.

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by honeric01(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2012
Make una furnish us o.. we can't wait to move Edo forward..
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by hovic(m): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2012
I dey Ramat naw. Reporting Live from ITV
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by hovic(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2012
Accreditation bout to start.
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by LaconicINC: 9:42am On Jul 14, 2012
Am reporting from Oredo LG,am at my my Polling Unit 12/02/02/013,accreditation has started here
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Osisinakpo(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2012
about 3,500 armed soldiers, joined by mobile policemen and members of the Civil Defence Corps mounted sentry at the strategic places in the state. . . . . . . . . . . . Reporting frm osisinakpoSAT
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Carmall(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2012
Bt the cpc candidate has declared his support for oshio baba...

1 Like

Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by hovic(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2012
Ooh boi see machine gun, this gun no get pause. Wetin dey happen self. Fear and Cool just inter me seeing those gun. Gosh
Re: Edo Gubernatorial Election - Live Updates by Clemzy16(m): 9:47am On Jul 14, 2012
I just hide my head for inside house. Anyways sha, I'll be reporting live from ITV..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

6 Nigerian Governors Who Are Ph.d Holders / 2023: Amaechi Gets Extra Security After Rumours Of Endorsement From Buhari / EndSARS: Adamu Garba To Jack Dorsey "Stay Away From Nigerian Politics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.