Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? (56181 Views)

How Us Soldiers Are Trained Not To Laugh / Is This Fair To Our Soldiers. / How Police Are Trained To Use Deadly Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by sammirano: 7:00pm On May 17, 2012
even with this punishment it doesn't make them skillful in the art of war so what is the use

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2012
Soldier = monster
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 17, 2012
cdoffx:
the Cameroonian armed forces also do the same training moreover Bakasi was handed over because of the international court rulings not because our armed forces can't handle the situation. the Cameroonian knew better so they ran to international court

Did the Cameroonian soldiers not kill some Nigerian soldiers around 1980, did the Nigerian soldiers fight back, no instead they were quick to look for a peaceful solution. But they can flex their muscles on defenceless citizens they are meant to protect.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by kwenu: 7:07pm On May 17, 2012
Y all see that soldiering na die,
lET ME SHARE SOME FEW EXPERIENCES I VE HAD WITH YOU
of all military, the ARMY is the hardest followed by the NAVY, then AIRFORCE,
this as NIAJA Concern

Army training lasts for 6 months, people do lost thier lives during thE Training,Go ask dem for DEPOT, Zaria, You ll be treated like an animal for 6 months, .
During the night they let you sleep for just two hours which is 12:00 midnight to 2am ,the siren blows and your re up,

when its rainy heavily you all will be mustered outside to the Parade ground(all divisions) and there, you can be ordered to start forward rolling in heavy rain , or pin your head in hot sun or sit on ya head in the sun,
Most Army personel recruit love Ogogoro Joints, they get drunk on most night occasions that they fall of the floor.
watched a one time Seargeant, who has once been to war at Liberia get drunk fall on the floor and was fast asleep.
Barrack boyz dem tried to steal his UN boot but were unsuccessful, for he was rescued during the plot.

the picture above is one of the experiences you must go through while in training,
it will help boost your MORAL,
Make you mean and deadly.
make you fearless.
This helps encourange the emotion of anger.
any soldier who undergoes such EXErcise as this increases his or her (MORAL),

In the army , you will loose your fineboy, since you will spend 1 or 2 months in bush camp,
they will make you rugged, and you will trek from one state to another. My army friend coverED the distance From (OWERRI TO ABA) With his foot (in group), that helped biuld his stamina.

When you got to eat at canteen , you need be very fast . cos they count 1-10(one to ten) anything after you will be punished or soaked in the mud (smelly gutter) three days you still be smelling.

You fail internal exams, you get punished.
No smokin , no phone calls to ya loved ones
Female soldiers undergo thesame.
Trainees hide and call thier Godfathers when the pain gets too much for them. and officers become more angry at this and sometimes they act worse. by increasing the pain.

I RESPECT ARMY but they have too much challenges.

NAVY,Sweet job with Highly Disciplened Officers, Low or No curruption among senior officers(as far as my eyes can see)
(FEMALE NAVY PERSONEL)Dolphins look Very cool and beautiful in uniform but they are very wicked

Navy got good welfare packege for thier staff.
for Their screening they are the most standardised(they check anything checkable)from Intellectualism to medical fitness, and physical fitness.
we were asked to cover 3.5km race within 15minuites (No easyman)

WAS ASKED TO DEFEND MY SCHOOL result
you ll strip ya self naked for medical checking.

A guy had to deny his flat foot during checkup lol.
A stamara had to deny being a stamara lol.
A man of 37 years old had to claim to claim 21 lol.
some girls were automatically impregnanted lol.
A guy had to employ a blood donor to represent him, during medical screening.
A learner claimed to be an expert in driving until he was tested and found a Novice.
A guy with high blood pressure died during the 15 mins, 3.5km race,though he was disqualified in the medicals but (Godfatherism)made him appear among runners

AIRFORCE Very clean and cleanest of all miltary FOR Naija and highly discipled personels
They dont untidy their enviroment unkept.

their new recruits aint cool headed and most of their regular combatants are Dangerously wicked
that thier recruit or (Lower cadre) are afriad of em (REG COMBATNTS) 4years 4 NDA no be childsplay
Good welfare package,
very disciplened. i watched some of thier Ogas being locked up in guardrooms

BY EXPERIENCE I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE MEN WHO SERVE THIS NATION WITH GOOD INTENTIONS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Onuokwu: 7:09pm On May 17, 2012
This is definitely Nigerian Military School Zaria, My alma mater grin
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by BlackBaron: 7:11pm On May 17, 2012
Barbaric punishments...under the guise of drilling.

They call that 'planting'

not reserved only for NMS boys

Any ex-commando would know what tis is about
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by piragirl(f): 7:17pm On May 17, 2012
rokiatu: Are they being punished or t
rained?
they are being train, i remeba wen i went for recruitment *62 intake*.they called it PIN HEAD,wen we are in dis posture dey will still ask us 2 be singing&claping wit our hand on our back.
Hear wht we sing, dey will ask*who buy em(echo)na mi buy em.(meaning na u buy ur suffering form urself i.e. Dier army form.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by 9emere: 7:38pm On May 17, 2012
D pics is so fake . d other soldier is even laughin @ u guys ignorance
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 17, 2012
If you've been to any form of corporal institution, including CORRECT boy's hostel (not all these new aje-butter hotels where they have running tap-water angry ), you come to realize that punishment only makes you stronger and tougher. E.g fetching bathing water from well for 6 "seniors" every morning before you do your own is the gyming you would have never done if you were left alone. grin

An old coworker of mine was in the Navy of his country and when they were all recruits there was always this one skinny, troublesome guy who always gave the drill sergeants stress.
And they made him "drop and give me 50!" each time he decided to act the rogue while others are busy resting or sleeping grin. And this happened many times a day.
Within 6 months, that same troublesome guy became buffer and stronger than everyone of those recruits and eventually became the group leader.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Spirit96(m): 7:58pm On May 17, 2012
Dis 'PIN HEAD' started during Abacha regime. Every sldr trained frm that period must experience dis 'PUTI PARADE'. Dis parade replaces d giving of injectn. It strengthens, energises n mould d sldr 2 be resolute, aggressive, gallant, agile, ruggged n Gud 2 Go in any bagger job without fear or favor. That's why d Naija Army is well known n respected internationally 4 it's professionalism in infantry tactics. A H U A - ALL D WAY!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by kilimanjaro(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2012
Some civilians are still stronger than them inspite of all these tough training they go through.
I remember sometimes ago when one guy fought a soldier one-on-one in lagos island. He gave the soldier a swollen eye.
The soldier left and came back with his fellow soldiers. Meeeen, They nealy kill that guy that day.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by osundu(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2012
Genrutlemen!baggas are flying it as pa alfa jet.wit this blasting of pot,bullets will bounce back.let them feel it,dats de standard!izat kilia!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 17, 2012
kilimanjaro: Some civilians are still stronger than them inspite of all these tough training they go through.
I remember sometimes ago when one guy fought a soldier one-on-one in lagos island. He gave the soldier a swollen eye.
The soldier left and came back with his fellow soldiers. Meeeen, They nealy kill that guy that day.

Omo, the guy no for wait them nah
As dat soldier run go one side, ein suppose pack bag fade comot the other side...for like a few weeks.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 17, 2012
Imagine all these boys who managed to go to Nigerian Military School Zaria, a bloody secondary school are busy calling others civilians. Wetin una be? U are a bloody civilian. Commot for road make big boys pass. NDA graduates should be d ones talking not u rats.
Military training is bloody tough, however they are some real barbaric stuff like d ones in the pix which they use as forms of punishment.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by malc619(m): 8:16pm On May 17, 2012
With all dis training, they're still so ill-mannered and irresponsible..
Our soldiers are well trained physically, but mentally,....they're ά̲̣̥ bunch of "coconut-heads"....
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by kilimanjaro(m): 8:20pm On May 17, 2012
2buff:

Omo, the guy no for wait them nah
As dat soldier run go one side, ein suppose pack bag fade comot the other side...for like a few weeks.
He wanted to leave the vicinity, but never thought the soldiers would be so quick.
Omo, come see beating.
I guess their power is when IN GROUP.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by KDULAR: 8:23pm On May 17, 2012
People what you are seeing is what every human being in military uniform has gone through. this is irrespective of whether you are enterd from primary school, secondary school or graduate, This also irrespective of your profession lawyers to pharmacists doctors and even reverend father ! Trust me on this. it is called ............. Initially painful and as times goes on, you get used to it. shocked shocked shocked. You may stay in the same position for an hour or more , that is real no exaggeration. i know of some one who served this punishment 2.5 hrs every night for 5 days consecutively outside other punishments including this thatbwill normally come up during the course of the day. The picture is no fake it is real . although not recent as i guess it is hardly metted out again especially in ......

Gentlemen , the military is no joke, the fact that you are seeing starched , good looking uniforms does not mean it is child's play. Some here say a lot of derogating things about the fitness and discipline of the Nigerian military as a whole, lets be guided that the when the challenge comes, they can rise to the challenge. Too much Hollywood is not good for the soul. Coolio said in the rap song gangsters paradise " too much television watching catch me chasing dreams". Whatever good and bad, the military is the pride of any nation, if you can spew dust about your supposed pride then i wonder what we really stand to gain from that . on the internet shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 17, 2012
Police training should be the 'worstest' grin grin
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by malc619(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2012
obakovich:
Thank you very much for educatn these bloody civilians.
Many are called but few are Ex-Boys.NMS95

An uncouth "zombie" on d lose....
I wonder if dats how ur colleagues in developed nations insult their civilian counterparts
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 17, 2012
Gaggi: Imagine all these boys who managed to go to Nigerian Military School Zaria, a bloody secondary school are busy calling others civilians. Wetin una be? U are a bloody civilian. Commot for road make big boys pass. NDA graduates should be d ones talking not u rats.
Military training is bloody tough, however they are some real barbaric stuff like d ones in the pix which they use as forms of punishment.
grin grin grin grin grin
You are what we refer to as 'belushians' and they usually die young.

NMS/95/xxxx F-Coy cool
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 17, 2012
Anyway,
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by malc619(m): 8:44pm On May 17, 2012
gbogboti:

Come to 82 Division Enugu and you 'll respect soldiers even in hell. That's why the civilians 'd always be bloody. @all, tell the man in Aso rock to behave. Or else...you know the rest

Some soldiers are nothing but Beasts in Khaki

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Smooth278(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2012
don't know what u guys are all shouting about but this was standard punishment in most secondary schools with boarding facilities!!! i did this punishment myself for more than 3hrs with other members of my house!!! some dudes were even sleeping during it so its not peculiar to the military schools!!! This is called planting though in our case the stones were not there it was just the bare ground!!!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by dadicvila(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2012
f i o:

usa can't undergo this kind training, they won't survive it bcoz they depend more on their technologies while we depend mainly on manpower.
go and confront a US naval seal or even an ordinary US soldier in hand to hand combact if he wunt kill u b4 u blink twice,thats how u people come and spew crap on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by spothot: 9:01pm On May 17, 2012
emmysenior: That's why if soldier slap you, U'll know truely that police is your friend. grin grin
LWKMD
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by spikesC(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2012
Nigerian army is known very well for infantry. They were once the best, i dn't know for now.
The problem is that they're not equally trained mentally. They're trained to be animals. That is really killing us
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by cindyrella(f): 9:18pm On May 17, 2012
No wonder their heart dey their back...#Smh#
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 17, 2012
This is standard endurance training for officer cadets of the Nigeria defence academy. It's no different from waterboarding that American marines go through. You won't want ur soldiers dolling out secrets when captured by enemy troops would u? This may be horrifying to civilian but we've learnt to live with it. I wonder why this pix- a classified exercise- got to public veiwing.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by tlops(m): 9:21pm On May 17, 2012
that was punishment not training..
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by tchaik(m): 9:22pm On May 17, 2012
gbogboti:

Come to 82 Division Enugu and you 'll respect soldiers even in hell. That's why the civilians 'd always be bloody. @all, tell the man in Aso rock to behave. Or else...you know the rest
TREASON ALERT!!!!!!!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 17, 2012
If na like this our soldiers are trained they na wash wash soldiers we get. But it seems those 2 are under punishment
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by sylve11: 9:52pm On May 17, 2012
Life in that place is not easy sha. undecided undecided i know what i am talking about. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Big Bush Rat Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? / How To Change My Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.