Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? (56240 Views)

How Us Soldiers Are Trained Not To Laugh / Is This Fair To Our Soldiers. / How Police Are Trained To Use Deadly Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 17, 2012
Smooth278: don't know what u guys are all shouting about but this was standard punishment in most secondary schools with boarding facilities!!! i did this punishment myself for more than 3hrs with other members of my house!!! some dudes were even sleeping during it so its not peculiar to the military schools!!! This is called planting though in our case the stones were not there it was just the bare ground!!!
Tell them o!
Don't know why some people are getting worked up.
Are those hypocrites going to claim to know better than the US forces who subject their trainees to even more rigorous training than what is visible on this pix?
Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Aarenaija: 10:14pm On May 17, 2012
That"s why some of them would prefer to huge a
transformer that is loaded to capacity
than to be punished by their superiors. grin grin grin grin

This is punishment joooooo lo!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by mkoabiola: 10:17pm On May 17, 2012
Thanks for taking time to educate d civilians bt I wonder why some cowards will b writing rubbish om nairaland
If u don't av beta tin to write is gud u keep quite.is it a must to write on nairaland.
Pls any1 who has gone through d dssc for navy or army can ping me 30f8d180

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Super1759: 10:36pm On May 17, 2012
Must heads be down?

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by supremebeing09: 10:56pm On May 17, 2012
Gaggi: Imagine all these boys who managed to go to Nigerian Military School Zaria, a bloody secondary school are busy calling others civilians. Wetin una be? U are a bloody civilian. Commot for road make big boys pass. NDA graduates should be d ones talking not u rats.
Military training is bloody tough, however they are some real barbaric stuff like d ones in the pix which they use as forms of punishment.

careytommy:
grin grin grin grin grin
You are what we refer to as 'belushians' and they usually die young.

NMS/95/xxxx F-Coy cool

Gaggi, or whatever your name is, your father is the rat you pr*ck. You're a bloody civilian, a tosser for that matter. Like my friend rightly said, you're a belushian - a jealous and ignorant f**k. An Ex-boy is an Ex-boy for life. Six years of not knowing what everyday brings and still survive is something to be proud of. Even an NDA product recognises and Ex-boy far more than an a**-wipe civilian like yourself.

So, kindly shut the f**k up and carry on with your life.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Chongaiman: 11:01pm On May 17, 2012
sammirano: even with this punishment it doesn't make them skillful in the art of war so what is the use

What do you know about the art of war? As being taught in the 9jan military, there are 10 principles of war. How many of them can you mention? Otherwise stop navigating in unknown waters.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Kc3000: 11:03pm On May 17, 2012
-Seems like civilians are very impressed with this planting(also called sitting on your head), but u considered yourself lucky in NMS if a senior ordered you to 'plant it'. It could be way worse, even though it was usually accompanied by a lot of wazzing(flogging) with an assortment of frightening equipment. However, baggers have been known to fall asleep in this position, unbeknownst to everyone around, until the order 'jump up' is given and the individual does not move. That is how much we had adapted to planting in NMS. It would be impossible to fall asleep while hanging, somersaulting, marrying a pillar, and a host of other more vicious punishments.

-The picture above(looks like NDA) would actually be a resting position, while 'hanging', after your arms have absolutely fatigued and can't hold your body up any longer. . .you 'take 5' by dropping your head to the ground.

-Salute to all the Exboys on this forum. We all look back in amazement, and wonder how we made it through those six hellish years . . well, five years. Being a lord in class six was sweeeet!!!

-@Gaggi, we received full military training(over and over, for six years) and are posted to different units in the Army after graduating fom NMS. In case u didn't know, we got paid at NMS too.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Chongaiman: 11:16pm On May 17, 2012
Febup:

Did the Cameroonian soldiers not kill some Nigerian soldiers around 1980, did the Nigerian soldiers fight back, no instead they were quick to look for a peaceful solution. But they can flex their muscles on defenceless citizens they are meant to protect.

9ja almost went to war on this matter. The war plan included armoured thrusts into Garoua general area and subsequent sweeping down to the south to capture Yaounde and Douala. Somehow, the plans were exposed by the 9jan media. France intervened, Cameroun apologised etc. You can read more about it at nowaomoigui.com. Otherwise stop passing on ignorance as sarcasm.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Chongaiman: 11:23pm On May 17, 2012
Onuokwu: This is definitely Nigerian Military School Zaria, My alma mater grin

Sorry to be a killjoy. The photo is definitely NDA (old site).
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by ismhab(m): 11:32pm On May 17, 2012
where are these rat that are calling people civilians? Let them come face boko haram, i'm advising them not to wear their kaki because boka boyz no dey joke, they can send them to world of no return.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Chongaiman: 11:34pm On May 17, 2012
9emere: D pics is so fake . d other soldier is even lauWhatghin @ u guys ignorance

What next would we hear? That the photos of the moon landing were photoshopped? Your opinions in no way alter reality. Regarding that cadet laughing. . . . have you ever been acquainted with the word 'sadism'?
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by osram(m): 11:39pm On May 17, 2012
maclatunji:

So how long would they stay in that position typically?
abt 25min..i skuld in a military environment(nigerian defence academy staff skul kaduna)
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by PaulJohn1: 11:42pm On May 17, 2012
grin laugh won kill me. The commander self dey laugh. Hope it's just for fun. It shouldn't be real
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Kc3000: 11:43pm On May 17, 2012
[b]@Ismhab[/b]Civilian is not an insult. I was once a soldier, but a civilian now. Your Boko boys, do not want a piece of my father's Army. . .they're wise to to continue in their guerrilla warfare, and never confront the NA squarely. It's unfortunate that they cowardly target non-combatants, but the noose is tightening and their days are surely numbered.

1 Like

Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Chongaiman: 11:50pm On May 17, 2012
malc619: With all dis training, they're still so ill-mannered and irresponsible..
Our soldiers are well trained physically, but mentally,....they're ά̲̣̥ bunch of "coconut-heads"....

Really? Have you heard of the feats of one General Ovadje in the field of medical science, the peacetime roles of the NAE
or the roles of the 9jan military at NASRDA? Judging from your post, I assume your response would be non-affirmative.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 12:35am On May 18, 2012
Chongaiman:

Really? Have you heard of the feats of one General Ovadje in the field of medical science, the peacetime roles of the NAE
or the roles of the 9jan military at NASRDA? Judging from your post, I assume your response would be non-affirmative.
How would he know that the first nigerian to have a patent is Gen Ovadje whose invention is being used the world over for during heart by-pass surgery.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 12:35am On May 18, 2012
Chongaiman:

How would he know that the first nigerian to have a patent is Gen Ovadje whose invention is being used the world over during heart by-pass surgery.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 1:14am On May 18, 2012
This is cal pain endurance treatment becose war is not fun party. I watch a pastor on TBN narating how american special force pple are chosen he said the applicants wil be left at a location where you can't find water and food for 7 days from there pple that survive wil be taken to the next level of training he said that the number of pple who usually survive at the first level is between 4 and 5 others back out within 3 to 4 day. I mean navy zeal that kil osama.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by malc619(m): 1:35am On May 18, 2012
careytommy:
How would he know that the first nigerian to have a patent is Gen Ovadje whose invention is being used the world over for during heart by-pass surgery.

Dats an exception. D average man in khaki ‎​is a coconut-head...PERIOD.
One man in d midst of 500 zombies..... Good combination
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Yeske2(m): 4:42am On May 18, 2012
donjon: dis picture was taken 4 laughs @ navytown ojo. it is called pin ur head. d punishment dat is
Did you say for laughs? I would never try that even for a second, very dehumanizing.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 18, 2012
malc619:

An uncouth "zombie" on d lose....
I wonder if dats how ur colleagues in developed nations insult their civilian counterparts
ur mother unclouth
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by KenStranger(m): 7:05am On May 18, 2012
Pls it is very true, this not the full pix. This what is done, its fun peeps. Thats why l am GALANT
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by ssultana(f): 7:44am On May 18, 2012
obakovich:
Thank you very much for educatn these bloody civilians.
Many are called but few are Ex-Boys.NMS95
soldiers are great people wherever whenever
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by gp66(m): 7:51am On May 18, 2012
making them more rugged and brutal. Nice one.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by TonySpike: 8:18am On May 18, 2012
These punishments reminds of the punishment "awarded" to us at the NYSC camp in Awgu by soldiers of the 82 division in Enugu. Those soldiers with their camp commandant, Major Watanafa, were a little cruel. Even after the punishment, they would still call us "bloody civilians".

These were the words of Major Watanafa - "Exercise (punishment) is good for the body; once you stop doing it, you'll grow old"

Even as secondary school students, we invented some cruel punishments too. grin

By the way, Major Watanafa should be the same Lt. Colonel Watanafa who is the commanding officer of 192 batallion at Owode. Can somebody confirm this?
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by KINGAlli(m): 8:40am On May 18, 2012
With all deir Breakneck Training dem no fit catch Uneducated BOKO BOIZ...Shior!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by ebonyfades: 8:41am On May 18, 2012
Buahaha!!! I have seen my commandants at my Nysc camp give this exact punishment to guys who came in to sell weed to corp members. No wonder our soldiers behave the way they do when blood don Rush to their brain
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by begwong: 9:03am On May 18, 2012
Parnassuss:

Yet only the fittest survive. NMS/98/.... But oga this looks like NDA.
enuf respect! 'OGA'
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by tope33(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2012
i guess the stone is what made an amazing difference! do you know how it feel to sit one's head on a shapeless stone. My bad shocked
Smooth278: don't know what u guys are all shouting about but this was standard punishment in most secondary schools with boarding facilities!!! i did this punishment myself for more than 3hrs with other members of my house!!! some dudes were even sleeping during it so its not peculiar to the military schools!!! This is called planting though in our case the stones were not there it was just the bare ground!!!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2012
Faheedat: I was there before na so e be,
I believe they were punished for unprofessional altitude because DISCIPLINE IS OUR MOTOR
i hope other would learn from it
Only preference are given to my colleagues(Opposite sex only)

Officer Arrest me!!

Do to me as you please.. Violate every one of my rights!!

DARN!!! Thats one fine arse soldier!!
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 18, 2012
Dis pics are all so real, taken @ NDA, I'v got pictures nd video cds of their so-cald trainin 4rm my frnd(a final yr cadet) there. Although I cnt bt help 2 alwz 1da y all this wickedness in d name of training, and then willing 2 lay down ur life 4 a country dat has no regard 4 human lives sacrificed 4 her sake.4get d mouth-waterin pay and freebies, its rily nt a place 2 b, esp if u enterd under duress 4rm family nd peers, u shld b rily willin 2 go,not 2 please any1.
Re: Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? by malc619(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2012
obakovich:
ur mother unclouth

A zombie who doesn't have a mother..
U'r uncouth just like 95% of the boyz in khaki....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Killed This Snake In My Compound, What Type Of Snake Is It? / The Big Bush Rat Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.